Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squirrelo
Mar 3, 2008

goodness posted:

It says to use Optifine for 1.5.1 but Tekkit is on 1.5.2 now. Should I get the Optifine for 1.5.2?

Packs aren't dependent on optifine version, just minecraft version, so it will work with either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liandar
Feb 2, 2011

Serf posted:

This is what I'm talking about. Maybe I'm an idiot and not understanding you, but it seems like no matter what I do, I can't get the covers to stay within the boundaries of a normal block. I can place them against a RedNet cable, but they stick out where I do and it is very noticeable. Switching the modes of the cable seems to have no effect on this.

Go to your immibis microblocks config file and replace minefactoryreloaded lines with these:

blockClass: powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.block.BlockRedNetCable

tileEntityClass: powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.tile.rednet.TileEntityRedNetCable

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Today's episode from Direwolf20 continues with more IC2 stuff. Nothing too major, but there's a few head scratchers there. Most importantly, you'll want to listen to Soaryn at around the 19 minute mark.

IC2 Cells do not have a recipe, and will not until Xycraft is in. I think he mentions released, but I can't quite hear him and it's probable that he doesn't mean finished even if he did. Cells are of course used for Geothermal Generators (Which are now slightly nerfed by outputting 12000 EU instead of 20000 EU per bucket of lava, at the same rate of 20 EU/t though.) so those are uncraftable unless you cheat in Cells. The reasoning Soaryn gave for this makes some twisted sense, but it's still completely ridiculous.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Serf posted:

This is what I'm talking about. Maybe I'm an idiot and not understanding you, but it seems like no matter what I do, I can't get the covers to stay within the boundaries of a normal block. I can place them against a RedNet cable, but they stick out where I do and it is very noticeable. Switching the modes of the cable seems to have no effect on this.

Which microblocks are you using, the ones from Immibis or the ones from Forge Multipart? The Immibis ones should work, the Multipart ones don't.

If you used the saw crafted like this, it was from Immibis,

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Onean posted:

Today's episode from Direwolf20 continues with more IC2 stuff. Nothing too major, but there's a few head scratchers there. Most importantly, you'll want to listen to Soaryn at around the 19 minute mark.

IC2 Cells do not have a recipe, and will not until Xycraft is in. I think he mentions released, but I can't quite hear him and it's probable that he doesn't mean finished even if he did. Cells are of course used for Geothermal Generators (Which are now slightly nerfed by outputting 12000 EU instead of 20000 EU per bucket of lava, at the same rate of 20 EU/t though.) so those are uncraftable unless you cheat in Cells. The reasoning Soaryn gave for this makes some twisted sense, but it's still completely ridiculous.

Is there even a mod worth upgrading to 1.6 for yet?

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

Rutibex posted:

Is there even a mod worth upgrading to 1.6 for yet?

I've been fiddling with my own 1.6 setup with a bunch of mods, and...not really. Pretty much most of the mods are just the same as they were in 1.5 but updated to work with 1.6. Maybe a handful of new biomes in Biomes O' Plenty, a few tweaks and fixes here and there, but nothing significant. I think Thaumcraft is supposed to have significant changes for its 1.6 release, but it's not out yet.

The IC2 situation is kind of a pain right now because half the mods have updated to the experimental IC2 API, and the rest haven't, so I can't update a bunch of mods (mainly UE stuff) until everyone's switched over. Yeah, IC2 isn't as essential anymore, but it's familiar and TE hasn't been updated yet.

Serf
May 5, 2011

m2pt5 posted:

Which microblocks are you using, the ones from Immibis or the ones from Forge Multipart? The Immibis ones should work, the Multipart ones don't.

If you used the saw crafted like this, it was from Immibis,

This was exactly my problem. I was using Microblocks. Thanks for that, I was sitting around scratching my head for so long. Now my drawbridge-doors work perfectly!

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
I am coming back to minecraft after not playing it for a long time, where should I start? The only mod I have used in the past was the golden helmet to prevent drowning/burning.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Demon_Corsair posted:

I am coming back to minecraft after not playing it for a long time, where should I start? The only mod I have used in the past was the golden helmet to prevent drowning/burning.

http://www.technicpack.net/download

Here you go, download and pick either: Tekkit (Technology + ambitious building projects) or Hexxit (Adventure + Magic)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Demon_Corsair posted:

We've moved way beyond the Golden Helmet :v: This should get you off to a good start:
http://www.technicpack.net/download

^^^^drat You :argh:

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Halibut Barn posted:

.. I think Thaumcraft is supposed to have significant changes for its 1.6 release, but it's not out yet.
There are enough changes in Thaumcraft for 1.6.x that he's considering calling it 4.0. As it is new world generation will be required.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Since we're asking simple questions: How difficult is making your own modpack? I kind of want to make something like the omp-a-beta, but removing extra biomes and mo creatures and putting in hexxit's mining configuration, enchanting, and project zulu creatures. And waila. Why doesn't EVERY modpack have waila? I also miight also want to put clay soldiers into toast, it would give me a reason to actually build large factories and power plants and stuff (to play god with tiny clay people). But of I dump all the mods into some folder or something I won't know what to do if it doesn't work.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
I used to do everything by hand, but since trying out MultiMC I'm a convert - much, much more so than magic launcher I find.

It's super easy to put a pack together with that. One click install of forge, easy merging of mods with the .jar (click add, pick binary, done). Simple installation of rest of mods and coremods - again, add button, done. Simple to keep track of multiple packs.

Try using a tool like that and save yourself a big headache with mucking about with zips.

As far as configuration goes, put a few mods in and you will hit ID problems. Easy enough to sort out - you've got big noisy fails that make the game crash on load (read the debug info in the forge log 0 file and change the config of the complaining mod) and quiet failures that overwrite and don't tell you about it (ctrl-f for 'CONFLICT' in forge log 0 again, fix the offender). It's not hard to resolve, just look for conflicts and overwrites and you're mainly good to go.

Last step is really to remove irritating duplicate world generation of ores. Pick a mod with extra ores (I like to base off of Thermal Expansion as it has it's own nifty world gen options) and then kill those ores in other mods, for example ditching copper and tin and the like from Tinker's Construct, or drat near everything from IC2 if you really must install it.

Be prepared to start and restart and start some more until every niggle is nobbled.

Mods like ID conflict can help a bit, but really if you can coax it to start, using Not Enough Item's handy dandy ID dump feature (whole map for preference) can help you work out where later mods can be installed. Update your ID map every few runs while testing and you can't go far wrong.

Oh, and I don't know if it's changed, but if you install that Pam crop thing, be prepared to spend the rest of your days updating ID's.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Moogle posted:

Oh, and I don't know if it's changed, but if you install that Pam crop thing, be prepared to spend the rest of your days updating ID's.

My loving GOD, is this part ever irritating. I acceded to including the Pam's mods once in a private modpack, and jesus loving christ it was painful. Never again.

Squirrelo
Mar 3, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

My loving GOD, is this part ever irritating. I acceded to including the Pam's mods once in a private modpack, and jesus loving christ it was painful. Never again.
Growthcraft is a hell of a lot more fun anyway.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Glory of Arioch posted:

The trick to mods with lots of IDs to change around is clever use of search/replace. For example if you have 100 items that look like so
code:
moditem=7604
moditem=7605
moditem=7606
moditem=7607
etc
Look through your ID map dump and find a big chunk of free IDs (lets say the entire 4300 range is free) all you have to do is find/replace "=76" with "=43" and all the IDs will change automatically. You need to check it over afterwards as some times this might change other settings unintentionally.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Man, are there still no good auto-id programs for Minecraft mods? :sigh:

e:
VVVVVVVVVVVVV
Ooh, thanks. I'll probably get some use out of that when I finally get back into Minecraft. (I'm waiting for Thaumcraft to update)

dijon du jour fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 27, 2013

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dijon du jour posted:

Man, are there still no good auto-id programs for Minecraft mods? :sigh:

There actually are a few. The problem is there is no way to ensure the resolver will assign the same IDs to every client; so it makes multiplayer a lot more difficult. It works fine if you just want to play alone:

http://www.minecraftdl.com/id-resolver-mod/

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.

Rutibex posted:

There actually are a few. The problem is there is no way to ensure the resolver will assign the same IDs to every client; so it makes multiplayer a lot more difficult. It works fine if you just want to play alone:

http://www.minecraftdl.com/id-resolver-mod/

It works sometimes.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Uggg, Vib Rib your friend's pack has spoiled me, I cannot go back to packs with the old Tinkers Construct build without hammers, as well as the current build of Artifice.

Good thing I just remembered Toast exists :getin:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

axelsoar posted:

Uggg, Vib Rib your friend's pack has spoiled me, I cannot go back to packs with the old Tinkers Construct build without hammers, as well as the current build of Artifice.

Good thing I just remembered Toast exists :getin:
Wait, which pack are we talking about here?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Vib Rib posted:

Wait, which pack are we talking about here?
Please excuse me, I am retarded and confused you with Abe Froman. 60 hour work weeks and whatnot.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
A video just went up showing off a little more on Thaumcraft's new research system will work. I'm quite liking it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fCS_KNAzsw

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Onean posted:

A video just went up showing off a little more on Thaumcraft's new research system will work. I'm quite liking it!

On the one hand it looks like it resolves one of my biggest complaints about Thaumcraft's current research system, which is that it's a gigantic resource sink. I know these are early-stage theories, but hopefully even later ones will keep up with this precedent of low node count and thus require very few items to actually be dumped in. Since so much more of Thaumcraft essence is now going into mana and creation, it has a use outside of research and so the focus can be shifted.

That said, it's still way too much trial and error, and it doesn't in any way resolve the problem of being a tedious chore once you've completed it the first time. I don't mind teching up AE, TE, or MFR. But that research system doesn't look anything more like something I'd want to do twice.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
Can Redstone Energy Conduits (and preferably also bc pipes) be hidden or camouflaged in any way? I'm planning on rebuilding an old, cluttered base to make it bigger and less cluttered, and I don't want pipes and power cables sticking out everywhere.

I'm also planning on doing some stuff with pistons. Can they move other pistons around, and can they be powered by anything other than redstone? Like for example the same Redstone Energy Conduits?

Robhol
Oct 9, 2012
You can hide conduits and pipes with Immibis microblocks. Use a handsaw to cut down blocks into covers then put them on the pipes.

Redstone energy conduits are for conducting power, not redstone signals, so they won't activate a piston. Use MFR's Rednet cables for that sort of thing.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs

Robhol posted:

You can hide conduits and pipes with Immibis microblocks. Use a handsaw to cut down blocks into covers then put them on the pipes.

Redstone energy conduits are for conducting power, not redstone signals, so they won't activate a piston. Use MFR's Rednet cables for that sort of thing.

Will they fit in the same block space the pipes and conduits are occupying? Or will they do the slab thing and force an empty space between them and whatever is placed next to/on top of them?
e: MCBs, that is :)

Nastyman fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Aug 28, 2013

American Dad
Mar 28, 2004

Nastyman posted:

Will they fit in the same block space the pipes and conduits are occupying? Or will they do the slab thing and force an empty space between them and whatever is placed next to/on top of them?
If your configs are set up right they occupy the same space. BC pipes have a built in cover system, called facades (doesn't work with TE conduits/liquiducts but does work with AE). You have to make them on an assembly table though. Oh and there is also forge multipart which you might not have.

Yes pistons can move other pistons.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Vib Rib posted:

That said, it's still way too much trial and error, and it doesn't in any way resolve the problem of being a tedious chore once you've completed it the first time. I don't mind teching up AE, TE, or MFR. But that research system doesn't look anything more like something I'd want to do twice.

It depends on how random it is. It immediately tells you what thing you're researching, so there's no guesswork there. Presumably, every research will have to same requirements so after your first time you will, aided by a wiki or such if needed, know what's needed to light up the symbols. After that it's just a matter of moving the symbol to the correct place and then you're done. If the page for a research looks the same every time then you can skip the identify step and move the symbol as needed. If the symbols for the elements remain the same, then you can also skip the identify step as well since it looks like there's only one Fire and one Magic symbol on that page, you just have to play Where's The Symbol, and only if you don't have the needed element to show it right away.

Admittedly, it doesn't completely get rid of the chore for every time after the first (edit: And with the way Minecraft is set up it's almost impossible to completely get rid of it and keep the research aspect, at least without putting in shortcuts that will let you skip tiers of research*. That might work, but with how easily available that information will eventually be, why have individual research in the first place?), but it's now simply replaced by a little minigame instead of requiring you to mash your head against an RNG grinder every time.

*Edit2: Making research tier based, rather than item/mechanic based, would actually be a welcome change in my opinion. That very likely isn't going to happen though, so I'll take what simplifications Azanor does put in. If I ever got fed up with it, then I would just stop using Thaumcraft.

Onean fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Aug 28, 2013

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs

American Dad posted:

If your configs are set up right they occupy the same space. BC pipes have a built in cover system, called facades (doesn't work with TE conduits/liquiducts but does work with AE). You have to make them on an assembly table though. Oh and there is also forge multipart which you might not have.

Yes pistons can move other pistons.

So THAT'S what facades are for. Sweet, that should be enough to get me started. Thanks guys!

Stuck at work for another 3 hours and my head is just bursting with ideas about mining and crafting :psydwarf:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Onean posted:

That looks....tedious in the extreme. I've got to say nothing about these reveal videos is getting me excited about Thaumcraft 4 at all. He hasn't shown off any new features at all; just that wands are going to be prettier and more irritating to use and now a research system that is largely trial and error. Thaumcraft 3's research was kind of novel; hunting for the various aspects made a lot of sense based on what you where discovering/what you where researching. It was kind of boring the second time around, but this looks boring from the start.

Bring back Liquid Vis/Taint tubes! :v:

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Liquid Vis/Taint was actually a lot of fun, and had a lot of potential to be different from 'Yet Another Minecraft Energy Concept', but unfortunately the author can't iron out the kinks in a mechanic and instead prefers to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Rutibex posted:

That looks....tedious in the extreme. I've got to say nothing about these reveal videos is getting me excited about Thaumcraft 4 at all. He hasn't shown off any new features at all; just that wands are going to be prettier and more irritating to use and now a research system that is largely trial and error. Thaumcraft 3's research was kind of novel; hunting for the various aspects made a lot of sense based on what you where discovering/what you where researching. It was kind of boring the second time around, but this looks boring from the start.

I guess I'm missing something then, because this system looks a lot less tedious to me. Discovery seems to remain the same; he didn't pull up the research page until he tried Fire, and combining Fire and Magic makes sense for a wand cap that makes your wand shoot fire. As for the combined aspects, the Aspects of Magic node had a flashing icon on it at the end that wasn't there before, which leads me to believe those will be readily available to look up after you've discovered them the first time.

The only thing I can see that immediately jumps out at me as worse is that the discovery doesn't pop out a little hint when you mouse over it. I'm just guessing on this point, but it's possible he removed them and I'd only be a little sad if so as they were usually so vague that they were useless to begin with. It's also possible that you can pull that info up in the Thauminomicon after discovering it but before finishing your research, by clicking on the discovery in the research table or, something that would be really nice, you can click on the node before discovery but after researching something connecting to it so you know where to begin rather than randomly throwing aspects around to start a discovery.

What makes it seem so tedious to you guys?

Eox posted:

Liquid Vis/Taint was actually a lot of fun, and had a lot of potential to be different from 'Yet Another Minecraft Energy Concept', but unfortunately the author can't iron out the kinks in a mechanic and instead prefers to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

This isn't really fair. If that was the case then research would be gone too, instead of actually being better than the horrendous time sink in TC2 where you had to throw stacks of items into a block and let it randomly make one of multiple different types of pages, which had to then be thrown in the same block with even more stacks of items to get a small chance at getting a random new page to your book. Not to mention the reasonably high chance of losing stacks of items or individual pages to failed research. If you weren't using stacks of bookcases or stacks of diamond blocks, you were just wasting resources.

And really, aspects are more of a different energy system than liquid vis/taint. At it's most basic, what's the difference between a solar generator that puts EU into a battery box through wire compared to a Vis generator that puts liquid Vis into a Vis tank through Vis pipes? The liquid Taint was the only quirk there, but EU had its own quirk through EU/t scaling; too much and your machine would blow up. At least when you start with the aspect system in TC4 you're going around the world and examining items, blocks and creatures to get you primal aspects, which can be combined into compound aspects which you can begin collecting after discovering them individually or after discovering the base aspects needed. Aspects also seem to be player bound, so you don't have to set up some kind of tesseract equivalent in order to have access to your full stock of aspects at your friend's base or in the Nether.

Onean fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Aug 28, 2013

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Eox posted:

What? Liquid Vis was exactly "yet another Minecraft Energy Concept". In fact, liquid Vis was pretty much purple electricity in practice.
I liked liquid Vis too but try not to make it out to be some revolutionary thing.

dijon du jour fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 28, 2013

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Much better put than my overly wordy paragraph above.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'd worded that a little antagonistically, my bad :( What I mean is that as it stood Vis was pretty boring (Toss poo poo in a cauldron and get some good energy, but watch out!!! You got a little bit of bad energy) but it could have been a lot different from every other mods power source. Say, a pipe that dumps out the Vis goop and turns it into slimes, who walk in a straight line (Because it can't go through pipes for too long or whatever), or being able to dump it into the environment to cause poo poo like glowing water or slippery stone, or using it to power that rune system that TC2 had (Which owned)

I like that he's taking a bit more time to make research interesting, I just have a feeling it's going to go through a lot more major changes.

Edit: Reading this over, my suggestions still make it 'Electricity that does A Thing'. But I still think that if you go whole-hog with the Liquid Magic concept, you get some pretty cool poo poo out of it

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Onean posted:

I guess I'm missing something then, because this system looks a lot less tedious to me. Discovery seems to remain the same; he didn't pull up the research page until he tried Fire, and combining Fire and Magic makes sense for a wand cap that makes your wand shoot fire. As for the combined aspects, the Aspects of Magic node had a flashing icon on it at the end that wasn't there before, which leads me to believe those will be readily available to look up after you've discovered them the first time.

I just dislike the decoupling of aspects from items. I thought that part was really clever. Iron ingots have the metal aspect, but combine them into a bucket and you can get void too! He could have just got rid of the part where the item are destroyed and it would have been perfect. Combining different base aspects to get more complex ones doesn't feel like "research" to me, it's too abstract and disconnected from actual Minecraft.

dijon du jour posted:

What? Liquid Vis was exactly "yet another Minecraft Energy Concept". In fact, liquid Vis was pretty much purple electricity in practice.
I liked liquid Vis too but try not to make it out to be some revolutionary thing.

The revolutionary part was the Taint. No other Minecraft energy has a pollution system. With Thaumcraft 2 I managed to gently caress up my tanks and irrevocably Taint up my entire base and surrounding area. That was neat.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Rutibex posted:

I just dislike the decoupling of aspects from items. I thought that part was really clever. Iron ingots have the metal aspect, but combine them into a bucket and you can get void too! He could have just got rid of the part where the item are destroyed and it would have been perfect. Combining different base aspects to get more complex ones doesn't feel like "research" to me, it's too abstract and disconnected from actual Minecraft.

I'll have to double check the video later, but if you pause and read the pages I think he does mention items along side creatures and blocks. The process you use to get aspects is by pointing the thaumometer at something, and it doesn't consume whatever it is, so it sounds exactly like what you want. I could be wrong though, and you can't use items.

As for the compound aspects being unlinked from items, that's not the case. He mentions being unable to get Lux from anything until you discover the base aspects, but then you can collect them in the same way as the rest.

I'll have to recheck the video later, as I'm posting this from my 3DS, about to get to sleep.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
All aspects will be able to be gotten via the combining system, and via examining the world with the Thaumometer. He's stated that outright previously. The trick is, you can only "research" the Primal Aspects with the Thaumometer until you've discovered other Aspects, and then you can examine stuff for more of it. He's also said that it will be possible to slowly generate unlimited amounts of Primal Aspects so that you can always be able to finish your research, it just might take a while.

Frankly, I think the new system is much better. The original TC3 research system is just a gigantic resource hog where you throw eight billion items at it over time, and is very random. Making umpteen million stacks of trapdoors got old, fast. This new system doesn't seem to be nearly as random, you're not actually using up resources, and encourages you to do something other than sit in your basement throwing stacks of items at a table. All for the good, in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gollom
Mar 5, 2007
I pawned the precious
Thaumacraft guy is really good at making visually interesting and mechanically cool systems. The vis conduits/tanks/things that used vis from TC2 were all a lot of fun to look at and worked in ways I thought were pretty novel. TC3 improved in that way too, even if I kinda liked the liquid vis thing more. The infusion altar with a bunch of full warded jars is really fun to look at, and things like the Wands and the magic jetpack are actually pretty fun and visually interesting. Things like the Arcane Levitator and the golems were really useful too, and again visually somewhat interesting. If it wasn't such a pain to fuel, I would have always used the magic jetpack just because of how cool it looked.

The process of getting there is just awful though, and he hasn't ever really improved on that. TC2 research was dull, TC3 research was tedious, and TC3.1/4 research looks like it's going to be a slightly less tedious version of TC3 research. It's kind of a difficult problem though. Research is kind of a core aspect of the mod and I don't think I'd want that to change. It's seems pretty wizardy to have to research your magic before you use it, I like that. I just wish there was a way to make it more fun because burning through a bunch of items, hoping they had the right aspect and that you have enough to completely research that aspect and oh god now I need one more aspect but what could it be*??? is just tedious as hell after one go through.

Also I hate the way the crucible works and really wish it was more like Tinkerer's Construct's smeltery; right click interface, insert items to turn them into vis. But that's mostly because I'm awful at throwing things.

If things work like Onean described, then it's a step in the right direction at least.

*It's malum, it's always malum.

• Locked thread