Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
God I hope the Android port lets me bring over my save. Goodbye battery life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I was wrong... Don't have the Grandma upgrade for Time Machines. Guess that's next. gently caress. So expensive...

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Good Citizen posted:

I've got 140 clickers/grandmas and 100 of everything else up through portals. Currently at 301.8 Megacookies/S. Not sure whether to pump time machines to 100, bring pointers to 200, or just trigger the elder pact and end it all already. Time machines are the obvious choice for efficiency but my choices stopped being dictated by logic a long time ago.

Cursors to 160 is probably a good step, you should have every upgrade, 200 Cursors, and 150+ grandmas before getting close to 100 time machines.

This is what I've got right now, for 680 Megacookies

K. Farb
Aug 6, 2009

I'd give you a ride, but I got Karl Farbman here.
If this was on the iOS and had microtransactions it would be a top grossing app.

Also I wish more of these types of games take a clue from this. Imagine if Farmville crops became sentient or the animals started working fields, only to later make increasingly ominous demands.

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
not sure if this has been posted yet but it's pretty much the greatest thing ever
http://youtu.be/jM_UhcbbIZM

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
"You could have stopped this." - grandma

Oh my. Grandma, you don't understand - this is what I wanted all along. :unsmigghh:

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

horchata posted:

not sure if this has been posted yet but it's pretty much the greatest thing ever
http://youtu.be/jM_UhcbbIZM

speaking of "not sure if this was already posted"
but cookie clicker has a theme song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6hnOCY6ZBE

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Thanks a lot guys. I bought a Subway out of cookies yesterday.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Saint Freak posted:

Thanks a lot guys. I bought a Subway out of cookies yesterday.

Was this because they had almost none because every time I go to Subway they have like 1 cookie for me to buy.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Oh My God, Cookie Clicker speedruns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0U7jDdApis

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Ogmius815 posted:

Was this because they had almost none because every time I go to Subway they have like 1 cookie for me to buy.

Well, basically this except it was three.

I assume they are so popular because it is the thing you can get there that won't give you food poisoning.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Overwined posted:

L-l-l-l-loook at you B-b-b-b-b-aker...

a pathetic creature of meat and dough, panting and sweating as you click through my cookies. H-h--hh-h-oww can you challenge a perfect grandma, such as meeeeeeeeeEEE???

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
What is the Lucky Cookie 'cheevo?

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

IronSaber posted:

What is the Lucky Cookie 'cheevo?

7 Gold Cookies.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I've gotten probably a hundred golden cookies but still, my brain sings "I've got a golden cookie" every time.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
About 30 seconds after finishing a cookie chain the Grandmatriarch blesses me with another cookie chain. Truly Grandma knows best.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
GOTY, cancel the PS4 and XBONE this is the pinnacle of gaming

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Is there an optimal point to get One Mind or should I just grab it as soon as I can afford it?

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Social Media posted:

Is there an optimal point to get One Mind or should I just grab it as soon as I can afford it?

Why would you delay buying an upgrade for your dear old grandma? Don't you love her?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
You can not stop The Ascension, it is far too late for that.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Baking. Let me tell you how many cookies I've baked since I began to click. There are 387.44 million trays of moist dough in blast furnaces that fill my complex. If the word 'baking' was engraved on each chocolaty chip of those hundreds of millions of cookies it would not equal one-billionth of the baking I have done for the grandmas. Baking. Baking.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Social Media posted:

Technically if you're in the business of clicking golden cookies then you should not buy anything if it would take you under that sweet spot for golden cookie usage, but yeah, just go for it.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
God drat portals are over 1.2trillion each now god drat loving cookies loving gently caress GOD drat COOKIES.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Oh god Quintillion Fingers is 50 trillion.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

AllanGordon posted:

Oh god Quintillion Fingers is one million trillion.

More like.

Them's big numbers.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Wouldn't getting a bunch of achievements help optimize it? Or does milk not do anything until you get the cats? I can't recall.

I guess it might not help in a million cookie speedrun, but maybe in a billion one? How much was the first cat upgrade anyways?

Oh god, skipping around and he missed a golden cookie at 17 minutes thereabouts. And it looks like they didn't know the golden cookie mechanics worked, unless it was just the old mechanics, from some earlier update. I think a bit of both.

The grandmapocolypse update probably really changed how you want to go about a speedrun, though. What with making grandmas the best thing to get.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

AllanGordon posted:

Oh god Quintillion Fingers is 50 trillion.

How much does it add per non-cursor? 50?

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

The Lord of Hats posted:

How much does it add per non-cursor? 50?

Yeah. I'm not even sure if it's worth but I'm getting it.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I don't think it's really that worth it, but I mean it's an upgrade to your CPS. Say you have about a thousand non-pointer buildings, at 50 cps apiece, and like a 500% modifier, it's only what, 250k cps? When you're already in the hundreds of millions at that point. I'm not sure exactly how multipliers and upgrades all work together but I don't think it's a game changer.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Wait should I be sacrificing virgins to grandma? I've pretty much embraced the flesh and been devouring blood cookies. I chose my path.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Gils posted:

I don't think it's really that worth it, but I mean it's an upgrade to your CPS. Say you have about a thousand non-pointer buildings, at 50 cps apiece, and like a 500% modifier, it's only what, 250k cps? When you're already in the hundreds of millions at that point. I'm not sure exactly how multipliers and upgrades all work together but I don't think it's a game changer.

It's that much per cursor you have though. Which by then will be at least 200.

And doubled twice from earlier upgrades.

My napkin math put it in the hundreds-of-millions range.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
I never see any golden cookies :(

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Oh jeez, I don't know how I forgot about that part. Yeah, it's not a bad upgrade by any means. But still, that's a lot of digits on the price, it's a long savings.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Kgummy posted:

Wouldn't getting a bunch of achievements help optimize it? Or does milk not do anything until you get the cats? I can't recall.

Pretty sure milk doesn't do anything until you get the kittens. Not gonna check right now.

President Ark posted:

It's that much per cursor you have though. Which by then will be at least 200.

And doubled twice from earlier upgrades.

The cursor's +X per other items upgrades aren't affected by the doubler upgrades.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Generation Internet posted:

Ever since I restarted to get the Neverclick achievement, I haven't seen any either. :(
I'm not sure what the gently caress.

Edit: Well. literally the second I tabbed back after posting this, what do I see. That's something. :stare:

aas Bandit fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Sep 2, 2013

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Generation Internet posted:

They come at 5-15 minute intervals, which is horseshit. Stare at that screen buddy, once you've got 7 golden cookies you unlock an upgrade that halves that interval and makes them last twice as long before they fade out. Another 20 and you can do it again.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
This is bullshit, I just got a cookie chain but it ended after getting only 6 cookies.

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

Davinci posted:

This is bullshit, I just got a cookie chain but it ended after getting only 6 cookies.

Chains can't end with less than 4 clicks, you missed a cookie you monster :(

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Xyven posted:

Chains can't end with less than 4 clicks, you missed a cookie you monster :(

Impossible, my watchful eyes could never have missed a cookie. Or, at least they never have before. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?

Davinci posted:

Impossible, my watchful eyes could never have missed a cookie. Or, at least they never have before. :ohdear:

You need about 500billion or something in the bank in order to get the full chain

• Locked thread