Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entertainer13
Apr 25, 2009

d00gZ posted:

JLA: Year One, and I forgot about that panel, that's loving great.

As great as it is, it still doesn't address the fact she's fighting in high heels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
In White WOlf's super hero RPG, Aberrant, there was a power you could take if your character had super dexterity that let you run and fight in high heels.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Entertainer13 posted:

As great as it is, it still doesn't address the fact she's fighting in high heels

Even if they could manage to fight in high heels and not fall over or break their ankles within 60 seconds they never take advantage of them. Have you ever had someone in high heels accidentally step on your foot? They're not called stilettos for nothin'

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Even if they could manage to fight in high heels and not fall over or break their ankles within 60 seconds they never take advantage of them. Have you ever had someone in high heels accidentally step on your foot? They're not called stilettos for nothin'

I remember that in The Tick cartoon, American Maid would throw her heels like batarangs. Of course, she only had two and was SOL once she threw both.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

I used to have this idea that if you could fly high heels were no big deal, since it's not like you are going to fall. Then I thought about it and any heel kick would probably impale the guy, penetrating chest trauma is not the hallmark of a non-wolverine hero.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Didn't Anne Hathaway's Selina Kyle do something like that in Dark Knight Rises, or at least trapped a knife with them or something?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Entertainer13 posted:

Or the fact that her "battle suit" is a stripper costume.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Can't go into war without your fishnet stockings

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Zzulu posted:

Can't go into war without your fishnet stockings

Well why else do you think there were nylon shortages among the civilian population in World War II? Think, people!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

What If #38

Why am I posting it in this thread? The issue came out in 1983. As Uatu states, this takes place 30 years later.

...Awkward.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
More like "What if Wilson Fisk was The Watcher?"

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hawkeye #6

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

from Green Lantern/Green Arrow #1

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

So its basically that Monty Python sketch?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

GorfZaplen posted:

Is that JJJ?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

So its basically that Monty Python sketch?

This panel actually made me laugh out loud:

Of course the nazi henchman uses a Luger!!!

Bonus:

The Guardians have really lovely timing.

e: Source is still Green Lantern/Green Arrow #1

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

GorfZaplen posted:

Bonus:

The Guardians have really lovely timing.

e: Source is still Green Lantern/Green Arrow #1

Hey, the Guardians could have sent that message after the thugs opened fire. Of course the bullet ridden body of Hal Jordan probably wouldn't have appreciated it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I like the idea that if you're an off-duty Green Lantern who happens to find himself in mortal danger, gently caress it, they'll go out of their way to make sure you're gonna die.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Batman: Detective #27

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

That's a P38.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

team overhead smash posted:

Yes father, I shall become a FedEx guy.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

That's a P38.

So it is! I don't know guns very well :tipshat:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nipponophile posted:

That's a P38.

Megatron?!

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Nipponophile posted:

That's a P38.

No, it's an artist-invented "this looks about right" gun. If you want to dissect it, it has the toggle-locking arm and back end of a Luger, the hammer and grip of a P38, way more frame up front than either, and (I think) the trigger off a 1911.

:goonsay:

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Adventure Comics #384

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Kellsterik posted:

Adventure Comics #384

Needs a fedora and neckbeard.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mister Olympus posted:

Needs a fedora and neckbeard.

He already HAS a neckbeard, that's the amazing part.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

He already HAS a neckbeard, that's the amazing part.

Exactly. He even says "females"!

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Kellsterik posted:

Exactly. He even says "females"!

It's the only acceptable word for women, according to the writers of the silver age.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chaos Hippy posted:

It's the only acceptable word for women, according to the writers of the silver age.

Sure, throughout "The Night Gwen Stacy Died", Peter persistently refers to Gwen as "my woman", doesn't he? "You killed my woman, Osborn!" and so forth.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Metal Loaf posted:

Sure, throughout "The Night Gwen Stacy Died", Peter persistently refers to Gwen as "my woman", doesn't he? "You killed my woman, Osborn!" and so forth.

I forget when that story was written, but wasn't that the way people generally referred to their boy/girl friends back then?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It might well have been, I don't know, but I tend to imagine most Spider-Man dialogue as though it's spoken by Christopher Daniel Barnes (Spidey's voice in the animated series) and when he does "angry" he sounds like this.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Metal Loaf posted:

It might well have been, I don't know, but I tend to imagine most Spider-Man dialogue as though it's spoken by Christopher Daniel Barnes (Spidey's voice in the animated series) and when he does "angry" he sounds like this.

This and "The check's in the mail, baby!" are the two things I remember most about Spider-Man: TAS.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
There's also Venom driving a truck.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Man, Kill Your Boyfriend is just endlessly quotable:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
One more from One Punch Man.
Nobody cares what your name is!

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
You could filter out about 10% chaff from Onepunch Man and split the remainder between the Funny Panels and Badass threads; it's tons of fun and one of my favorite ongoing series.

I enjoy Saitama (the titular Onepunch Man) in a similar way to The Captain. Beyond being stupidly strong and having... unconventional personalities for superheroes they aren't excessively similar, but they tickle my brain in the same way.

Have some The Captain.

Nextwave #2

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Have you got to the bit where the secret to Saitama's ludicrous strength is revealed?
Spoilered just in case.

Truly mindblowing!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The icing on the cake is that no one believes him and assumes he's lying because he just doesn't want to tell them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

team overhead smash posted:

I remember there was an issue of "What The" where Todd McFarlane did the Batman origin scene, but with a baseball coming through the window instead. (So our hero decides to run around with a baseball bat.) I can't find a scan of it, though. :doom:

• Locked thread