Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

What day and time? I'd be conditionally down depending on the time.

I'll be on tonight after 10PST, and Friday at around the same time. Which is when you are sleeping, no doubt. Weekends are pretty drat busy for me, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

I'm going to be farming the dragons for eridium this morning if anyone was some sweet sweet eridium for the new upgrades.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Adregan posted:

I'm going to be farming the dragons for eridium this morning if anyone was some sweet sweet eridium for the new upgrades.
I'm down for this, I'll jump on with my Siren today.

Also has anyone seen the new pearl guns? The Torgue shotgun does 1001% weapon damage :stare:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Allright so the patch breaks all modded gear, like it straight up doesn't exist in your bank anymore. And early reports say that the treasure room exploit has been fixed I have confirmation the old tricks still work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyj0chQZR8A. Also be careful loading up your saves, people are saying that they're losing legit gear on the first character they load up.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 30, 2013

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I didn't have that problem (no modded weapons) and didn't see anyone on se7ensins complain about that *shrug*

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Relin posted:

I didn't have that problem (no modded weapons) and didn't see anyone on se7ensins complain about that *shrug*

That's actually where I read that:

posted:

What the heck? I lost a surprising number of items that were legit on my first loaded character after this update was installed! No more Magic Missile, Inflamable Love Thumper, Casual SWORDSPLOSION!!!, Might of the Seraphs, Explosive Elemental Relic, Antagonist... This doesn't make sense. Yet my non-elemental Norfleet stuck. Looks like everything stuck on my other characters though.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

And early reports say that the treasure room exploit has been fixed I have confirmation the old tricks still work
Is that confirmation yourself? Because I just tried it and fell to my death both times.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Kifisonfire posted:

Is that confirmation yourself? Because I just tried it and fell to my death both times.

No it was a second hand report from se7en sins, I'll be on in a second to try it. It'd be a crying shame because that was the best place farm loot straight up.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Fairly new to this game (finally getting around to it) and like it so far. I was planning on beating it on solo before I got online, with that if I don't have any of the DLC would I still find games available ?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You can still play with DLC havers as long as you download the free compatibility packs and stay out of DLC-only areas.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Fairly new to this game (finally getting around to it) and like it so far. I was planning on beating it on solo before I got online, with that if I don't have any of the DLC would I still find games available ?

What's your GT/level? I've got some early level gear I need to get rid of. If you're going to be on in the evenings this weekend, I'd be happy to donate some top-tier hand-me-down.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Neo Helbeast posted:

No it was a second hand report from se7en sins, I'll be on in a second to try it. It'd be a crying shame because that was the best place farm loot straight up.

It's there still kind of. You need to grenade jump up the side wall to get near the door and there is a new invisible wall are where the old one was. When I have more time I'll map it out.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I'm finding it difficult to want to play again or even muster enough caring to buy any more expansions. It seems like Gearbox is pretty much 'gently caress you, you're having too much fun, here now everything's more of a bullet sponge'

Ugh

Also no goons play this on PS3 anymore so I'm stuck with pubbies, and really, screw that.

The new short with Brick and Tina's pretty good though.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Dr.Smasher posted:

I'm finding it difficult to want to play again or even muster enough caring to buy any more expansions. It seems like Gearbox is pretty much 'gently caress you, you're having too much fun, here now everything's more of a bullet sponge'

Ugh

I'm playing the Hammerlock DLC, and this pretty much describes it to a T. How many Badass Warriors do they really need to send during each engagement? Clip after clip after clip it takes, and they just keep popping out of doors.

And then there's the witch doctors.

It's the most tedious DLC of the bunch so far, for me.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Dr.Smasher posted:

Ugh

Also no goons play this on PS3 anymore so I'm stuck with pubbies, and really, screw that.

The new short with Brick and Tina's pretty good though.

I'm just waiting for the new content next week and I'll be right back into the Borderlands action, for any other PS3 Goons who are lonely and want Borderlands, or other game action: PSN: JudgeTesla

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Have they made this any less difficult and tedious at high levels/endgame? This game would be perfect if you could end up as some sort of bullet god ripping through enemies without a ton of trouble but the bullet sponge hard hitting enemies are so irritating. I don't have fun if I feel weaker the more I level up.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

Have they made this any less difficult and tedious at high levels/endgame? This game would be perfect if you could end up as some sort of bullet god ripping through enemies without a ton of trouble but the bullet sponge hard hitting enemies are so irritating. I don't have fun if I feel weaker the more I level up.

You can cheat at the game to give yourself the guns you need to become a bullet god.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Kilometers Davis posted:

The latest patch actually upped the life regeneration on L61+ foes. :waycool:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

After I lost all my heads/skins to the badass rank glitch that was supposedly loving patched I too am finding it hard to have the will to play. I'm definitely going to get the new level cap DLC because I'd love to see what kind of ridiculous poo poo my level "80" Siren and Gunzerker could do with those new class mods (plus I want to try that new pearl shotgun on my :torgue: Axton), but for now on I'm gibbing myself every single new item they've added because gently caress farming and trading forever. Over 200 hours of this game played with no heads or skins except the ones I bought to show for it, I think I deserve to cheat at this point.

The Duke fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 31, 2013

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
So I'm on my second play through on TVHM and I decided to go through all the DLC (which I ignored in my first run) and so far I've completed Captain Scarlett's (which was okay) and Tiny Tina's (which was fantastic) DLC. These were manageable enough but now I'm going through Sir Hammerlock's big game hunt and I'm just finding it excruciating. I simply don't know how to approach the witch doctors, they seem to have a shitload of health, their critical hit spot is really awkward to hit, they constantly heal themselves, can turn into tornado's and bats to take hugely reduced damage, level up all their allies and those Chupacabra witch doctors have some unavoidable attack that leeches my health and works behind cover.

its awful fighting these guys and they seem really numerous, I've been mostly relying on Deception with Kunai attacks, a beefy shotgun and the rapier and I still die half the time, I tried sniping them but it doesn't do enough damage quickly enough since I can't hit behind their masks enough even with deception. So I'm wondering what do the more experienced players here do to fight them? I'd really appreciate some advice on loadout or skill trees so I can manage this, I'm playing as Zero at around level fifty specializing in cunning and some of Bloodshed. Thanks!

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 1, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
If nothing else I got a level 30 Sham out of this event weekend.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
I got a level 61 transformer.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Got a 61 Impaler out of a locker which blew my mind.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Pax Shift Codes

5 Golden Keys
PC: wjkbt-rh6rc-xh93j-3tj3b-35963
PS3: cbctb-hkccs-jxxwb-s3c3b-33s9k
XBOX: 5bctj-kr6jj-c33kr-wf3bt-hwx5w

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
gently caress this 'what day and time?' nonsense.

GN (PS3): Prince_Jellyfish

Add me. I will try to assist in anything I see any OLfriend trying to partake in. I cook nights in Hawaii so my hours are dumb and random and usually late but. But. This is pretty much all I do besides work and chill with the gf (lol I don't have that) and work and drink so I have tons of potential dasien to be thrown at grinding.

Running a level 46 commando right now, would be stoked for some loot fishing or pretty much anything. Own all dlc(spellcheck wants to say FLEX :torgue:).

EDITING TO NOT NOT-EDIT! : oh and I'm trying to finish TVM bandit slaughter, the fifth, and I've spent close to half a mil trying to clear it. So anyone who wants a HOT hail, you know, holler at a goon.

Rama of Ra fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Sep 3, 2013

Effsix
Aug 5, 2011

Keep it moving, chicken people! These knockoff purses ain't gonna make themselves!

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Pax Shift Codes

5 Golden Keys
PC: wjkbt-rh6rc-xh93j-3tj3b-35963
PS3: cbctb-hkccs-jxxwb-s3c3b-33s9k
XBOX: 5bctj-kr6jj-c33kr-wf3bt-hwx5w

Thank you kindly!

Is anyone else having fun with a suped-up Psycho? I expect I'll respec my character to see what the point of the "being on fire all the time" tree is at some point, it might come in useful against flamey pricks like Terramorphous.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Gonna try to complete the magic slaughter tonight with my couch-coop buddy. Feel free to join in if you want to watch me fall into every last loving trap door! :negative:

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Anyone else getting the new ultimate dlc? I'm curious to see how stupid high some weopons get with the new lvl increases

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I'll definitely be getting the new DLC tomorrow. Probably going to immediately hop into the Gibbed editor and check out the nastiest weapons I can build.
Also stoked about this coming out in the future:

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Jake Blues posted:

I'll definitely be getting the new DLC tomorrow. Probably going to immediately hop into the Gibbed editor and check out the nastiest weapons I can build.
Also stoked about this coming out in the future:

Those are out today as well as the DLC.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Skater h8er posted:

Anyone else getting the new ultimate dlc? I'm curious to see how stupid high some weopons get with the new lvl increases
I've got it. I still haven't beaten Digistruct Peak to get to the overleveled stuff. Basically it's a massive grind of enemies with no checkpoints inbetween. There's new robot enemies too which remind me of the Spider Mastermind from Doom.

Also when Tannis asks you to remove the onions DO NOT REMOVE THE CARROTS!!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kifisonfire posted:

Also when Tannis asks you to remove the onions DO NOT REMOVE THE CARROTS!!

Dare I ask why?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Dare I ask why?
You go into FFYL and if you die you have to restart the mission and she also says a catty remark about specifically picking the onions because Tannis is a crazy bitch.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Well I'm just about done downloading the new dlc so if anyone needs help runnin through it shoot me a message on Xbox live my gt is my forum name

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Have some more keys, console buddies:

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2:
CTC3J-KR9H5-WTZ3T-TJ3TB-6SRRJ

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2:
KTKJ3-J95JT-HX93R-K6BBB-ZWR9H

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2:
CBKTT-66RHB-ZHK5B-SB53J-SJ3KT

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Digistruct Peak is pretty drat short for all the buildup it was getting before release. Played as Krieg and died once due to misjudging my health on the final part with the assassins. I went back to Zer0 and got a sweet hat after one shotting everything in there.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Oy!

I got 16 codes for Upgrade Pack 2 for Borderlands_2

You can have them.

One each. No being cunts.

You must email me, Kilo147 at live.com and reply here with your handle.

They are free.

You're welcome.

P.S. These are for PC, maybe? Gotta redeem online.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

I will take one. :toot:

Were these from PAX?

Calamari
Jul 12, 2003
If my head was on fire would you take the time to put it out ?

7thBatallion posted:

You must email me, Kilo147 at live.com and reply here with your handle.

Borderlands handle: Cerruto (PC)

Thanks brah

Calamari fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Redeem online where? Shift? Steam? I'm on 360 but I wouldn't mind one. Obviously a bit pointless if they don't work. Also thanks for doing this even if I don't get one, you are very generous.

• Locked thread