Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I feel like Power would have been way more fitting in this game than in SR3 and they should have brought it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

RBA Starblade posted:

I feel like Power would have been way more fitting in this game than in SR3 and they should have brought it back.

I kinda felt the same way about Holding Out for a Hero. But really once they figure out a way to import songs, that'll be all taken care of.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
So are shotguns at all useful in this game? If so what's the best one? Same for the rifles.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Klyith posted:

Here's how to spoil some DLC for yourself.
In the videos directory, there are bik movies that start with dlc1 & dlc2.
They're hand-drawn-art storyboard videos, not finished product. I guess that will change for the finished product, but with Enter the Dominatrix having the dev commentary on canceled DLC I can't even be sure.

I actually just looked at them myself accidentally because I was deleting the startup intro movies again after steam re-downloaded them (and there is a weird audio bug that only happens when you escape past the startup movies). I haven't been keeping up with the thread, so I was like wtf and looked, as I had bik player installed already.

While watching it, I stared at the screen and said out loud: "get the gently caress out". Then immediately bought the season pass on steam. I have no idea if the DLC will be good or not, but it's not going to be SR3's "more of the same" DLC.

I watched all of the videos.

Even if the Season Pass is less then an hour long for both packs, it's still worth $10, because goddamn.

Fishstick posted:

Just put the drat thing in spoiler tags already and spill it.

Sure. MAJOR DLC SPOILERS. Seriously, don't read this at all, because it's something you should see later. I'm only doing this because there are people like me who want to see it, but don't know how to read .bik files, and it'll be gone by tonight once they fix this patch.

Enter the Dominatrix brings back Nyteblayde, as he fights a giant monster. Apparently Shaundi falls in love with him. The Saints end up going back in time to ally with the Velociraptors species, marrying Shaundi off to the Raptor King. They then come through time to help fight the Dominatrix, with the Boss riding one into battle. There is also a bit where the ship flies out of a giant Paul, spilling Saints Flow everywhere. Donnie and Zimos return, and become homies. Donnie becomes a superhero.

Jane Austen narrates the into to Saints Save Christmas, mentioning the newly formed human/velociraptor alliance. Boss says gently caress Santa. Shaundi from another timeline comes back to warn them that Santa is actually a tyrant warlord who was held back by Zinyak, but with his death will conquer the galaxy. The Saints team up to gently caress Claus up.

The last scene, which is a photo of the crew has 5 different Shaundis in it.

Go buy the Season Pass goons.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.

Rookersh posted:

I'm really looking forward to seeing this in action.

GeauxSteve
Feb 26, 2004
Nubzilla

Bum the Sad posted:

So are shotguns at all useful in this game? If so what's the best one? Same for the rifles.

The alien rifle is killer.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

I've never been sold on DLC faster than this.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Bum the Sad posted:

I love the semi-auto shotgun, it is a death slinger when maxed out. Easily my most used weapon, only partly because of the hot pink/fire paint job.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

They're very powerful, the pump-action shotgun can one-shot most things. The Disintegrator is a great single-shot rifle, sort of a sniper rifle with no scope, it's good for things out of reach of your shotgun. Those are the best choices.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Reiley posted:

They're very powerful, the pump-action shotgun can one-shot most things. The Disintegrator is a great single-shot rifle, sort of a sniper rifle with no scope, it's good for things out of reach of your shotgun. Those are the best choices.
I really like the Disintegrator because when something dies from it, it's basically the Half-Life 2 disintegration effect.

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.

Rookersh posted:

I watched all of the videos.

Even if the Season Pass is less then an hour long for both packs, it's still worth $10, because goddamn.

Sure. MAJOR DLC SPOILERS. Seriously, don't read this at all, because it's something you should see later. I'm only doing this because there are people like me who want to see it, but don't know how to read .bik files, and it'll be gone by tonight once they fix this patch.

Enter the Dominatrix brings back Nyteblayde, as he fights a giant monster. Apparently Shaundi falls in love with him. The Saints end up going back in time to ally with the Velociraptors species, marrying Shaundi off to the Raptor King. They then come through time to help fight the Dominatrix, with the Boss riding one into battle. There is also a bit where the ship flies out of a giant Paul, spilling Saints Flow everywhere. Donnie and Zimos return, and become homies. Donnie becomes a superhero.

Jane Austen narrates the into to Saints Save Christmas, mentioning the newly formed human/velociraptor alliance. Boss says gently caress Santa. Shaundi from another timeline comes back to warn them that Santa is actually a tyrant warlord who was held back by Zinyak, but with his death will conquer the galaxy. The Saints team up to gently caress Claus up.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! Sold.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The game simply needs a Stan Bush radio channel, obviously. :colbert:

Nope, Volition can do better.

Have Stan Bush be in the cryo pod next to Jane Austen. Instant Stan Bush homie. :iia:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I love the semi-auto shotgun, it is a death slinger when maxed out. Easily my most used weapon, only partly because of the hot pink/fire paint job.
While hot pink and fire does sound pretty great, we all know there's really only one acceptable paint job for the semi-auto shotgun:

:c00lbert:

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Well, I think this is one of the first times there was a near-perfect launch version with a patch to completely gently caress it all up. :psyduck:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Pump-action shotty best shotty :c00lbert:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

WarLocke posted:

Nope, Volition can do better.

Have Stan Bush be in the cryo pod next to Jane Austen. Instant Stan Bush homie. :iia:

Zinyak seemed more interested with more "classical" things than the 80s. Then again, he was the one who started quoting Transformers.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
One of the shotties has a Genki paintjob. Use that one.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Rookersh posted:

Best money I ever spent.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Zinyak seemed more interested with more "classical" things than the 80s. Then again, he was the one who started quoting Transformers.

Hey, Transformers is a classic.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

One of the shotties has a Genki paintjob. Use that one.
Don't you need to unlock the Genki paintjobs by... I think it was by getting gold from all the Superpower Fight Club instances? (possibly from Genki's M.O.M?) I'm not good at Superpower Fight Club or Genki's M.O.M. :saddowns:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is the season pass always going to be tenbux or is it ever going to go up to $20?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Rookersh posted:

:stare:

Holy poo poo, that's beyond crazy-awesome. Soooooo glad I bought the pass. I just hope they don't bring any more game breaking patches. Patches are supposed to fix poo poo, not break it! :psyduck:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

"Hello, is this Stan Bush? Hi, this is Steve from Volition. Would you be interested in some voice acting work? We want to put you in a video game. No, not singing. You. As yourself. Yeah. Well, it's actually a funny story..."

Also for Fight Club (and other activities) setting your difficulty to Casual gets you extra time, and the game doesn't give a poo poo.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Volition I was on the last loving mission :argh:

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
The genki virus injection guys probably need some sort of gun.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

WarLocke posted:

Also for Fight Club (and other activities) setting your difficulty to Casual gets you extra time, and the game doesn't give a poo poo.
Guess I'll do that once Volition fixes the game again. I don't want to play it right now lest my save gets hosed or something. :ohdear:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

Guess I'll do that once Volition fixes the game again. I don't want to play it right now lest my save gets hosed or something. :ohdear:

Yeah I guess this is as good an excuse as any for me to go back and actually play SRTT. I'm such a bad Saints fan, I basically jumped in with IV. :negative:

Scurvard
Feb 19, 2007

For a fun voice, use the Southern Belle and pitch it down about 30%. It sounds like Paula Deen and Michael Jackson got fused in a freak transporter accident. It also helps when it's coming out of the mouth of this guy:

Only weird thing is that, when given the option, NPCs refer to the boss using female pronouns. And whenever there's a singalong it reverts to the un-pitched voice, but I just like to think he has a killer falsetto.

As for the next game, (if they don't reboot it) since the boss has gone from Gang Leader -> President -> Galactic Emperor, the next step would be godhood. Like, becoming the Space Baby from 2001. It just think it would be fun to be able to create your own sandbox planet/city/missions to run around in.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

When is that amazing dlc coming out. I never buy dlc but after seeing dlc1_05_out I am 100% sold.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Maybe in this weird downtime I'll try SR2 again. I never went back to after played it right when it came out, and I've been interested in going back to it for a while.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I've been trying to play SR2 over the past few days, but it keeps crashing during and after long missions on both of my PCs and I'm kind of getting sick of that. I suppose I could play one of the console versions, but those look like butt and have a framerate of approximately 15, and of course they don't have Gentlemen of the Row either.

I've also been playing SRTT, and goddamn the faces look weird compared to IV even when you're using the exact same boss. :shepface: They're just so much better animated in IV.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I got SR4 and Splinter Cell: Blacklist at the same time and trying to play Blacklist after Asha's mission made me realize how goofy and frustrating stealth games are.

"There is a very specific order of operations."

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Rookersh posted:

This is like some sort of Poe's Law poo poo right here, but I'm inclined to believe every bit of it due to the nature of Saint's Row.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

With all these people saying they're going to buy the season pass, I'm beginning to wonder if Volition did not "leak" the files on purpose.:tinfoil:

The videos got me too

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Scurvard posted:

As for the next game, (if they don't reboot it) since the boss has gone from Gang Leader -> President -> Galactic Emperor, the next step would be godhood. Like, becoming the Space Baby from 2001. It just think it would be fun to be able to create your own sandbox planet/city/missions to run around in.

I want all of this to happen, and then end the game by waking up on a boat.

e: Knowing everything that has previously happened, of course, and having already tasted that level of power.

The ultimate sociopath killer comes again for SR2:2

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I decided to take a look at just a little bit of those videos. Even what little I saw looked very imaginative, it seems they might have learned their lesson from 3's DLC.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Brightman posted:

This is like some sort of Poe's Law poo poo right here, but I'm inclined to believe every bit of it due to the nature of Saint's Row.

http://i.imgur.com/nRJ8EHD.jpg?1

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Rookersh posted:

http://i.imgur.com/nRJ8EHD.jpg?1

Well I already got the Season Pass, but that alone sure as gently caress justifies it.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Yup, I knew my Season Pass purchase was justified when I saw Zimos putting his pimp hat on a velociraptor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I decided to take a look at just a little bit of those videos. Even what little I saw looked very imaginative, it seems they might have learned their lesson from 3's DLC.

I would not be surprised if the SR3 dlc had been farmed out. THQ did that a lot.

• Locked thread