Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Tiggum posted:

That's the entire thing. There are the Gary Busey ads for Saints Row 2 if those are useful to you though.
Throwing People was my favourite one.
And I never noticed back then, but over half the characters in those clips are proper ones from the game, not just random citizens.

You have the Would You Rather... video too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVV3MrQ4SpY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blurry!
Jun 14, 2006

Sorry for Party Flocking
While I'm waiting for the modding community to create a Replay Mission/Cinematic function, I started a second playthrough using cheats (I got everything the first time around so I don't feel compelled to do the busywork of grinding out all that poo poo again), and I've noticed my first non-nitpicky complaint that doesn't have to do with me simply missing the characterization of the boss in SR2. Despite the great options for customization, there's actually a serious lack of good cinematics that feature your fully decked out boss. There's the early cinematic in the White Crib where you get to see your Boss (via your Gallery) interacting with everyone, but I'm rescuing Matt now and I've yet to see a cinematic that didn't have your boss in the space suit or a provided outfit. In fact, I'm drawing a blank here in trying to remember any cinematics that take place in the simulation besides the Boss entering the bar. Maybe I'm misremembering but I have to say this is actually a legitimate grievance with an otherwise great game, and I think its one of the few areas where SRTT actually outperforms SRIV.

One of the most fun parts of the previous Saints Row games, both 2 and 3, were seeing how your cool/bizarre Boss looked against all the other characters.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I would like a DLC mission where the Boss gets caught in some corrupt part of the simulation and has to confront the SR2 Boss, who would look just like your character but maybe have some glowing red parts to the face as another Mass Effect gag. Asha had a version of the Boss in her mission, but that was explained to be a representation of her failure rather than an actual representation of the Boss. The two Bosses could go back and forth about how one grew soft and weak and that's why they lost Earth while the other could point out how remorselessly insane the other was and nothing good ever came from staying in that mindset.

I thought the '50's simulation was more what Zinyak thought the Boss would consider hell instead of what the Boss and most of the team actually fears, which is reflecting on past failures.

With a proper doppelganger fight, there could be Highlander/The One/Twin Snakes references abound.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Action Tortoise posted:

I would like a DLC mission where the Boss gets caught in some corrupt part of the simulation and has to confront the SR2 Boss, who would look just like your character but maybe have some glowing red parts to the face as another Mass Effect gag. Asha had a version of the Boss in her mission, but that was explained to be a representation of her failure rather than an actual representation of the Boss. The two Bosses could go back and forth about how one grew soft and weak and that's why they lost Earth while the other could point out how remorselessly insane the other was and nothing good ever came from staying in that mindset.

I thought the '50's simulation was more what Zinyak thought the Boss would consider hell instead of what the Boss and most of the team actually fears, which is reflecting on past failures.

With a proper doppelganger fight, there could be Highlander/The One/Twin Snakes references abound.

Well, not only do they already cover that ground with the Shaundis, but you already end up fighting the SR1 and SR2 default bosses as well, so that might be just a bit of a rehash.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Replaying SR3 while this patch poo poo gets sorted out. There's only one cartoon character up to the task of taking on the dweebs of Steelport:

Note: I don't even like that stupid cartoon and I think bronies are stupid yet I find this character funny and a good match for the Laura Bailey voice. And I found a use for the cat eyes!

blurry!
Jun 14, 2006

Sorry for Party Flocking

Crappy Jack posted:

Well, not only do they already cover that ground with the Shaundis, but you already end up fighting the SR1 and SR2 default bosses as well, so that might be just a bit of a rehash.

Well you fight them as just superpowered NPCs, you don't fight them in a personal battle. I would like to see that, I wouldn't consider it a rehash at all, and in fact it'd be a really great way of building on the self-aware meta-narrative SR4 has. There's several points where you feel that the Boss has her dark past/evil deeds thrown in her face, such as the false choice given by Zinyak during Matt's rescue. A confrontation with your true evil twin who turns out to be the hardest enemy in the game would be a fitting climax to the overall introspective personal drama.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
But you already did that, and it was addressed.

Asha's mission was perfect because it was a criticism of how the boss was not a sociopath anymore, and that evil twin was more so like the SR2 boss.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Starhawk64 posted:

Replaying SR3 while this patch poo poo gets sorted out. There's only one cartoon character up to the task of taking on the dweebs of Steelport:

Note: I don't even like that stupid cartoon and I think bronies are stupid yet I find this character funny and a good match for the Laura Bailey voice. And I found a use for the cat eyes!

I have no idea who this is supposed to be. :psyduck:

PicklesMcGillicuddy
May 28, 2010

I DO NOT EAT HUMAN FOOD; I ONLY EAT
PINE CONES

titties posted:

Has anyone seen a Rattler outside of the chrome one you get early in the game? I haven't been able to find one yet.

I remember someone asking this earlier without an answer, and I can't find anything on google. 40+ hours of running around Steelport, and I think I maybe saw one but I can't be sure because it blew up before I could get close.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

PicklesMcGillicuddy posted:

I remember someone asking this earlier without an answer, and I can't find anything on google. 40+ hours of running around Steelport, and I think I maybe saw one but I can't be sure because it blew up before I could get close.

It must seriously be the rarest vehicle spawn in all of Steelport because I can see a dozen Attrazones and Temptresses in an hour and I've still never seen a Rattler outside that virus mission even when I've specifically just cruised around looking for them on the highways.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

This game's writing is so loving good I don't know what to think. I'm not used to this quality of writing in videogames outside Infinity Engine games based on an obscure D&D setting made by BIS.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Can anyone shoot people with their Manapult right now? Mine can suck people in but all I do is shoot my guns instead of using the cannon.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The manapault has been broken since release, which is unfortunate!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Chicken Chaser posted:

Oh my. If you find them, pipe up, and I think you'll have some buyers, including myself. I want Gat in particular, but I remember kind of wanting all of them.

The one I have is also a luch. I don't believe they gave away any others at cons. I did find this J Gat googling

http://www.sotatoysonline.com/images/johnnygat_retail.jpg

Looks kinda like a render though so no idea how legit it is

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
This seems to be the place that actually makes/sells the things.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I thought it was the new Dante.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I think I came across another game breaking bug on the PC. Whenever I go to start a quest, nothing happens. I've exited the game and reloaded the save, but no go. This was a new save so I wouldn't gently caress up the old one too. :(

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Me neither- I just checked Laura Bailey's IMDB, and nothing pony-related there. Starhawk64 has some explaining to do...

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Hmm. Just a warning to ya'll. I snagged the Grass Roots pack and that issue that seems to be happening with the last Steam update with multiple weapons and such started showing up.

Kakesu
Nov 4, 2005

ETHICAL.

Alan Smithee posted:

The one I have is also a luch. I don't believe they gave away any others at cons. I did find this J Gat googling

http://www.sotatoysonline.com/images/johnnygat_retail.jpg

Looks kinda like a render though so no idea how legit it is

The PC patch was almost released today, but there was a last minute issue that postponed it. Hopefully we should have something tomorrow.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

Me neither- I just checked Laura Bailey's IMDB, and nothing pony-related there. Starhawk64 has some explaining to do...

She's based on that rear end in a top hat gryphon who calls everyone from that dumb cartoon a dweeb. I thought goons watched cartoons?

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

Starhawk64 posted:

She's based on that rear end in a top hat gryphon who calls everyone from that dumb cartoon a dweeb. I thought goons watched cartoons?

Oh, huh. Was totally not making that connection at all, I was thinking it was some miscolored interpretation of Haruko from FLCL. :shrug:

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Oh, huh. Was totally not making that connection at all, I was thinking it was some miscolored interpretation of Haruko from FLCL. :shrug:

Oh yeah, she would be a good fit too, considering how already crazy FLCL and Saint's Row are.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Laura Bailey also played Rayne in the Bloodrayne games, which is probably where my "I know I've heard this voice somewhere before" reaction to her came from. As such, Rayne is another boss outfit I've been meaning to put together.

EDIT:

Samurai Sanders posted:

It just occurred to me how much Bloodrayne sounds like Nyteblade. They should totally go out.

Though it would have only worked for one voice, that would have been a much better direction for Matt Miller's loyalty mission to go.

Rocketlex fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Aug 30, 2013

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Rocketlex posted:

Laura Bailey also played Rayne in the Bloodrayne games, which is probably where my "I know I've heard this voice somewhere before" reaction to her came from. As such, Rayne is another boss outfit I've been meaning to put together.
It just occurred to me how much Bloodrayne sounds like Nyteblade. They should totally go out.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Isn't there a DLC pack in SR3 that gives you a vampire bite attack?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Starhawk64 posted:

Oh yeah, she would be a good fit too, considering how already crazy FLCL and Saint's Row are.

Oh my god, yes.

If there were a guitar skin for the baseball bat, I would do a whole other playthrough as Haruko just for kicks. No guns, guitar and powers only. :allears:

VVedit: poo poo, you're right. I guess I can make due with a Kaneda. v:shobon:v

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Aug 30, 2013

PicklesMcGillicuddy
May 28, 2010

I DO NOT EAT HUMAN FOOD; I ONLY EAT
PINE CONES

One and the Same posted:

Oh my god, yes.

If there were a guitar skin for the baseball bat, I would do a whole other playthrough as Haruko just for kicks. No guns, guitar and powers only. :allears:

If only they didn't get rid of the Widowmaker...

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
"You seen King?"

"Yeah, I think he's in the shitter."

"... I'll just see myself out."

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

I actually wanted to do this, but I couldn't find a guitar melee weapon. Sure, there's the guitar case rocket launcher, but it's just not the same.

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
Finally got around to finishing the storyline. I read somewhere that they plan on continuing the series but with different characters or something. I just don't see how the hell SR5's story could be anything but convoluted as poo poo. And rebooting the series with a new batch of characters will feel completely wrong. I HATE saying it because I love these games, but it needs to be put to bed.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

I've beaten the game with a female boss, and am halfway through a playthrough as a male. This game somehow exceeded all of my high expectations.

Is there any particular reason that they couldn't get Eliza Dushku back to voice Fun Shaundi? It's not a big deal; I'm just surprised that they managed to snag Neil Patrick Harris but not Dushku.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Honestly I think I'd be fine if this was the last Saints Row game. It's a good franchise but I really don't want to see it run into the ground.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
There is no loving way this is going to be the last Saints Row game and I think all of you realize it. Deep Silver just bought the IP and presumably it's the most profitable one they've got right now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh, I know it's not going to be the last one. It's just that it not being the last one is how this is going to turn into Scary Movie, The Game Series.

edit: Maybe that's a bit harsh. It's just that even if they did do a reboot, it'll be really hard to make it better than this game because the super power element can't feasibly be taken OUT now that it's in or the game will feel lacking without it. Going from SR4 back to SR3 is tough for me now that I've 100%ed it because SR3 is pretty much this game minus the superpowers, gameplay-wise, and that kinda sucks.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Aug 30, 2013

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
End game cutscene spoilers:

I put my Lady Boss in the Madame President outfit, recolored it a little bit, and it just looks right during the dance fest. You guys have your super suits, and I'm humble as hell with y'all :c00l:

The Boss has changed. :unsmith:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I think someone else brought it up before but if they do a new one, I'd really love to see you be able to customize your lieutenants. Body, face, clothes, just have their gender and voice set.

I'm not really having a problem playing through Saints Row 1, the main thing I'm missing is the extra activities.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Not saying it's gonna be the last of the Saint's Row games, but they might be looking to reboot it. That means no Gat, Shaundi, Pierce, etc.

At least not the ones we know and love. :smith:

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Saints Row V will just be Freespace 2 except with the Saints Empire instead of the shivans.

Just finished my second run through, with Laura Bailey boss instead of British boss, now I think I'm gonna go back to SR2 and marathon the series.

God, I love these games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Capn Beeb posted:

End game cutscene spoilers:

I put my Lady Boss in the Madame President outfit, recolored it a little bit, and it just looks right during the dance fest. You guys have your super suits, and I'm humble as hell with y'all :c00l:

The Boss has changed. :unsmith:

My boss was in total casual clothes during that scene. That was a little bit ridiculous. At least, he was in purple !

• Locked thread