Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Yeah, I've (finally!) caught up to the latest chapter after falling about a hundred or so behind, and the past few have really lacked the interesting elements that wizard school/dungeon crawling had. I'm hoping things are resolved soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
New chapter! I didn't think I'd ever feel bad for Ren Kouha, but the state his body after being caught by the Black Rukh... :gonk:

I hope there's going to be more lightheartedness after the end of this arc, the reveals so far make it seem like it's the endgame.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah, it's crazy how much this has escalated without even involving the entire main cast. I hope this ends with Morgiana showing up and kicking that thing in half.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 22, 2013

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
There were way too many chapters to get to this. It also seems a good mid series arc unless the story we've been told is going to be ignored. All the players realistically will know what the end game is after this and we can spend some time before it gets there.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I also don't really understand why it all had to be escalated all at once right now. Not like the previous situation wasn't full of tension or big developments that could easily stand on their own as the endgame of its own arc.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Yeah, the current arc feels like a final arc. If not for all the untied plot threads, I'd be convinced it is and the author has just been quiet about ending it here and now while still going through with it.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
It feels like the manga got cancelled. The escalation is annoying, I just can't care about it after a while because there's no balance. It's just "evil thing shrugs off ultimate attack" followed by "evil thing shrugs off more ultimate attack" followed by me not giving a poo poo.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

cooldude2.0 posted:

It feels like the manga got cancelled. The escalation is annoying, I just can't care about it after a while because there's no balance. It's just "evil thing shrugs off ultimate attack" followed by "evil thing shrugs off more ultimate attack" followed by me not giving a poo poo.

Yeah the last few chapters have been super repetitive. And with this reveal it really feels like we're rushing towards an ending. Especially since this arc was, like, wrapping up immediately before the ULTIMATE GOD OF EVIL or whatever suddenly appeared.

Or maybe the author just got impatient and just wanted to draw tons of crazy magic attacks, I dunno.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I was going to say it almost feels like the manga's getting canceled but then I remembered it's getting another anime season, so that seems unlikely.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Sindai posted:

I was going to say it almost feels like the manga's getting canceled but then I remembered it's getting another anime season, so that seems unlikely.

They also have the Sinbad spinoff, it seems popular enough.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Chapter 194 Yaaaaay Morgiana! :neckbeard: Looks like her power got an upgrade. I can't wait to see her in action!

And: Pose as a team, cause poo poo. JUST. GOT. REAL.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Well, I was at least half right about Morgiana. Might still become all right.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Well, now it seems poised for a rushed ending now that the cast is all here.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Manga officially good again. Not that it was bad, per se...but it was severely lacking some Morgianna. Maybe we can finally move this plot along, now.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I felt like Magi got really bogged down in the latest battle. Also, lots of difficult to understand battle-image panels. I was really hoping to follow Morgiana's adventure. Maybe we'll get the full scoop in a flashback later on?

Agreed that the manga looks like it's "good again." I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I forget if I already called Sinbad being the final big bad before, but with the developments in the newest chapters it seems less likely. I'm still feeling like it's possible though.

The current battle might be a little messy but I'm still loving it. Massive blowout attacks can never not be awesome, especially when they look this good.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Argas posted:

Well, now it seems poised for a rushed ending now that the cast is all here.

Hakuryuu is still huffing black Rukh with Judal, though.

Magi still has some poo poo to do after this before it can end.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Dan7el posted:

I felt like Magi got really bogged down in the latest battle. Also, lots of difficult to understand battle-image panels. I was really hoping to follow Morgiana's adventure. Maybe we'll get the full scoop in a flashback later on?

Agreed that the manga looks like it's "good again." I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Yeah, I've been a bit perplexed since this war started, not only are things kinda sketchy and cluttered on every page but it feels like everything got super amped up and rushed towards some sort of ending and I was looking forward to luxuriously taking in the flavor of the world/setting through further adventures and stuff (since I'd more or less enjoyed getting introduced to Wizard Hitler and learning the dark ins and outs of his country and past).

SorcerousHam
Apr 8, 2011
My own guess is less than 10 chapters before this manga is finished.

It all smells too much like rushed shounen cliche need-to-wrap-this-series-up-have-a-huge-battle-with-all-the-cast.

Scorvi
Apr 4, 2009
New Chapter!

Dare we hope that this arc is almost done?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I sure hope so. Morgiana's new skills get talked up for three pages before they fail to do anything? If this isn't the series rushing towards an early cancellation it's an unbelievable facsimile. :psyduck:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 2, 2013

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I'm guessing the author just saw One Piece's war at Marineford and said, "I can do that!"

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Chapter 196

So the past 20 or whatever chapters have ended with the bad guy nearly beaten at the end of each one, right? Surely this time, it will be different! Nope! But for ~reasons~ it doesn't matter anyway this time. Why couldn't this have happened like 10 chapters ago? Why did it have to happen now?

Mystic Mongol posted:

I'm guessing the author just saw One Piece's war at Marineford and said, "I can do that!"
That was more of a problem with the anime, though. I had no issue with that arc in the manga.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

That was more of a problem with the anime, though. I had no issue with that arc in the manga.
No, he thought he could pull the manga version off, but couldn't. Instead of bigger and bigger opponents clashing, it just had more and more people throwing everything at some invincible monster.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Nate RFB posted:

We can't all be Oda, man.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

About loving time those dude's showed up.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New chapter!
UGO! :neckbeard: Titus's rukh form is absolutely adorable, my goodness. Time to find out what Hakuryuu is here for, tie up loose ends and then hopefully some new dungeon adventuring/magic schooling! Something light-hearted at this point, really.

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 16, 2013

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

So, Yam's past relationship with Mogamett is that her family were servants/retainers of the Royal Family but he stole her away, raised her without telling her the truth, and she ran away because she didn't want to be used by the rebellion? The foreshadowing of their past relationship made it sound like it'd be something more significant.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I enjoyed the subtle "nobody is perfect" *half-page close-up of Sinbad's face.*

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Hey the art is back to normal! It's been pretty wonky these past few months.

SorcerousHam
Apr 8, 2011
:psyduck:

So now it's switched gears entirely and not going to finish. Maybe there was that stupid power spam due to editorial meddling?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Oh my gosh Ugo!!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

SorcerousHam posted:

:psyduck:

So now it's switched gears entirely and not going to finish. Maybe there was that stupid power spam due to editorial meddling?
I'm glad it seems to be back on the rails, I was bummed about how rushed and bizarre it had been getting in the last few weeks.

Monsieur Mango
Apr 29, 2009
Angry uneducated white person
Chapter's out!

Chapter 197 :psyduck:

Looks like some answers have been revealed about the mysterious Magi. Ugo seems to be... someone else.

Also, what was going on in this page?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Monsieur Mango posted:

Chapter's out!

Chapter 197 :psyduck:

Looks like some answers have been revealed about the mysterious Magi. Ugo seems to be... someone else.

Also, what was going on in this page?

Looks like Sinbad's got them all in his pace

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

chapter 199

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Really good to see fun interaction with the characters we all know and love so well without some world-ending or life-ending threat over their heads. Of course, with Alibaba's current predicament, you never know....

Monsieur Mango
Apr 29, 2009
Angry uneducated white person
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck! Poor Mor :smith:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I like the new girl a lot so I enjoy this. Unfortunately, Mor has been chasing him since forever, so Alibaba will eventually end up with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

KittyEmpress posted:

I like the new girl a lot so I enjoy this. Unfortunately, Mor has been chasing him since forever, so Alibaba will eventually end up with her.

Everyone knows Morgiana the Tricky Slave eventually marries the eldest son of Ali Baba to ensure his fortunes are inherited by someone who isn't stupid. :colbert:

• Locked thread