Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

So does the Covenant do anything that Pledges won't do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Would it be possible to update the OP. 4chan has their own thread on this game and it's quite the developed thing complete with links to spreadsheets and the wiki

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Really Pants posted:

So does the Covenant do anything that Pledges won't do?

I think they're functionally identical, but the cost of a pledge increases massively every time you do it; presumably you'd eventually get to the point where a single 30-minute pledge costs more to buy than the covenant.

Just buy pledges until you get the two achievements and then either buy the covenant or learn to love the new flesh.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I think they're functionally identical, but the cost of a pledge increases massively every time you do it; presumably you'd eventually get to the point where a single 30-minute pledge costs more to buy than the covenant.

Just buy pledges until you get the two achievements and then either buy the covenant or learn to love the new flesh.

The price of pledges cap at 8^13 cookies (549,755,813,888) after 11 purchases. The only advantage of Covenant over Pledge is that you don't have to keep buying it.

InsomniacTurtle
Aug 8, 2013
So what happens if I don't appease the wrath of the elders? It doesn't really seem like anything different is happening.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

InsomniacTurtle posted:

So what happens if I don't appease the wrath of the elders? It doesn't really seem like anything different is happening.

You keep getting Blood Cookies instead of Golden Cookies.

InsomniacTurtle
Aug 8, 2013

Red Metal posted:

You keep getting Blood Cookies instead of Golden Cookies.

Are blood cookies always the gross clot ones that halve production or can they still be flat cookie bonuses?

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

InsomniacTurtle posted:

Are blood cookies always the gross clot ones that halve production or can they still be flat cookie bonuses?

You can still get flat bonuses, % bonuses, and the cookie chain (the best bonus), with the downside of clots and flat losses. The math turns out that blood cookies are still very good so unless the grandmapocalypse affects any new content (dungeons) it's probably best not to buy the covenant.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
I made an effortpost about golden/blood cookies earlier in the thread, you should read it!

Crayfish
May 7, 2009

InsomniacTurtle posted:

I just got twelve trillion cookies in eight minutes due to getting two blood cookie chains in a row.

Never appease.

The Big Finish
Dec 24, 2007
I did it. I did a hard reset. gently caress you, grandmas, I won't let you devour me. I'm finally free. Everything is going to be alright. I'm going to be ok... :zombie:

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
A full cookie chain actually gives you ~7.407 trillion cookies.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Does one mind have any other requirements? It's showing up for me in the store but I'm not able to buy it even though I have enough cookies.

edit-nvm, reloaded and it let me buy it

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ugh, 2 broken cookie chains. One at 66 million, another at 666 billion. At least it didnt take cookies away.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

Crayfish posted:

I just got twelve trillion cookies in eight minutes due to getting two blood cookie chains in a row.

Never appease.

Pros: A) like x12 better chance to catch a cookie chain and gain trillions of cookies. B) an awesome x666 cps multiplier that nets you trillions

Cons: sometimes you lose a hardly noticable amount of cookies.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Red Metal posted:

A full cookie chain actually gives you ~7.407 trillion cookies.

Only a single digit in the trillions? Lame.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.
I've gotten myself up to 330,353,203 a second.

Do I have a problem?

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Yes.

You're not making enough.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Squirts ink when provoked
The chocolate and heath cookies are done. Here is proof of my sacrifice:

Here's the recipe if anybody wants it. I'm going to smell like butter and blood brown sugar for the rest of the day.

I think I have enough cookie dough for one, maybe two more batches.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

Squidtamer DA posted:

Here's the recipe if anybody wants it. I'm going to smell like butter and blood brown sugar for the rest of the day.

Looks like your cookies didn't survive the cross-dimensional voyage intact. If you lean in close some of them will probably whimper "kill me..."

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Meta Ridley posted:

When that day comes, there is always Anti-Idle for all your Boxes of Skinner needs.

I am sorry to anyone who has not heard of or played this game yet :(
Somehow it's a lot less interesting when there's no cookies.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
I did some number crunching on Blood cookies/Gold Cookies, Appeasing and Covenent.

-Keeping the grand matriarchs happy means your special cookies are worth an average of 16% more. (edit: actually this just goes up over time, nevermind)
-Assuming you get a special cookie about every 3 minutes or so (seems to be about average for me), the 30 minute appeasement is worth it as long as you are making over 450M cps, assuming you capped the appeasement.
-While actively playing, covenant is not worth it until you are making 680M cps
-Unless I'm calculating wrong, thanks to the cap on appeasement, it is better to just keep appeasing rather than get covenant.

Slickdrac fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 1, 2013

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Who's got two thumbs and just reset at a trillion cookies :shepicide:

Eggs
Apr 15, 2007
I don't get how I've been playing this game for so long :shepface:.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
Well I just cheated to get enough cookies that the cookie counter doesn't have enough precision to keep accumulating cookies.

Sorry grandma.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Malcolm XML posted:

Well I just cheated to get enough cookies that the cookie counter doesn't have enough precision to keep accumulating cookies.

Sorry grandma.

Is there a way to cheat to make research faster?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Squidtamer DA posted:

12?! That's the best you can come up with?! Get your grandma on the horn right now, this isn't nearly enough cookies!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Squidtamer DA posted:

I clicked on these cookies and just got the same cookies, I think something's wrong. I shouldn't have access to time machines this early.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Malcolm XML posted:

Sorry grandma.

How? I've tried using the console but it always says "failed to load" resource for me. I'm using Chrome.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 2, 2013

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Beasteh posted:

Who's got two thumbs and just reset at a trillion cookies :shepicide:
Poor you. Resetting for something that doesn't even really do anything anymore. When you could have just cheated them in, for 'having' them sake.

You just put these in the console:
Game.Win('Sacrifice')
Game.Win('Oblivion')
Game.Win('From scratch')

Marketing New Brain posted:

Is there a way to cheat to make research faster?
Yes. You can cheat to get this debug upgrade that makes all research take five seconds. It is 'Ultrascience'

Using the 'inspect element' console thing, this might work. I haven't messed with upgrades:

Since it has a price, you can get it in the store by doing this:
Game.Unlock('Ultrascience')

Sorry that I don't know how to put it directly in. But it seems to be available for SEVEN COOKIES.
When I last checked it was a bunch of nines.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
How the hell do I get the Bingo Center going? I have bought all the Grandma upgrades and have 100 Grandmas. I thought I should see something by now.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

quote:

WHAT DO GOLDEN COOKIES/WRATH COOKIES GIVE ME
Golden cookies:
Multiply Cookies: 49.004166...%
Frenzy: 49.004166...%
Click Frenzy: 1.6625%
Cookie Chain: 0.329166... %

Wrath cookies:
Multiply Cookies: 30.23466... %
Ruin Cookies: 30.23466... %
Clot: 30.23466... %
Cookie Chain: 4.16466... %
Elder Frenzy: 3.966... %
Clicker Frenzy: 1.16466... %

Slickdrac posted:

I did some number crunching on Blood cookies/Gold Cookies, Appeasing and Covenent.

4chan went full sperg on this.

TL;DR Don't buy covenant, keep buying pledges when you need them.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Is there any real content left after buying the Elder Covenant? I think I saw everything at this point.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
The Covenant should increase golden cookie rate in my opinion. Why spend 6.6 trillion on the "toggle" and take the CpS hit when the 500 billion buff does the same thing? There needs to be an incentive to spend the cookies and slow down your base production other than "don't have to look at the upgrades section every 30 minutes."

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Avocados posted:

Is there any real content left after buying the Elder Covenant? I think I saw everything at this point.

Nope, we just gotta wait until the next update.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

I'm going to need that time to get some more Time machines because I want my cps to go up up up (like bitcoins)

Edit: And like, 2 minutes after I post these, they popped on 4chan.

Musluk fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 2, 2013

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I left the game up while I was away for my 12 hour work shift today, only to come home and find out the power had gone out just a few short hours after I left and had come back on not even ten minutes before I got home.

Sometimes the world makes me sad. :smith:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

CJacobs posted:

I left the game up while I was away for my 12 hour work shift today, only to come home and find out the power had gone out just a few short hours after I left and had come back on not even ten minutes before I got home.

Sometimes the world makes me sad. :smith:

What do you want from me? A cookie?

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

The final cursor upgrade's flavor text's reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZBu4mtALFo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I've got 140 clickers/grandmas and 100 of everything else up through portals. Currently at 301.8 Megacookies/S. Not sure whether to pump time machines to 100, bring pointers to 200, or just trigger the elder pact and end it all already. Time machines are the obvious choice for efficiency but my choices stopped being dictated by logic a long time ago.

• Locked thread