Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I was thinking back to the show they did honoring Hank after his death the other day. It may be one of my favorite single Stern shows ever. It was very funny, and very touching. Everything from the widow Goodstein, there reminiscences of previous Hank appearances, right down to Robin breaking down crying when Howard was singing "You'll Never Walk Alone"... It was a great show.

They show may not be what it used to be, but goddamn if Hank isn't that one thing I miss the most.

If you guys had to try to narrow it down to a single favorite show, what would it be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

DangerDummy! posted:

right down to Robin breaking down crying when Howard was singing "You'll Never Walk Alone"... It was a great show.

Do you have a clip of this?

Edit: nevermind, here's the whole show

an adult beverage fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 1, 2013

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Oh Beth...

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

DangerDummy! posted:

If you guys had to try to narrow it down to a single favorite show, what would it be?

The Gary apology tape day. Nothing else even comes close.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Gary's Pitch show is really good also. Staggering levels of ball busting.

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude
The day ETM was in studio.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
When a caller told Howard that Fred and his wife had had a fight at the Rainbow Room; that was a good show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVjDghMs41g

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

CrazyAss13 posted:

The day ETM was in studio.

My vote, too.

When I worked as a bouncer in college, I noticed that all the strippers had a list of phrases they would use to gently reject customers while still getting them to have hope and buy dances.

"Well, hon...you never know! You never know..."

I bring this up because BOTH Diana Degarmo and that chick on Playboy radio used the phrase on Eric when he was trying to barnacle on to them, asking for a dinner date or to be added on myspace or something.

I hope Eric lives well into his 70's :allears:

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ZCPk2GZws&t=36m8s

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

From related, I've never seen/heard this ahahahahah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW6MH9ts7gs

I can't begin to narrow it down to one single moment. All of the Artie years.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If you've never seen Beet and Hank argue, it is unbelievable. The first 5 minutes of this video are beyond description

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6huytOz8aM

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

I feel like Beet has gotten less coherant over the years - in older clips, he makes some sense and seems to understand things like half the time.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I'm pretty sure I could watch this video on repeat for the next hundred years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC2tAI3Jr5I

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

haljordan posted:

I'm pretty sure I could watch this video on repeat for the next hundred years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC2tAI3Jr5I

The gif of this with Beth in it is fantastic.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
What do you think are the chances that Sal will write a tell-all after Howard is done for good?

He's a pretty big scumbag; I could see him trying to cash in once he realizes that he's basically unemployable

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

What do you think are the chances that Sal will write a tell-all after Howard is done for good?

He's a pretty big scumbag; I could see him trying to cash in once he realizes that he's basically unemployable

I'm thinking he would be sued out of existence -- I'm sure Howard makes people sign monstrous non-disclosure agreements that have penalty clauses lasting until the end of time.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

And thus was born the first ever 500 page TMZ blind item.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Those agreements don't usually hold up in court so well... I give Sal ten years of poverty and lack of public attention and he writes the book.

fuzzi
Oct 14, 2002
Didn't they say at some point that Metallica was going to play in studio? I never heard anything else about it and then Howard mentioned a Metallica Sirius concert without mentioning them playing in studio. Did I just miss it?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

fuzzi posted:

Didn't they say at some point that Metallica was going to play in studio? I never heard anything else about it and then Howard mentioned a Metallica Sirius concert without mentioning them playing in studio. Did I just miss it?

They talked a great deal about an upcoming in-studio performance during the late 6:00 hour today.

:nms: Richard is going to eat his own jizz in order to be there for it. :nms:

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Sand Monster posted:

They talked a great deal about an upcoming in-studio performance during the late 6:00 hour today.

:nms: Richard is going to eat his own jizz in order to be there for it. :nms:

I don't understand this poo poo. Is this Richard doing this to himself, or is Howard really that strict about having people in the studio? He's not some douchey listener, he works on the other side of the god drat studio door!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I thought Richard knew them on some level due to metal circles? Or is Metallica too cool for everyone else?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brocktoon posted:

I don't understand this poo poo. Is this Richard doing this to himself, or is Howard really that strict about having people in the studio? He's not some douchey listener, he works on the other side of the god drat studio door!

Howard is making Richard jump through hoops because he knows Richard will do it. :smith:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Shouldn't you all know by now it's par for the course to punish/shame/humiliate the only genuinely happy and content staff member on the show :(

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Brocktoon posted:

It's a bit on a radio show?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

FogHelmut posted:

I thought Richard knew them on some level due to metal circles? Or is Metallica too cool for everyone else?

I question if they ever crossed paths as when Richard was really active in Iced Earth and Death it was well past when Metallica hit it big but there's no way Hetfield, Hammett, and Ulrich aren't aware of who those bands are so I imagine if Richard were to meet them and just drop that in it's an instant-credibility thing for him in their eyes.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Anytime they mention Metallica now I always think of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R12SKySSmNU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
In a fair and just world, Metallica would be eating their own jizz to see Richard.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

AxeManiac posted:

In a fair and just world, Metallica would be eating their own jizz to see Richard.

I think this is a little like how Mike Judge talked about how much he loved Richard's work the last time he was on the show. It was a great little moment between the two that not even Howard's bitterness could ruin.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Price Check posted:

I think this is a little like how Mike Judge talked about how much he loved Richard's work the last time he was on the show. It was a great little moment between the two that not even Howard's bitterness could ruin.

I think it was Baba Booey who was bitterly disappointed that Mike Piazza was genuinely excited to meet Richard, but didn't care so much about anybody else on the show. :allears:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Bonzo posted:

Anytime they mention Metallica now I always think of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R12SKySSmNU

I've heard this one a million times and it still makes me laugh like a hyena.

Barbara...Booey.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
So what exactly was Fred's fight with his wife at the Rainbow Room about?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

CortezFantastic posted:

So what exactly was Fred's fight with his wife at the Rainbow Room about?

She was "acting" in a "play" called "Tony and Tina's Wedding", where she played a nun who made out with some guy. Fred was not happy with this, and Howard was very supportive of Fred (read: Howard stirred the poo poo like nobody's business). Fred seemed like he was on the verge of divorce for a long time.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I remember Fred wanting to reach through the phone and strangle the life out of the guy who called in to relay the story.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

I remember Fred wanting to reach through the phone and strangle the life out of the guy who called in to relay the story.

They brought him into the studio a week or two later. Fred was pissed.

Although not as pissed as when they had his wife in to "rehearse" her part and Stuttering John offered to play the role of the guy she makes out with.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

prefect posted:

They brought him into the studio a week or two later. Fred was pissed.

Although not as pissed as when they had his wife in to "rehearse" her part and Stuttering John offered to play the role of the guy she makes out with.

Stuttering John has to be the most universally hated staffer (current or former) in the history of the show, right? Every time they used to play the "Who's the biggest scumbag?" or "Who do you hate most?" game, he'd always be #1 on like, 5 different answer sheets.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 3, 2013

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Crotch Bat posted:

I question if they ever crossed paths as when Richard was really active in Iced Earth and Death it was well past when Metallica hit it big but there's no way Hetfield, Hammett, and Ulrich aren't aware of who those bands are so I imagine if Richard were to meet them and just drop that in it's an instant-credibility thing for him in their eyes.
I actually just recently saw Howard's interview with Lars from 2011 or 2012, and Richard comes in to be a fanboy. Lars didn't know him, but did say that he definitely knew of Iced Earth and Death.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Price Check posted:

Judge actually did two shoutouts during that new Beavis and Butthead season.

A zero-point-zero reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN5OOp3CRaI

And at one point, Beavis says "Charred Walls of the Damned", which is the name of Richard's band.

http://twitter.yfrog.com/2p89dz?sa=0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

GenoCanSing posted:

Judge actually did two shoutouts during that new Beavis and Butthead season.

A zero-point-zero reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN5OOp3CRaI

And at one point, Beavis says "Charred Walls of the Damned", which is the name of Richard's band.

http://twitter.yfrog.com/2p89dz?sa=0

Richard might have actually poo poo himself when he heard his band mentioned. Such a cool guy :3: