Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
My dad took my car to the dealership and it turns out it can be fixed for only $500! I was afraid I was going to have to sell it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Got all of my bills switched over to auto-pay last night. Excited that I don't write check anymore like some guy from the 70's.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

wilderthanmild posted:

Got all of my bills switched over to auto-pay last night. Excited that I don't write check anymore like some guy from the 70's.

Some of my bills are a few dollars cheaper with auto pay. Some are a few dollars more. :psyduck:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I won a free copy of the new XCOM shooter from 2K. :toot: Alien shooting here I come.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
New reason for awesome day, I completely cleaned and organized my office. Now I just need something to hang on the wall besides tons of reference materials.

gleep gloop posted:

Some of my bills are a few dollars cheaper with auto pay. Some are a few dollars more. :psyduck:

My student loan autopay supposedly lowered my interest a little bit if I read it right. My Gas, Electric, and Rent(Includes cable and water) aren't effected either way. If I used my debit card instead of my checking account it would have been like $50 more, mostly because the "convenience" fee on my Rent was over $30 if I used card.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Who got a promotion, a 25% raise, and a signing bonus?
<- This guy.

More responsibilities, here I come.

Holy crap, this has been such an amazing day. Totally did not see it coming.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Finally had my gall bladder removed after 2.5 years of suffering. Recovery is gonna suck but I'm so glad I got it done at last.

DontFearTheReefer
Dec 7, 2006
I discovered Doug Stanhope on netflix

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
My friend really liked her birthday present :3:

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Yesterday my boyfriend took me out for a fun night and ended up proposing to me. Like down on a knee with a ring and everything.

We've talked about it in a vague sort of "eventually we'll do that" sort of way and that was great, we'd get around to it when we got around to it. Now I'm actually engaged and some day is going to be this winter :)

geeko55
Jun 11, 2013

Esmerelda posted:

Yesterday my boyfriend took me out for a fun night and ended up proposing to me. Like down on a knee with a ring and everything.

We've talked about it in a vague sort of "eventually we'll do that" sort of way and that was great, we'd get around to it when we got around to it. Now I'm actually engaged and some day is going to be this winter :)

Congratulations, Esmerelda! I only recently asked a girl I liked out, so she'll be my second girlfriend, but getting married is much cooler. Congrats again!

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
"You're not lazy and you're not nuts." - my neurologist, a half hour ago.

What a gift to have a doctor who believes in your instincts for a change. I may finally get the stroke rehab my old insurance denied me. Regardless of the outcome or diagnosis, when the hospital releases me in a week or two, I will be getting a home health aide to reteach me how to cook, clean, bathe, dress, shop, and keep a schedule. None of the potential diagnoses are good, and right now even the best-case scenario is someone else's nightmare, but I am getting some loving help for this at last.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm finishing up my Master's thesis, and my table of contents fits perfectly onto one page.

E: Oops, forgot the margins need to be 1.5" on the left for the bound physical version. So much for that :doh:

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 18:45 on Aug 27, 2013

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I'm caught up on my backlog at work so I spent the last hour or so imagining a pneumatic tube system in my office. I'm smiling like an idiot just imagining things being delivered around our small building with a bunch of "FOOM" noises. :buddy:

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

wilderthanmild posted:

I'm caught up on my backlog at work so I spent the last hour or so imagining a pneumatic tube system in my office. I'm smiling like an idiot just imagining things being delivered around our small building with a bunch of "FOOM" noises. :buddy:

As a former user of an old military tube system I can confirm that they are indeed awesome.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Today was my first day of school since high school in June 2004. Took a long-rear end time to get my financial aid in order, but I'm glad I'm able to start on my post-secondary education. First person in my immediate family to go to college. :unsmith:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
This was actually yesterday but I finally moved in with my long-distance girlfriend :3:

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them

Night Danger Moose posted:

Today was my first day of school since high school in June 2004. Took a long-rear end time to get my financial aid in order, but I'm glad I'm able to start on my post-secondary education. First person in my immediate family to go to college. :unsmith:

Congratulations! I love hearing about stuff like this. A good portion of my students are "firsts" for their families as well. In fact, my best students are usually "firsts."

My awesome thing: The guy in the room across from me has been moved to neuro rehab. It's not his fault, but he is very disoriented and instead of pushing the call button he just shouts into the hallway at anyone who passes that he needs whatever or that he hates where his IV is (join the club) or he just doesn't feel good or, as I suspect because he was shouting and complaining until 4 a.m., he is just lonely and scared. He reacts poorly and doubles his whine volume when people in the hall are like "dude I'm just visiting I can't get you water or remove your IV but I can get your nurse." And if there's nobody in the hall he would shout louder until someone responded.

Of course he's in here for serious reasons, and I'm glad the nurses and doctors are being patient with him and not sacrificing quality of care just because the guy's brain is making him do something really loving annoying. But I also have my own rotting brain to deal with. I'm not allowed to close the door to the room even if I was allowed to get out of bed without assistance, and hearing the whiiiiiine start up every few minutes for hours on end sure wasn't making this any more pleasant.

Next guy might have a bullhorn and a stereotypical case of Tourette's for all I care as long as he knows how to use the call button that they literally attach to our clothes.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.

Hi-five, college buddy :hfive:! I, too, started classes again today. It's going to be a fun semester, and I've been waiting to go back since '06.

Colgrim
Jul 23, 2009
I got to play Shadowrun Returns(which is an awesome game) and hang out with a really cool cat.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
It's my birthday! And I get to go to the Melting Pot with my boyfriend for dinner and I have a nice dress and shoes to wear for it and it makes me happy. :3:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Sent my Master's thesis off for my second review committee member's approval :toot: It looks totally baller now too, plus when it comes time to bind it I found a place here in town that gave me a good deal on it.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Let's see, this day has been full of funny, awesome stuff:

- Got a cup of coffee at the gas station, and the cashier gave me a discount because I've been a regular there (large coffee for $1 instead of $1.50)
- Saw some praying mantises doin' it on the front door and railing to the building I work in
- A client I worked with yesterday sent in a pretty cool e-mail commending me on the work I did, and requested me personally to help in the future when needed :)
- One more day until I go out of town for a 3 day weekend vacation with friends before all the water parks close down for summer

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Rode to the Gym in shorts and a t-shirt cos its a lovely warm sunny day(end of winter here).

About to go to work then kids will be over for the weekend! woohoo!

i hate everything
Oct 15, 2010
Took my three year old son to Safari Sam's. It's a HUGE indoor playset/arcade/mini-golf place. I've never seen him so excited. I got super lucky and racked up close to 1500 tickets and we went on a shopping spree of rainbow slinkies, army trucks, candy and cheap bracelets. Happy son = awesome day.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Today's my birthday :toot:
Had a delicious dinner at one of my favorite restaurants (finished off with a medjool date milkshake), and began pre-loading Total War Rome 2 on Steam :hist101:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
As far back as I can remember my mom would basically vomit phlegm. She's ruined furniture and social events because of this.

A few days ago I finally convinced her to go to a doctor and they say with two weeks of relatively cheap medication they can cure her.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Won a Magic tourney playing a silly cheap deck that was full of fun.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Fruity Pebbles? That's always been one of my favorite silly, yet effective, decks to play.

Content:

The past couple of days I've made some good in-roads at my new job. I just do simple web QA right now, only had the job about three months. But last night I hung out with some project managers and a guy who's title I don't know for sure, but he's decently high up on the chain. We got along real well, shot the poo poo, and just had some fun with a few beers and cigars. I think he could tell I'm sort of under-utilized in my current position.

And today, I had to sit in on a meeting/walk-through of some new features of a website we're developing, really just there in place of the QA lead for the project who couldn't be there. They delegated me to just "taking notes," but I was able to point out several bugs/issues with the site, provided answers on some questions people had on what should be happening vs the current production site, etc...I really impressed both the BA (business analyst) for the project, who said no less than three times I should really be a BA, and another higher up person in the firm, a senior project manager.

Compare this to my last job where it took four years to get any kind of promotion/recognition (despite literally being in charge of an entire program after just one year, and then in charge/the SOLE PERSON for another program a year after that,) and a whopping 3% salary increase over those four years (total, not 3% each year.)

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

DrBouvenstein posted:

Fruity Pebbles? That's always been one of my favorite silly, yet effective, decks to play.
Butdget Izzet Blitz for modern FNM.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Same here, only white weenie.

Perpetual Hiatus
Oct 29, 2011

TLDR; Get job - Turn experience into positive outcomes, for myself and my clients. Get paid well.

Perpetual Hiatus has a new favorite as of 22:55 on Sep 5, 2013

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My girlfriend's brother finally moved out for college :woop:

And since I couldn't fit in the car to drive him back, I get the apartment to myself until Sunday afternoon! So I'm cleaning everything with all my free time and no one to get in my way; the GF and I have been fighting a lot lately so I'm hoping this will help resolve things between us.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
My best friend phoned me. None of us had seen or heard from him since mid-August, and we were starting to get worried.

It turns out he's been on holiday in France for two weeks, and he kept it on the down-low :3:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Had a job interview that I believe went well today. The interviewer said even if I don't get it he would try to get me some freelance work, if possible, though the company or some of his other connections. I hear back in about a week and a half. Fingers crossed.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
Yesterday I got to see my boyfriend after spending a few months apart. :unsmith:

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby
I visited my parents for a few days, and it was pretty interesting! We found (and sprayed) a hornet's nest bigger than a basketball behind our shed, caught my mom up on Breaking Bad, and then took our dogs on a long walk. They found an iPad laying on the side of the road, so we took it into the police station. They said they'd be able to crack the password on it and return it to its owner soon!

Also I found out that it doesn't matter how small the dog is, it's crazy hard to get them to stay in a washing basin. But it's awesome after they get out, they scratch their backs on grass and trees like little bears. :3:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I hope it's ok that I'm posting this two days in advance, but on Saturday, I marry my best friend, the very wonderful jennyinstereo! She and I will be very busy tomorrow and on the day, so I doubt we'll be on the forums much.

:toot:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

My day is awesome because I read this ^ :3:

Congratulations to you both!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuts_rice
Sep 6, 2010

Ohhh Yog Soggoth, be my teenage dream boat ;)
I sat next to someone in class today. My nickname that my teacher refers to me is Red, and the person next to me? Named Burgundy. Also, just for further weirdness/silliness, she dyed her hair blue.