Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

fatherboxx posted:

The only bump on the road was Asha's rescue mission, where you have unupgraded lovely SMG versus boss who murders you in 2 shots and those drat murderbots.

The hot trick I found for doing this fight is to run straight up to the front of the room just to the right of the part sticking out in the middle, staying close to the wall. When you're so close the boss can't target you with their sniper rifle but their head sticks up over the ledge for you to headshot, you can shoot the electrical generators and the mobs and murderbots are mostly corraled into long channels behind you. If someone still has trouble with the Asha rescue boss that should help a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It's annoying that they wrote Fun Shaundi in as hopeless. In SR2 she was basically Kinzie Lite with a lot of business sense, even if a lot of it might have been simultaneous with Pierce.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
She did get abducted by her skinny stoner hippy boyfriend though.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Grab Meatcastle posted:

I'm definitely typing in the right password because I've reset it a couple of times thinking that's what the problem was.
At least you can reset your password. The password reset email just never arrives for me :negative: I dug through the email address associated with that account and found the original "Thank you for registering at SaintsRow.com" email so I know I've got the right address (and I've checked every other address I have). The account it tries to use in game matches the one in the email I got so I'm sure the account I'm telling it to reset is correct. There's nothing in my spam folder and I've marked every saints row related email as not spam and have no mail filters. :iiam:

Diamond Joe Biden
Dec 29, 2009

by Cowcaster
One of my buddies has been having a problem with the gun buying mission on the PS3 version of the game - even after buying customizing. and customizing a pistol the game isn't letting him progress. Restarting the mission/game hasn't worked either. Anyone have any ideas?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Diamond Joe Biden posted:

One of my buddies has been having a problem with the gun buying mission on the PS3 version of the game - even after buying customizing. and customizing a pistol the game isn't letting him progress. Restarting the mission/game hasn't worked either. Anyone have any ideas?
It's not real clear from the instructions but you have to upgrade the gun (not just put a new skin on it) as well.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Diamond Joe Biden posted:

Some people noticed you have to spend all your money upgrading the gun to get it to work. Has he tried that?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Shumagorath posted:

It's annoying that they wrote Fun Shaundi in as hopeless. In SR2 she was basically Kinzie Lite with a lot of business sense, even if a lot of it might have been simultaneous with Pierce.

I haven't seen much of her yet, but I'm thinking it's easily explained as a perception thing. Fun Shaundi isn't literally Saints Row 2 Shaundi; she's what 'real Shaundi' thinks SR2 Shaundi was like. She's clearly very hard on herself, blaming herself completely for pretty much everything that went wrong over the course of her life in the Saints; it's entirely in character for her to be subconsciously ignoring her accomplishments in SR2 and instead emphasizing her failures. I'm a big fan of the Persona games, so it was really easy to read her as Shadow Shaundi, such that I definitely feel like that was the intention.

My interpretation might not be their intention, but it checks enough boxes that I'm feeling pretty confident.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Keep in mind that SR2 Shaundi: smoked Loa dust, got kidnapped, got info from her many exes, and stole Pierce's ideas. Sure, she was a more fun character, but she didn't bring a lot to the table.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Anyone else listen to alot of dubstep after playing this? I know I am after hours of K12 and Dubstep Gun abuse. Really like the Spaghetti song and the Popstar skin for the Dubstep Gun.

EDIT: Kinda figured some people don't like the WUBs. :v:
vvvv

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 1, 2013

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

God no. Listening to the dubstep gun long enough to finish the challenge is ear torture enough.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Starhawk64 posted:

Anyone else listen to alot of dubstep after playing this? I know I am after hours of K12 and Dubstep Gun abuse. Really like the Spaghetti song and the Popstar skin for the Dubstep Gun.

Not really, but it was alright in the game. I basically didn't bother with the radio in this, cause while the selection wasn't as crap as in SRIII it was still mostly underwhelming, some exceptions aside.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Playing as a female with a male voice (my Boss was gender-neutral in 2 god drat it Volition, bring back the slider :argh:) makes the dialogue go a little... weird sometimes. Pierce says he doesn't usually swing that way. I don't think most people do, dude! I'm disappointed that for some cutscenes and in the ship they dump female characters into high heels and suits with emphasised boobs, even though my Boss is walkin' around in guy clothes in the simulation. Saints Row, the tragic tale of one person's struggle with gender identity.

Other than that this game is about a hundred times better than SR3 so far, the Metal Gear Solid mission actually got me laughing out loud.

Diamond Joe Biden
Dec 29, 2009

by Cowcaster

havenwaters posted:

Some people noticed you have to spend all your money upgrading the gun to get it to work. Has he tried that?

This seems to have done it, thanks!!

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I had no crashes before today's patch, and now I've crashed three times on PC. Any similar reports?

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Playing as a female with a male voice (my Boss was gender-neutral in 2 god drat it Volition, bring back the slider :argh:) makes the dialogue go a little... weird sometimes. Pierce says he doesn't usually swing that way. I don't think most people do, dude! I'm disappointed that for some cutscenes and in the ship they dump female characters into high heels and suits with emphasised boobs, even though my Boss is walkin' around in guy clothes in the simulation. Saints Row, the tragic tale of one person's struggle with gender identity.

Other than that this game is about a hundred times better than SR3 so far, the Metal Gear Solid mission actually got me laughing out loud.

The high heels on the ship suits for female bosses are so dumb. I'm jealous King gets his boots in Vice King yellow.

Although talking to Asha as my portly British male boss was hilarious. "These suits are so unflattering" God, I know. My loving lumpy lower back area looks awful in these gray sausage skins :btroll:

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Cleretic posted:

I haven't seen much of her yet, but I'm thinking it's easily explained as a perception thing. Fun Shaundi isn't literally Saints Row 2 Shaundi; she's what 'real Shaundi' thinks SR2 Shaundi was like. She's clearly very hard on herself, blaming herself completely for pretty much everything that went wrong over the course of her life in the Saints; it's entirely in character for her to be subconsciously ignoring her accomplishments in SR2 and instead emphasizing her failures. I'm a big fan of the Persona games, so it was really easy to read her as Shadow Shaundi, such that I definitely feel like that was the intention.

My interpretation might not be their intention, but it checks enough boxes that I'm feeling pretty confident.

I felt the same way in that mission. Must have been the repetition of the phrase, "I'm you!" from Fun Shaundi. Hell, just having every rescue and loyalty mission designed around your teammates feels very Persona-like.

I hope there's gonna be more clothes added to the 360 version. I miss dressing my FemBoss in Male Boss 1's outfit from the Third.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Ugh, do the taunt and DFA challenges, like the disintegration gun, really not count on the soldiers? What a pain in the rear end. I'm down to only 4 challenges left: DFA, TK Catch, Taunts, and distance in an alien vehicle, and they're all annoying to get.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Action Tortoise posted:

I hope there's gonna be more clothes added to the 360 version. I miss dressing my FemBoss in Male Boss 1's outfit from the Third.

I usually get lazy and just wear the sim suit. I mean, all your homies end up looking like superheroes anyway, why not fit in a bit?

Brocktoon posted:

Ugh, do the taunt and DFA challenges, like the disintegration gun, really not count on the soldiers? What a pain in the rear end. I'm down to only 4 challenges left: DFA, TK Catch, Taunts, and distance in an alien vehicle, and they're all annoying to get.

DFA, Taunt, and TK Catch should all be possible in Fight Club. The mobs there count as aliens for some reason. I forget which FC has the Genki Girls as round 2, but that would be the one to do TK Catch on.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 1, 2013

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Pierce says he doesn't usually swing that way.

He says that no matter what sort of male / female / "thing" you are playing - Saints row 2 3 and 4 have been 100% gender neutral.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I interpret that as him usually not boffing his superior, but he'll make an exception this time.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

The Deadly Hume posted:

She did get abducted by her skinny stoner hippy boyfriend though.

One of her things in SR2 is that she does get a little more reliable as a fighter as the Samedi plot goes on. The Boss has no confidence in her in the field after Veteran Child but she holds her own during the final few missions, enough to even a get a compliment when asking how she did (although she goes too far in asking if she could now take Gat or even Pierce). I honestly thought that new Shaundi's complaints pretty much applied to her as well in SRTT where she gets kidnapped by STAG twice and has a reality show called "Who Wants to Sleep with Shaundi?"/borrows their first Steelport hideout from one of her many exes.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wow TK Rifts are a pain in the rear end without catch.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

fatherboxx posted:

there is so much stuff to parody in Metal Gear Solid: Kojima's weirdness, meta stuff, conspiracies and codec calls, but writers rolled with just some lazy box jokes.

To be fair, of the stuff you listed only boxes have been in every game. I wanted to fight a giant robot. :(

Action Tortoise posted:

Hell, just having every rescue and loyalty mission designed around your teammates feels very Persona-like.

Notes for third playthrough: Troy Baker boss taking those Zin punks down.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
How do you get a challenger or bear in SR4? When I gain notoriety, the aliens come out, and not the army. Bears and challengers will show up in mayhem, but you can't seem to hop into vehicles during mayhem.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Biggest human being Ever posted:

There is an enormous difference between getting a silver and a gold on that activity.

Yeah I can feel that, the way people were posting about it left me confused though. If I were of a mind to gold everything (I'm really not right now) I'd probably do the same thing, gently caress doing it all on Hardcore just for epeen.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

WarLocke posted:

DFA, Taunt, and TK Catch should all be possible in Fight Club. The mobs there count as aliens for some reason. I forget which FC has the Genki Girls as round 2, but that would be the one to do TK Catch on.

I thought TK Catch challenge specifically said to catch things thrown by Wardens?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

WarLocke posted:

Ice Buff in Superpower Fight Club Hard Round 2 trivialises those. Freeze a bunch of enemies, taunt 'em all, and DFA them from any height to shatter them (still counts as a DFA kill), then the Genki Girls are Round 3 immediately after.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Brocktoon posted:

I thought TK Catch challenge specifically said to catch things thrown by Wardens?

The text says Wardens specifically but IIRC it counts for anything thrown at you with TK.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
It's also more than just a MGS parody. Until the box it's mostly a Splinter Cell parody.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
EDIT: Way the hell beaten on the challenge help, but I'm pretty sure Freezing then DFA only counts as shatter kill, not DFA.

Beat this yesterday morning, can someone list what each of the system overrides does?

Also, regarding Keith David at the end was he supposed to be killed "off camera"? I mean for his loyalty mission, you find that he sold out the saints for personal gain. Then, when he has a change of heart, Zingyak traps him back in They Live, at the end of which, Piper puts him in a sleeper hold. But during that rooftop fight, it looks like Super Keith is just standing there, watching. After that, I don't see him on the ship anymore, he's not on any of the teams you bring with you to destabilize the simulation, and I don't remember him being in the dance party. So my guess is that after he double crosses Zingyak, he's just killed off, but we don't see it.

Two other ending questions:
1) For the dance party, if you didn't do the loyalty missions, do the characters show up in their regular clothes?
2) What song is supposed to play over the credits? Like others, I just got silence

CzarChasm fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Sep 1, 2013

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

RBA Starblade posted:

Wow TK Rifts are a pain in the rear end without catch.

You should be able to still catch the balls during the TK Rifts even if you haven't unlocked the upgrade for the open world through M.O.M. yet.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

CzarChasm posted:

Two other ending questions:
1) For the dance party, if you didn't do the loyalty missions, do the characters show up in their regular clothes?
2) What song is supposed to play over the credits? Like others, I just got silence

1) Yes, any you don't do the loyalty missions for are in their regular clothes.
2) Biz Markie, of course

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Cleretic posted:

But I still think there's enough of the real Shaundi in Past Shaundi to consider Past Shaundi "real enough". It's like she's a part of Shaundi's subconscious that she buried, and the simulation brought it out and made it into a separate entity. She might be colored by Shaundi's preconceptions about herself, but I think she's "real" enough.

I just wished they would've came up with a way to [spoiler]give her a corporeal body, so that she could still roll with the real world Saints

edit: Spoilered because I'm not sure if we're Un-Spoiler yet.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I have a question about the final mission.

If you select Pierce/Shaundi for the second stage, who is the guy that spawns when you clear Shaundi's platform? I didn't recognize him. Looks kind of dark-skinned, wearing a wide bandana and maybe short dreadlocks?

RiffRaff1138
Feb 28, 2006

Every single motherfucker thinks they're gonna save the fuckin' world... Why not do something about the shitty economy or whatever instead?! Son of a bitch!

WarLocke posted:

I forget which FC has the Genki Girls as round 2, but that would be the one to do TK Catch on.
Medium, with Jyunichi as the boss. Thing is, in my experience anyway, it's kinda hard to not pick up the girls themselves instead of their projectiles. I guess I'm just too close, but when I try to get farther away, they either follow me or just shoot me.

CzarChasm posted:

EDIT: Way the hell beaten on the challenge help, but I'm pretty sure Freezing then DFA only counts as shatter kill, not DFA.
It does count as DFA. I ground out that challenge last night on frozen Vice Kings.

Edit: That is, it won't bring up the DFA score meter, but it does count for the challenge. So you're sort of right.

RiffRaff1138 fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 1, 2013

Winter Rain
Jan 28, 2009

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I have a question about the final mission.

If you select Pierce/Shaundi for the second stage, who is the guy that spawns when you clear Shaundi's platform? I didn't recognize him. Looks kind of dark-skinned, wearing a wide bandana and maybe short dreadlocks?

I'm guessing it's reality show winner Puerto Rican Thunder God.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

CzarChasm posted:

Group version of Opposites Attract, Biz Markie, and non-sing along Aerosmith, and one or two other non sing a long songs.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah when I beat the game the music messed up and it was just a bunch of really fast music/lyrics playing over each other.

It's the weekend, I'm thinking goon co-op. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

I'm in the middle of Asha's recruitment mission and between the Hulk: Ultimate Destruction callback and "That sounds awesome!" I'm still in love with this game :allears:

I'm finishing up the last homie recruitment mission, about how far into the main story am I? I have not started Emergency Situation yet.

• Locked thread