Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

God, if only Kio was Marty McFly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I have a hard time believing Kio's involvement in anything would result in a net improvement of the situation, myself.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

I think my favourite thing about Kio is how everybody says he's exactly like his dad when he's literally just a genderswap of his mom. Is saying that just the polite thing to do in Japan? Are they blind?

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
psst.

hey

c'mere.

Heero's Gundam is not actallly made of feathers. It is a visual metaphor. SYMBOLISM an' all that.

just thort i'd let ya know.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I think it might have been them saying he's a great pilot like his dad was. But Kio was a poo poo pilot in every fight after the battle at Not-Jaburo who relied on his magical psychic powers and technological superiority to win fights, which makes him pretty much the exact opposite of his dad.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Red Bones posted:

I think it might have been them saying he's a great pilot like his dad was. But Kio was a poo poo pilot in every fight after the battle at Not-Jaburo who relied on his magical psychic powers and technological superiority to win fights, which makes him pretty much the exact opposite of his dad.

Nah I think he was referring specifically to a scene where he is either a baby or a child and mention his looks being like his fathers.

Who knows though because this is the same universe where zeheart is not only not fired immediately but is actively considered a brilliant tactician because of the time he

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Yeah it was the scene where he was born and Asemu literally says "I'll never ever leave your side ever" and then fucks off for 15 years 4 hours later. Kio had just been born and everyone keeps saying he looks just like Asemu when the kid magically has a lush full head of hair and looks like his idiot mom and they make the same remark occasionally through the show and he just looks even more like his mom.

also maybe I was the only one bothered by it but why is Kio's love interest just a palette swap of his grandma? gently caress AGE

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Bimmi posted:

psst.

hey

c'mere.

Heero's Gundam is not actallly made of feathers. It is a visual metaphor. SYMBOLISM an' all that.

just thort i'd let ya know.

I keep mentioning this but noone seems to get it. The EW Wing Zero is perfect because of how much it fits in with Wing's silly, overdramatic setting

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bimmi posted:

gently caress you, Gundam feathers are the best feathers, and OBVIOUSLY with Wing Zero they were all verniers that allowed for MAXSHIMAM SPEEDOH and MAXSHIMAM STURENKUSU during combat. :colbert:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Toyota has joined the Republic of Zeon.

EDIT: Ahaha this has actually been a thing since January.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 27, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Yes, yes, I LOVE stupid tie-ins with completely inappropriate animes and real life. It fuels me. This and Hatsune Miku x Dominos is what I live for!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nothing makes me think of Toyota more than Space Nazi's.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Oh man, the antennae on the back of Char's custom Prius is the antennae found on squad leader models of the Zaku II.

e: Also he drives stick. Of course he would. I didn't think you could get a Prius with manual transmission though.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 27, 2013

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I love the Char Car.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TTBF posted:

e: Also he drives stick. Of course he would. I didn't think you could get a Prius with manual transmission though.

I'm going assume that Japan is like Europe and only old women drive automatics.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

TTBF posted:

I didn't think you could get a Prius with manual transmission though.

It's an Auris, actually.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

BlitzBlast posted:

It's an Auris, actually.

That's a shame. Here I was hoping I could spend ridiculous amounts of money to make my car look like Char's.

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.
Genuine question: does Char actually know how to drive?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Adam Strange posted:

Genuine question: does Char actually know how to drive?

He drove a car with Lalah Sune in the original Mobile Suit Gundam I think.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

WrightOfWay posted:

No, Lalah Sune drove a car with Char. We never see him behind the wheel of a motor vehicle. A horse, but no cars.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Yes, yes, I LOVE stupid tie-ins with completely inappropriate animes and real life. It fuels me. This and Hatsune Miku x Dominos is what I live for!

Toyota did Miku too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaA2liN9LKM

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Is the Char car three times as fast?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Toyota's just mad because the Nissan GT-R was designed based on the Gundam's body.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

WrightOfWay posted:

I hope that car has a little Toyota badge on it when The Origin comes out. Or they could just replace it with the red Auris.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Char drives the hell out of a car in Char's Deleted Affair.

arhra
Jun 27, 2006
No mono-headlight, no deal.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I guess ereuthophiliac sci-fi fascists hawking lovely Japanese subcompacts is kind of a thing now.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Gundam Build Fighters PV2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVkcvXOOs70

Gyan fans will be happy to see it being decently animated for once. :)

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Still looks incredibly generic. I guess that should be a good thing though; no way Sunrise can screw this up.

...Right? :ohdear:

Also, information about the final Unicorn episode was released. It's confirmed to be 90 minutes long, and there are going to be cameos from everything between First Gundam and F91. Particular emphasis will be on suits from ZZ so they can get HGs. I am hoping this means that Judau will come out of nowhere midway through on the Super Full Armor ZZ, which is made of ten different machines all piloted by Purus.

(Judau pilots the gun.)

EDIT: V I just don't want another repeat of AGE. I'm actually glad it's so bland, again because that makes it harder to screw up.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 31, 2013

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

Still looks incredibly generic. I guess that should be a good thing though; no way Sunrise can screw this up.

Were you honestly expecting something more than decent at best? Sunrise doesn't even have to try to make compelling characters or a storyline now cause it's not like anyone is going to die or have significant character development.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TaurusOxford posted:

Were you honestly expecting something more than decent at best? Sunrise doesn't even have to try to make compelling characters or a storyline now cause it's not like anyone is going to die or have significant character development.

And the last time they tried with 00's first season, the higher-ups at Sunrise lost their goddamn minds.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Also, information about the final Unicorn episode was released. It's confirmed to be 90 minutes long, and there are going to be cameos from everything between First Gundam and F91. Particular emphasis will be on suits from ZZ so they can get HGs. I am hoping this means that Judau will come out of nowhere midway through on the Super Full Armor ZZ, which is made of ten different machines all piloted by Purus.

(Judau pilots the gun.)

Still waiting on that HGUC Capule. Or HGCC Kapool. Or both.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
This looks cool. It's nice and low-content and has some good-looking battle scenes and just seems like a harmlessly fun gunpla marketing show, which is exactly what Sunrise should be doing after repeatedly proving themselves incapabale of creating a proper new Gundam series by themselves.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The clip had guys in Zeon uniforms so I hope this show is willing to poke fun at how weird some people are about Zeon. Part of me hopes that these trailers are fake outs and the first few episodes of this shows are a set up to a The Last Starfighter scenario.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
They should go all-the-way stupid and have the main character uncover a gundam figurine-smuggling ring, smuggling in knock off gunpla from Hong Kong. Whenever he comes across a group of hardcore armed criminals they all stop what they're doing and find a shop/sphere/whatever to battle in and the losers are arrested as they walk out. The final battle is between the hero with his generic upgraded gundam he inherited from his father and the head of the smuggling ring, using a diecast kitbashed Zaku painted with cheap lead-based paint. Truly we will learn the meaning of friendship, and poo poo.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

this show looks goofy as hell and the fights look well choreographed and well animated.

I am going to love the poo poo out of this show.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Pierson posted:

They should go all-the-way stupid and have the main character uncover a gundam figurine-smuggling ring, smuggling in knock off gunpla from Hong Kong. Whenever he comes across a group of hardcore armed criminals they all stop what they're doing and find a shop/sphere/whatever to battle in and the losers are arrested as they walk out. The final battle is between the hero with his generic upgraded gundam he inherited from his father and the head of the smuggling ring, using a diecast kitbashed Zaku painted with cheap lead-based paint. Truly we will learn the meaning of friendship, and poo poo.

I kind of hope they go the Yugioh route with it. What's that? You lost in a Gunpla battle with me? MINDCRUSH!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Completely ridiculous poo poo like that is par for the course in this kind of anime.

Personally, I'm hoping for Boris to show up again. Literally the best character.

I'm actually thinking of making a thread for Build Fighters. But seeing as how it airs in October, I wonder if it's too early.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Neddy Seagoon posted:

And the last time they tried with 00's first season, the higher-ups at Sunrise lost their goddamn minds.

I'm still a little flabbergasted about how a show as promising as 00 Season 1 was warped into the shitfest of 00 Season 2. S1 isn't perfect by any means, but it's a really good and refreshing take on the traditional Gundam War = Bad storyline because it's Gundam Wing except not a goofy joke. I guess if worst comes to worst we can just pretend S2 never happened because S1 is a perfectly coherent closed story on its own, with an ending and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

(Judau pilots the gun.)

What I want to know is why there is now a third Unicorn Gundam. With all the upgrades the other two didn't get until months later in UC 0096. Which is around three years earlier.

(spoilered just in case, I don't know if it'll count toward the plot of the last OVA.)

I know the answer is Gunpla, and that it's some sort of ride-exclusive thing, but I can't figure out how they think that makes sense in a story context.

Also, why is Gundam Thunderbolt getting HG releases? The redesigns are nice, sure, but we've already established what mobile suits look like, you can't exactly go back and say "oh no wait they really are like giant late-20th century spacesuits" and think you can cram that into the timeline as well.

• Locked thread