Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

I was thinking just keep parking in Belltown and let nature take its course.

I was gonna say I actually think it looks kinda cool. Granted I can never endorse going to belltown, gently caress that place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Swap your trunk for a cop's trunk when the cop isn't looking, then wait for the cop to come out of the donut shop.

The tagger will get his mouth fractured and you'll get a nice new trunk.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Negromancer posted:

I was gonna say I actually think it looks kinda cool. Granted I can never endorse going to belltown, gently caress that place.

Shorty's Hot dogs on 2nd, if you haven't been.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Better than Po Dog's? Seems like a much closer option since they opened one up in ballard. Their deep fried danger dog is pretty amazing.

I had no idea that Shorty's even did hotdogs, I've only been there a few times to grab a drink while waiting for shows to start at the Rendezvous.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Negromancer posted:

Better than Po Dog's? Seems like a much closer option since they opened one up in ballard. Their deep fried danger dog is pretty amazing.

I had no idea that Shorty's even did hotdogs, I've only been there a few times to grab a drink while waiting for shows to start at the Rendezvous.

There are better street dogs than Shorty's but the arcade games make it worth it.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Parked in Belltown for a half hour earlier.

... What does that even say?

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007

T1g4h posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It looks like NYLO5T 3A to me. My thoughts were New York Lost (Against all authority) based off of my friend and mines guesses.

But then again we have no loving idea.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

T1g4h posted:

"I decided I didn't need to get my high-school diploma".

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION
That better be a 14 inch dog.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Found the brake fluid leak, it was the left front speed bleeder. Started the car, put pressure on the pedal and it was pouring out. Replaced it with a standard bleeder, and after going through a can of super blue it's fixed. Note to self: Do not buy speed bleeders ever again.

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
Was it leaking out the actual nipple or from around the threads? Guessing there must've been something up with the part of the bleeder that mates with the sealing surface.

You don't need this but posting because I like diagrams:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It was leaking right out of the nip. Wouldn't do it non powered, but as soon as I started the car and put the pedal down it came gushing out.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

leica posted:

It was leaking right out of the nip. Wouldn't do it non powered, but as soon as I started the car and put the pedal down it came gushing out.

Sounds like you have some poo poo on the seating area or damage to that part of the speed bleeder. That should seal like standard bleeders when tight.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Well the standard bleeder I replaced it with works fine, no more leakage. I imagine the speed bleeder was faulty.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
You guys are dicks, look what you made me do

2005 CVPI from the local county sheriff's department, 134k on the clock, every possible piece of paperwork and maintenance history, brand new spare, and the original title. Now I just need to see if I can get temp tags in NC without an NC driver's license so I can bring it to Ohio for the title transfer and registration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0XYCAxxnSc

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

So weird anecdotal question - I travel a lot for business and several years ago would occasionally get a Grand Marquis or Towncar as a rental. It seemed like every one of them had a squeak in the rear suspension on expansion joints. It sounded like someone in the distance having sex on a wire framed cot.

Hit a joint and you'd get a rhythmic 'eeky eeky' as the suspension reacted.

Was this a common thing for late model Panthers?

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'm thinking of purchasing a CVPI for a non-driving project. What are you guys paying for yours?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Goober Peas posted:

So weird anecdotal question - I travel a lot for business and several years ago would occasionally get a Grand Marquis or Towncar as a rental. It seemed like every one of them had a squeak in the rear suspension on expansion joints. It sounded like someone in the distance having sex on a wire framed cot.

Hit a joint and you'd get a rhythmic 'eeky eeky' as the suspension reacted.

Was this a common thing for late model Panthers?

Squeaky control arm bushings are a panther body thing. Some love squeaking, some just don't. I have no idea why.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

MonkeyNutZ posted:

You guys are dicks, look what you made me do

2005 CVPI from the local county sheriff's department, 134k on the clock, every possible piece of paperwork and maintenance history, brand new spare, and the original title. Now I just need to see if I can get temp tags in NC without an NC driver's license so I can bring it to Ohio for the title transfer and registration.

One of us, one of us...

I need to wash mine. loving doves have bombed it to hell and back and it's a mess :sigh:

EDIT: Okay, so here's a question. Do any of you guys get terrible, loud clunking from the front end whenever you go over a bump while turning? It seems like if i've got the wheel cut fairly sharp and I hit a bump or pothole, there's immediately this loud-as-gently caress CLUNK from my front suspension. It's mildly unnerving.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Aug 25, 2013

Marux
Mar 15, 2008

College Slice

blk posted:

I'm thinking of purchasing a CVPI for a non-driving project. What are you guys paying for yours?

I just picked up mine a few days ago, 2008 with 77k miles for a hair under 7k. Excellent condition inside and out, and with no issues I've seen so far aside from a finicky aftermarket alarm that only seems to be able to unlock (but not lock) just the drivers side door, as well as open the trunk.

Also those push-bars really do make a big difference in low speed impacts. Just yesterday I went to visit my aunt and she managed to back directly into the front of my parked car, literally the 3rd day I had it. Messed up the bumper on her car but just left a little scuff on the rubber pads of those bars.

Marux fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 25, 2013

ExtremeODD
Jul 16, 2005

T1g4h posted:

One of us, one of us...

I need to wash mine. loving doves have bombed it to hell and back and it's a mess :sigh:

EDIT: Okay, so here's a question. Do any of you guys get terrible, loud clunking from the front end whenever you go over a bump while turning? It seems like if i've got the wheel cut fairly sharp and I hit a bump or pothole, there's immediately this loud-as-gently caress CLUNK from my front suspension. It's mildly unnerving.

I get a disturbing clunk on my '00 p71 when turning the wheel side to side, sometimes while turning and hitting a bump. No clue what causing it, but this car is full of mystery like the disappearing of about 3-4qt of oil with no smoke from exhaust and not a drip on the ground.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

ExtremeODD posted:

I get a disturbing clunk on my '00 p71 when turning the wheel side to side, sometimes while turning and hitting a bump. No clue what causing it, but this car is full of mystery like the disappearing of about 3-4qt of oil with no smoke from exhaust and not a drip on the ground.

Have you checked your coolant? :ohdear:

E: I suppose it would usually go the other way, wouldn't it. Still, peace of mind and all that.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The clunk is the knuckle on the spindle that touches a stopper on the frame, which basically stops you from turning any further. If you go over a bump with the wheel turned to the max either way the knuckle rubs on the stopper and makes the clunking noise. To stop it you can gob some grease on the end of the knuckle and where it meets the stopper, or just stop maxing out the turn radius going over bumps.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Seattle goons there's another CVPI at the place I got mine in classic black and white with full security gear lights alarms sirens full cage radio everything for $5500 if anyone's interested. '08 w 120k I believe.

Vulgarian
Oct 2, 2011

:swoon::swoon:

Such a fun place. Play some skeeball at rabbit hole, wander down to shorty's. Belltown got a lot more tolerable after the floating bridge crowd started going to capitol hill (Thanks, Macklemore! :allears:
).

Anyways, how maneuverable are these things? I've never seen SPD parallel park outside of those nice "POLICE DEPT ONLY" spots at the end of rows on the 'ave.

What's it like parallel parking, and what's it like trying to make one of these move?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Basically just get used to doing this :snoop:

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
Just got my temporary license plate so I can finally drive around a little...

Sweet jesus, it's WAY more fun than our old Grand Marquis. The 3.55 limited slip rear end may have something to do with that but man do the '03+ cars steer nicely.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I believe that's also when they went to a rack and pinion setup, did an oil change on a 99 that still had a recirculating ball. Makes the oil filter a bastard to get to on the newer cars, but the drive is much better.

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003

leica posted:

The clunk is the knuckle on the spindle that touches a stopper on the frame, which basically stops you from turning any further. If you go over a bump with the wheel turned to the max either way the knuckle rubs on the stopper and makes the clunking noise. To stop it you can gob some grease on the end of the knuckle and where it meets the stopper, or just stop maxing out the turn radius going over bumps.

Awesome info. My dad's 00 Marquis has this same clunk.

ExtremeODD
Jul 16, 2005
So I had a thing happen.

Drove on it almost 20 miles all said and done. Mechanic couldn't quite figure out how the hell it didn't come flying off. Now to scrape up another $900 for the timing chain guides and tensioners.

On the clunk deal I have the end of steering one and one that happens if I turn the wheel side to side, like the joint is loose and has some play.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Discovered a possible issue with my Vic today. It was raining and I was driving out near Georgetown for any of us Seattle goons and hit a rough patch of road over some train tracks. The ABS freaked the gently caress out and went crazy and my car pulled hard to the left while it did it. I wasn't trying to trigger it, but I understand that even light braking under those circumstances can cause it to go off, I'm more concerned about the way my front end dove to the left. Can ABS activation trigger a pull? Or is this a symptom of another problem?

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
Did you try hammering the brakes with the ABS fuse pulled? My first thought was a sticking caliper.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'll try that tomorrow, I was only asking because it was the first and only time it's lurched to the left like that and semed like a fairly unique occurance.:

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Discovered a possible issue with my Vic today. It was raining and I was driving out near Georgetown for any of us Seattle goons and hit a rough patch of road over some train tracks. The ABS freaked the gently caress out and went crazy and my car pulled hard to the left while it did it. I wasn't trying to trigger it, but I understand that even light braking under those circumstances can cause it to go off, I'm more concerned about the way my front end dove to the left. Can ABS activation trigger a pull? Or is this a symptom of another problem?

If you were crossing train tracks that weren't perpendicular to your tires it's possible your left front tires was on pavement when your right front was on track material and the braking caused your front right to lose traction so your left front wheel was doing the braking, pulling the car left.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
I ordered a go rhino pushbar and some :krad: LED headlights to mount on it to fix the lovely headlight situation. And now that people will drive even slower in front of me I got some supertone to honk an tell them to get the hell out of my way. And a new badge for the trunk since mine did not get put back on after the respray. Oh and last week since I was way too lazy to pull the headliner to remove all the NMO mounts and plug the holes I spent $20 on ebay for some antennas to cover up the big rear end brass lugs.

If the weather holds out this week I will wash it for the first time since I bought it and give it its first coat of wax in preparation for the trip to Vegas and Alabama. And of course get some sweet pics of clean my FauxPo mobile

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
If you'd just paint the loving thing electric purple and orange already you wouldn't have these problems. :colbert:

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Only tangentially related.

I've already got a daily driver and I don't have the disposable income to throw around on something like this, so I obviously had to live out my Panther fantasies on the internet.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

What game is that? I've basically recreated my car in Saints Row The Third, trying to find one in Saints IV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

APB Reloaded, it's basically Cops and Robbers Online. Decent gunplay, amazing customization, free-to-play. However, a lot of the really nice customization items are for $$$ only, and your symbols are pretty heavily limited without 'Premium.' Nothing on that particular vehicle is bought with real money, though.

If you do pick it up, play Enforcer. We get the wee-woos. :D