Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
"It appears my wee-wee's been stricken with rigor mortis."

DSC_9483.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

DSC_9477.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

DSC_9176.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

DSC_9448.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.

Urania
very expired Kodak MAX 400, Canon AE-1 Program

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

Alto Pass, 2AM 2 by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

I wish I had urban landscapes to practice on. Rural America kind of gets old after a while.

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001

DSCF2477.jpg by fuglsnef, on Flickr

DSCF2476.jpg by fuglsnef, on Flickr

DSCF2479.jpg by fuglsnef, on Flickr

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Venusian Weasel posted:

Rural America kind of gets old after a while.

This has to be a joke.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

Delightful

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Musket posted:

This has to be a joke.

Grass is greener situation. Every photographer wants to be shooting somewhere that they aren't currently located.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I have no idea what you've done to these photos, but I like it!

I could have said who shot these without looking at the username. Nice photos as always!

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

InternetJunky posted:

I assume nothing, seeing as they're instant photos...

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Venusian Weasel posted:

I wish I had urban landscapes to practice on. Rural America kind of gets old after a while.

Hi, I am also a person who (used to) live in central Illinois. There's plenty of interesting stuff if you look for it. Work with what you've got. I did: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhitmrb/sets/72157627361334876/

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

InternetJunky posted:

Yeah, those look like Instax Wide shots.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

Evergreen Forest by TheOneTrueDevo, on Flickr

sunrise by TheOneTrueDevo, on Flickr

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

Musket posted:

This has to be a joke.

Living in an economically depressed area and watching places you knew as a child dry up and go away is kind of soul-crushing. There's interesting places to go and take natural landscapes, which is always nice, but I see enough dried out derelicts that I don't need a hard-drive or flickr page full of pictures of them to remind me about it.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Venusian Weasel posted:

Living in an economically depressed area and watching places you knew as a child dry up and go away is kind of soul-crushing. There's interesting places to go and take natural landscapes, which is always nice, but I see enough dried out derelicts that I don't need a hard-drive or flickr page full of pictures of them to remind me about it.

Shoot the ugly :colbert:

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Venusian Weasel posted:

I dunno, this sounds like a photo essay to me.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The one time I tried going to an "economically depressed area" near me, someone threatened to beat the poo poo out of me if he saw the camera pointed in his direction.

Perhaps I need better timing.

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

xzzy posted:

The one time I tried going to an "economically depressed area" near me, someone threatened to beat the poo poo out of me if he saw the camera pointed in his direction.

Well, my picture was at 2Am in a town of 400. Nothing happens there even during the day. I'm in the part of the state where Coal was King, all of the mines have closed, all of the ports to ship it have closed, the population is falling, so all of the retail and recreation facilities have gone bust, and so on. Really the only thing we've got going for us are some orchards and wineries.

There are some places that are totally sketch that I wouldn't even think about going by myself, even by day. The bombed out shell of Cairo, IL being one of those. It's a pretty sad place, too.

I can talk to a couple of my friends and see if they'd be willing to accompany me on some trips to get pics, though. I guess it would be an interesting project.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

xzzy posted:

Swing your tripod at him and grunt.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

What's the focal length/aperture/sensor size? The DoF is quite peculiar.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Suicide Watch posted:

What's the focal length/aperture/sensor size? The DoF is quite peculiar.
560mm/f8/full frame

Reichstag posted:

I assume nothing, seeing as they're instant photos...
Oh well, even better then.

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

Some actual landscapes from me. I've been spending the last couple of days working on my pictures from field training out west. I took nearly 1500 pictures over six weeks, so wading through them and finding the best ones to work on is kind of a tall order. Doesn't help that I had a little pocket camera with a malfunctioning color balance. And focusing issues. And a terrible lens.

Lost Geologists by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

Rattlesnake Canyon by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

The Hill by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

Switchback by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

moonduck
Apr 1, 2005
a tour de force
I hiked part of the way up a mountain a couple weeks ago and took some pictures.

big cheese
Apr 29, 2009

Tintern on t'internet
I haven't taken any photos and in ages and it sucks so here's one from last year.

Submerged by i.morrison, on Flickr

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Depart by Ashade76, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Paddy Field, Shirakawa, Gifu, 2013 by alkanphel, on Flickr

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

InternetJunky posted:

Thanks! Do yourself a favour and pick up an Instax. Check your local classifieds as there's almost always someone trying to get rid of one after their wedding.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Transect by atomicthumbs, on Flickr

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Garbage by mr_student, on Flickr

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

That grandpa lens has a really nice softness to it, it looks more like a print scan than a negative scan.

Romanv
Jun 13, 2013
Went for a bit of a hike - on the way to this beach, I had to wade through some thigh high ICEY cold water. (Not ball height thankfully!)

On the way back, I found an alternative route, haha damnit.

I've been whoring out the Sigma 10-20, my new toy.

And I quite liked the tree pic, so I got my Flatmate to make a print.

Came out pretty drat good at that size, given that it's a crop sensor camera and wide angle lense, which isnt nearly as sharp as some of my others.

Romanv fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Aug 25, 2013

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

aliencowboy posted:

That grandpa lens has a really nice softness to it, it looks more like a print scan than a negative scan.

It's a good camera to use to get out of a rut, all you do is try and frame in the grubby little window and flick a rusty toggle and you get a 6x9 negative.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

motion landscape?

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Estes Park by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

e:

single-mode fiber fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 26, 2013

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?