Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Healbot posted:

:iamafag:

(I knew Leverkusen was in for a loss auf Schalke)

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Stuttgart are up 6-1 :wtc:

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Jesus, I just saw the Stuttgart-Hoppenheim score line :magical: I wonder what Bruno is thinking right now?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Reset Smith posted:

Jesus, I just saw the Stuttgart-Hoppenheim score line :magical: I wonder what Bruno is thinking right now?

"They still didn't make the Europa League lol"

Oh wait, that's me.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Stuttgart :wtf:

Hoffenheim, y'all bad

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Aaaand Frankfurt rolling over for Dortmund :thumbsup:

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Come on Dortmund step it up! We were lucky not to concede with that sloppy defense

az
Dec 2, 2005

Dirtmund :allears:

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009
Nice goal

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Reset Smith posted:

Come on Dortmund step it up! We were lucky not to concede with that sloppy defense

:iamafag:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

getting a lot of mileage out of that one this weekend!

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009
Mkhitaryan is an alright player isnt he

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
First place bitches! :neckbeard:

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Reset Smith posted:

First place bitches! :neckbeard:

Pep must walk imho

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

mkhitaryan is so good

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

mynameisjohn posted:

mkhitaryan is so good

agreed, he reminds me a little of Kagawa, at least in the way he slots into Klopp's system. Look at this
Lewa
Reus Kuba/Auba
Mhky

That front four is scary good. Now if Klopp can just sort out the defense the team would be almost unstoppable.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Reset Smith posted:

agreed, he reminds me a little of Kagawa, at least in the way he slots into Klopp's system. Look at this
Lewa
Reus Kuba/Auba
Mhky

That front four is scary good. Now if Klopp can just sort out the defense the team would be almost unstoppable.

:eyepop:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Reminder, they said the same about Sam-Kieß-Son until we lost a single game so welp. Leverkusen forum is in full panic mode now though, with is very entertaining.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Pal Csernai has died, Bayerns first concept manager from 1978-82, at 80 years old.

Also both Jerome Boateng (25) and Samuel Kuffour (37) are having a birthday.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Healbot posted:

Pal Csernai has died, Bayerns first concept manager from 1978-82, at 80 years old.

Also both Jerome Boateng (25) and Samuel Kuffour (37) are having a birthday.

Also Thomas Hitzlsperger ended his career today.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Healbot posted:

Samuel Kuffour (37)
Happy birthday, Sammy!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

And big news for (Pommes)Rot-Weiß Essen in light of the Özil transfer, as the club will see €800k in youth development compensation from the stack of money. Should really help keep them afloat for this season in the Regionalliga.

Edit: Awful really hates special characters, goddamn.

Healbot fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 3, 2013

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Man, if even we leave out the umlauts, how are the English ever gonna learn it?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Dunban posted:

Man, if even we leave out the umlauts, how are the English ever gonna learn it?

Oezil?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

That is only gonna lead to even more disastrous pronunciations.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
oh-ee-zal

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009
Urzil

Victlin
Sep 3, 2013

Reset Smith posted:

Lewa
Reus Kuba/Auba
Mhky

Defense may not be perfect, while Piszczek might miss the whole season, Großkreutz is doing a fine job in his place, Subotic/Hummels duo still reliable, selling Santa wasn't the best move but Sokratis should get the job done, as for Schmelzer..he's usually solid on his side
They may be able to conquest the league this year if able to keep the momentum!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
We're gonna need another one of those pronunciation guides Arsenal handed out to Japanese journalists on their Asia tour

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
I was in Berlin for the Hertha - HSV match. Good atmosphere despite the loss. 11.000 away supporters can really make some noise.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
:laffo: 1860s first choice as future manager is Loddar :D

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

AlexF posted:

Bring on the Lorant, I guess? (It will be Matthäus...)

Called it!

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Adulterous Hitler posted:

lmao no way

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
It's not happening. It'd be too good and too funny to be true.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

I wanted to (re)post this! :argh:

edit: Spork, just hope that the fans will cry out against Loddar - that seemed to have worked for us when he was considered a couple of years ago.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.
My concern is more who at Grünwalderstadion favors Matthäus. Noor Basha (Ismaik's buddy on the board) said it's only a rumor and Mayrhofer said Loddar was "too busy with other things." If it's just some low-level idiot spouting his opinion, then no need to panic. On the other hand, if Ismaik has a bug up his butt for a terrible hire...

frankenfreak posted:

edit: Spork, just hope that the fans will cry out against Loddar - that seemed to have worked for us when he was considered a couple of years ago.

Based on what I've read elsewhere (for example, this article at Merkur), it seems like over half the fanbase is doing just that. The rest are split between "LODDAR :swoon:" and "Meh, whatever. We're boned no matter who we pick."

SporkOfTruth fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 6, 2013

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
As long as I can remember, the only real problem of 1860 has never been the manager, the players or the fans, but always the management up top.

It really is a shame that because of all the Wildmosers and what'stheirnames, the once biggest club in Bavaria has become the turd that it is today.

Imagine a today's 1860 team with all the talents that they have sold in the last ten years still in the team.

Goddamit I miss Wiesn derbies with Scholl clowning their defenders and slotting in freekicks like it's no big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.

As long as I can remember, the only real problem of 1860 has never been the manager, the players or the fans, but always the management up top.
This tends to be a "thing" with teams I follow. :negative: Hell, even Stevic betrayed his former club by thinking he had the answer.

quote:

Imagine a today's 1860 team with all the talents that they have sold in the last ten years still in the team.

Even if you restricted it to the last five years, there would be a huge difference. The Bender brothers, Daniel Halfar, Kevin Volland (since there was an option to buy his contract from Hoffenheim), Stefan Aigner, and Mortiz Leitner are young guns who come to mind immediately. Hell, even guys like Rukavina, Buck, and Bell would be useful. I'm having dreams of a Bender-Bierofka-Halfar-Bender midfield hoofing it up to a front line of Volland-Lauth-Friend and I almost want to cry.

The worst part is so many of those guys were sold on the cheap because the team needed cash immediately and a couple more went on free transfers because of salary dumping.

SporkOfTruth fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 6, 2013

• Locked thread