Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
actually the latest breaking bad special was cool. the body in a bathtub of acid was legit interesting, i just wish they did the giant electromagnet myth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

MindSet posted:

remember when discovery showed shows about science and nature and stuff? that was cool.

all this stuff is now on the science channel. they just wanted to be more accurate. also premium cable money.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

heartbuster kari

she's almost 40 :wow:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

BANME.sh posted:

quality of myths aside, mythbusters used to seem relatively unscripted. the banter was completely adlib, and jamie and adam usually got into some serious arguments a few times. it felt way more genuine.

now it's entirely 100% scripted and it's so completely obvious. adam does his "hey guys im so zany" routine and jamie does his "harrumph im old and serious" schtick.

plus now kari tori and grant are off in their own studio as well. they interact with adam and jamie maybe once per season and there's always this awkwardness in the air. i wonder if there was a falling out.

when they found that ancient jar thingie and decided it was a battery and then rigged it up to the ark of the covenant and shocked jamie with it something else

iirc he was legit pissed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0SEBFGGEcI

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

heartbuster kari

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

BANME.sh posted:

NEWSFLASH: attractive people can be attractive at any age

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
agreed

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!

Sudo Echo posted:

all this stuff is now on the science channel. they just wanted to be more accurate. also premium cable money.

ah yes, 'the unexplained files', 'alien autopsy', and 'how its made' and 'survivorman' marathons are truly great programming

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

brian cox is literally the only thing on Science worth watching. The morgan freeman science hour was loving godawful.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
hey now i enjoy watching dumbass 20 year olds craft parts to supercars in how it's made: dream cars

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

MindSet posted:

brian cox is literally the only thing on Science worth watching. The morgan freeman science hour was loving godawful.
wrong he is very bad

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

chumpchous posted:

wrong he is very bad

in the land of the blind...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BANME.sh posted:

actually the latest breaking bad special was cool. the body in a bathtub of acid was legit interesting, i just wish they did the giant electromagnet myth

the giant electromagnet was so obviously bullshit it was beneath them

rofled a few weeks ago when they revisited the pole splits boat myth and the boat knocked the pole down

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

BANME.sh posted:

so are most yosposters

...we're talking BMI, right?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

FMguru posted:

so are most yosposters

...we're talking BMI, right?

lol she's not fat talk about male gaze jesus christ

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

chubby chasers itt

Safety Biscuits fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 28, 2013

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

MindSet posted:

in the land of the blind...

if i wanted to awtch a guy standing on top of a hill i'd watch the 10 commandments or something

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

chumpchous posted:

lol she's not fat talk about male gaze jesus christ

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

so, im watching bsg, are the humans christians and the cylons jews?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Hashtag Nascar posted:

no, they're your mom both of them

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

chumpchous posted:

no, they're your mom both of them

ok, that makes more sense :waycool:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
she was a big fan of the adama maneuver

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
(i've never seen the show)

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Hashtag Nascar posted:

the cylons are mormons

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Mormons are a pretty terrible newer pseudo religious offshoot, so that makes more sense

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
yeah the desert is the space of america

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

chumpchous posted:

yeah the desert is the space of america

heres hoping that we abandon sending people there because its too expensive also

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
rutger hauer's delivery of the tears in rain line is so perfect. like the way he looks self satisfied, almost smug, realizing he'd achieved whatever kind of true sentience or humanity the film is about. and also how i am drunk

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
mormons are loving weird

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
watched 12 monkeys tonight, still total ownage

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Crasscrab posted:

mormons are loving weird

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

chumpchous posted:

(i've never seen the show)

it's only the miniseries and 2 seasons it doesn't take that long to watch

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Crasscrab posted:

mormons are loving weird

give them a thousand years and they'll be perfectly normal like every other group of people who believe the invisible magic superhero in the sky is going to solve all their problems

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
the only mormon i know is my incredibly racist manchild uncle

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

pseudorandom name posted:

give them a thousand years and they'll be perfectly normal like every other group of people who believe the invisible magic superhero in the sky is going to solve all their problems

i used to believe this but born again christians are still crazy as gently caress

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

are they cannibal vampires like the catholics?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

BANME.sh posted:

the secret sauce to add to sulfuric acid is 30% hydrogen peroxide. that mix is called Piranha solution, and can really wreck organic material. for some reason all youtubes with Piranha solution are filmed with potatoes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX2IbsL9c4A

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Moist von Lipwig posted:

i used to believe this but born again christians are still crazy as gently caress

crazy rear end eschatological evangelism is only about as old as mormonism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
local theater decided to do a couple months of old sci-fi movies on wednesdays. like e.t., aliens, galaxy quest, etc.

last night was wrath of khan. supposedly "digitally remastered". looks great, they had it on their giant 70' screen.

first half of the movie was loving rad.

then someone's brownies kicked in and i got to spend the second half listening to some dipshit piss party cackle at what seemed like every other line at times.

i mean, don't get me wrong, there's funny moments. i'll even concede some unintentionally funny moments. but this was excessive and obnoxious.

• Locked thread