Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

BlackMK4 posted:

12 year old on a SS built R6. Not bad.

I swear that people who complain about their kids playing video games etc all the time should just stop paying for xbox live and invest in a small bike (r6 is a little extreme though, IMO). If they have the reflexes and mental acuity to play halo online I'm sure trackdays aren't a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
To be fair, the kid has been riding since 4 and racing since 5. 06-09 Utah SuMo state champ, '10 Mini A & Mini B Utah state champ, '11 SuMo state champ and has been racing a Ninja 250 since.

Gweenz
Jan 27, 2011

BlackMK4 posted:

powertoweightratio.jpg

That's pretty awesome. So, I'm assuming since he's on a rearstand he can't touch the ground, so they just start him out like that?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Gweenz posted:

powertoweightratio.jpg

That's pretty awesome. So, I'm assuming since he's on a rearstand he can't touch the ground, so they just start him out like that?

I doubt it unless they just default him to the back of the pack.
I'll bet he can trackstand like a boss though.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

BlackMK4 posted:

To be fair, the kid has been riding since 4 and racing since 5. 06-09 Utah SuMo state champ, '10 Mini A & Mini B Utah state champ, '11 SuMo state champ and has been racing a Ninja 250 since.

Soooo, next Valentino Rossi?

Resource
Aug 6, 2006
Yay!

BlackMK4 posted:

That's awesome, is there more?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Soooo, next Valentino Rossi?

We can only hope, the US could use more dudes in GP. drat Spaniards dominate the podium every race it seems like.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

This might be the worst piece of poo poo bike I've ever seen.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

High Protein posted:

Don't pick on the lil guy, he'll hit his growth spurt someday :shobon:

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I want to see how the shifter is positioned. It must be awkward is hell to ride.

I like the wheels though.

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 27, 2013

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
What hath man wrought?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

High Protein posted:

Is that hole normally there in the frame for the carb?

e: the more i look at it the more it looks like a terrible but yet believable photoshop :magical:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

clutchpuck posted:

I want to see how the shifter is positioned. It must be awkward is hell to ride.

I like the wheels though.

Seriously, look at location of the seat and the pegs. My knees would be at shoulder height.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
A sane person would use a downdraft carb setup under the airbox cover.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
I can't tell if both ends of the seat are fixed to the swingarm or not. One way, every time you hit a bump the tank punches you in the crotch; the other way it tries to catapult you over the bars.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Snowdens Secret posted:

I can't tell if both ends of the seat are fixed to the swingarm or not. One way, every time you hit a bump the tank punches you in the crotch; the other way it tries to catapult you over the bars.

Also, as someone on Facebook put it, may the cooling fan burn his balls.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
That's the proper treatment for a Blast.

Needs more ZTL though.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is that hole normally there in the frame for the carb?

e: the more i look at it the more it looks like a terrible but yet believable photoshop :magical:

No, which is why I want to see more pictures of it. I can't imagine how terrible it is judging by the quality of the weld between seat and swingarm. (Also, it should be fuel injected)

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

clutchpuck posted:

Needs more ZTL though.

This is pretty sweet.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

clutchpuck posted:

Needs more ZTL though.

Would ride this Blast.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Would ride this Blast.

Would fix the headlight before going far, tho

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Are you a bad enough dude to ride a suicide shift?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

BlackMK4 posted:

Great pic. The intense concentration is awesome. I wish I could've ridden like that at 12.

Also: http://youtu.be/ufYOO0LFvg0 With an almost high side at the end.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 27, 2013

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not
Went for a ride in the Canberra hills today. Here's some raw, unedited footage of my KERAZY speed

http://vimeo.com/73265359

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Had some fun on Sunday at Mt. Glorious. Got into a good groove on the way back down the mountain and this is the result;

Front:

Rear:

Might take my 1pcs up next time, had to tuck my legs right into the bike while leaned over/hanging off to avoid scraping on high speed sweepers. Was completely stupid but a hell of a good time. Can't wait to get to a track day.

Bike is a ZZR600 on Pilot Road 2's.

e: On the above note, I noticed on the way down my brakes felt ... soft? I suppose is the word. Is this just because they got a hell of a workout? They felt fine on the way up and worked great after a 30 minute stop on my way back home. I had to squeeze the brake more to get the same effect as previously.

Shimrod fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Aug 28, 2013

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Go ride in the 1pc, I ended up getting used to it and always rode in the race suit other than commuting.
You probably have old fluid in the brakes and ended up boiling them a bit - be careful, it'll happen easier now unless you bleed them... which I suggest you do often.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
How long of a road is this?

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

It looks like you can stretch it out to about 70km one way.

http://goo.gl/maps/Ysxff

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

Go ride in the 1pc, I ended up getting used to it and always rode in the race suit other than commuting.
You probably have old fluid in the brakes and ended up boiling them a bit - be careful, it'll happen easier now unless you bleed them... which I suggest you do often.

I've been out in it a few times, felt a bit weird to start with and felt fine after I'd been riding in it for 5 or so minutes. I will wear it more often though, I've been meaning to anyway.

I'll bleed the brakes over the weekend or whenever I get time, due to give it a service soon anyway. Thanks. I kind of guessed I'd probably boiled it a bit.

(Would it be worth getting stainless lines or not really?)

nsaP posted:

How long of a road is this?

http://goo.gl/maps/QSlwe

That, going both ways.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Shimrod posted:

Maybe if you need new lines. A friend of mine got stainless on his Road King because they cost about the same as OEM.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Shimrod posted:

If you plan on tracking the thing or the old lines have cracking, yeah.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

BlackMK4 posted:

If you plan on tracking the thing or the old lines have cracking, yeah.

Honestly, even if the old lines aren't cracking yet, it's worth it. SS lines are so cheap it's almost more expensive to NOT have them (for peace of mind).

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

I do plan on track days, so I might get them. Thanks.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

nsaP posted:

I know, I consume American news.

On another note, my friend just bought a lovely little scooter for his girlfriend. I have a few friends who have ignored any riding advice I gave them before they got serious, he's one. When he asked me about advice for riding it home, after I told him the basics, I said to take a rider class.

He said "lol it's just a scooter".

Hope neither of them lose skin and I keep trying.

Is it not lovely? Any direction I can point him in to keep the thing running? Or maybe not...

Update on this scooter: As he bought it, nothing works on it (except lights I hope?) and it runs like poo poo. If he gasses it a lot it bogs, but if he gradually increases throttle he can get it to rev. 300 bucks.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Oh good, this guy is back again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3koj9BvYrU

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

nsaP posted:

Update on this scooter: As he bought it, nothing works on it (except lights I hope?) and it runs like poo poo. If he gasses it a lot it bogs, but if he gradually increases throttle he can get it to rev. 300 bucks.

A classic case of you get what you pay for. What a dumbass.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Yes! Was wondering if the first video was just a one-off.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004
I'm trying to find this on YouTube but I can't locate it. Only have a Facebook link which may or may not work.

I just love listening to the audio of parts hitting the pavement.

Guy fails to do a proper burnout on a GSXR

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=509507192459993

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
While cruising instagram looking for more hipster bike content to laugh at, I noticed a weird thing. A lot of girls on motorbikes were taking pics and tagging those pics with #bitwell. Seems I stumbled into one of those future marketing things where some company pays attractive people to take pictures of themselves on bikes wearing their lovely helmets. I could be wrong, I asked one and she said she was def not associated with the company but all her pics seemed to have a diff color helmets from Bitwell. Anywho so I decided to make a little PSA, no one can say HNasty didn't care about the kids.

For those of you not familiar with Bitwell they make retro helmets to cash in on the "genuine" motorcycling craze that seems to be spreading out from Portland. Check out their site for some real laughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

You're supposed to grow a CE-rated ironic beard, duh.