Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Where is this from?

That particular scan is from the newest cement mixer: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=60018-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FordGT40
Jul 4, 2012
Car boots are the best. This morning I bought a Lego Viking boat and serpent for £10.00, boxed and only missing one piece.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PR3-0R Praetorian (POV) by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

edit- this mech would never work bricked without gluing a certain piece, can you figure out what it is and why?

Captain Foo fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Aug 25, 2013

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Captain Foo posted:

PR3-0R Praetorian (POV) by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

edit- this mech would never work bricked without gluing a certain piece, can you figure out what it is and why?

Is it the foil on his shoulder?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Neurion posted:

Is it the foil on his shoulder?

nope, it's something a lot more fundamentally structural than that. hint - it's actually two matching pieces on either side of the mech

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Oh, those 1x4 studless plates? Lack of those bottom dimples do make them pretty structurally terrible

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Fayez Butts posted:

Oh, those 1x4 studless plates? Lack of those bottom dimples do make them pretty structurally terrible

Ding! although it's more the fact that on each side the entire missile tube/arm structure is held up by those things at a 45 degree angle with no other support anywhere.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

What the chances of the haunted house finishing soon? I want to make sure I pick one up before it's not available anymore.

Also, I'm thinking about fully converting it into a modular building, de-haunting it and making each floor seperate.

Wish me luck.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

What the chances of the haunted house finishing soon? I want to make sure I pick one up before it's not available anymore.

Also, I'm thinking about fully converting it into a modular building, de-haunting it and making each floor seperate.

Wish me luck.

Well, it's part of Monster Fighters, a now-retired line, so I'd guess it's out of production and limited to what they have left in the warehouse.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They're still sitting in Lego stores, but I'd probably hurry though.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

PriorMarcus posted:

Wish me luck.

Currently all the Monster Fighters merch in our store is on 20% off sale, except for the Haunted House, which is still full price. Make of that what you will.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

M0S-3CP Bogatyr (POV) by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

InfinEight posted:

That particular scan is from the newest cement mixer: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=60018-1

I love everything about that cement mixer. I know all the trucks like that are all basically the same, but they're all so neat that I can't help but like them a lot.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I bought their garbage truck. A GARBAGE TRUCK. It still looks great. :3:

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

SynthOrange posted:

Hell yah! I love this little truck. It lifts up and everything :3: and the hulk looks cool lifting it up in photos :p

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

squarerandom posted:

Hell yah! I love this little truck. It lifts up and everything :3: and the hulk looks cool lifting it up in photos :p

Show! Show! :neckbeard:

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Neurion posted:

Currently all the Monster Fighters merch in our store is on 20% off sale, except for the Haunted House, which is still full price. Make of that what you will.

I would imagine it's selling through Halloween -- it's a great themed set for that -- but after that, retirement beckons.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Neurion posted:

Show! Show! :neckbeard:

I'm off tomorrow, so ill do a few lego photosets, my Instagram(squaresquare) is 50% lego shots!

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

SynthOrange posted:

That's the one I have. The only thing I didn't like about it was that I thought it had dual exhaust and it doesn't (which I guess is my own problem and not the set's). I'd order another exhaust piece, but :effort:

I also wanted to snag the Octan tanker, too, since it's the same size and has a good boxtruck feel to it.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
I got the flatbed truck a few weeks ago:

It's pretty cool. I like how they did the truck mirrors, and the lady minifig is awesome.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

I guess they're common in a lot of places but I saw like an exact replica of this truck when I visited Copenhagen. Truly :denmark:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

QuarkMartial posted:

That's the one I have. The only thing I didn't like about it was that I thought it had dual exhaust and it doesn't (which I guess is my own problem and not the set's). I'd order another exhaust piece, but :effort:

I also wanted to snag the Octan tanker, too, since it's the same size and has a good boxtruck feel to it.

The Octan tanker is beautiful and I love it :3: I got to build the store's demo tanker last summer, and it was a treat for me. As a child, my favorite cargo vehicles were always liquid cargo, i.e. tanker trucks, tank cars on locomotives, and oil tankers. Something about the curves really appealed to me, rather than boxy boxcars and container ships.

Edit: What I really miss now, though, is the Fire Transporter.

I just love how the 8-wheeler is an amphibious vehicle, kind of reminds me of amphibious LAVs. I know it's still in production, but I miss having it in the store to show to the kids.

Neurion fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Aug 26, 2013

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I am a sucker for those $20 trucks, I have got to have at least 12 of them or so, they are fun and detailed little builds. Plus they look good for a Lego City landscape, add some nice detail and realism to a city scene.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I like the trucks, and it's a neat little mini-series to collect since they usually have a couple of sub $20 ones. But there's only so many ways to build a cab so they can get a little samey. And it doesn't take them long to repeat.

Also, the garbage truck is covered with recycling logos, but there is a separate recycling truck set, which is more of a playset than just a truck.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pfft all these trucks with fenders. Back in my day the wheels were flush with the sides of the car (which was only 4 studs wide) and we liked it!

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

xzzy posted:

Pfft all these trucks with fenders. Back in my day the wheels were flush with the sides of the car (which was only 4 studs wide) and we liked it!

Get out of here grandpa.

This thing was amazing and that 5-stud sleeper cab blew my mind when I was 11.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

InfinEight posted:

Get out of here grandpa.

:colbert:
Always remained my favourite truck when I was a kid.
When I got an old idea book that had an alternate construction for it and it became an even bigger favourite.
Pity I probably lost that book ages ago. :(

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

The rear end Stooge posted:

It's pretty cool. I like how they did the truck mirrors, and the lady minifig is awesome.

Does the bed move (i.e. does the truck 'work'?)? That's really cool.

I loved all the Octan trucks as a kid. I got to looking around on the internet a few months back when I couldn't remember it's name. I found a wiki (or maybe it's on Wikipedia) that had a company history of Octan as if it were an actual company. It was pretty cute :3:

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

:colbert:
Always remained my favourite truck when I was a kid.
When I got an old idea book that had an alternate construction for it and it became an even bigger favourite.
Pity I probably lost that book ages ago. :(

Yeah, forklifts are pretty c--

Holy poo poo, Diesel Daredevil I loved you so much and made so many variations based on you :allears:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Looks like Target is clearancing out the newer Hobbit and LOTR sets now. Picked up 79008 Pirate Ship Ambush for $70 yesterday. 79007 Battle at the Black Gate was also on clearance but only for $45 so I'll let that sit for a bit.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

QuarkMartial posted:

Does the bed move (i.e. does the truck 'work'?)? That's really cool.

It tilts, but doesn't slide back like a real tow truck, so the bed angle is a bit extreme. Combine that with the hook not having a very good connection to the car, and it's pretty finicky for actual playing.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

InfinEight posted:

Get out of here grandpa.

I still want this

InfinEight posted:

Holy poo poo, Diesel Daredevil I loved you so much and made so many variations based on you :allears:

I had this, as well as this:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

InfinEight posted:

"Road and Trail 4x4" was pretty hardcore:

http://peeron.com/inv/sets/6675-1

So was the safari off road:

http://peeron.com/inv/sets/6672-1

Because it had shocks. :black101:

Want to say there were a couple variants of that model.. I swear I had a red off road truck. There's a police themed one as well that lacked the shocks.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

InfinEight posted:

Get out of here grandpa.

This set was also objectively awesome because they were the racecars in LEGO Island, also known as the best computer game ever. :allears:

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

kensei posted:

I still want this

I had this, as well as this:

I had the Legoland California version of this set. Those chrome grilles were so easy to lose.

FadingChord posted:

This set was also objectively awesome because they were the racecars in LEGO Island, also known as the best computer game ever. :allears:

Lego Island owned and was one of my favorite computer games as a kid. It ran at like 5 FPS on our lovely old Pentium but I didn't care, I beat it over and over again. Those race cars are great builds, too; they're perfect representations using just a handful of basic bricks.

My favorite automotive playset ever, though, was the Hot Rod Club. CHECK OUT THOSE SWEET CARS.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I had the Legoland California version of this set. Those chrome grilles were so easy to lose.

Lego Island owned and was one of my favorite computer games as a kid. It ran at like 5 FPS on our lovely old Pentium but I didn't care, I beat it over and over again. Those race cars are great builds, too; they're perfect representations using just a handful of basic bricks.

My favorite automotive playset ever, though, was the Hot Rod Club. CHECK OUT THOSE SWEET CARS.

Those exhaust pipes are probably the coolest custom piece lego ever made, every time I encounter one when I'm digging in my grey bucket I remind myself I should make something with them.

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
Took a trip to the Lego Store the other day. I just LOVE the pick a brick wall. I've been wanting to post pictures of my haul, but the kids are like little vultures as soon as we get home so you will all have to settle for a castle made from the pick a bricks. I am thrilled that they are starting to get more of the girly friends colors in the wall. I should have picked up more of the blue transparent round blocks, but at the time I couldn't think of a use for them...then I get home and realize they are great for making a castle. We also managed to get the last 2 minifigures the kids wanted...trendsetter/captain.

Also bonus picture of the kids and their little lego set-up. We've officially gone lego crazy in this house. The few little friends sets I had stashed away for when my 2 year old was older have now of course been opened, and more have been purchased since then.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Waiting for some stupid "Oh so women can't drive, Lego!?" shitstorm.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Colonial Air Force posted:

Waiting for some stupid "Oh so women can't drive, Lego!?" shitstorm.
The car looks like an Audi, so I'd say it's more of a statement about German reliability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But what if the suitcase is actually a toolbox and the guy is actually wearing a fire proof suit? The scene is suddenly something very different!

Not sure what the stop light is there for, however.