Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I really wish they hadn't tried to force the WZC chest proportions onto Proto Zero, part of the originals charm was the stupid huge chest gem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oblique Angle
Feb 11, 2011

God or the devil? Why not surpass them both?!
So about a week and a half ago inspiration struck while I was (where else?) on the can. It went something like: Lunamaria has a custom-color ZAKU, right? So, when Shinn gets the Destiny, why should she have to stick with the same old boring red, white, and blue scheme on the Impulse? Shinn can keep that, so after a little paint and more than a little cursing at tape and stupid pegs that keep breaking off in their holes ugghh we have the following:

I basically used the ZAFT uniform color scheme as the basis, but being Lunamaria's mech, I figured a few alterations were in order.

:v:

I gotta say, custom color schemes are a lot more fun than painting the kit like it is on the box. I'm definitely going to do more stuff like this in the future.

More here.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nice, that looks better than it has any right to.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I think you should've gone with a slightly less neon shade of pink, but that still looks amazing well painted.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Yeah that's an amazing job. Though... what happens when the Impulse changes packs? :v:

Also the next Metal Build was announced as the Destiny, it looks incredible.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wings of light sold separately for 10000 yen only as a lottery item at Japanese 7-11 gently caress you edition

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

That looks really awesome!

Also, hold onto your butts:

SRC Genesic GaoGaiGar coming out :ssj:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Looks like i'll finally have something to go with my SRC Dino Megazord.:)

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Hell yeah! Now I get to buy all the GaoGaiGar tools again, but cooler!

Nice job! Coming up with custom paint schemes or transferring a character's custom colour scheme to a different suit is always interesting, especially when more effort than "Char = Red" is put in. Any plans for more, or is it going to be a matter of inspiration?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

EthanSteele posted:

Hell yeah! Now I get to buy all the GaoGaiGar tools again, but cooler!

Wait, what are the chances that they make... no they couldn't possibly...

GOLDION CRUSHER? :stare:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

About the same chances we'll ever get a 1/100 Dendrobium or Meteor unit.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I just ordered a bunch of big hype models including the 3.0 and a PAIR OF 30 DOLLAR NIPPERS and I'm most excited about the Master Grade Ball, I'm a loving retard

Songy
Sep 24, 2005

Don't run or walk.
HGUC Zogok hype y'all

Dirtanium
Aug 3, 2007
My wife claimed my RG RX-178 as her own, so I'm looking for another RG to build. Is the Aile strike any good? Which ones are best avoided?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The only RGs to straight up avoid are the RX 78-2 (it's a grenade) and the Skygrasper if you don't plan on getting the Strike. Everything else is fine, if backheavy/kind of flimsy.

The recent GP-01 uses the same frame as the mkII, so if you want you can get that. Its main issue is being rather loose around the waste waist due to the core fighter (which is kind of a lazy one I hear).

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 27, 2013

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

The only RGs to straight up avoid are the RX 78-2 (it's a grenade) and the Skygrasper if you don't plan on getting the Strike. Everything else is fine, if backheavy/kind of flimsy.

The recent GP-01 uses the same frame as the mkII, so if you want you can get that. Its main issue is being rather loose around the waste due to the core fighter (which is kind of a lazy one I hear).

I thought the Core Fighters were optional components on the RG's?

Dirtanium posted:

My wife claimed my RG RX-178 as her own, so I'm looking for another RG to build. Is the Aile strike any good? Which ones are best avoided?

The Aile Strike is a very good kit. A nice solid build, and it's worth getting the Skygrasper if you do get one just for the other two Strike Packs.

edit: I thought i'd posted images of my Strike in this thread. Have a look and see what you think.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

And for comparison, beside my RG Freedom

And as a bonus, my RG Skygrasper rocking the Aile pack while my Strike Gundam has the Launcher Pack. I connected the bases just for the hell of it.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Aug 27, 2013

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I thought the Core Fighters were optional components on the RG's?

It's hard to make GP01's core fighter optional when it makes up the upper chest and the backpack for the Gundam.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TaurusOxford posted:

It's hard to make GP01's core fighter optional when it makes up the upper chest and the backpack for the Gundam.

Yeah, but the RX-78-2's is a choice between it and a generic torso part so I thought the same would be true for the GP-01.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah, but the RX-78-2's is a choice between it and a generic torso part so I thought the same would be true for the GP-01.

I would guess that Bandai didn't want to jack up the price for the GP01s past 2500 yen so they omitted Core Blocks since GP01 CBs would require a lot more work than a RX-78-2 CB.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Prototype Sazabi ver ka: http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2013/08/mg-sazabi-ver-ka-on-display-c3-x-hobby.html

Master Grade Astray Red Frame - http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2013/08/mg-1100-astray-red-frame-on-display-c3.html

Master Grade Astray Noir - http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2013/08/mg-1100-astray-noir-on-display-c3-x.html

Bandai lovin' those Astray frames.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Looks like there's some form of Astray Gold coming too, if you look closely in the Astray Red Frame pictures. Also no oversized sword/bow, no deal :colbert:.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

And thus, in order to capitalize off the currently airing Gundam Seed Destiny Remastered, Bandai releases kits from... Gundam Seed Astray. Uh, okay then.

Not too interested in the red frame, but Astray Noir looks nifty. Even if both are just going to recycle the Duel's frame.

EDIT:

HG F91 is looking good!

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 31, 2013

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/08/hguc-1144-amx-107r-rebawoo-on-display.html

I was hoping for a MG, but the original Bawoo hasn't got one yet I think.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Don't we already have a MG Red Frame?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

No, we have Red Frame Kai.

Also apparently the Red Frame and the Astray Noir are going to be web exclusives. I wish these guys got the throwaway MG spot, and not the Strike Rouge.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2013/08/gundam-seed-destiny-astray-r-secret.html

Seriously? You're gonna strap two Tactical Arms onto a Red Frame Astray? Apparently Lowe has been watching too much Gundam 00.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
You'd think they'd just say "gently caress it" and make a model of the power loader.

Faltion
Jul 4, 2004

I am an anachronism
That Rebawoo is pretty badass.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Silentman0 posted:

You'd think they'd just say "gently caress it" and make a model of the power loader.

Size-wise that'd have to be a Perfect Grade, surely.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Size-wise that'd have to be a Perfect Grade, surely.

It'd be a bit bigger than that...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Seeing the comparison chart there and doing a bit of mental math... that sword would come out to something like a meter long, wouldn't it? :psyduck:.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I love the Astray frames to build so I could get those and be happy. Bandai Premium means it's exclusive to their webshop, but not in a limited quantity right?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

When something's a web-exclusive, that means Bandai will make exactly as many as they get pre-orders. It's how they keep costs down. With that said, you'll probably still be able to get the things from resellers or find a third party recreation of it for a while.

Fun fact: from what I hear from Derringer, the Strike Rouge vRM was originally supposed to be a web exclusive. But then Bandai realized they didn't have a MG that month, threw their hands up, and promoted it to general release. :v:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Agggh, I'll have to keep an eye out then, pisss.

I think the Gold Frame in that picture is the HG that's on the Bandai store right now.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
I've gotta have that Red Frame, especially since I can't stand the Red Frame Kai. What are my options for getting online exclusive in the US without the price getting too jacked up? I seem to remember being interested in one of the online exclusive RGs before (the Strike Gundam with the bazooka/knives and no Aile Pack, I think) but the only place I could find it jacked it up to like 50 bucks which is ridiculous for an RG. Hopefully if I look into it before it actually comes out I'll be able to get it for cheaper.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Son Ryo posted:

I've gotta have that Red Frame, especially since I can't stand the Red Frame Kai. What are my options for getting online exclusive in the US without the price getting too jacked up? I seem to remember being interested in one of the online exclusive RGs before (the Strike Gundam with the bazooka/knives and no Aile Pack, I think) but the only place I could find it jacked it up to like 50 bucks which is ridiculous for an RG. Hopefully if I look into it before it actually comes out I'll be able to get it for cheaper.

http://yokattaweb.jp/store/preorder.html

These guys have always been great for me.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
If im after a Heavy arms custom kit, what would the best one be?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Kea posted:

Wait until Bandai makes Master Grade Heayarms Custom. Both the current 1/100 and 1/144 are old kits and don't do the Gundam justice, and the current MG Heayarms EW is a great kit and is a great base for the eventual Custom.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kea posted:

If you need one RIGHT NOW with low effort I think the 1/100 is better but not by much. If you want the best possible take the MG Heavyarms and adapt as needed. As TaurusOxford says, if Bandai elects to release a Heavyarms Custom MG the current MG is a great place to start but that's far from guaranteed to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'd also wait to see what the Build Fighters series brings. They were teasing a Heavyarms for that and it might drag the Custom in with it, given the series seems to be about modding kits.

• Locked thread