Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
They also make biodegradable utensils out of corn. Those were pretty amazing the first time I saw them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Hahahahha, that's just inane. There had to be at least some tongue in cheek here.
To be fair he didn't explicitly say that, it was heavily implied. He kept talking about how ratings for 'liberal' news stations were low, while conservative outlets were high. No doubt because of his decision to boycott MSNBC soundbites. The best part was during the recent Miley Cyrus debacle he played a sound clip with Mika Brzezinski and other MSNBC talking heads, violating his own boycott. Doesn't matter though, his listeners will believe he was completely truthful the whole time. Rush has to reinforce to his listeners how important he every single show. Here is another example of this behavior from the same program regarding Obama's forthcoming MLK speech.

Maybe I am misunderstanding his idea of 'boycott', I didn't start listening to him again until after the election for his sweet sweet tears.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Rush just said that the people speaking on the stage at the march commemoration today have never experienced racism.

Literally right this minute, John Lewis is speaking at the event. John Lewis, who had his skull cracked at Selma bridge and spoke at the original march. But apparently to the white grievance industry, he has never experienced racism

Edit: he stopped talking while I wrote this

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The current message is that racism (at least white on black) is over. Considering it obviously is not, I don't think it's that much of a stretch to sell the idea to people that were not on the bad end of previous decades of racism that it never existed in the first place.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Radish posted:

The current message is that racism (at least white on black) is over. Considering it obviously is not, I don't think it's that much of a stretch to sell the idea to people that were not on the bad end of previous decades of racism that it never existed in the first place.

I think sending the message out to younger idiots is just a happy side-effect of people Limbaughs age trying to absolve themselves of blame for some of the most shameful poo poo in living memory. Running around saying there's no such thing as racism or racists is a grandiose handwave to try and hide the fact that there's one speaking to you at that very moment.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Fried Chicken posted:

Rush just said that the people speaking on the stage at the march commemoration today have never experienced racism.

Literally right this minute, John Lewis is speaking at the event. John Lewis, who had his skull cracked at Selma bridge and spoke at the original march. But apparently to the white grievance industry, he has never experienced racism

Edit: he stopped talking while I wrote this
I think it's really nefarious that he is playing clips of MLK's speech, particularly the bit where he says 'if your job is a street sweeper, sweep streets as eloquently as Michelangelo painted'. Yeah Rush, blacks should just accept their lot in life as being de facto slaves to whites by cleaning up our garbage, the complete opposite of what that entire loving speech was about

Also: EIB Sound Bite Ban Decimates MSNBC's Ratings

Rush Limbaugh posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, even my own staff challenges me. When I issue edicts, commands, orders, ideas, you would think that there would be overwhelming blanket acquiescence, approval, and support.

When I, a year ago, issued this ban, if you will, of MSNBC sound bites -- I'm not playing them anymore; I'm not gonna air any MSNBC bites -- I got little snarky notes from members of the staff telling me, "Boy, it was really great what was on MSNBC last night, but we can't use it." Well, let me tell you what's happened as a result of that ban. I maintain that it was this program propping up whatever audience they had.

Because in the year that we have banned MSNBC, their audience has declined by over half.
They barely have an audience. They're down... I don't know what the real numbers are. I've got 'em here somewhere. But they're barely above being noted in Nielson. They have continued to slide every rating period since we instituted the ban. They have lost audience, and the full-year tab is in, and they are down huge. It's inside baseball media is talking about it.

Now, they're not (of course) associating it with being banned here. (interruption) Oh, they're much lower than CNN! I mean, you can't see 'em. I'm telling you, they're bottom of the barrel, and the bottom is almost out of the barrel. You need a microscope. I mean, they are plummeting rapidly, and there's no end in sight, and it coincides with my instituting a ban of all MSNBC sound bites on this program.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Saw a post on facebook that said "Too bad we lost a good one at a young age." Holy poo poo.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

quote:

I don't know what the real numbers are.

Gosh, you don't say.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm telling you, they're bottom of the barrel, and the bottom is almost out of the barrel. You need a microscope. I mean, they are plummeting rapidly, and there's no end in sight! We'll be right back folks

Hi this is Kirk Cameron and I want to tell you about the one easy trick to making money in Californian real estate...

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Saw a post on facebook that said "Too bad we lost a good one at a young age." Holy poo poo.

Can you please explain a bit further? I want to be completely disgusted, not just regular disgusted.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Lurked the comments on the local news Facebook story about MLKs 50th.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

kik2dagroin posted:

Rush has to reinforce to his listeners how important he every single show.

Isn't the guy's EIB network slogan "Talent on loan from God" or something like that? I wouldn't expect any modesty here.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Phone posted:

Can you please explain a bit further? I want to be completely disgusted, not just regular disgusted.

This usually means that all the other ones are bad ones, like "Oh I hate all those mooching negros. Not Shelly though, she's one of the good ones."

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I've been looking for it online but can't find it so far. A lead on to one of FOX News' lovely shows played soundbites of Rush calling out John Kerry, Obama and Joe Biden, among others, for being hypocrites about Syria and chemical weapons since "these same people were the ones who opposed the war in Iraq". It made my blood boil on a couple levels.

First, those people supported the first invasion of Iraq back when chemical weapons were first used and I'm pretty sure they both voted to approve the second invasion as well and only changed their minds once no WMD or chemical weapons were found.

Here's part of it. See if you can spot what's false:

quote:

The thing about this, the Syria argument, is I made the point earlier in sound bites that Obama and Kerry and all these Democrats are a bunch of hypocrites. Back in 2002, they were all accusing Bush of going into Iraq as a distraction because the recession was occurring and the economy was not that good and coming out of 9/11, and they were trying to paint the picture of Bush as an incompetent buffoon.

He was a stupid, dangerous, reckless cowboy. They were claiming that Bush didn't have any idea what he was doing. He was very, very dangerous. What was really happening back then in 2002 was that Bush did everything these guys are not doing in Syria. He went to the UN, he got a coalition, he put together partners. He went to Congress and got a use-of-force authorization. None of that has happened here. None of it!

In fact, in 2002, there were two use-of-force authorizations, because the first one the Democrats didn't all vote the "right" way on it. Public sentiment in 2002 was, by a vast majority, in favor of retaliating for 9/11. Iraq didn't start 'til 2003, but Bush was selling it in speech after speech, and the American public supported it. Well, the Democrats thought they were gonna win the 2002 midterms by opposing it all.

They found out they were on the wrong side. The Wellstone memorial backfired on 'em, and they lost big in the 2002 midterms, and they wanted a do-over on the use-of-force authorization, and they got it so that they could be on record as being on the same side as the American people. Even after that, it didn't take long before they were trying to destroy Bush on lying to them and misleading them, not just about weapons of mass destruction, but on everything.

Full transcript:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/08/27/democrat_hypocrisy_on_syria_and_iraq

Not what I was looking for but close enough.

Fake edit: Here's the one I heard and was looking for:

quote:

Now, this Syria business. If you listen to John Kerry, is it true that we're going to war over the claim that there are weapons of mass destruction in Syria? That's what chemical weapons are. Haven't we already seen this movie? Haven't we all seen it? The very people now thinking of taking us into war in Syria, aren't they the ones who steadfastly opposed this in Iraq? And then aren't these the same people that threw a party, practically, when there were no WMDs found?

Now, Obama's secretary of state, John Kerry, claims there is "undeniable evidence" that the Syrian government has used chemical weapons on its civilians. Undeniable. Now, is that as undeniable as they say global warming evidence is?

You've got to read this whole thing.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/08/27/the_race_to_blur_obama_s_red_line

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Hahaha they're all so desperate to find analogues to all of GWB's gently caress ups.

I mean poo poo, I'm not going to claim to know exactly which way to go here but I'm feeling a lot better at this point in the process knowing there's no a war profiteer in the VP spot or a guy who thinks G-d is telling him to bomb countries in the drivers seat.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Rush posted:

Public sentiment in 2002 was, by a vast majority, in favor of retaliating for 9/11. Iraq didn't start 'til 2003, but Bush was selling it in speech after speech, and the American public supported it.

When did he start openly admitting this? When did he start casually saying that Iraq was just retaliation, in the process of making some other point?

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

It looks like Fox News has wasted no time in being as classless as possible over the Chelsea Manning ordeal. Bonus points for the joke about prison rape, of course.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
I love that little snipe at global warming at the end. He even took the time to 'debunk' global warming today by saying that averages for temperatures over 100F are down :rolleyes:

quote:

You know, the global warming crowd is back. What was it, the UN, the IPP, UPP, we PP, whatever the group is. The climate science group says there's 95% certainty now that the undeniable global warming is undeniably caused by human beings. That was last week. It is a hoax. All of it. I don't know how else to say it. All of that is just wrong, and these people know it's wrong.
They're not even aware that the whole thing's been debunked. Real Science, Steven Goddard. "This summer, the US has experienced the fewest number of 100 degree readings in a century.

"The five hottest summers (1936, 1934, 1954, 1980 and 1930) all occurred with CO2 below 350 PPM." Four of these summers were before the number one cause of global warming: SUVs and fossil fuel-burning vehicles. Now, Algore made a big deal a couple weeks ago about the fact that CO2 levels have now gone past 400 parts per million this year, indicating that heat waves and carbon dioxide have nothing to do with each other, and I'm telling you that these scientists who claim otherwise are just lying or they are dangerously incompetent.

There is no warming, and there hasn't been for 15 years. They chalk that up to, "Well, there's volcanoes, and other mitigating factors. It's just a temporary interruption." But the only thing that you really need to know is, these people are out warning us of global warming, "It's a very bad thing! I mean, it's grown destroy this! It's gonna forever change the earth. It might swallow up entire coastlines and islands!" It's a very bad thing, to these people. So any news that it isn't happening auditing greeted with happiness, right?

But it isn't.
Some warming would actually be good in some parts of the world. It would actually be helpful to a lot of people, both in comfort and the production of food. "No, it's all bad. It's calamitous, in fact!" So why not be happy? And why not take the credit? Well, the answer is the political agenda depends on people believing they are responsible for it. The political agenda depends on the left being able to convince you that you are causing it, thereby giving them control over your life to supposedly stop this disaster from happening.
It's a learning exercise for me. It once again reminds me what we are up against, and it's frustrating at the same time. Because if otherwise smart people can be so easily sucked in to believe something like this, what else can they be made to believe? And we already know. "Republicans and conservatives are racist, sexist, bigot, homophobes! No question about it. In fact, the Republicans run Congress!

"That alone is justification for ignoring them when it comes to going to war, when it comes to using maybe even a one-day nuclear strike on Syria. Ah, we don't have to go through Congress; the Republicans run it. Everybody hates them! We don't have to pay attention to it. They don't even support us. So why should we go through them?" Meaning: "We're not about opposition. Any opposition to us is illegitimate. We're not gonna even acknowledge opposition." So says the president. So says the Democrat Party.

But ask yourself: We are now August 28th, and this story is absolutely true.

How many overwhelmingly, abnormally hot days have captivated the media this summer in their reporting? I don't remember, frankly, any. I don't remember a couple days in a row of the media talking about unusually warm days here or there, "which means obviously that global warming is happening," because there haven't been any of these outrageously hot, 100-degree-plus days. The evidence keeps mounting that the pro-global warming people are nothing but a bunch of political hacks.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/08/28/the_evidence_proves_global_warming_is_a_hoax_but_that_doesn_t_stop_the_left
His program today was really worse than average.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
It seems clear that the handwriting is on the wall regarding Syria in as much as "whatever Obama decides to do will be wrong." If we stay out of it, Obama's a pussy. If he orders a strike, it was either too soon or too late or he acted without congressional approval. There really is no right answer here. I think we should stay the gently caress out of it myself.

I'm waiting to see who the first right wing pundit will be that claims that the chemical weapons Syria used were the ones Saddam smuggled there back in 2002-2003 before the invasion. The ones we never found. Hannity was beating that drum pretty hard a while back when it became clear that Iraq had no WMD's; that he shipped them to Iran or Syria.

Someone's going to suggest this soon I bet.

kik2dagroin posted:

I love that little snipe at global warming at the end. He even took the time to 'debunk' global warming today by saying that averages for temperatures over 100F are down :rolleyes:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/08/28/the_evidence_proves_global_warming_is_a_hoax_but_that_doesn_t_stop_the_left

It's going to be 95 degrees in Minnesota on Saturday.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Rush Limbaugh posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, even my own staff challenges me. When I issue edicts, commands, orders, ideas, you would think that there would be overwhelming blanket acquiescence, approval, and support.

When I, a year ago, issued this ban, if you will, of MSNBC sound bites -- I'm not playing them anymore; I'm not gonna air any MSNBC bites -- I got little snarky notes from members of the staff telling me, "Boy, it was really great what was on MSNBC last night, but we can't use it." Well, let me tell you what's happened as a result of that ban. I maintain that it was this program propping up whatever audience they had.

Because in the year that we have banned MSNBC, their audience has declined by over half. They barely have an audience. They're down... I don't know what the real numbers are. I've got 'em here somewhere. But they're barely above being noted in Nielson. They have continued to slide every rating period since we instituted the ban. They have lost audience, and the full-year tab is in, and they are down huge. It's inside baseball media is talking about it.

Now, they're not (of course) associating it with being banned here. (interruption) Oh, they're much lower than CNN! I mean, you can't see 'em. I'm telling you, they're bottom of the barrel, and the bottom is almost out of the barrel. You need a microscope. I mean, they are plummeting rapidly, and there's no end in sight, and it coincides with my instituting a ban of all MSNBC sound bites on this program.

I'm having a hard time telling if this is his enormous ego or him thinking his fans are absolutely ignorant (because both are true, you see).

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

kik2dagroin posted:

Good to see the old "It's cold outside today so global warming can't be real" failure to understand the difference between weather and climate is still alive and well.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune
Look, folks, let me tell you how local temperature fluctuations debunk global warmi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ5os03KejY&t=119s

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.

Control for geographic region and I bet that liberal v. conservative dichotomy would completely break down.

CarterUSM
Mar 17, 2004
Cornfield aviator
Ladies and gentlemen, retired Major Jerry Curry, on the Daily Caller, knows that the White Man's Burden is definitely the way to go:

What the gently caress, over? posted:

"Restoring black families and the positive affect they traditionally have had on our communities and cities has to be one of our main efforts. With 72 % of all black babies being born out of wedlock and half of the others aborted, the black American family and the black community have fallen into decay, disrepute, and disrepair. They need a good old fashioned dose of leadership from people who genuinely care about them, their communities and their futures.

"The question is can these families and communities ever be reconstituted again, and do we have a sufficient number of black leaders who can and are able to shoulder the vision and burdens of a Martin Luther King, Jr.? Can Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton do it? If the answer is no, and I believe it is, then America’s white leadership will have to get rid of them and select their replacements.

"Why don’t I suggest that Black Democrats select the replacements? Because Black Democrats are fine for house work, but not for doing heavy lifting.
Name one that has put forward a meaningful call to action with a plan to restore the black family and community. You can’t. And black Republicans don’t count in this discussion because as elections show, more than 90% of the black community is Democrat and Democrat controlled."
http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/26/ret-major-general-jerry-curry-calling-out-black-leaders-for-shorty-belton/

Note that both black Democrats and black Republicans are told to get lost. The only way to improve the negros' situation is to put white people in charge of 'em!

I genuinely had to make sure this wasn't an Onion troll when I read it.

Edit: just saw this was posted over in the GOP rebuilding thread, too. Can't get enough crispy, crunchy racism I guess!

CarterUSM fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 28, 2013

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

CarterUSM posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, retired Major Jerry Curry, on the Daily Caller, knows that the White Man's Burden is definitely the way to go:

http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/26/ret-major-general-jerry-curry-calling-out-black-leaders-for-shorty-belton/

Note that both black Democrats and black Republicans are told to get lost. The only way to improve the negros' situation is to put white people in charge of 'em!

I genuinely had to make sure this wasn't an Onion troll when I read it.

Racism Is Over yaaaayyy :neckbeard: :patriot:

Also "fine for house work"? Jesus loving christ.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

CarterUSM posted:

No loving way. This can't be real.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I cannot and will not accept that this is real. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
There's never even a hint that maybe it should be the GOP who stands down and courts black people in earnest, or at least start some shunning of their own people who are going all in against THE FERAL BLACKS. It's always "Gosh! These animals can't control themselves and they're destroying their own communities! If only they would open their eyes and vote for us (while we're in the middle of a nationwide effort to disenfranchise them)"

I mean that poo poo is the definition of tone deaf if it's not just outright Romney style "I'm going to chide them to look cool to my racist friends"

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
I can't believe it, but Fox Nation has the tamest comments of anything I've seen. Most people saying something racist get challenged, albeit from the same six or so posters.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, this really isn't satire? I'm honestly asking, is that satire? Did this really actually happen?

quote:

The news media and the current White House Administration don’t seem to care how many white Americans are murdered by black teenagers; rather, their actions and speech encourages racial violence and polarization. The American sub- culture has bred derelict families awash in video games and nose and lip rings, sporting dark green, blue and black tattoos, going around jerking, bopping, weaving, rapping and Hip Hopping, with their baggy pants falling off their butts. This isn’t “cool;” it is embarrassingly crude and stupid, and black leaders should loudly say so.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/26/ret-major-general-jerry-curry-calling-out-black-leaders-for-shorty-belton/#ixzz2dJ8Yjr7J

oh my god. oh my god

oh my god

:negative:

quote:

In addition to providing work there has to be a way to teach moral values and self- reliance, accountability and a work ethic, things their families, churches and schools should have taught them but didn’t. We do not need crime and drug infested cities like Detroit and Chicago involved in the process, cities that celebrate corruption, criminality, and victimization.

I, I, I, I, I, I, :psyduck:

empty whippet box fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Aug 29, 2013

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Right wing media megathread: jerking, bopping, weaving, rapping and Hip Hopping

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

quote:

sporting dark green, blue and black tattoos

Well that's oddly specific

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Warchicken posted:

What, you're not coming to the annual Corruption, Criminality, and Victimization Parade this year?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Good Citizen posted:

Right wing media megathread: jerking, bopping, weaving, rapping and Hip Hopping

Seriously its like something a sitcom old guy trying to connect with today's youth would say

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Seriously its like something a sitcom old guy trying to connect with today's youth would say

That's because it is an old Bill Cosby bit

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Well that's oddly specific

Well if they color themselves white they'll be better people and furthermore

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

BiggerBoat posted:

It's going to be 95 degrees in Minnesota on Saturday.

That's under 100 in my book :smug:

edit

I'm more surprised that Maj Gen Curry piece went up on TDC. That seems a bit far, even for them.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 29, 2013

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Mel Mudkiper posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdKyxCORelk

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

CarterUSM posted:

Two hundred years ago, I'd have been using that phrase unironically and wearing t-shirts of the first Governor General of Bengal. And am descended from German Baltic merchants who sort of did the equivalent for the benighted savages of Poland, Estonia and Russia.

Major Curry, just say the phrase. You know you want to.

You'll feel so free.

Edit:

Warchicken posted:

the best things

You know, this guy should get a pass for not capitalizing and punctuating. He's suffered enough.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Warchicken posted:

Wait, this really isn't satire? I'm honestly asking, is that satire? Did this really actually happen?

oh my god. oh my god

oh my god

:negative:

First thing that came to mind was this:

Victor Lundberg - An Open Letter to My Teenage Son

60's dad taking a super-conservative position on all of these youth happenings of our crazy modern world.

I've always liked it because it's a good reminder that conservatives are always wrong.