Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
Why is the iOS version so far behind the Facebook game?

Seems odd right?

Edit. Scratch this. iOS just updated with new stuff

Samara fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
The three-way boss battle with Ares is actually easier than fighting Ironside and Vapor in the mini-boss battle so you should be doing that anyway.

e: for more content

Is there any way to get more unstable ISO-8 or am I stuck with the charity of strangers and the luck of the daily wheel? I can't seem to get enough ISO to actually come near finishing spec ops.

Devo fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 26, 2013

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Devo posted:

The three-way boss battle with Ares is actually easier than fighting Ironside and Vapor in the mini-boss battle so you should be doing that anyway.

e: for more content

Is there any way to get more unstable ISO-8 or am I stuck with the charity of strangers and the luck of the daily wheel? I can't seem to get enough ISO to actually come near finishing spec ops.

Make sure you're in the goon group and you'll easily be able to get your 50 a day from gifts. With the starting 440 iso that should be enough to work through the tasks as long as you don't lose a load of battles.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Jagermonster posted:

Is this official? Or just something they have to fix? If this is the case, I'm never going to get enough to do this spec ops.

How is that possible? I usually finish spec ops well before the deadline, even with no additional UISOs. 50 a day from allies is more than enough.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

team overhead smash posted:

Make sure you're in the goon group and you'll easily be able to get your 50 a day from gifts. With the starting 440 iso that should be enough to work through the tasks as long as you don't lose a load of battles.

Is the goon group on Facebook? I'm playing on Playdom.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Devo posted:

Is the goon group on Facebook? I'm playing on Playdom.

On Playdom it's actually even easier. Just send friend requests to every single person in chat and regularly send all your friends Iso. They'll usually reciprocate, and by the time the Spec Op ends you'll be swimming in U-Iso you don't even need anymore. Outside of Spec Ops, do the same with energy, and you'll never have to look at your energy bar again.

Personally, I get a little mad whenever I get any U-Iso in the daily roulette past the first week.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah I have a ton of random friends, it's just that none of them seem to be sending ISO. Maybe I'll fish in chat a bit for some friends that will.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Devo posted:

Yeah I have a ton of random friends, it's just that none of them seem to be sending ISO. Maybe I'll fish in chat a bit for some friends that will.

If you need to make room (you can have 200 friends total), you can check the friends tab and see who has been on recently (and is thus likelier to gift you stuff). I usually remove whoever hasn't been on in two weeks.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Worst case there's always dummy accounts. I just put the game on my wife's facebook before I was in the group and sent everything from there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

team overhead smash posted:

Don't worry about doing an extra run through, you're going to need to three star it anyway for mission 24.

Otherwise, just make sure that all the minibosses are present so you can threebird it and get way more points. If it gets tough, use some items. Using a few Chrono Boosts or what have you can really turn the tide of a battle.

Its weird, I've done it enough to get 3 stars on it, but Ares always kills Herc right off the bad just using an normal attack. Its not like my Herc is not level 12 with strong ISOs, but Ares just takes him down in one hit. Turn around on that is that my agent and what ever blaster I took with me destroy Ares in the next 2 turns.

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!
I swear the PvP computer cheats. I had FF Spidey on my team and he was getting destroyed by all the Wolverines I was seeing. Seeing Wolvie so popular, I subbed in Hercules. In three days, I've only seen Wolvie once. Still winning most of the time though.

I just got the special weapon in the spin today. Is it any good?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

twistedmentat posted:

Its weird, I've done it enough to get 3 stars on it, but Ares always kills Herc right off the bad just using an normal attack. Its not like my Herc is not level 12 with strong ISOs, but Ares just takes him down in one hit. Turn around on that is that my agent and what ever blaster I took with me destroy Ares in the next 2 turns.

That's strange.

Anyway if you've already got it three-starred I'd say leave it for now. The "beat X with a score of XXXXXX" is an extra side-quest and isn't essential to getting Ares. If you do all four missions in that chain you'll just get 3 CP and one of the Spec Op Weapons but you'll be no nearer to getting Ares as a character.

Make sure you get the hero THEN come back and do these missions.

He's also always in the second wave, so if you're having this problem then just make sure you're prepared for him before you face him. Make sure that by the time the first round finishes you have a protector or a shield or something to make sure you're not going to get insta-killed (Any item or supply that grants Mirror Image, bringing Phoenix for her revive effect, a phased Kitty Pryde with Protect thrown on her, etc). I haven't experienced this myself, but if you know it's coming there should be no reason not to be fully prepared and specifically set-up so that a one hit ko is next to impossible.

Psychlone posted:

I just got the special weapon in the spin today. Is it any good?

We'll really have to wait to see the full set before we can say. I'm not bowled over so far.

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 27, 2013

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Does anyone know if the Avengers Initiative stuff is still unlocking Mockingbird and the Hulkbuster armour? I loaded that up over the weekend and got the achievements - but I haven't seen my Avengers Alliance account updated, though I can see the achievements in Marvel XP there.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Moreau posted:

Does anyone know if the Avengers Initiative stuff is still unlocking Mockingbird and the Hulkbuster armour? I loaded that up over the weekend and got the achievements - but I haven't seen my Avengers Alliance account updated, though I can see the achievements in Marvel XP there.

Oop, there ya go. Mockingbird and Mark V armor. Not a bad way to earn a million silver, 250 shield points and 25 CP, if anyone needs it.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Is there a way to gauge what weapons I should have at a given level, or good levels to farm weapons? My best weapon right now is a PEW Eradicator, seriously, and it seems like I'm seriously behind. When I go up against people in PVP, with similar PVP bonuses and similarly leveled heroes, I'm getting my poo poo kicked around by Aegis armors and golden weapons, while my agent struggles to put out 400 damage at level 80--if I'm fighting an enemy that can throw up a shield or heal as a reaction, forget about it.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

Is there a way to gauge what weapons I should have at a given level, or good levels to farm weapons? My best weapon right now is a PEW Eradicator, seriously, and it seems like I'm seriously behind. When I go up against people in PVP, with similar PVP bonuses and similarly leveled heroes, I'm getting my poo poo kicked around by Aegis armors and golden weapons, while my agent struggles to put out 400 damage at level 80--if I'm fighting an enemy that can throw up a shield or heal as a reaction, forget about it.

Epic bosses, premium mission or spec ops weapons are usually good no mater your level

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Halloween Jack posted:

At 80 you should be finishing up whatever chapter gives you the Golden Screaming Eagle. Also when it's not Spec Ops time always collect 50 small energy a day from gifts and use them to run epic/challenge weapons while leveling up your guys. Do research that leads to good weapons like the PEW Raze if you have Captain America, or the Tyrant Blade which is a very solid weapon. Also research all the ISOs which may seem like an impossible challenge but will pay off in spades when you are socketing your dudes. Macro silver all day erry day.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
They fixed allies not giving ISOs on visits finally. Should let me finish in a day or two.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Moreau posted:

Oop, there ya go. Mockingbird and Mark V armor. Not a bad way to earn a million silver, 250 shield points and 25 CP, if anyone needs it.

This is a really stupid question but; Avengers initiative is an iOS/Android game, right? So does the Marvel XP thing let me get Mockingbird/Mark V armour in the facebook version of Avengers Alliance, or is it only if I'm playing that on iOS as well?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Syrinxx posted:

At 80 you should be finishing up whatever chapter gives you the Golden Screaming Eagle. Also when it's not Spec Ops time always collect 50 small energy a day from gifts and use them to run epic/challenge weapons while leveling up your guys. Do research that leads to good weapons like the PEW Raze if you have Captain America, or the Tyrant Blade which is a very solid weapon. Also research all the ISOs which may seem like an impossible challenge but will pay off in spades when you are socketing your dudes. Macro silver all day erry day.
Thanks for the advice. Right now I'm playing 9-6 trying to get a Possessed Pistol or Rings of Balthakk. I didn't realize that you could actually research decent weapons; I thought it stopped short of the worst stuff you could buy with gold. I'm definitely researching Iso-8.

Is Leethax working for anybody? Are there other macros for silver?

I had a bit of an epiphany playing PVP today...why am I playing a game that isn't really a game (90% of it is your character and item loadout) that I absolutely hate, to win a Bishop, a character whose abilities are an overcomplicated headache? I'm an adult. I want to get married next year. Why would I waste hours raising my blood pressure in battles that are a foregone conclusion, playing against the same handful of overpowered characters over and over? I think I'm done with PVP for awhile.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

SiKboy posted:

This is a really stupid question but; Avengers initiative is an iOS/Android game, right? So does the Marvel XP thing let me get Mockingbird/Mark V armour in the facebook version of Avengers Alliance, or is it only if I'm playing that on iOS as well?

You get Mockingbird and the armour on facebook, its part of the Marvel XP thing which I'm pretty sure they've all but abandoned at this point.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

Thanks for the advice. Right now I'm playing 9-6 trying to get a Possessed Pistol or Rings of Balthakk. I didn't realize that you could actually research decent weapons; I thought it stopped short of the worst stuff you could buy with gold. I'm definitely researching Iso-8.

Is Leethax working for anybody? Are there other macros for silver?

I had a bit of an epiphany playing PVP today...why am I playing a game that isn't really a game (90% of it is your character and item loadout) that I absolutely hate, to win a Bishop, a character whose abilities are an overcomplicated headache? I'm an adult. I want to get married next year. Why would I waste hours raising my blood pressure in battles that are a foregone conclusion, playing against the same handful of overpowered characters over and over? I think I'm done with PVP for awhile.

I had the same epiphany a few PVPs back, after wasting enough time to get adamantium several times. Now I just play enough to get lockboxes if there are lockbox heroes to be had.

Speaking of which, got Elektra today, so no more PVP for me this season unless I feel like it for some reason.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Scarlet Witch just dodged Rescue's Status Reset move. How annoying.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
A setup I've run into that's been tough on defense against my team (Havok/OmegaTac Agent) has been P5 Tac Cyclops+Emma. Scott just destroys his brother.

edit: if he goes before I can exhaust him

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Bell_ posted:

A setup I've run into that's been tough on defense against my team (Havok/OmegaTac Agent) has been P5 Tac Cyclops+Emma. Scott just destroys his brother.

Mutant powers aren't supposed to work on siblings. Cyclops should only be doing damage when he uses his punching attack.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Mutant powers aren't supposed to work on siblings. Cyclops should only be doing damage when he uses his punching attack.

If I remember correctly, the first X-Men: Legends game ran with that premise and had a fight where you could only use Cyclops against Havok and their powers didn't work on each other- leaving them to use their extremely weak punch attacks against each other.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

MY IMMERSION :rolldice:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Sefer posted:

If I remember correctly, the first X-Men: Legends game ran with that premise and had a fight where you could only use Cyclops against Havok and their powers didn't work on each other- leaving them to use their extremely weak punch attacks against each other.

This should really be a heroic battle in Season 2, Chapter 2.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Have Elektra lockboxes shown up anywhere else yet? Just did the last mission and I'm still 3 covers short

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wow I hate having both IF white suits, I keep taking bruiser when I mean to take scrapper.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Opopanax posted:

Have Elektra lockboxes shown up anywhere else yet? Just did the last mission and I'm still 3 covers short

You can get up to 5 a day by winning PvP battles.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

JohnnyCanuck posted:

You can get up to 5 a day by winning PvP battles.

Oh yeah, duh

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Opopanax posted:

Oh yeah, duh

Also, after you win 5 PvP battles, you get a roulette where you can win 5 MORE PVP BATTLES

Don't be distracted by the other options, like gold or more lockboxes. They're just decoys. You'll feel much better when you win the grand prize!

Which, as you remember, is 5 MORE PVP BATTLES

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Okay, the Herc dialog in spec ops is the best thing, and so is Spiderman and Emma Frost talking to each other.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Also, after you win 5 PvP battles, you get a roulette where you can win 5 MORE PVP BATTLES

Don't be distracted by the other options, like gold or more lockboxes. They're just decoys. You'll feel much better when you win the grand prize!

Which, as you remember, is 5 MORE PVP BATTLES

It's kind of like being beaten up, left laying on the ground, then the guys who beat you up all pee on you.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 28, 2013

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Okay, the Herc dialog in spec ops is the best thing, and so is Spiderman and Emma Frost talking to each other.

It's kind of like being beaten up, left laying on the ground, then the guys who beat you up all pee on you.

No, it's like they beat you up, pee on you, and leave you with a voucher for five free sessions of being beaten-up and peed on.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

No, it's like they beat you up, pee on you, and leave you with a voucher for five free sessions of being beaten-up and peed on.

That's probably better.

Speaking of that. You'd think a team of nothing but blasters would be defeated by Mk42 and IP both tact, nope. Not when Cyclops does his extra turn thing after every single time IP uses his minigun.

You know, loving protect abilities should never been 100%. There's nothing like getting a team down to barely any health, suddenly the AI remembers it has a sinister sceptor on its agent, uses it and then they proceed to destroy you because you don't have magik on your team, and the astral agent protects against every attack.

I've been trying to get a single win for nearly an a hour and a half.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Aug 28, 2013

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

You know, loving protect abilities should never been 100%. There's nothing like getting a team down to barely any health, suddenly the AI remembers it has a sinister sceptor on its agent, uses it and then they proceed to destroy you because you don't have magik on your team, and the astral agent protects against every attack.

When you're dealing with a protecting astral agent/kitty, you can either use things that hit phased or you can ignore the protector and use area attacks or attacks that ignore phased. Magik is hardly the only option.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Sefer posted:

When you're dealing with a protecting astral agent/kitty, you can either use things that hit phased or you can ignore the protector and use area attacks or attacks that ignore phased. Magik is hardly the only option.

The only other thing that ignores phased I have is the phoenix pinion, and its power level is so low its not even worth bothering with. I can take Emma, but every single team is made up Rescue, a protect agent and another protector, mostly omega. It becomes just random who you can hit, and mental trauma is too weak to deal with the other team. I gave Emma nothing but chaotic attack isos, but its still piddly little damage.

As for other attack all options, Rescue can protect against every attack.

The only way I've been able to win in these situations is if the turn order favors me, or something happens like the AI does something dumb like use sinister sceptor, gets phased, then for some reason has an extra turn, and attacks again, killing its phased. The only really effective anti-rescue thing i've found is Mk42, and thats only if I can get unibeam in before Rescue goes.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Aug 28, 2013

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

The only other thing that ignores phased I have is the phoenix pinion, and its power level is so low its not even worth bothering with. I can take Emma, but every single team is made up Rescue, a protect agent and another protector, mostly omega. It becomes just random who you can hit, and mental trauma is too weak to deal with the other team. I gave Emma nothing but chaotic attack isos, but its still piddly little damage.

As for other attack all options, Rescue can protect against every attack.

The only way I've been able to win in these situations is if the turn order favors me, or something happens like the AI does something dumb like use sinister sceptor, gets phased, then for some reason has an extra turn, and attacks again, killing its phased. The only really effective anti-rescue thing i've found is Mk42, and thats only if I can get unibeam in before Rescue goes.

Do you have Omega Sentinel yourself? She destroys Rescue pretty easily. The Bologna scroll or soulfire can also get rid of her protect all thing, but your complaint about phased protectors doesn't really apply to any characters that can protect from AoE. I generally have the scroll (and usually and AoE) on my Agent, Omega Sentinel, and a character with at least one attack that ignores protect (Phoenix, Ghost Rider, Black Widow are all good choices, and Elektra looks like she will be when she's leveled too) and I don't generally have issues with protect characters.

When two people are protecting at once, you can actually pick which one to attack; if A and B are both protecting and you target A, you'll end up attacking B. Having multiple protectors on a team can actually make the protection less useful rather than more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Sefer posted:

Do you have Omega Sentinel yourself? She destroys Rescue pretty easily. The Bologna scroll or soulfire can also get rid of her protect all thing, but your complaint about phased protectors doesn't really apply to any characters that can protect from AoE. I generally have the scroll (and usually and AoE) on my Agent, Omega Sentinel, and a character with at least one attack that ignores protect (Phoenix, Ghost Rider, Black Widow are all good choices, and Elektra looks like she will be when she's leveled too) and I don't generally have issues with protect characters.

When two people are protecting at once, you can actually pick which one to attack; if A and B are both protecting and you target A, you'll end up attacking B. Having multiple protectors on a team can actually make the protection less useful rather than more.

Yea, the 2 protect ones aren't too bad, its the 3 protect ones that you have no ability to control unless you are stealthy or something else. I see those a lot, and by a lot, every single team for the past hour. Its gotten to the point when I see them, i just reload because gently caress spending 25 minutes in combat against that.

I'll have to try some of those other characters, but did they fix Widow's always attack back grey suit ability? last time I heard it was still broken.

• Locked thread