Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

atomicthumbs posted:

It just seems odd for the person with the Maserati to do the same "go parks the car by a vineyard or something and take a couple photos, write a bit, and throw it up there" thing as the person selling a Miata.

RICH PEOPLE! JUST LIKE YOU AND ME!
Although not rich myself, I grew up in a very rich area. It sort of amuses that people who are not rich really think the lives of the "wealthy"[Note: Millionaires are not billionaires, I don't know the latter] are so radically different from their own.
The richest person I know [defined as having his cell number] is worth 80+ million. Last time I saw him, he did the dishes after we cooked. LIKE A POOR PERSON! He also slept on the couch. LIKE A DRUNK PERSON! Well, not really "like" a drunk person...

Also, because this is AI: He drives an E60.

Content:
1978 Ford Fairmont Dragster: Cuz gently caress you, thats why!
Also "New"?
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3917399144.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

atomicthumbs posted:

Ah, I didn't see the pictures of the interior and engine bay on the dealer's site.

It just seems odd for the person with the Maserati to do the same "go parks the car by a vineyard or something and take a couple photos, write a bit, and throw it up there" thing as the person selling a Miata.

Rich people... they're just like us!

Edit: I'm glad I don't have any more room - otherwise I would probably own this.

StormDrain fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 23, 2013

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Tai-Pan posted:

Although not rich myself, I grew up in a very rich area. It sort of amuses that people who are not rich really think the lives of the "wealthy"[Note: Millionaires are not billionaires, I don't know the latter] are so radically different from their own.

Although it seems like a slightly bigger pain in the rear end to transact an $80k vehicle than a $12k Miata, which I would try to avoid if I could afford it.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

StormDrain posted:

Although it seems like a slightly bigger pain in the rear end to transact an $80k vehicle than a $12k Miata, which I would try to avoid if I could afford it.

Not really?
If that surprises you, you would astounded by how many hard-money transactions occur on a regular basis.
Wiring money is pretty standard these days too.
Most rich people didn't get that way by being lazy and ignorant.

Tai-Pan fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 23, 2013

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

atomicthumbs posted:

Ah, I didn't see the pictures of the interior and engine bay on the dealer's site.

If he's asking that much he's clearly in no hurry to sell it. If he's actually taken care of it the way he claims then the right buyer will show up eventually. Besides, I don't think you have to pitch a Maserati GranTurismo. If you know what it is, have the money to buy it, and want it, there's not much more to say besides "It's in excellent condition, come see it."

Personally I'm #1 and #3. I only wish I was #2.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
It's less than 50 cents a pound! My dad says that's not a good reason to buy it, I'm not so sure.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4003339636.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Ask him to come down to 46 cents a pound, that's what we pay for steel where I work.

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!

rscott posted:

Did he swap late model bumpers on that thing or are those aftermarket? I thought it was a PITA to put the late model bumpers on 86s. Definitely giving me ideas for stuff to do to my 86 325es down the line though. :getin:

Nope, he drilled into the bumper shocks and squeezed out the fluid so they compressed about 4 inches to "tuck" the aluminum bumpers into the body. Great if you want to look slightly more euro than stock, terrible if you ever tap into anything because you'll screw the unibody. I can't bitch about it too much, I scooped the foam out of my '82 Alfa Romeo's front bumper to tuck it and I haven't had any negative effects... of course I haven't taken the thing out of my mom's garage in over a year.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

rscott posted:

Did he swap late model bumpers on that thing or are those aftermarket? I thought it was a PITA to put the late model bumpers on 86s. Definitely giving me ideas for stuff to do to my 86 325es down the line though. :getin:

They're just painted metal bumpers that are tucked well. 84-87s can swap front valences/bumpers relatively easily, but rears require some cutting, and it looks awkward because the rear of the car is actually different on 88-91s.

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!

atomicthumbs posted:

Is this a grey-market M 635csi, or did someone stick M badges on a 635csi to try to make people think it was an M6?

No. It's a perfectly pearly white market 635csi owned by an OCD dude with badge envy. He was probably an older dude with at least two ex wives. That car is loving gorgeous though and I want it, bullshit badging or not.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
If both it and I weren't in California, I'd buy that this loving second and put a big turbo on it. And then the "M635CSi" would surpass its genuine cousins. Just like the ugly duckling.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
http://olympic.craigslist.org/cto/4022221282.html

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Everyone wants a mid engined, all wheel drive minivan.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

http://medford.craigslist.org/cto/4023425427.html

1989 BMW 750iL E32 Parts Car or Fix Transmission - $500 (Central Point)

Somebody buy this and put the engine in a 3/5 series. Thanks in advance.

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 25, 2013

1st Edition ADandD
Aug 31, 2009

Tai-Pan posted:

Too bad about the price? You think $11k is too much for, possibly, the coolest car on the road in the entire planet?

Seriously though, how loving fun does that thing look? Does it even have shoulder belts? Going around (I am guessing Sam Houston Speedway) must be terrifying. How much fun would it be to pass someone in that beast?

Edit: I want to point out I am not being sarcastic. I actually really like it.

Sir Tonk posted:

One more. Too bad about the price, I'd buy it just for the interior.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3977800266.html

Lapping someone in that car would be literally this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToFErVHAuLQ

It'd be tempting to put a 5mph bumper on it so you could collect FT86s like bugs.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Tai-Pan posted:

Too bad about the price? You think $11k is too much for, possibly, the coolest car on the road in the entire planet?

Seriously though, how loving fun does that thing look? Does it even have shoulder belts? Going around (I am guessing Sam Houston Speedway) must be terrifying. How much fun would it be to pass someone in that beast?

Edit: I want to point out I am not being sarcastic. I actually really like it.

I sent him a couple of emails. Seems like a cool dude and he's very flexible on the price. 70's Lincolns that get under 10mpg just don't sell like they used to.

I really want a Mark III and a Mark IV, but I need a warehouse to store all these cars in before that can happen. (Any Houston AI goons that want to share a workshop and car storage space, PM me)

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 26, 2013

cormorant
Nov 3, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
http://hartford.craigslist.org/mcy/3982766531.html

Well that's an interesting parking space. Also, There's a car in this ad with a license plate that's been featured around here lately.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Anybody else notice how hard it is to find an unmolested early 90's CRX HF that doesn't look like poo poo? They're usually either a JDM Japanophiles wet dream or MAD SUPER TYTE MODZ WITH ENGINE SWAP YO! Which completely defeats the purpose of an HF. If I wanted an SI, I'd just buy an SI not buy an HF and throw an SI engine in it and call it good. loving Craigslisters..

1st Edition ADandD posted:

Lapping someone in that car would be literally this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToFErVHAuLQ

I now impulsively need that car just to pass people with that blaring. Thanks. :(
I also have the perfect leopard print winter coat to go with driving it that I got at a yard sale for 50 cents. It was worth every penny.

keykey fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Aug 26, 2013

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

keykey posted:

Anybody else notice how hard it is to find an unmolested early 90's CRX HF that doesn't look like poo poo? They're usually either a JDM Japanophiles wet dream or MAD SUPER TYTE MODZ WITH ENGINE SWAP YO! Which completely defeats the purpose of an HF. If I wanted an SI, I'd just buy an SI not buy an HF and throw an SI engine in it and call it good. loving Craigslisters..

Well, it was the lightest CRX by some margin. As such, they would be attractive for people who wanted to autocross or track the car. Besides, the HF sorta blows as a DD in my opinion; I'd rather have a loaded Si with Power Windows etc., Power Steering, Rear discs and air conditioning if I needed to drive it on the street. Track car? I'd definitely want an HF Shell.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

cormorant posted:

http://hartford.craigslist.org/mcy/3982766531.html

Well that's an interesting parking space. Also, There's a car in this ad with a license plate that's been featured around here lately.

This bike looks good in every aspect of your life

Be it behind your Benz,

or next to your flatscreen.

You'll look fresh with this Ducati.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
This probably goes here.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/4016083421.html

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Well, I suppose if you're going to go fart can you might as well go whole hog, right?

edit: I just showed that ad to my GIRLFRIEND and she's seen that car before, but it didn't have the fart can on the roof at the time.

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 27, 2013

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
$600 for TWO of them:
http://hattiesburg.craigslist.org/cto/4000524942.html

There's no pictures but he's promising two Celicas and they are in Mississippi. I wish my wife would allow me to go get them.

sft7w-4000524942@sale.craigslist.org posted:

Have a l973 and 1974 Toyota Celica. The '74 did run, but needs a battery or starter. The '73 is just basically a parts car that could be used to restore the '74. The '74 is fairly rough, but is all there. Have titles on both vehicles. Just need them gone out of the yard. Call 601-544-3295.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Citycop posted:

$600 for TWO of them:
http://hattiesburg.craigslist.org/cto/4000524942.html

There's no pictures but he's promising two Celicas and they are in Mississippi. I wish my wife would allow me to go get them.
Yeah, you definitely don't need them since yours is so immaculate! Lucky bastage!

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
How to die:

1) Obtain viper chassis with no safety equipment or doors.
2) Armor-all the gently caress out of the tires.
3) Die.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-V...ht_58534wt_1165

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
I don't think you could design a better dirt magnet. I wonder what the reserve is, right now the bid is at $5600 and that would be a hell of a price for that driveline setup.

I think the motor is too big for my Celica though.

Citycop fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Aug 27, 2013

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
http://olympic.craigslist.org/cto/3972687952.html

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

I've been laughing at this loving thing since I saw it on ADVRider.
Average chinese ute with all the trimmings and pretty low mileage.

ebay posted:

2011 Great Wall V200.

2.0 turbo Diesel.

20 inch OX wheels - 600kms only
Nudge bar
Sports bar
Side steps
R.M Williams seat covers
Reverse camera
Tanneau cover
Fire extingisher
Will come with 12 months rego

Have had this ute since new, great ute to drive and has only done highway driving when i use it, that is why it only has 7000kms.

Have full service history, still has 1 year warranty, puls extenteded 5 year warranty if seviced by a Great Wall dealer.

Body kit on ute has been approved by the RTA, have certificate to prove it as shown in the photos.

IF YOU HAVE ANY SMART ARSE COMMENTS DON'T BOTHER BECAUSE I HAVE HAD THEM ALL BEFORE.
Well, what could prompt that message.

Oh.

More pictures on the ebay listing. Just for fun, I looked up what they sell for new. Great Wall V200 4x4 - $27000AU.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

$27000 for a made in China 4x4? Is it just me or does that sound a little steep?

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Welcome to Australia, an equivalent Hilux is about $45000AU (probably more, can't get a quote without contacting a dealer so I'm basing this off the price for an extra cab a local dealer has in stock).

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Are those... VW Headlights?

Chinese cars scare me something terrible, but have they gotten past the "completely dangerous knockoff" phase?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

quote:

If you're reading this ad, you're clearly a person of sophisticated tastes. You enjoy the finer things in life. You deserve the best. But you would prefer that it doesn't cost a lot of money.

And that's where I come in. More specifically, that's where the vehicle I'm peddling here on eBay comes in.

We're talking about an automotive legend. We're talking about a 1994 BMW 540i.

A quick bit of history, the '94 BMW 5 series is known internally as an E34 platform, and is known as one of the most reliable cars BMW ever built. The 540i was powered by a 4.0L V8, producing 286hp and 300 ft lbs of torque. This was mated to a 5 speed automatic transmission (or a super-rare 6 speed manual), and was good for a 0-60 sprint in 6.4 seconds and a top speed of 129mph (computer limited).

Anyway, back to this particular 540i. The car is a lovely hunter green over tan leather, has power windows and locks, cruise control, power telescoping steering wheel, power moonroof, cold A/C, and a 6 disc CD changer in the trunk. The body is very solid, no dents. The interior is drat close to being excellent, even the driver's side seat shows very little wear. The rear seat is practically new.

The car has Michelin Pilot tires on it with very good tread on them, the wheels are in excellent condition. The car also carries a RI inspection current through March of 2014, which is always nice. Hell, I could technically even say the car has low mileage, since it's only been driven 11k miles a year and 15k is 'average', but frankly I'd sound like an idiot calling a car with 211k miles 'low mileage'.

The engine runs excellently, smooth and very powerful. Transmission shifts into all gears. The car drives like a BMW...the suspension is taut, the steering is responsive and nicely weighted, the brakes are smooth, and the car tracks nice and straight.

Now there are a few small flaws. That hunter green paint I talked about earlier? It's a little faded in some places. That tan leather interior we fondly discussed? There's a rip on the seam of the driver's side arm rest. Some of the stitching came apart on the steering wheel, there's a little bit of rust on the hood, and another little spot ahead of the right rear wheel well. And that's really about it.

I'm not asking much for this fine German automobile. My reserve is well under $1800, so bid it up and get it out of my driveway.

Let me know if you have any questions, or want pictures of a particular part of the car.

Sure it's an auto but if it's really going for $1800 that's a pretty good deal.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

1984 VW RABBIT GTI $850

http://pennstate.craigslist.org/cto/4029757377.html

If I wasn't broke as gently caress and trying to settle the nasty poo poo on my credit report I'd be giving this serious thought.

worse than bronies
Aug 28, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Tai-Pan posted:

The richest person I know [defined as having his cell number] is worth 80+ million. Last time I saw him, he did the dishes after we cooked. LIKE A POOR PERSON! He also slept on the couch. LIKE A DRUNK PERSON! Well, not really "like" a drunk person...

I think not having to worry about anything, ever, is pretty different from normal people. Like, having so much capital that you can achieve literally anything you wish? Kinda out there, man.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

worse than bronies posted:

I think not having to worry about anything, ever, is pretty different from normal people. Like, having so much capital that you can achieve literally anything you wish? Kinda out there, man.

I would achieve an internet without poor people if I were rich. Less whining about being hungry and having water dripping on you. Anyway my local town had a car show and the rich guys with lambos and 427 cobras were nice enough to fire them up and scare all the old ladies if you asked. It was pretty drat cool. The old guys with MGBs and Austins were more worried about OMG don't touch it. They were complaining that grill smoke from 50 feet away was ruining the cars. The guy with a Ferrari 599 let every kid sit in it in contrast. In summation, being around poor people sucks more then being poor.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

worse than bronies posted:

Meh, this AI so I won't derail further, but I will say in my limited experience, rich people worry just about as much as anyone else.

Aside from being evicted/being hungry they worry about the same or different things. Losing all their money, being scammed, having their companies collapse, whether their angel investments will fail, whether their employees like them, whether their kids will get cancer, whether their spouse is cheating, etc, etc.

Rich people tend to be extremely smart and hard working (at least the ones in my world, I don't know old money). They don't sit around having butlers rub their feet while they lay around in hammock.

If by "achieve anything you want" you mean "buy a 918", ya they could do that. But most of these guys are setting much more ambitious goals for themselves and busting their rear end to do it, like "take my second company public".

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Discussion on the plight of the rich can wait, there's Craigslist ads to look at:

quote:

1986 SUBURBAN REBORN AS A LIFTED HOT ROD TRUCK

VIN: 1G8CK26M8GF119236

We will take a best offer!!! Make us an offer!!!!

OVER 35K INVESTED

CALL 509- 464-2980 IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

OVER 7K IN CHROME, OVER 5K IN PAINT, OVER 12K IN MOTOR, OVER 3K IN TRANSMISSION AND TRANSFER CASE, OVER 2K IN DIFFERENTIALS AND DRIVELINES, OVER 2K IN FRONT END SUSPENSION, LIFT, SPRINGS, LADDER BARS AND BRAKES, OVER 1K IN TIRES AND RIMS, OVER 1K IN FACTORY PARTS LIKE LAMPS, ACTUATORS DOOR LOCKS, WINDOW MOTORS, ELECTRICAL & VACUUM PARTS, HEATER/ AC CONTROLS, WINDSHIELD WIPER/HIGH BEAM CONTROLS BATTERY TRAYS ETC, OVER $500 IN AFTERMARKET PARTS REAR LIGHTS, PREDATOR FRONT GRILL, FRONT BONNET WITH LIGHTS, SPOILER, $HUNDREDS IN MISCELLANEOUS PARTS AND COUNTLESS HOURS OF LABOR.

COMPLETE RE CHROME PLUS MOST OF THE ENGINE

PAINT JOB: CUSTOM BLUE PEARL PAINT JOB, AIRBRUSH CLOUD FROM TAILGATE WITH

LIGHTENING BOLTS DOWN SIDES OF CAR/ HOOD SCOOP FLAMES

ENGINE: 1970 454 COMPLETE REBUILD, ALL NEW PARTS IN THE LONG BLOCK, MACHINED, BALANCED AND TRICKED OUT NOTHING STOCK, CRANE, CROWER, WEIAND, ELDEBROCK, HOLLEY, B & M, MOROSO ECT.

ALL NEW PARTS & CHROMED: WATER PUMP, TIMING COVER, TALL VALVE COVERS FOR THE ROLLER ROCKERS, AIR CLEANER, STAINLESS STEEL HEADERS, STAINLESS STEEL HARDWARE (BOLTS), PULLEYS, HEAVY DUTY FAN, POWER STEERING PUMP, ALTERNATOR, STARTER, MASTER CYLINDER, (NEW POWER BOOSTER PAINTED SAME COLOR AS ENGINE BAY, DEEP SUMP OIL PAN, ENGINE BLOCK AND TRUCK ITSELF). NEW CUSTOM CHROME WIPER RESERVOIR AND RADIATOR OVERFLOW.

PARTS: COMPLETE NEW A/C SYSTEM POLISHED WEIAND INTAKE MANIFOLD, HOLLEY 850 DOUBLE PUMPER, STEEL BRAIDED LINES, AUXILIARY FAN, TRANSMISSION COOLER AND OTHER ASSORTED PARTS.

CHROMED: HOOD HINGES, HOOD LATCH, DUAL BATTERY TRAYS, RADIATOR TOP PLATE AND STRAPS. CHROMED DIFFERENTIAL COVERS, DRIVER AND PASSENGER REAR VIEW MIRRORS, DOOR HANDLES, DRIP EDGES, BUMPERS WITH NEW RUBBER, FRONT PREDATOR (HIDDEN LIGHT) GRILL, HANDLES FOR BACK SEAT ENTRY.

TRANSMISSION: TURBO 400 HEAVY DUTY REBUILD, TOWING SHIFT KIT, RV LOW STALL SPEED CONVERTER, RACING B&M SHIFTER, NEW AUXILIARY COOLER, BALANCED TO ENGINE, FLYWHEEL, NEW PROCESS 208 TRANSFER CASE.

NEW FRONT AND REAR DRIVELINES, DIFFERENTIALS REBUILT: NEW AXIALS, SEALS, ETC. DANA 60, 4.56 GEARING, 14 BOLT (HEAVY DUTY)(2.5 INCH BRAKES) REAR AXLE LOCK- RITE LOCKER. 4 WHEEL DRIVE LOCKING / FREE FRONT HUBS, DANA 44 FRONT AXLE 10 BOLT FRONT DIFFERENTIAL.

NEW FRONT AND REAR BRAKES, REAR WHEEL CYLINDERS, DRUMS AND PADS. FRONT, ROTORS, CALIPERS PADS AND WHEEL BEARINGS.

FRONT SUSPENSION NEW, RAISED TRUCK WITH HEAVY DUTY MUD BOGGER FRONT LEAF SPRINGS, 2 INCH ADD A LEAF AND 4 INCH BLOCKS IN THE REAR, PRO COMPETITION LADDER BARS.

TIRES & RIMS 35 X 12.5 X 16.5 BF GOODRICH MUD TERRAIN BAJA CHAMPION TIRES ON AMERICAN RACING CHROME & BLACK RIMS.

ELECTRICAL,NEW LAMPS, BULBS, LOW BEAM, HIGH BEAMS, REAR AND TURN SIGNALS, ACTUATORS FOR DOOR LOCKS, MOTORS FOR POWER WINDOWS, WINDSHIELD/WIPER RESERVOIR MOTOR AND EXTRA PARTS. NEW WIPER/ HIGH BEAM CONTROLS ON STEERING COLUMN, ALL NEW LIGHTS IN DASH BOARD, NEW A/C HEATER CONTROLS IN DASH.

INTERIOR: ORIGINAL LIGHT BLUE/GRAY PRETTY GOOD SHAPE WITH AFTER MARKET GAUGES IN DASHBOARD, RACING STEERING WHEEL AND FLOOR MOUNTED RACING SHIFTER, DASH COVER, SHEEPSKIN SEAT COVERS AND ALPINE STEREO.

THIS TRUCK IS ALMOST A COMPLETE REBUILD, PERFECT TOY TO PUT YOUR OWN FINISHING TOUCHES TO, HAVE FUN WHEELING AROUND WITH YOUR BEST GAL OR GO COMPLETE SHOW CAR/ CLUB ENTHUSIAST, IT IS UP TO YOU, KEEP IN MIND SINCE THE REBUILD THE TRUCK DOES NOT EVEN HAVE 500 MILES.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

razorscooter posted:

Discussion on the plight of the rich can wait, there's Craigslist ads to look at:

That guy got taken for some serious rides. Who spends $12k on a 1970 454 rebuild?

mcsquared
Nov 19, 2005

Tai-Pan posted:

Meh, this AI so I won't derail further, but I will say in my limited experience, rich people worry just about as much as anyone else.

Aside from being evicted/being hungry they worry about the same or different things. Losing all their money, being scammed, having their companies collapse, whether their angel investments will fail, whether their employees like them, whether their kids will get cancer, whether their spouse is cheating, etc, etc.

Rich people tend to be extremely smart and hard working (at least the ones in my world, I don't know old money). They don't sit around having butlers rub their feet while they lay around in hammock.

If by "achieve anything you want" you mean "buy a 918", ya they could do that. But most of these guys are setting much more ambitious goals for themselves and busting their rear end to do it, like "take my second company public".

I won't derail any further, but here is a bunch of bullshit about how worrying about taking your company public is just the same as losing your house or not eating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Aside from literally worrying about their survival rich people are just like you and me!!! Also my name is Pangloss and this is the best of all possible worlds