Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

the sex ghost posted:

Leeds look loving dreadful, please copy and paste this in the thread for the next 42 games
As a Reading fan, McD is a legend, but pretty football is not his strong point. Football that looks dreadful but somehow gets three points the order of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

this is the biggest indicator of the north/south divide ever imo

e: the donny players are now helping the ground staff clear the water haha

thehappyprince fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 24, 2013

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Ross McCormack. My goodness

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Agreed, McD is a great manager but somehow makes it look much harder than it should be for most of the season before Xmas.

It's weird seeing Reading fans giving it "Adkins out" without any sense of irony, because we're 4 games unbeaten against good sides and drawing 0-0 away to Blackpool. I get the impression they were never exposed to a proper loving at the hands of Grimsby in the third tier.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

thehappyprince posted:

lol we're 3 up at charlton and they've gone off for rain

The club twitter keeps mentioning "farcical conditions" as though that's a reason for us being complete poo poo

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

loool donny down to ten men. we're gonna lose 4-3

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Agreed, McD is a great manager but somehow makes it look much harder than it should be for most of the season before Xmas.

It's weird seeing Reading fans giving it "Adkins out" without any sense of irony, because we're 4 games unbeaten against good sides and drawing 0-0 away to Blackpool. I get the impression they were never exposed to a proper loving at the hands of Grimsby in the third tier.

Money getting to our heads obviously, we are going to have a spectacular crash at some point

Andre Le Fuckface fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 24, 2013

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Hunt seems to have slotted into things nicely. Dude is everywhere.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

If Poleon works on his end product and passing he could be very very good

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Smiley Face posted:

Money getting to our heads obviously, we are going to have a spectacular crash at some point
0-1. The implosion starts here.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'll have those cheeky three points all day

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

this is our year lads

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
The Burnley keeper got two yellows in our game today, that can't happen too often.

The first for taking down a player in on goal (should have been red).

The second for picking up the ball twice in the box without anyone else touching it (think the boos got to him).

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

The second for picking up the ball twice in the box without anyone else touching it (think the boos got to him).

Was he pulling it away from an attacker? Can't imagine how that would be cautionable otherwise.

edit: \/ Ah yeah, that'll do it

Lamont Cranston fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 25, 2013

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Lamont Cranston posted:

Was he pulling it away from an attacker? Can't imagine how that would be cautionable otherwise.

He chucked it up in the air and a forward coming from behind him went to header it, the keeper then caught it again.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Apparently our chairman literally got hit by a bus on his way to Ipswich today. I bet it was that dastardly Mick McCarthy trying to demoralise the opposition

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

the sex ghost posted:

Apparently our chairman literally got hit by a bus on his way to Ipswich today. I bet it was that dastardly Mick McCarthy trying to demoralise the opposition

C'mon, you now that's Uncle Ken's handiwork.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Went to the Vic to see Watford v Forest, it was a bloody good game with some proper end to end footy and a tasty free-kick from McGugan.

I'm so glad we got Mcgugan cause he was pretty decent on the ball in the second half, but the defence was lacklustre at times trying to play the ball when they should have just cleared it though.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Went to see Wigan v Boro today, if Wigan play like they did today on saturday then Forest will have them on toast imo.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

so the goals don't count from the abandoned game but the red card does. great rule.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Adkins just laid into Jimmy Kebe in his post-match interview, saying he declared himself unfit yesterday and you can "read what you like into that". Apparently unaware that Kebe called up BBC Radio Berkshire on Sat and said he was fine to play against Blackpool but hadn't been picked, despite Adkins claiming he was injured.

Massively unprofessional. Double so to try to shift the blame after a 6-0 loving by a side a league bellow you onto a player who's not played for six months. I don't expect Kebe to be here in a week's time and I expect Adkins laying the blame on a massively popular player probably won't help him keep control of the dressing room. What a massive prick.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Adkins just laid into Jimmy Kebe in his post-match interview, saying he declared himself unfit yesterday and you can "read what you like into that". Apparently unaware that Kebe called up BBC Radio Berkshire on Sat and said he was fine to play against Blackpool but hadn't been picked, despite Adkins claiming he was injured.

Massively unprofessional. Double so to try to shift the blame after a 6-0 loving by a side a league bellow you onto a player who's not played for six months. I don't expect Kebe to be here in a week's time and I expect Adkins laying the blame on a massively popular player probably won't help him keep control of the dressing room. What a massive prick.

I liked when Jimmy Kebe decided to stop and do his socks mid dribble. Who's likely to pick him up?

And shocking from Adkins, thought he was good at man-management.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

The comments about Kebe are on loads of news websites including Sky who hosted the interview, however the text in the version published on Reading's site removes all mention of Kebe. Another thing I missed was Adkins said that Kebe's not played since he's been here, but if he was fit from March he'd have kept Reading in the Prem. So, it looks like he's claiming Kebe's been sick noting for six months. I can't remember a manager losing so much respect from so many fans in a single night before.

I wouldn't be shocked if he goes to Palace or Cardiff or similar. He's a fantastic player but he's prone to injury. I imagine we'd get about £2m for him, which is fair, he's come on massively since Coppell brought him in.

*EDIT*

Adkins also wins points for claiming in his post match interview that "Some of the players hadn't played before" apparently unaware that 19yo Jordan Obita had his debut for Reading in 2010. Every other player in the team Adkins had himself picked for a team previously.

Bacon of the Sea fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Aug 28, 2013

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Transpires Kebe was told to pull out of Tuesday by the club physios. Kebe was fit for Blackpool and Watford but not picked by Adkins, but tweaked his hamstring in training on Sunday and went to a local private hospital for a scan with two members of the medical staff from the club. This was noted at the time by a Reading fan who happened to work there.

Adkins spoke on live tv saying how he had no idea what was going on Kebe and insinuated he was a sick note, when if he'd bothered talking to any of the medical team in the two days prior to the game he'd have been told why he pulled out.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Transpires Kebe was told to pull out of Tuesday by the club physios. Kebe was fit for Blackpool and Watford but not picked by Adkins, but tweaked his hamstring in training on Sunday and went to a local private hospital for a scan with two members of the medical staff from the club. This was noted at the time by a Reading fan who happened to work there.

Adkins spoke on live tv saying how he had no idea what was going on Kebe and insinuated he was a sick note, when if he'd bothered talking to any of the medical team in the two days prior to the game he'd have been told why he pulled out.
Holloway said yesterday that he had been given permission to speak to Kebe by Reading, and that he had spoken to the player on Wednesday night.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Where is this from and do they have it for other teams?

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

Overminty posted:

Where is this from and do they have it for other teams?

http://www.whoscored.com/

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Cheers mate

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Bacon of the Sea posted:

The comments about Kebe are on loads of news websites including Sky who hosted the interview, however the text in the version published on Reading's site removes all mention of Kebe. Another thing I missed was Adkins said that Kebe's not played since he's been here, but if he was fit from March he'd have kept Reading in the Prem. So, it looks like he's claiming Kebe's been sick noting for six months. I can't remember a manager losing so much respect from so many fans in a single night before.

I wouldn't be shocked if he goes to Palace or Cardiff or similar. He's a fantastic player but he's prone to injury. I imagine we'd get about £2m for him, which is fair, he's come on massively since Coppell brought him in.

*EDIT*

Adkins also wins points for claiming in his post match interview that "Some of the players hadn't played before" apparently unaware that 19yo Jordan Obita had his debut for Reading in 2010. Every other player in the team Adkins had himself picked for a team previously.

It's nice not being the club that's in the worst state in the league, it's been a while :unsmith:

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Charlton Characteristics

Strengths
(Team has no significant strengths)

Weaknesses
(Team has no significant weaknesses)

Oh well alright then

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Kebe is off to Palace.

I think a decent number of Reading fans are getting a bit sick of the spin. The club has claimed in the recent past:

We're out to win in the championship this season
We are aiming to score 100 goals and keep 21 clean sheets in the league
We want to emulate Wigan and win cups
We have a transfer budget of £30m
We have an 8 year plan to be established in the Prem like Everton or Spurs
We will bring in six or seven prem league quality players

Reality however is that we've brought in 3 players at a combined spend of £700k and Adkins has managed to only win 2 of his 13 games in charge. We have an awful record of having kept two clean sheets and conceded 34 goals in those 13 games too. Scapegoating Kebe dodged the bullet, but we have to start keeping clean sheets.

Adkins has said he wants 3 players before the window shuts and lots of our fans are currently excited that we'll sign Defoe, Vaz Te, Marcello Trotta or blah, but the reality is no one of that stature is coming. It's still early days and Adkins is trying to bring about a sea change in the way we play football, so he'll have plenty of time to change things and the fans are in general quite realistic. The club ramping up expectations isn't helping though.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Adkins has said he wants 3 players before the window shuts and lots of our fans are currently excited that we'll sign Defoe, Vaz Te, Marcello Trotta or blah, but the reality is no one of that stature is coming. It's still early days and Adkins is trying to bring about a sea change in the way we play football, so he'll have plenty of time to change things and the fans are in general quite realistic. The club ramping up expectations isn't helping though.

All the QPR lot are gagging for Defoe as well. I don't really understand it, he's past his best and is the exact opposite of what we need in terms of age, wage demands etc. but they're mad for him.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

It's always the same. I remember our fans moaning when we signed Le Fondre for £300k rather than an aged striker from the Prem, even though ALF had hit almost 30 a season for the previous two years.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leeds looking solid, thick, tight. Consistent patient build-ups, defending as a unit, all that cool poo poo. QPR haven't really had a look in in the first half and I'm enjoying this match a lot

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Pretty solid performance from Leeds, not giving much away thus far. Still not sold on Hunt, but the defense is doing its job and the midfield is holding onto the ball nicely

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

I hope Austin properly has Barton

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Gutted to have lost that, swtiched off for one minute and that was all it took! encoruaging in other ways though

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Well that all went a bit poo poo. Gutted that Austin's last minute 40 yard strike hit the bar. Would have been a quality goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Well that was alright then, wasn't expecting results from either of the last two games and we managed two scrappy 0-1 wins. I'm starting to feel positive about the season which is worrying!

• Locked thread