Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

I've no idea if it's patented or not but

quote:

the NE-1 will use the patented Cold Wall Vortex flow field developed by ORBITEC

is the cooling system used on early versions of the V2, and it's ridiculously wasteful of propellant as well as causing massive issues with nozzle design. also their magical self-pressurising fuel is really obviously lpg. it's not a bad design for a hobbyist rocket but the idea that's getting anywhere near space (or will be even vaguely reusable) is bullshit

this is literally "please pay for my hobbyist rocket", although at least it's not as ridiculous as the "yeah we can totally build a slingshot that can put things into orbit" guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Yodzilla posted:

A QUARTER MILLION DOLLARS

hey don't worry he justifies every penny

im "fee's"

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
actually i'm the $43k slush fund that will probably help the guy move to portland

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
i'm the $58 for stickers

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
im the choice of 3 colors that look very similiar

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe
the orange area isnt labeled with a dollar value so that is 100% guaranteed to go "missing"

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
what kind of shipping costs go into a game that i assume they're putting up for download

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
its a typo, should be "making GBS threads"

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

TOOT BOOT posted:

I tried to lure Ian back like a month ago but all he did was come back and ask if anyone had any leads on jobs

hopefully proteus hooked him up and he's living a stat free happily medicated life

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Vicas posted:

actually i'm the $43k slush fund that will probably help the guy move to portland

also 43,613 is a suspiciously specific number

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Al! posted:

also 43,613 is a suspiciously specific number

Hmmmm...

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

look at this fully funded kickstarter game

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1997247042/gridiron-thunder-awesome-indie-football-game-for-o?ref=search

just

just look at it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

yeah we already discussed this while you were jerking off over your knife & fork usage

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Werthog 95 posted:

yeah we already discussed this while you were jerking off over your knife & fork usage

pretty sure it wasnt full funded then which is The Deal

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
$75k is not enough to make a video game. when ouya doubles it to $150k, that's still not anywhere near enough. AND it has to be ouya exclusive for 6 months, which means that they won't make any money at all on it.

nice

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Dr. Honked posted:

$75k is not enough to make a video game. when ouya doubles it to $150k, that's still not anywhere near enough. AND it has to be ouya exclusive for 6 months, which means that they won't make any money at all on it.

nice

otoh theyre going to poo poo out some unity powered piece of garbage and take the ouya money and run

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

is 150k even enough for an nfl/nflpa license

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Werthog 95 posted:

its actually infinite dollars because EA has an exclusive agreement with the NFL/NFLPA

i mean its expiring this year so im sure it wont be extended because the NFL will recognize the video game revolution being lead by ouya

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Werthog 95 posted:

even if it were legally possible loving lol no

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

otoh theyre going to poo poo out some unity powered piece of garbage and take the ouya money and run

doh i didn't think of that

ouya.tv posted:

IF I QUALIFY FOR THE MATCHING FUNDS, WHEN WILL I RECEIVE PAYMENT FROM OUYA?

Matching funds will be paid out as follows:
25% = When your Kickstarter campaign ends.
50% = When your game launches on OUYA.
25% = When the 6-month exclusive-to-OUYA period ends.

so they could just pocket the $78k plus another ~$20k from ouya and then just gently caress off... they don't even need to make a game at all. of course it's worth their while to poo poo out something that's barely playable and get the extra free cash

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

the numbers dont add up to the point where im pretty sure they themselves paid about $75k to their own kickstarter so it would be funded, so they could take the ouya money and just gently caress off

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
reminder that madden is the nfl's second largest source of licensing revenue after apparel

so ahahhaha

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

the numbers dont add up to the point where im pretty sure they themselves paid about $75k to their own kickstarter so it would be funded, so they could take the ouya money and just gently caress off

lol even the backers are onto this

quote:

Dear developers, it seems you are still around. Great! I'm still looking forward to your clarification regarding these big jumps in the pledged figures (now we re at 78,000$, strange...).

If you have nothing to hide, please explain us why mysterious backers donated 75.000$ for a kickstarter without applying for any reward. Could it be because OUYA will double that money?

Just know you are playing with fire here. If it's what you are doing here (and your silence so far seems to indicate you don't want to approach the subject matter with me), and if we share our suspicions with OUYA and they decide to not double your pledge, you'll be stuck with a 78.000$ funded kickstarter (only approx. 3.000$ of which is actually from real backers), and will have to pay 5% fees to kickstarter.

So 5% of 78.000$ is roughly 4k$. That means the backers money won't even cover your kickstarter fees (if OUYA doesn't double your pledge because somehow they find suspicious that backers pledge for 780$ on average).

So try to force the project to get funded by pumping more money at your own risk. Personally the more you ignore my questions, the more I'm going to share my suspicions with people here and at OUYA.

I'm still hoping it's all a misunderstanding and there a logical reason you pledged 75.000$ for your own project, so I'm looking forward your answer. Thank you in advance!

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

quote:

Lastly, regarding your question about licenses. First, our company started by supporting NFL players and other professional athletes with their social media activities. We have a lot of great relationships with NFL players and personalities and, as you might expect, a lot of license agreements in place with these personalities. We also have a license relationship with the NFLPA that goes back many years. Also, our CEO is an intellectual property lawyer who practiced in Silicon Valley for about 15 years. We have never had any intellectual property issues with anyone.

oh well that clears that up

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1LvysbK5-I

shipping this september

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
i'd rather play with fire than with ouya

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dr. Honked posted:

nice

next up, a kickstarter for the legal defense fund for when they get sued by that k-pop guy for stealing his sweet dance moves

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

those fuckin ragdolls

Dec 26, 2012

Vicas posted:

i'd rather play with fire than with ouya

use the ouya enough and you could be playing with both

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lol

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:

Werthog 95 posted:

that looks really familiar

i'm pretty sure that's a goon

yeah games forum mod shalinor is one of them i think and made that jones on fire runner game.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

A Sloth posted:

yeah games forum mod shalinor is one of them i think and made that jones on fire runner game.

scroll down like two posts plz

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Werthog 95 posted:

oh well that clears that up

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1LvysbK5-I

shipping this september

lol funny, posting a video from a rejected megadrive game as something that people think is acceptable in tyool 2013

that is what this is, right?

right?

(mind you with the likelihood of licensing the proper names being what it is i suppose having a game where the the texas rancheros play the louisiana cherubs and their top quarterback tom bebow will fit in with the early-90s knockoff vibe)

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

careful that is a mod and he will ban u!

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

goddamnedtwisto posted:

(mind you with the likelihood of licensing the proper names being what it is i suppose having a game where the the texas rancheros play the louisiana cherubs and their top quarterback tom bebow will fit in with the early-90s knockoff vibe)
no, they totally already have a license from the nfl to show news, scores, and stats

all licensed assets in game will simply be remote windows into selectively cropped news stories and press images

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
kickstarter: 0 for 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuduYiv5PMU

i'm done with that bullshit site

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
hey flyboi could you lend me a 20?

(im a piece of poo poo electronic gizmo btw)

Dec 26, 2012

flyboi posted:

lolllllll

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

flyboi posted:

lol if u

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
the kickstarter code : enter up up up up up up up up up up up up up up . . .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

must be the bitcoin price controller

up uP UP

• Locked thread