Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Anyone interested in Revoltech Iron Man figures? I have the Mk. III and Mk. VI armours as well as War Machine. Opened but put on display only. Barely touched and comes with all accessories (not pictured).

Shipping from Japan, if that's a deal breaker for anyone.

X13Fen fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Aug 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jet Ready Go posted:

Made a couple of customizations to my movie Superman toy...

I removed the original plastic cape, added some thin sheets of metal to his shoulders, cut a cloth cape and attached magnets to it.. BAM.. Superman with removable cape.

The only way that cape could be more Super Powers is if it clipped on around the neck, good job.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
Wave 2 of the SW 6" Black Series is up for preorder at Amazon. (Fett, ANH Han, Greedo and Slave Leia)

Preorders for Fett are increasingly hard to get right now, as BBTS has already sold out of their preorders, so Amazon's preorders might go quickly too. The only way to preorder single packed Fett from BBTS was to preorder the whole $90 case.

So... if you think you might want him or any of the others you might want to jump on the Amazon preorders while they're up.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

ShimSham posted:

Wave 2 of the SW 6" Black Series is up for preorder at Amazon. (Fett, ANH Han, Greedo and Slave Leia)

Preorders for Fett are increasingly hard to get right now, as BBTS has already sold out of their preorders, so Amazon's preorders might go quickly too. The only way to preorder single packed Fett from BBTS was to preorder the whole $90 case.

So... if you think you might want him or any of the others you might want to jump on the Amazon preorders while they're up.

Any links? Because I'm only finding Wave 1 when I search for SW Black.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

The Rage posted:

Any links? Because I'm only finding Wave 1 when I search for SW Black.

Han - http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Series-Figure-Inches/dp/B00CFELV16/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377561384&sr=8-1&keywords=black+series+han+solo
Boba Fett - http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Series-Figure-Inches/dp/B00CFELUXU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1377561397&sr=8-3&keywords=black+series+boba+fett
Leia - http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Ser...s+princess+leia
Greedo - http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Series-Greedo-Figure/dp/B00CFELWPQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377561390&sr=8-1&keywords=black+series+greedo

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Thanks! Nabbed Boba.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 6, 2014

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

drat, I can see why these things are flying off the shelves.

Yeah that face is horrible. Maul and Luke are nowhere near that bad.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Thanks for the links. Went ahead and ordered 2 Bobas. I have a feeling they are gonna be impossible to find at retail.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

The Rage posted:

Yeah that face is horrible. Maul and Luke are nowhere near that bad.

I am genuinely amazed that they put it into production thinking that expression was a good idea.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

God drat.

I already pre-ordered a Back to the Future Lego set, and a MOTUC Batros figure. I really don't need to drop $20-ish on a Greedo figure, but goddamn, that's a well done figure.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

How did they get everyone else so right and Leia so wrong. So very very wrong.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Maybe they're going for the authentic "just blasted a huge line of coke" look?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Dammit they already raised the price to $22 for the next wave.

:(

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Han doesn't have the lip problem or eye brow problem that Leia has. His hair also goes all the way to the scalp whereas sometimes Leia's does and sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it goes beyond the root. I could go on about the paint but on the whole, Leia is a huge step back for the line from the others.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Hasbro has come a huge way with the Legends line, it's a shame to see them skimp on quality control for the Black series. They have great potential.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

boom boom boom posted:

I wouldn't exactly call Han "so right"

He's got the same face thing as Leia and I don't even know what's up with his crotch. I'm assuming whoever posed him for the promo picture didn't bother smooshing the gun into his hand all the way and that's not actually the best he can hold it.

The "crotch" is just a storm trooper belt that they put on incorrectly in the photo. Those dangly panels should be on the side:

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
The SW Black Series reminds me of the Movie Masters line we've seen for movies like the Nolan Bat trilogy. They're 6" scale and made for adults, and the detail is usually there in the costume but the face sculpts have been lacking all traces of character.

That's my only big complaint about the Black series is the facial sculpts of humans. You don't know it much in Maul because of his tattoo-face, but Luke, Leia and Han all have a blankness to them. You don't see Hamill, Fisher or Ford in them at all.

I think they're overall good, but overpriced for $20, given that (IMO) major flaw. But I love Star Wars and the characters themselves push me to pay the $20 price point.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

boom boom boom posted:

I meant the tops of the thighs.

Ah, gotcha.

Well, I assume that this is another case of the person who posed them for the photo being a doofus. Assuming the Han figure matches the articulation on Luke, he'll have a thigh twist AND a boot-top twist. If you move the entire leg at the thigh to make the feet point out properly (as in the Han photo), then yeah, that looks kind of silly.

[EDIT] Have I mentioned that you jerks convinced me to buy a couple of these figures because gently caress you and also they are awesome?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Show me a good 6" face sculpt that captures the character. The Han Solo looks perfectly fine for what you're paying for. Not even NECA's 12" line at around $60+ does it well.

I don't mean to take a high horse but if you want poo poo like:

instead of

Otherwise those figures look great and in person they are pretty cool - lots of care went into them. I was tempted to pick a couple up but trying to save a bit.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

In the other hand look at NECA's Dutch that has a just about perfect likeness at 7" scale for less than a Star Wars Black/Mattel Movie Masters figure.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Well the biggest problem in American mass produced stuff is lack of paint. Look at the stuff Raybot on the Fwoosh has done with paint will blow you away, most of the time on sculpts that were previously said to be awful.

The pictures of the Star Wars stuff I have seen look to have pretty good sculpts but lack detailed paint apps, which is has been the tale with most stuff from both Hasbro and Mattel in the last several years. Like I said before they are going to have to step up their game soon or lower prices drastically to continue to compete in the current collector markets as the Japanese market is killing them on quality and the niche players like NECA are beating them on value.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm just really not excited about the 6" Black line, to be honest. I have a ton of 3.75" Star Wars figures and like them a lot, and the only 6" figure I'm almost tempted to buy is Boba Fett and that's just because he's my favorite SW movie character. $20+ for a 6" figure is a huge stretch, though. Well, unless we're talking something like Revoltech or Play Arts Kai quality, and we're not.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I am a man who likes other men, so I feel qualified to say that, holy poo poo, that's gay.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm moving into my new house in about a week and a half, what are the goon-recommended shelves/cases/whatever for action figures and statues and poo poo?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

I'm moving into my new house in about a week and a half, what are the goon-recommended shelves/cases/whatever for action figures and statues and poo poo?

Altra Bookcase - I have a larger version of this, it's great for books, figures, etc.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ikea Detolfs. I have 4 and will be snagging a 5th at the end of September.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Rhyno posted:

I'm really going to need to grab a few of these next time I'm in a town that has an ikea store.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Rhyno posted:

This is honestly the only answer. They're cheap, made of real glass and have an easy expansion for plug in lights.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10011055/

Seriously, it's the only way to display figures.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Wood shelves. Some of us don't want our collections on things made of absurdly heavy, easily scratched rock that shatters into lots of knives. :colbert:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

No Your Other Left posted:

Wood shelves. Some of us don't want our collections on things made of absurdly heavy, easily scratched rock that shatters into lots of knives. :colbert:

That's where I'm at. The Detolfs would be ideal for displaying a super valuable piece that you mortgaged your home for, but for bulk display/storage, cubbies and bookcases are best.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

No Your Other Left posted:

Do you stumble around drunk all the time or something?

DETOLFS FOR LIFE YO

Edit: Absurdly heavy? I can pick each one up with little effort. Are you also a great big child or something?

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 29, 2013

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Rhyno posted:

Do you stumble around drunk all the time or something?

DETOLFS FOR LIFE YO

Agreed. The glass is tempered, so it's actually quite hard to break/crack/scratch. We moved cross-country with a bunch of them and they all made the trip just fine. As long as you're not storing bowling balls or dumbbells or something, I can't imagine they'd ever break under normal use.

The main reason I like them is they keep stuff from getting gross and dusty.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Look at all the Americans and their room for display cases. :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Look at all the Americans and their room for display cases. :(

Suck it up English. Someday you'll have more than 3 square feet to live in.

(that is where you're from right?)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I used the Ikea Expedit shelves - bit of a bitch to put together towards the end but they are sturdy as gently caress. Also huge. I wanted to get Detolfs for the sides of my TV but ran out of space on that side. Future project to get em tho.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Suck it up English. Someday you'll have more than 3 square feet to live in.

(that is where you're from right?)

Indeed. Would you like a jelly baby?