Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

adamantium|wang posted:

From /tg/:
No source provided sorry, but looks pretty comprehensive.

I can't believe smurf bikes are the same price as :orks: :(

Although it appears we are getting a codex soon, so who knows? Maybe GW will justify the purchase of enough bikes to even run a full squad :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
For those of you who like the rules for Centurion Devastators but hate the models (so everyone). Your prayers have been answered by Puppets War:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=623715650993424&set=a.192205597477767.49794.159776737387320&type=1&theater

I think these look rad!

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
I don't like the rules for Devastator Centurions. I think they are overpriced trash that dies to plasma and up. Sucks that I couldn't nab a Successor LE Codex before they sold out.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Phyresis posted:

I don't like the rules for Devastator Centurions. I think they are overpriced trash that dies to plasma and up. Sucks that I couldn't nab a Successor LE Codex before they sold out.
You don't think they'll work as MC hunters like they're allegedly supposed to?

I just don't see the point since I've already got two Devastator squads and plenty of Terminators. I don't need their weird, inbetweener robobabbies.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
Still a WIP of my first jet that I am using as a Vulture gunship. The paint in the corners of the windows are actually white and will have some snow/ice added and I still need weapons that I am working on casting (lots of trial and error).

Now the main thing that has been bugging me is Vulture Gunships can hover and that jet doesnt look like it should hover. So for my second one I fixed that. Doors are on magnetic hinges and the rear engine will also bend down and up. Now it can hover like a Raptor :)

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

SRM posted:

You don't think they'll work as MC hunters like they're allegedly supposed to?

I just don't see the point since I've already got two Devastator squads and plenty of Terminators. I don't need their weird, inbetweener robobabbies.

A minimum sized unit with grav cannons and amps is 250 points. That is a lot of points. They are 24" range + 6" move, which the important MCs outrange. Wraithknights ID them with every wound and Riptides drop AP2 pie plates on them all day. Both laugh at their S&P as they scoot away from them at high speed. Tyranids overwhelm you with MCs; Hive Tyrants fly so you have to ground them first, the Swarmlord isn't very competitive but he will have a Tyrant Guard retinue to soak wounds at any rate, oh no, they might kill one of your three Tervigons before they get crushed or dogpiled by poisoned Gants and Gargoyles. Plus Tyranids are about to get better. I can't think of any other important MCs right now, but maybe I'm forgetting some. Grav doesn't even work on most Greater Daemons, not that those matter at all.

e: Wounding on 3s (against most MCs, who has 2+, Tyrannofexes? lol) with AP2 is not that amazing. Plasma already does that against most MCs...

e2: I figured out which one I was thinking of, that stupid Dreadknight. He has a 2+ save. Which also dies to plasma just the same, and is sometimes a jumper.

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Aug 31, 2013

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Well, that puts things in perspective pretty handily, don't it? I usually run 20 Sternguard anyway so MCs aren't much of a headache for me. They just seemed tailor made for that sorta thing.

Apparently there's an army builder in the iPad Space Marine codex:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Crusador Squad.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Mango Polo posted:

Crusador Squad.

Can those take lightening claws?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

I like the meltagun for Heavy Weapon selection. It would be pretty useful, Grey Hunter style, but is obviously supposed to be multi-melta.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Mango Polo posted:

Crusador Squad.

I wonder what the seargent options are for the Crusador Squad.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Attaching a Chaplin is mandatory for the Crusador Squad, of course.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Hencoe posted:

I'm just referring to as a unit, while it would be cool to have him back, eatin your characters. It would be neat to have to take an I test or get eaten (or something along those lines) I'm just skeptical because of the sheer mass of stuff that's been popping up left and right.
I actually made some rules for it way back in the day. They're sorta outdated now, but I feel like it was a pretty okay shot at things.

quote:

THE RED TERROR..... 120pts
6 0 5 5 3 5 5 10 3+
1 Red Terror (Unique)

Monstrous Creature

Bonded Exoskeleton
Scything Talons (two sets)

Deep Strike
Fearless
Instinctive Behavior- Feed
Rapid Advance
Swallow Whole

Rapid Advance
The Red Terror moves like a Beast, though it still otherwise follows the rules for a Monstrous Creature.

Swallow Whole
During a melee combat, if The Red Terror rolls two sixes on the to-hit dice when attacking a unit, one model from that unit that is in base contact (the owner's choice) will be devoured whole by the Red Terror! No further to-wound rolls are made for those dice- the enemy is removed as a casualty with no saves of any kind allowed. Only models with a Toughness value of four or less can be swallowed in this way, and vehicles of any kind may never be swallowed; against unaffected models, simply treat the attacks as you otherwise would. Each pair of sixes rolled against a given unit will result in one devoured model, so it is possible for the Red Terror to consume two or even three enemy models in a single phase.

Phyresis posted:

I don't think they're completely awful, but they are a bit too expensive. Grav/Hurricane seems like the best setup, since that's eight pretty decent shots per turn. Las/Missile might might be okay for Imperial Fists, since Tank Hunters is a really boss ability now and Predators don't get it.

Soviet Commubot posted:

Well, for 10pts he can be upgraded to a Vetaren Seargent; he can trade his Bolter for a Chainsord for free; he can take a Combi-Wepon for 10pts, and he has access to the Melee, Ranged, and Special Issue Armorees.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Phyresis posted:

I like the meltagun for Heavy Weapon selection. It would be pretty useful, Grey Hunter style, but is obviously supposed to be multi-melta.

I'd be fairly happy with Melta gun and heavy Flamer. That would feel certainly salamndery. It looks like squads lost the las cannon option? Kinda odd but I never took it anyways. The missile launcher price increase though... Yeesh.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

SRM posted:

This is just so awesome.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Seemed kinda unusual but GW actually has some free content on painting s
Tac marines on iBooks.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

Well, that puts things in perspective pretty handily, don't it? I usually run 20 Sternguard anyway so MCs aren't much of a headache for me. They just seemed tailor made for that sorta thing.

This is cool and all, but it looks like it could do with a couple more proof-reads. The razorback can't even change out its weapon unless the dedicated transport tab actually does something. It looks like the squad itself is missing a couple options too. If GW can fine-tune this thing it'd be a really cool option. I don't own an ipad though so it's kind of a moot point for me. :v:

Anyone know if tactical squads are really getting access to a heavy flamer? I'd love to see that.

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
I bought the Salamanders LE Codex. My justification for it is that it looks nicer, it ties in together with my huge salamander army, uniqueness, and nerd bragging rights. Also, the dude on the front is wearing MkIV, otherwise known as the coolest pattern, and I'll fight anyone who disagrees. :colbert:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Soviet Commubot posted:

FOR THE EMPORER

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

FOR THE EMPORER

Asalt squads led by librareans are still the best.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I loving love Marbo. Arrives turn 2. Promptly throws his demo charge at his own stupid face, hits, wounds, instant death.

Total casualties: Marbo.

Points well spent! :cool:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There is never an excuse not to use Marbo. He's like an unusually drab, serious clown who throws a party favor into the middle of every battle, and only the luckiest get to enjoy it!

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Did he draw First Blood? :v:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
No the honour of first blood goes to my Decimator Daemon Engine, who died to turn 1 shooting from two lucky rear end zoanthropes. (Having a good game right now :thumbsup:)

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

SRM posted:

Does this run on an iphone? I can't justify buying a whole ipad...

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Hah, Rambo joke.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Smegmalicious posted:

Does this run on an iphone? I can't justify buying a whole ipad...

Nope. It justified it to me though I end up using it most to watch Netflix while I paint.

Fletchtar
May 6, 2003

Moola posted:

For those of you who like the rules for Centurion Devastators but hate the models (so everyone). Your prayers have been answered by Puppets War:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=623715650993424&set=a.192205597477767.49794.159776737387320&type=1&theater

I think these look rad!

I'd have to see one painted I think, but I do like those. Also, what's the niche for assault centurions supposed to be? Ap2 s8-9 at initiative, it looks like, with built in grenades, but no sweeps... maybe just dedicated anti-paladin/wraiths/assorted TEQ & other multi wound elite CC units? Maybe? With no invuln, I guess I just don't see how they're supposed to be better than th/ss termies.

e: unless they were t5 or 6 maybe...

e2: I really, really prefer the circular saws on the above off-brand centurions to the weird personal massager fists the GW assault centurions seem to have.

Fletchtar fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 31, 2013

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Fletchtar posted:

I'd have to see one painted I think, but I do like those. Also, what's the niche for assault centurions supposed to be? Ap2 s8-9 at initiative, it looks like, with built in grenades, but no sweeps... maybe just dedicated anti-paladin/wraiths/assorted TEQ & other multi wound elite CC units? Maybe? With no invuln, I guess I just don't see how they're supposed to be better than th/ss termies.

e: unless they were t5 or 6 maybe...

They're T5 but it matters not. That's the thing that gets me about Centurions; Assault Terminators are still badass so what the hell do you need Assault Centurions for? Same thing with Devastators, but to a lesser extent. They just seem like miserable little piles of redundancy.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I remember someone arguing that Space Marines haven't gone down in price. They just went from an effective point cost of 12 points to 11 points (frag + krak grenades being a 3 point per model total upgrade cost previously, subtract that from 15).

This doesn't mean much about Space Marines. They aren't particularly broken, it's just that the inarguable trend is that armies in 40k cost fewer points so that more models are required to play a game (and more models mean more purchases, very few players reduce the size of their games in response to higher prices or lower unit costs).

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

Sergeant Fisticus throws a mean lead hook. I really want a Fists army now

Are those tactical marine legs new or is the photo doing something funny?

nuncle jimbo fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 31, 2013

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Its Mark 4 power armour.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mukip posted:

This is distilled Warhammer. Imperial Fist, sergeant Fistus Maximus, makes it into fisting range with his power fist against the guy who failed to blast him with a bolter, yet another guy is wielding a heavy bolter at melee range. The hapless Chaos champion aims for Lysander's torso armour with his gun, instead of his bare face, and good luck bringing your dinky little chainsword to bear after your head's been caved in. The bro-magnons aren't even waiting for the battle to end before looting skull-trophies to mount on their banners; this one's a wrap.

15 seconds later the two helldrakes wipe out 2/3s of the marines

e: Haha, is that a flying forgefiend in the upper left?

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 31, 2013

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

There's too much Marine in here right now, so crossposting my first painted minis from the oath thread

NTRabbit posted:

I painted their helmets like Daft Punk, because the silver one had a visor just begging to be painted like that.

Eldar by day...

...and by night. Yep, that's my gimmick.

For reference, they're standing on a box of 12 year old Edradour Single Malt :colbert:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 31, 2013

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

15 seconds later the two helldrakes whipe out 2/3s of the marines

e: Haha, is that a flying forgefiend in the upper left?

Nah dude. It's obviously a regular forge fiend jumping out of a spikey wall mouth

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Whoever warned me in this thread about totalwargamer.co.uk was totally right. It has been a month since they took my money and still nothing has shipped. I would stay far away from them.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Whoever warned me in this thread about totalwargamer.co.uk was totally right. It has been a month since they took my money and still nothing has shipped. I would stay far away from them.

Have fun waiting for any refund you try to get back too. I cancelled my order on the 15th and only just got the money back yesterday, 3-4 working days, my arse. Now I'm not saying you should spam the hell out of their facebook page to get their attention because they ignore emails, but it worked.

Which UK companies aren't a bunch of shits nowadays? Just Dark Sphere?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Can anyone point me in the direction to some good Tau tactics advice and what to take and not take with the new codex? I haven't played since early 4th ed, but I just realized what I should start next after I finish my wood elves.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Not a viking posted:

Can anyone point me in the direction to some good Tau tactics advice and what to take and not take with the new codex? I haven't played since early 4th ed, but I just realized what I should start next after I finish my wood elves.

You're doing wood elves... now? They get a new book sometime next year.

Tau Tactica: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?368885-Tactica-Tau-Empire-2013-Codex

There's a lot of spergy anime nerds in there though, tread carefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I've preordered two of the Stalker/Hunter kits, and I think I might try magnetizing for the first time ever because I can't decide which one to go with. I'm also considering picking up another Stormtalon because it's always done well in the games I've brought it. Against new Eldar I'm not sure though.

• Locked thread