Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

animeliker posted:

I think the Hyundai Stellar and Pony would be entertaining LeMons beaters, you can still see them on the road from time to time in Ontario (The same cannot be said of early Excels). From what I understand they're basically a knockoff Ford Cortina with the Mitsubishi driveline.

I think it was actually a Morris Marina or some such because Hyundai hired a whole bunch of ex-British Leyland people to help them jump right into the first world car market. Another result was that Kia minivan (Carnival?) still using some variant of the Rover K-series V6 engine all the way up to the early 2000s.

Anyway the Stellar and pony were never actually sold in the US, only EU and Canada and I guess AUS/NZ as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Throatwarbler posted:

I think it was actually a Morris Marina or some such because Hyundai hired a whole bunch of ex-British Leyland people to help them jump right into the first world car market. Another result was that Kia minivan (Carnival?) still using some variant of the Rover K-series V6 engine all the way up to the early 2000s.

Anyway the Stellar and pony were never actually sold in the US, only EU and Canada and I guess AUS/NZ as well.

My mother had a Pony (1988) and it is still being driven by the family friend who eventually bought it off of her.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

A terrible car doing terrible things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVucAwcXzmg

'MERICA, gently caress YEAH! :911::respek::downs:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009

joat mon posted:

But just the 235 straight 6. If they'd used one with the 348 that'd be a completely story.

That's hardly an engine anyway :smug:. I love the comments saying that they totally took pictures with the engine in and took it out for the test.

I can't imagine that a car the size and weight of a full-size '59-64 Chev with a 136 hp engine would be any fun to drive.

For content, this fine Crown Donk has a brand new "HIGH POWER ALTINATOR" "so you can pump beats without the lights diming lol"

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Mooseykins posted:

I wanted to setup a LeMons over here. Never happened though.

Circuit rental is way too expensive in Europe, for some reason.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

drgitlin posted:

Circuit rental is way too expensive in Europe, for some reason.
More than here? I heard it's like 20k a day at NHMS, not even one of the nicer road courses.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

G-Mach posted:

Sounds pretty dangerous. I'd definitely suggest a cage then.

I think statistics probably show that it's incredibly dangerous to live within a mile of a track, I mean, how many accidents happen just outside one? :haw:

Fortunately, just happened to have a trailer to drag it home with after...

note: I am in no way suggesting insurance fraud here, just stating that it probably happens.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Throatwarbler posted:

I think it was actually a Morris Marina or some such because Hyundai hired a whole bunch of ex-British Leyland people to help them jump right into the first world car market.

So Hyundai picked the worst people possible to partner with to try to get into the first world market? That explains a lot.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Crustashio posted:

I love seeing cages in slammed cars that will never be within 100 miles of a track :allears:

... with stock seats, 3-points, and absolutely no padding. :downs:

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

SlapActionJackson posted:

... with stock seats, 3-points, and absolutely no padding. :downs:

Weight savings, obviously.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Looks like it ran over one of those robot things from the Matrix movies.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

More than here? I heard it's like 20k a day at NHMS, not even one of the nicer road courses.

According to a friend who races in Europe, Spa wants €10,000/hour for track rental, so yes.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Like a glove.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Sudo Echo posted:

Like a glove.

Wait... how... :psyduck:

This just doesn't make any sense at all!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Best I can figure is that it ran head-on into the pole in front, and it looks like it did so offset to the left side of the car, so it pivoted slightly around the one in front with enough force to smush the rear bumper against the smaller pole in back.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
No way. Somebody obviously dropped it off a balcony. Perfect placement.

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

Nose dived into the tree at an angle, lifted up in the back as it rotated and then came back to earth against the post maybe?

ef;b how did I not see IOwnCalculus's post?

Aureus fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 31, 2013

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Aureus posted:

Nose dived into the tree at an angle, lifted up in the back as it rotated and then came back to earth against the post maybe?

Has to be. I wonder how a tow truck would get it back off.

I guess you can't really gently caress it up much more than it already is by just pulling it sideways.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

IOwnCalculus posted:

Best I can figure is that it ran head-on into the pole in front, and it looks like it did so offset to the left side of the car, so it pivoted slightly around the one in front with enough force to smush the rear bumper against the smaller pole in back.

That's exactly what went through my mind as soon as I saw it. The fluids on the ground under the engine pretty much confirm that.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Listen maybe that car has been there a while and that pole is a tree and it grew and pushed the car.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

It looked cooler as a thumbnail.

Malpenix Blonia
Nov 27, 2004

Looks like an ill-advised Mitsuoka Orochi homage.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I was browsing around to find a Porsche 924 for my friend to buy, and I found this.

924s ASP lightweight

Let's see... uhhh. There is more than enough wrong with this poor car. For some reason the thing that made me laugh the most was the oval dash/85.5 door cards in a square dash/early car. Notice in the interior shots how the door card and edge of the dash don't line up.

e: His idea of "fully stripped out" is removing the rear seats and the rear trim. All the other carpets are present, the heavy porsche Tombstone seats are still there, and I'll bet that the spare is still in the back. I think I'll fully strip my 944 by taking out the footwell carpets!

Falken fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Sep 1, 2013

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!
The Fabulous Thunderbirds:

Are those horns sticking out of the lower front bumper?

I don't know what to make of this one, it looks competently put together, at least.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
If you paint the brake master blue, how do you check the side visual markers for fluid level?

EDIT:\/\/\/ It's a level sensor, no need to check! :haw:

Sockington fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 1, 2013

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Sockington posted:

If you paint the brake master blue, how do you check the side visual markers for fluid level?

Most of these people probably don't check fluid levels. Ever.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I like the ute, but most ute conversions look cool to me.

I would never do this to my 944, but it looks awesome.

Shooting brake 944s remind me of Captain Scarlet's car, just sans the gigantic sharkfin on the back.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

That wrinkly, blood-colored leather... ewww.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Saw this today:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Did you rescue the children locked inside?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

jamal posted:

Saw this today:

Shame we can't see the plates. I'd guess County 1, 3, or 30. :v:

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Original:

http://jamalb.net/gallery/d/4670-1/1230423_10101775725219255_1515640187_o.jpg

30 maybe?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

jamal posted:

30 maybe?

Sure looks like it.
I still do a double-take when I see I-90 signage. "Hey! I remember green!"

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Pilsner posted:

That wrinkly, blood-colored leather... ewww.

Those gauges are a far worse offense to me, though that is pretty hideous.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
What model of BMW is that? I bet whatever it is those ugly seats wouldn't stop me from driving it.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
Non-M E36.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
5er or a 7, 80s-90s era.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
E36 non m for sure. #1 choice for all BMW ricers.

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Ulfhednar posted:

The Fabulous Thunderbirds:

I don't know what to make of this one, it looks competently put together, at least.

I think that belongs in the Awesome thread. That may not be the consensus in this thread, but I'd drive it.