Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

uaciaut posted:

I wouldn't want game breaking weapons to begin with, from what you're saying the guns you guys make seem fairly balanced and i'd definitely like to try them all out, probably gonna wait for the pack. Shame there isn't any decent mid-late game weapon that uses .357 ammo, la longue carabine and lucky get outclassed in every way by other weapons.

By the way, is there any way i can check a weapon's crit multiplier, since it's not a shown stat by default?

Try the signature weapons mod in the OP. It's balanced well enough by default not to be stupidly powerful, but it'll let you do stuff like running Lucky for the entire game.

I personally use the Signature Weapons mod with a mod called I Love Glocks. Running around using a Glock 31 for the entire game is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:
Cirosan, i seem to also be having a problem with your Perk Rebalance mod - the OWB part at least, it's not affecting my Brainless/Heartless/Spineless perks (as in i still get str bonus from spineless, etc); checked the load order, nothing affecting perks is found after the Perk Rebalance modules, any clue as to why this might happen?

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
Are there any mods that add new monsters in the vein of Monster Mod, but don't turn FNV into a crashy piece of poo poo? I really would like something more to fight than just coyotes and feral ghouls, but since Monster Mod seemed to not play nice whenever I loaded a cell...

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

JackMackerel posted:

Are there any mods that add new monsters in the vein of Monster Mod, but don't turn FNV into a crashy piece of poo poo? I really would like something more to fight than just coyotes and feral ghouls, but since Monster Mod seemed to not play nice whenever I loaded a cell...

IWS makes everything more common; spawning in the eastern city area usually has a big fight with the NCR and Fiends, the Legion and NCR clash more often; it really spiced the game up for me.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I have two suggestions for "more dudes to shoot".

DFB Random Encounters adds encounters back to the game, including patrols and other poo poo (this was a feature in Fallout 3 which was awesome.)

Increased Wasteland Spawns also does just that, I like to run it on the absolute minimum specs.

Also, CoP, Yukichigai Unofficial Patch looks to be a fantastic and lightweight bug fixing mod. This is the guy who did Fallout 3 weapon restoration, as well as Shifter/Biomod for Deus Ex (I forget which one, exactly.)

I'm going to use this in my new playthrough instead of NVEC/Mission Mojave/whatever. Check out the change log to see what exactly it fixes - between this and JSawyer, I'm pretty excited to have as bug free of a New Vegas as possible.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Mock and Droll posted:

Are there any ENB presets for this that are widely accepted as 'good'? Especially if there's any people can suggest that aren't too harsh on performance. I've just built a new computer, and want to make this game just a touch more vibrant.

Lone Wanderer's pretty nice. http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/50327/

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I installed the Western Sky mod and then uninstalled it (I guess? I just unpatched everything. The mod comes with no install/uninstall directions.) but now it seems like the nights are still really dark. I figured maybe the weather cycle has to reset so I rested several days and fast traveled but no dice. Any ideas?

e: also for the Lone Wanderer suggestion-- is it really that complicated to install? The description made my head hurt.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Thinking about playing New Vegas again. I see Tales of Two Wasteland has finally got updated after it just died last year so I want to try that over searching random website for the old Capital Wasteland mod. But I want to know if Ropekid's mod works for it?

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

JackMackerel posted:

The original momod was awesome but added some really powerful critters and caused a lot of stability problems, especially when ghoul swarms appeared. There is a new version on nexus with a different name since the original fell afoul of nexus moderators deciding it had stolen content and must be purged. The new version just adds a bunch of (in my opinion) really badly modified existing critters that really don't fit the game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

King Doom posted:

The original momod was awesome but added some really powerful critters and caused a lot of stability problems, especially when ghoul swarms appeared. There is a new version on nexus with a different name since the original fell afoul of nexus moderators deciding it had stolen content and must be purged. The new version just adds a bunch of (in my opinion) really badly modified existing critters that really don't fit the game.

Shame nobody did a mod like the similar one a person made for Skyrim where it removes the 'non-lore friendly' ones and readjust the names if needed.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

King Doom posted:

MoMod did have stolen content from Borderlands in it though, as well as some other content used without permission or credit despite being asked to remove it. It kind of got what it deserved.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It had a ton of models from STALKER, too.

But yeah, it was terribly balanced, just totally stupid. Like, you step out of Goodsprings and there are a number of janky-looking giant tarantulas that move twice as fast as you can and are on par with late-game FO3 enemies in terms of the amount of punishment they can take and dish out. It had the humorous effect of doing for the southern road through Nipton what deathclaws do for the northern route straight to New Vegas.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

I installed the Darnified UI and I really like it... except for one problem. The text is too large for many text boxes. This is especially annoying with item overlays when picking items up, because the weight and value fields are partially overwritten by "WG" and "VAL" respectively, and sometimes the description. Is this a problem with Darinified UI or with my installation of it?

v v v Thanks! I knew it was probably me being dumb, I probably just clicked on the screenshots and then scrolled right down to the download link, ignoring everything between like an illiterate idiot.

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 31, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

pun pundit posted:

I installed the Darnified UI and I really like it... except for one problem. The text is too large for many text boxes. This is especially annoying with item overlays when picking items up, because the weight and value fields are partially overwritten by "WG" and "VAL" respectively, and sometimes the description. Is this a problem with Darinified UI or with my installation of it?

You need to edit the [fonts] section of your .ini correctly. I haven't looked at the readme for a long time, but the DarnifiedUI link in the OP has what you need to edit as step 1 in the install instructions.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

pun pundit posted:

I installed the Darnified UI and I really like it... except for one problem. The text is too large for many text boxes.
You didn't do the .ini edit part of the installation. Read the instal instructions.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I have a question about the Lings mod. I want to use it to get a certain hair from it that was actually normal looking. But how do I know it only putting the hair in my playable character status only. I rather not have a bunch of random characters getting terrible looking anime hairs.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I had this same "bug" when using Lings with NVEC; my solution (which, granted, won't even apply if you're not using NVEC) is to untick the compatibility patch for the two in the mod manager. Didn't have any issues after that.

Thing is, the main version of the mod shouldn't even have the NPC hairs enabled; you have to download an optional file from the same page if you wanna see them. Somehow, the compatibility patch re-enabled them. :raise:

e:
modding.txt

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 1, 2013

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
That sure adds a lot to Moore's characterization, though. :shepface:

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Does the PN weapon rebalance make the Laser Rifle way OP? I'm playing through the game on Hard/Hardcore with a Laser Rifle, 9 Luck, 25 Energy Weapons, and I'm just destroying all the regular enemies I come across in the Mojave. My plan was to drag a follower around to do all the killing and the Laser Rifle was just so I could entertain myself plinking while someone else does the work.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I'm having a weird issue with textures, or cells, or something. Here's a mild example:

Out in the world there will occasionally be weird splotches of darker hues. When I move they're gone, and when I stop I can see them only from certain angles. There have been other strange happenings - occasionally a desert shrub will be replaced with a series of 2D tan rectangles shuffled together, though the effect only occurs for a few seconds. More bizarre is the fact that at certain points large portions of the world will become transparent - the effect is sort of like noclipping down through the Z-axis, all the objects in the cell become semi-transparent but the ground is replaced by silvery patterns. It happened once while I was inside the Nipton town hall and the .357 revolver I was carrying became partially transparent as well - the barrel of the gun became translucent and all 6 bullets could be clearly seen through the chamber. Both of these effects are temporary and only seen in certain places from certain perspectives, and don't occur when moving.

here's my load order if anyone has a clue what the issue might be.

quote:

[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] Companion Core.esm
[X] NVInteriors_Core.esm
[X] NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
[X] RobCo Certified.esm
[X] DFB - Random Encounters.esm
[X] IWS-Core.esm
[X] jsawyer.esp
[X] TFH Rugged Race.esp
[X] OWB Companion Teleport.esp
[X] OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
[X] OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
[X] OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp
[X] OWB Valence Extra.esp
[X] OWB Valence Mask.esp
[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp
[X] CASM.esp
[X] Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
[X] The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp
[X] kochandbohr.esp
[X] NewVegasBounties.esp
[X] outsidebets.esp
[X] Expanded Traits.esp
[X] NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch - NVSE.esp
[X] Unified Backpack Mod.esp
[X] IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
[X] IWS-Core-Guards.esp
[X] IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
[X] IWS-DM.esp
[X] IWS-HH.esp
[X] IWS-OWB.esp
[X] IWS-LR.esp
[X] pyDoF.esp
[X] Rustyhwys.esp
[X] AG Supplementary Uniques-AllInOne.esp
[X] EMR-StealthSuitMkII.esp
[X] NVWillow.esp
[X] RobCo Certified Friendly Hit Fixer.esp
[X] WeaponJamming.esp
[X] Fellout.esp
[X] Fellout-OWB.esp
[X] UniversalPerkRequirements.esp
[X] Merged Patch.esp
[X] ExtendedNVRadio.esp

Also FOMM won't recognize NVSE when it loads, I have to redirect it to the same game folder every time I start it. w/e.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Also the expanded trait mods are fun but really old. When I start a game there are three different variants of Skilled. I took One-Handed and I don't know if actually has any effect but I've used it as an opportunity to change up the clear gun progression that all my gun-using characters have stuck with through my games.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I haven't played New Vegas in a while, so I thought it was as good a time as any to delete everything and start over! I've just gotten into using Mod Organizer for Skyrim though, and I was wondering if there was a way to make it play nice with Fallout, seeing as how the file structures for mods are pretty similar.

Edit: Ah I see, don't know if you can manage both programs from one instance of the program, but setting up another folder just for FNV works.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 2, 2013

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Alright, I finally got my laptop back and am looking to play New Vegas again. Looking through the first couple pages of this thread, I've found two main mods that make the Strip one huge area rather than having all those lovely gates break everything up. There's New Vegas Restoration and The Strip Open. Has anyone used both of these mods before, and if so, which one is is better? I'm kind of pulled toward the first one, but the new gates into New Vegas is kind of off-putting.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

The PN radiation rebalance makes Vault 34 a very interesting experience. Went in there wearing Power Armor and carrying a shitload of RadAway, found a shitload of RadAway in there almost straight away, left there with zero RadAway and critical radtiation poisoning (plus I basically had to just grab the pulse weapon and run, no time for anything else, and I've done it a bunch of times so I know exactly where to go in what order).

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Seashell Salesman posted:

The PN radiation rebalance makes Vault 34 a very interesting experience. Went in there wearing Power Armor and carrying a shitload of RadAway, found a shitload of RadAway in there almost straight away, left there with zero RadAway and critical radtiation poisoning (plus I basically had to just grab the pulse weapon and run, no time for anything else, and I've done it a bunch of times so I know exactly where to go in what order).

Yeah, that was fun for me too.

I've found that the coolest parts of PN are randomly stumbling across new stuff and new armor/guns/implants where there didn't used to be any.

No spoilers but definitely visit Nellis and Vault 11 has a neat surprise in it (aside from it's awesome quest).

PN really does make the game so much more fun, when I played it on 360 I did a legion and NCR playthrough and that's it, barely touched a lot of stuff. With PN (and other mods) it changes the game enough that it's almost like playing something else.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Basic Chunnel, are you using ENB? Those sound like bugs I experienced when using it, no matter the version or set up.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Yeah I am. That's probably it. And I haven't noticed any difference at all, really.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

There's New Vegas Restoration and The Strip Open. Has anyone used both of these mods before, and if so, which one is is better? I'm kind of pulled toward the first one, but the new gates into New Vegas is kind of off-putting.
I prefer The Strip Open: it just merges the three Strip cells into one area, nothing more. New Vegas Restoration adds a whole bunch of crap that doesn't really fit in my opinion.

Tip: Bethesda's Gamebryo isn't a really efficient engine and these sort of mods place a lot of extra strain on the engine that can lead to stuttering, slowdown, crashing and freezing if your system can't handle it. You also can't uninstal them properly from an ongoing playthrough.
So test things first before comitting to a playthrough.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

Yeah I am. That's probably it. And I haven't noticed any difference at all, really.

Some ENB configurations are amazing, but unfortunately it's still a buggy hack with a lot of problems. In case you are using an ATI card though, try to turn ForceNVidiaCard or whatever the option was in the ENB ini to 1. Supposedly that fixes a bunch of problems, though I never managed to make it work, personally.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

tehinternet posted:

Yeah, that was fun for me too.

I've found that the coolest parts of PN are randomly stumbling across new stuff and new armor/guns/implants where there didn't used to be any.

No spoilers but definitely visit Nellis and Vault 11 has a neat surprise in it (aside from it's awesome quest).

PN really does make the game so much more fun, when I played it on 360 I did a legion and NCR playthrough and that's it, barely touched a lot of stuff. With PN (and other mods) it changes the game enough that it's almost like playing something else.

I don't know if I found this Vault 11 surprise or not. Does it require going into the suicide chamber?

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Raygereio posted:

I prefer The Strip Open: it just merges the three Strip cells into one area, nothing more. New Vegas Restoration adds a whole bunch of crap that doesn't really fit in my opinion.

Tip: Bethesda's Gamebryo isn't a really efficient engine and these sort of mods place a lot of extra strain on the engine that can lead to stuttering, slowdown, crashing and freezing if your system can't handle it. You also can't uninstal them properly from an ongoing playthrough.
So test things first before comitting to a playthrough.

Yeah, that's what I figured, thanks for the input.

Second question, using the FOMM from Nexus, I installed Nevada Skies Vanilla with it. The description says to download both the Vanilla 7-1 version and the data files as well, but in FOMM it only allows one to be active at a time. Was it enough to download them both and just have Vanilla be active? I've been running around in the game a bit, rain storms are taking place, but there's some red lines coming onto the screen that're kind of annoying. Any idea to get rid of them (Already put NS as far down as could be allowed)?

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

I don't know if I found this Vault 11 surprise or not. Does it require going into the suicide chamber?

Yeah. It's in there on the right room of the chamber. It comes in two pieces.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

tehinternet posted:

Yeah. It's in there on the right room of the chamber. It comes in two pieces.

Oh nice. Does it still require the special training?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Is Project Nevada compatible with JIP selective-fire? I've got it being installed in the NMM (I don't know how to install mods with FOMM) and it asking me if I want to overwrite something on the HUD that's in use by JIP and I'm not sure I do.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Oh nice. Does it still require the special training?

I don't know. I had. already visited the Crashed Vertibird and gotten the training manual; I've been sticking with advanced recon armor though, it's awesome.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Does critical damage ignore DT or is that a myth?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Does critical damage ignore DT or is that a myth?
Pretty sure that's incorrect. The vault wiki has this formula for damage, which seemed fairly accurate when I tested it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Raygereio posted:

Pretty sure that's incorrect. The vault wiki has this formula for damage, which seemed fairly accurate when I tested it.

Thought so, thanks.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Does anybody know how to get any ENBSeries for New Vegas working on Windows 8 with NVSE and FNV4gb.exe? For some reason I can't get it working when running from FNV4gb.exe but it works fine when I run nvse_loader.exe instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Does anybody know how to get any ENBSeries for New Vegas working on Windows 8 with NVSE and FNV4gb.exe? For some reason I can't get it working when running from FNV4gb.exe but it works fine when I run nvse_loader.exe instead.

Using the latest version of FNV4gb.exe, you have to install the injector version of ENB and add -extradll enbseries.dll as a launch option to FNV4gb for it to work. The easy method of doing this is creating a shortcut to FNV4gb.exe and putting -extradll enbseries.dll as part of the target.