Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Giada was hoping to GOD he'd pull some fantastic answer out of his rear end so they could swing the vote in his favour at the last second. It was funny watching poo poo like Wikipedia accidentally announce too early that Rodney had actually won, since I think everyone watching the show saw that coming.

Like was that the gimmick this year? Trying to set up this weird Force of Nature antagonist who would just blunder his way to the top oafishly so we'd all have someone to root against? Man it was so weird, like I can see Russell lose to Damaris, but I sure as hell can't see Russell lose to Rodney. Like he actually hurt the show overall, it was so weird watching him get that far, and I want to hear the story behind it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Just got around to watching the finale. Danushka totally deserves her own show and the clips of Alton trolling Giada were pretty great. I can't believe she kept up her "spigiti" crusade after Alton first shot it down.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Well, Deen's racism lawsuit got tossed out;
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/08/12/race-based-claims-thrown-out-in-discrimination-lawsuit-against-paula-deen/

The ruling lets stand Jackson's claims that Hiers sexually harassed her when she worked at the restaurant from 2005 to 2010. However, the judge said he was reserving the chance to rule on requests from Deen's lawyers to dismiss other claims in the lawsuit.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

dude789 posted:

Just got around to watching the finale. Danushka totally deserves her own show and the clips of Alton trolling Giada were pretty great. I can't believe she kept up her "spigiti" crusade after Alton first shot it down.

His alternative pronunciation was wonderful and I was laughing for a couple of minutes at it. He's great at trolling her in general. Hilarious stuff.

Rodney losing means I don't have to swear off FN. :argh: Even worse, the damned Food Truck show starts next week. :( I saw the light at the end of the tunnel.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

ToastyPotato posted:

Even worse, the damned Food Truck show starts next week. :( I saw the light at the end of the tunnel.

Tyler's Ultimate is a great show that I enjoy watching but he is a terrible host. Like the only worse host I can think of is the guy who does Crave.

Grats Damaris, hope "Eat Prey Love" or whatever gets more airings than poor Justin ever got

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012
Oh thank god Rodney didn't win. I only watched one episode of that series and I loving hated Rodney. Didn't he un-ironically say swag at one point?

Anyway, good luck to that chick and her show that will be added to the piles of shows FN seems to introduce every week.

Sex Beef 2.0 fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Aug 13, 2013

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Rei_ posted:

PIE STYLE WILL NEVER DIE

*drives a van full of C4 into a bakery*

Pie style is a mentally strong style.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Danushka is on Chopped right now and I'm almost positive she's doing the rounds on FN trolling as many shows as she can.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Rei_ posted:

Danushka is on Chopped right now and I'm almost positive she's doing the rounds on FN trolling as many shows as she can.

On a new episode? Wasn't she on Chopped already? Or is this some kind of redemption episode?

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
It looks like there's going to be another Rachel Vs Guy Disaster to look forward to in about a month. They just had an ad for Rachel vs. Guy Kid's Cook Off or whatever during Cutthroat Kitchen.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

dude789 posted:

It looks like there's going to be another Rachel Vs Guy Disaster to look forward to in about a month. They just had an ad for Rachel vs. Guy Kid's Cook Off or whatever during Cutthroat Kitchen.

Haha yeah, Guy says something like "we'll give them a challenge and an hour to cook it!" and all the girls dressed as Rachel go "WE ONLY NEED THIRTY MINUTES!!!"

Well yeah because your macaroni and cheese comes from a box.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
The challenges on this show are the best. In the first round one girl had to cook while using tin foil instead pans and utensils. Then in the second round one of the guys had to make mac and cheese with cheetos and doritos instead of cheese.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

dude789 posted:

If it's the same ad that I saw, the fact that they dressed two groups of kids as miniature versions of Rachel Ray and Guy Fieri makes me die a lot inside.

Edit: Here's the ad you probably saw. The one I saw seemed shorter, but I think the sight of kids dressed up as Guy Fieri made my brain shut down for a few seconds.

Obeast fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 19, 2013

Dogdoo 8
Sep 22, 2011

dude789 posted:

The challenges on this show are the best. In the first round one girl had to cook while using tin foil instead pans and utensils. Then in the second round one of the guys had to make mac and cheese with cheetos and doritos instead of cheese.

At that point I'd probably just put the cheetos on a plate as is.

I'm not sure what they did but I think the "best" solution would be to smash them a bit, deep fry them and pretend they were croquettes.

Dogdoo 8 fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Aug 19, 2013

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

dude789 posted:

I really want to see the episode when somebody just says "alright gently caress this poo poo I'm out"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

dude789 posted:

I'm finally watching this one now. I really do enjoy this show so far. Alton Brown has some of the best troll faces.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Dale Talde is on Iron Chef America tomorrow. :woop:

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
I am not a fan so far of Cutthroat Kitchen, but I will watch it anyways. I can't quite put my finger on why I am not liking it, but there is something.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The excessively fake and hammed up personalities?

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Doomsday Jesus posted:

I am not a fan so far of Cutthroat Kitchen, but I will watch it anyways. I can't quite put my finger on why I am not liking it, but there is something.

For me, the most irksome thing is that the food is playing second fiddle to the shenanigans. It's less of a cooking show and more like a culinary obstacle course and what's coming out on the other side is unimpressive. I don't mind it but I also really like Evil Alton. Plus it's miles ahead of NFNS and Rachael v Guy whatever.

Duro posted:

The excessively fake and hammed up personalities?

Literally every person on every show on FN has an exaggerated personality so if that's the problem I don't know what to tell you.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Cutthroat Kitchen strikes me as a show that tries to make everyone that guy on Chopped that you hate and really hope will get Chopped but who lasts at least one round longer than they should because they know that makes good TV. My problem is I actually do hate that person and don't get as much satisfaction out of them getting Chopped as a I do just not watching them.

Edit: Case in point, of the four chefs in this episode one insisted people think she's too much of a pretty diva to be a chef, one calls himself DJ Chef and another referred to himself as "an assassin".

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 26, 2013

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Hahaha this group of contestants have no sense of control with their cash. I'm waiting for the winner to go home with a grand total winnings of $45.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Why are they adding another fake as hell hidden camera show? Are these really that popular? This one barely even has anything to do with food.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

axleblaze posted:

Why are they adding another fake as hell hidden camera show? Are these really that popular? This one barely even has anything to do with food.

Food Network: Food Shows

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, why am I watching this show? I hate all these chefs yet there's no way for them to all lose.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
They showed a preview of Rachel vs Guy's kid cookoff and some of the food they showed actually looked pretty good. Then I remembered some story about a 13 year old or something cooking world class food. Now I just want to see the kids embarrass Rachel and Guy by blowing their food out of the water. It's not like it's that difficult to outcook them.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

If you're watching this Cutthroat Kitchen thing and you're rooting for anything other than triumphant DJ Chef victory I'm not sure if reality TV is your "thing"

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
See, I kind of want DJ Chef to just die. Like if he loses I won't be happy because that means one of these other assholes will win and he gets smug over winning $100, I'll hate him even more so having him suddenly die would be the best solution.

Edit: seriously I hate this man.

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 26, 2013

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

They need to sort out the fact that in the two episodes I've seen so far, people are getting away with not even remotely making what Alton tells them to.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
These two have less money combined at the start of the third round than the winner's take home winnings last week.

Also "Plant-ins" Really?!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Both their "crab cakes" look absolutely awful. It'll be funny is DJ Chef loses, not because of the bad Crab hi inflicted on himself, but because his salsa has pineapple, which the judge said he usually doesn't like.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

I bet he's somehow neither a DJ nor a chef.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
See, if I was on cutthroat kitchen, I'd just not spend a dime and let them sabotage me. I'd then try to cook my rear end off and hope I managed to win the full prize

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

I love how almost every losing RTV contestant will say something like "You haven't seen the last of me" or "This isn't the end, it's just the beginning."

Bro, if your story begins with losing to "DJ Chef" on "Cutthroat Kitchen," I have no interest in seeing it play out to its conclusion. Sorry.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
DJ Chef won. gently caress this show. Not watching again.

Duro posted:

See, if I was on cutthroat kitchen, I'd just not spend a dime and let them sabotage me. I'd then try to cook my rear end off and hope I managed to win the full prize

That one guy basically did that (mainly by losing the bidding over and over and having the other two gang up on him). He was obviously the best chef too.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I wonder if they sign an agreement saying that you can't plan with the other contestants that nobody bids on anything.

Also, Cutthroat Kitchen is everything awesome about Chopped without any of the stupid attempted class or professionalism.

Also Alton being sassy.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Why is it that Food Network seemingly gets a major hard on for having contestants from previous shows be on new seasons of challenge shows?

Das, a boring and forgettable contestant on NFNS, is now on The Great Food Truck Race. His truck is all about sliders! How original!

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

I got about 15 minutes into an episode of Cutthroat Kitchen and just couldn't take it. Alton was great, but the contestants just made it completely unbearable with their caustic kitchen chatter.

"How are those apple sours, chef?"
"Thanks for the tinfoil, chef."
"That pot looks nice, chef."

I know, I GET IT. Kitchen etiquette is to address a real chef by that title since they earned it, and it's supposedly really insulting to say it at the end of a sentence ironically. Just shut the gently caress up and cook something! I came to watch you be creative with the poo poo you got dealt, not be catty bitches to each other.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

When the one female chef said, "I want to win the title!" I cringed. No one gives a poo poo about the title, it is about the cash. Spend it wisely, and walk away with more than you would on chopped, plus you get a lovely title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Chopped would be so much more fun if they didn't make the contestants use garbage ingredients. I get the point, but I really don't want to watch people cook with expired pork and frosted flakes a dog peed on.

• Locked thread