Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Midnight Raider posted:

Especially the guy with the Reverse Class Aspects stuff. gently caress that guy.

BladeKind Eyewear's problem is that he appears to literally have nothing else going on in his non-professional life besides Homestuck. Some of his earlier word vomits like the class aspects stuff I've found honestly interesting from a lit theory 101 perspective if you can divorce it in your head from what he himself is actually trying to do with it. But the poor guy has kind of run out of plausible things to talk about and has a legion of followers constantly asking for his opinion as a ~homestuck scholar~.
And as Youtube has proven, quantity beats quality, so increasingly bizarre, inane, and speculative posts are the order of the day. He makes so many theories, he and his followers have gotten a couple of things right by sheer carpet bombing method.

Edit:

SynthOrange posted:

You guys dont need to be reminded that Dave's Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff comics are prescient.

I hope the end of Homestuck is topped off with a SBaHJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

This is today's update in "Why If You're Smarter Than Me You Should Avoid Tumblr Completely."

Well, treestuck isn't updating, so what's the point?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Tunicate posted:

Well, treestuck isn't updating, so what's the point?

Nor is Precision F-Strike, though she should be back at it again eventually.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

LOBAC, however, is updating, and she's just reached Hivebent.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

So, first we had Jane sexually objectifying poor Jake. Then John gets ignored by Roxy as she ogles his 'hot body'.

Could this be... a theme?

(What does it all mean?)

It means Roxy finally met someone she can hit on without feeling super guilty, don't be mean. :colbert:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

AriadneThread posted:

BladeKind Eyewear's problem is that he appears to literally have nothing else going on in his non-professional life besides Homestuck. Some of his earlier word vomits like the class aspects stuff I've found honestly interesting from a lit theory 101 perspective if you can divorce it in your head from what he himself is actually trying to do with it. But the poor guy has kind of run out of plausible things to talk about and has a legion of followers constantly asking for his opinion as a ~homestuck scholar~.
And as Youtube has proven, quantity beats quality, so increasingly bizarre, inane, and speculative posts are the order of the day. He makes so many theories, he and his followers have gotten a couple of things right by sheer carpet bombing method.

Edit:

I hope the end of Homestuck is topped off with a SBaHJ.

I think I lost it with him when he kept trying to force every unexplained object into the role of AURYN from the Neverending Story. First the Trickster-mode lollipop, and then the House-shaped treasure that John got his powers from. He just grabs onto the most tenuous connections imaginable and forces them into every loving thing possible. It's like reading a lovely freshman literary criticism paper.

That and his "all homestuck characters must end up perfectly matched in relationships" is pretty gross.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

A big flaming stink posted:

That and his "all homestuck characters must end up perfectly matched in relationships" is pretty gross.
Barring a mass ghost revival, I don't even think the gender/orientation numbers work out for that to happen.

We need Karkat in here to update his shipping diagram and figure this out.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

TVs Ian posted:

Barring a mass ghost revival, I don't even think the gender/orientation numbers work out for that to happen.

We need Karkat in here to update his shipping diagram and figure this out.

At this point, the diagram would be around the size of a printed-out Wikipedia if you counted the ghostselves.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

'them wise words j sock'

As if I needed anyone else to tell me how awesome Roxy is. :kimchi:

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
New update.

Okay someone find me a place where people ship John and Vriska right now. I need to see reactions to this. I need to taste their tears.

edit: vvv I have NO idea how to navigate tumblr at all.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 24, 2013

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

quote:

JOHN: ohhh.
JOHN: ok, this is starting to make sense.

Nope, this will not do at all. We cannot have John finally understand things. We need another plot twist to throw old Egbert for a loop, stat.

ActionZero posted:

Okay someone find me a place where people ship John and Vriska right now. I need to see reactions to this. I need to taste their tears.

Search tumblr. Trust me.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 24, 2013

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
This is such a :3: update.

As far as Fresca goes, I'm sure half the Tumblrs will interpret John being in spades as opposed as being done with her as opposed to everyone but Meenah.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Homestuck posted:

JOHN: surprisingly, i know a LOT about that subject.
JOHN: for instance, did you know they turn into gigantic snakes when they have sex?
ROXY: :O

I like this update. It's funny, strange, AND feels like it's moving the plot and characters along!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Fresca (Fresca)

Bell_ posted:

Agreed.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Call me a shitter or a shipper or whatever those kinds of people are, but I kind of feel a little sad that John now hates Vriska.
It's totally justified of course, and Vriska's pretty much done this to herself but I do kind of wish she could stop doing things to make everyone who has ever cared a little about her unable to do so anymore.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Am I right in saying that there is an almost negligible chance that the ring is still at John's house and he will be able to give it to Roxie as promised? The update was cute but I really just want to move the plot along instead of having Evil Jade/Jane swoop in to make things difficult for another 100 pages.

It would also be cool to have Calliope back in the story.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
After all the stardust bullshit and teleporting and timeline hopping and "The Difficulties of Being Evil" co-written by Jade and Jane, a simple update with two cross-session kids just telling each other about what's happened and currently happening and no big freakouts or interruptions is a very welcome change.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So I probably missed it, but when did John get his knowledge on the Cherubs?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

IUG posted:

He was on the troll ghost pirate ship when Aranea went on her spiel about the Cherubs and Calliope/Caliborn's parents, etc.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I still hope Vriska somehow gets the ring. I mean, i can't see Calliope actually getting it, since it would be pretty unusual if something actually went according to plan, and Vriska is the one who absolutely needs to be revived, on account of being Vriska.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WhiffleballDude posted:

After all the stardust bullshit and teleporting and timeline hopping and "The Difficulties of Being Evil" co-written by Jade and Jane, a simple update with two cross-session kids just telling each other about what's happened and currently happening and no big freakouts or interruptions is a very welcome change.

You could call it a breath of fresh heir?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

IUG posted:

John got his information about Cherubs the same place that we did since he was present for Aranea's explanation about snake sex.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Tollymain posted:

You could call it a breath of fresh heir?

I could but then I'd want to punch myself in the throat.

Crump Rocknubs
Sep 14, 2007

Maybe grind on some shit.

ActionZero posted:

New update.

edit: vvv I have NO idea how to navigate tumblr at all.

vexarian.tumblr.com is the most notorious of the lot, and he is losing his goddamn poo poo as I type this. His claims to fame are that he once threatened to stab someone for writing John/Karkat fanfiction, and also that he never shuts up, so chances are very good you'll need a refill on your popcorn at some point.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
I have never unironically cared about a ship until now. JSOXX :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's the guy who people copy-paste rants from and convert them into Caliborn's quirk, isn't it?

Crump Rocknubs
Sep 14, 2007

Maybe grind on some shit.
Vexiborn! The very one.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Toclafane posted:

vexarian.tumblr.com is the most notorious of the lot, and he is losing his goddamn poo poo as I type this. His claims to fame are that he once threatened to stab someone for writing John/Karkat fanfiction, and also that he never shuts up, so chances are very good you'll need a refill on your popcorn at some point.

I know "ha ha look at these weirdos on tumblr" is kind of tired by now but good lord this guy's got issues.

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

Dorroile posted:

I still hope Vriska somehow gets the ring. I mean, i can't see Calliope actually getting it, since it would be pretty unusual if something actually went according to plan, and Vriska is the one who absolutely needs to be revived, on account of being Vriska.

And then John kills her.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

quote:

JOHN: if i had to guess, i'd say you must be the leader of your team squad too, right?
ROXY: naaaw
ROXY: that's jane
ROXY: as you can see shes the one with a knack for ruthless executive authority
ROXY: is a shame she only uses it when evil tho :(

Roxy wasn't privy to this conversation, after all.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

WhiffleballDude posted:

I know "ha ha look at these weirdos on tumblr" is kind of tired by now but good lord this guy's got issues.

I checked the guy out and while WOW, he really needs to calm the hell down, he looks like a loving paragon of sanity next to this guy:

Mmmm, thats some good delusion. That said I do think vexarian has a point that this is the most judgmental John's ever been. Considering how cool he was after Terezi actually killed him, and how little anger he had just a short time after seeing his fathers corpse, it is weird to see John react so negatively to someone or dwell on it so much.

Though I guess it does make sense as him getting really into her so he reacts more when his illusion/feelings about her breaks.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nephthys posted:

I checked the guy out and while WOW, he really needs to calm the hell down, he looks like a loving paragon of sanity next to this guy:

Mmmm, thats some good delusion. That said I do think vexarian has a point that this is the most judgmental John's ever been. Considering how cool he was after Terezi actually killed him, and how little anger he had just a short time after seeing his fathers corpse, it is weird to see John react so negatively to someone or dwell on it so much.

Though I guess it does make sense as him getting really into her so he reacts more when his illusion/feelings about her breaks.

Being judgmental isn't always a bad thing. Judging someone for mass murder (of a sort) and the like, for example, is a rather rational response.

Also I didn't even bother to read that horrible wall of gradient'd text, just the title (and the length, wow) told me what I need to know.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

Being judgmental isn't always a bad thing. Judging someone for mass murder (of a sort) and the like, for example, is a rather rational response.

Also I didn't even bother to read that horrible wall of gradient'd text, just the title (and the length, wow) told me what I need to know.

I didn't say it was a bad thing, I just think its an odd reaction for John to have. He got over the first mass murder she admitted to him about nigh instantly. Plus I guess I did like that John always saw the good in people and liked him and Vriska as friends.

Having read it, I can say you made the right choice. :|

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hmm... would giving Calliope the ring reactivate her presence in Lord English's body, letting her take control? Or would she be given a separate body and [shenanigans]-> she goes God Tier somehow?

Also obligatory WRAP IT UP VRISKAILURES.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Bell_ posted:

As far as Fresca goes, I'm sure half the Tumblrs will interpret John being in spades as opposed as being done with her as opposed to everyone but Meenah.

I am very much looking forward to John-Fresca fanart. Mostly because it is the superior beverage. :colbert:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Toclafane posted:

...Jesus, he's still at it :stare:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Grrl Anachronism posted:

I am very much looking forward to John-Fresca fanart. Mostly because it is the superior beverage. :colbert:

Oh come on, everyone sensible ships TaB/Fresca.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Oh come on, everyone sensible ships TaB/Fresca.

That totally ruins the Mayor/TaB ship.

A Bloody Crowbar
May 9, 2009

There are many parallels between human relationships and the various facets of beverage romance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

A Bloody Crowbar posted:

There are many parallels between human relationships and the various facets of beverage romance.

Allow me to go on a twenty page rant about the 90 different kinds of beverage romance. It starts thusly: