Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I really wanted a sandwich just now (salami, cheese and capsicum), but I discovered the bread was mouldy, so I used two crumpets instead. It wasn't terrible, but I can't recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I was going to make a turkey sandwich, but we didn't have enough turkey left, so I had to settle for a cheese sandwich. It was rough, but I managed.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I haven't had breakfast yet.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I haven't had breakfast yet.

Oh my word, it's nearly 11pm!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I had coffee, a vegetable omelet, home fries, and rye toast with butter. I'm really full now, considering my breakfast usually consists of a piece of fruit and a cigarette.

On the way back from the restaurant, a homeless guy with an enormous red beard asked my boyfriend and I for spare change to pay for his vasectomy, so his kids didn't end up begging from our kids. It made me laugh, so I gave him a dollar. He told us he was going to hang out in front of McDonald's next, and showed us his sign that said he was McStarvin'.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

sebmojo posted:

Molybdenum?

Dunno, why don't you try frying some and report back?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Geez, I can't remember what website I wasted my time on before finding SA forums. What is your favourite thing to do on the internet before you bought an SA account?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

toanoradian posted:

Geez, I can't remember what website I wasted my time on before finding SA forums. What is your favourite thing to do on the internet before you bought an SA account?

I used to read reddit and 4chan and look at webcomics like questionable content, CAD and oglaf. I also watched an anime once. Now I have seen the light and spend eight hours a day with my curtains closed pressing the user control panel button to see what my favourite posters are talking about.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fabulist posted:

poo poo I missed AFP chat. I'm the anti-Vendagoat.

I'm okay with that.

You could always start it back up.

I'll give you a topic: you know how you used to be able to 'like' bands and books and poo poo on FB and it would just show a list of things you like to your friends but now it links all their posts to your wall? Well apparently AFP is doing an AMA on Reddit today. :eng99:

Hopefully she can goad some of them into suicide or something.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

toanoradian posted:

I spent an amazing amount of time on USENET.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

toanoradian posted:

I used to play slightly more video games than I do now. I also spent more time actually chatting with friends on Steam instead of sullenly ignoring them until either one of us wants to play games together.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Before joining SA, I read lots and lots of books. I still read, but not as much or as quickly.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I spent more time on other forums than I do now- Steam, airliners.net, probably some other places. But it turns out that once I'm here, it kind of satisfies my daily requirement for internet forums and the other places really aren't as good.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I used to actually get stuff done during the workday.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Helping starving orphans.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The Devil Tesla posted:

Helping starving orphans.

That's worded suspiciously vaguely, and after checking your posting history I really can't tell whether you'd be helping orphans with their starving issues or helping to starve orphans.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I used to do really banal poo poo. Now I still do really banal poo poo, I just constantly post about it as well.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

StandardVC10 posted:

I spent more time on other forums than I do now- Steam, airliners.net, probably some other places. But it turns out that once I'm here, it kind of satisfies my daily requirement for internet forums and the other places really aren't as good.

Why airliners.net?

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug
I used to do a lot of drugs. I still do, but now thanks to TCC my harm status is reduced.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

VanSandman posted:

Why airliners.net?

Because I fukken love airplanes ok

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

StandardVC10 posted:

Because I fukken love airplanes ok

What is your favorite airplane

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
What major airport is the least terrible?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

VanSandman posted:

They are all pretty mediocre. Long Beach is the easiest as the start/end of a journey, but you can't go to many places because nobody flies there except JetBlue. San Francisco is decent enough until weather happens which of course is constantly. I had a decent layover at O'Hare recently but it apparently goes to poo poo as soon as a thunderstorm happens. Detroit was alright I guess. LAX is hard to summarize because it's like six or seven airports stuck right next to each other but most of them are old. Charles de Gaulle Airport was actually not bad.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

VanSandman posted:

Any German one.

Worst is Madrid and De Gaulle or Rome.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Francodipshit posted:

Any German one.

Worst is Madrid and De Gaulle or Rome.

I don't know, Frankfort was pretty terrible

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
Frankfurt-Hahn is pretty bad/hilarious, just because of how many people don't realise it's not Frankfurt am Main and book flights anyway.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

syscall girl posted:

I'll give you a topic: you know how you used to be able to 'like' bands and books and poo poo on FB and it would just show a list of things you like to your friends but now it links all their posts to your wall? Well apparently AFP is doing an AMA on Reddit today. :eng99:

AFP is goddamn terrible so she's a perfect fit :colbert:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

syscall girl posted:

Yes, I hate that, and poo poo, I wonder what she'll say that'll piss off the numerous hordes this time. I wonder if she's realized more people are watching her now, after the poem and the Daily Mail thing.

I've seen her get short-tempered with people on Twitter, etc asking annoying questions or saying things like "If I knew you in real life, we would be BFFs!" Her response tweet to that was "I hate to tell you this, but this is real life." So it's possible she'll hurt some poor widdle redditor's feelings.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
No they'll probably find a lot of common ground hth

Hope This Helps

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

I don't know, Frankfort was pretty terrible

Compared to any Mediterranean country Frankfurt is a well oiled, efficient wunderland of air travel.

Edit;
Actually every airport isn't bad if you've been there before, speak a common language, and know how to cut in line or shove your way through a crowd. Even the unholy citadel known as Madrid Barajas can be overcome if you have the experience of being there at least once before and aren't retarded.

Delays are a different story and no single airport is at fault for their lovely weather or striking baggage handlers.

Spanish Manlove has a new favorite as of 20:02 on Aug 27, 2013

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

What is your favorite airplane

Their username is StandardVC10 and you have to ask??

I mean, I could take a wild stab in the dark on this...

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

SybilVimes posted:

Their username is StandardVC10 and you have to ask??

I mean, I could take a wild stab in the dark on this...

It could be their most hated airplane

My most hated airport is Miami

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Newark airport is fine, I guess.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Are they still doing construction in MIA? I do admit that got pretty annoying.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Francodipshit posted:

Are they still doing construction in MIA? I do admit that got pretty annoying.

I don't know, all I remember was sleeping overnight in the airport on the ground on the way back from Belize because one member of our group had trouble getting back in the country, but things were so disorganized and our flight was so delayed that we didn't miss our connection back home

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Yeah man customs can be tough in Miami. One time I filled out the customs form in pencil instead of pen and the agent was so fuckin pissed at me because I had to write it in pen. So I had to stand there like a jackass and rewrite the entire thing with his pen. Then he ran my name through the watch list and apparently I have a really common hispanic name so it took forever due to how many hits he saw while searching. Granted that whole endeavor was mostly my fault so I wasn't too bothered.

Other times customs just looked at me, said "do you have any ham or sausage?" and always gave me a sad look when I told them I wasn't sneaking anything out of Spain.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

It could be their most hated airplane

My most hated airport is Miami

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Reagan_Washington_National_Airport

Admittedly it's been over a decade since having a layover here but it was just awful then and I suspect it hasn't improved.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Just saw The World's End, and it owned. It's also the first movie in ages I've wanted to buy the soundtrack for. Love me some Madchester.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Crow Jane posted:

Just saw The World's End, and it owned. It's also the first movie in ages I've wanted to buy the soundtrack for. Love me some Madchester.

Is it like Shaun of the dead with aliens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Sort of, but most movies would be improved by being "Shaun of the Dead with ..."

• Locked thread