Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
ouya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:
is that the worst investor reward you got?

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
:siren: CRACKPOT ALERT :siren: CRACKPOT ALERT :siren:

PERPETUAL ENERGY

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Ripoff posted:

i thought it was impossible to put the infomercial into text form

but here we are

man every bolt in my immediate vicinity stripped just by me looking at that thing

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Migishu posted:

tired of having to rebuy $3 cables that break? this certainly isn't the fix for it

somehow still cheaper than an apple cable

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

now all of these are terrible in their own unique way but this one is just the funniest

"hmm, i want to protect something vulnerable to shock - i know, i'll throw it in a snug-fitting box made of something that's primary defining characteristic is a complete lack of any kind of flexibility"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
thats why i sleep on a bed made of carbon fiber

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

creatine posted:

has a kickstarter ever gotten more money in 2 days than this?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9
I can't recall which ones specifically but I think two of big videojames kickstarters before it slammed clean into 2 mill on day 2. I really wanna say it was Project Eternity and maybe the Torment sequel.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

creatine posted:

has a kickstarter ever gotten more money in 2 days than this?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

pretty sure the ouya and double fine adventure did at least

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

A Sloth posted:

e: kickstart my avatar replacement

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

quote:

Before we start showing you what this game is about let us say that we in no way want this to happen or are instigating war, Most of us are retired military and know what it means to fight and we don’t wish that on any soldier.

quote:

First off, we do not wish a scenario like this to actually occur. We also have nothing against Koreans, we just think this is a great jumping off point for the Giminc universe and we want to keep it light hearted.

quote:

We have a sort of "sick" humor so making dozens of North Koreans explode violently makes us chuckle.

so edgy

Migishu posted:

:siren: CRACKPOT ALERT :siren: CRACKPOT ALERT :siren:

PERPETUAL ENERGY

*lists a half-dozen large corporations, government agencies, and academic institutions supposedly investigating the theory behind this device*
*needs to beg internet strangers for $30k to develop a prototype*

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

so edgy

*lists a half-dozen large corporations, government agencies, and academic institutions supposedly investigating the theory behind this device*
*needs to beg internet strangers for $30k to develop a prototype*

not to develop a prototype, for the special sensors a university apparently needs to buy in - from germany, of course - in order to do one of the simplest measurements in engineering

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
also i really trust this guy's scientific and engineering credentials

quote:

The world uses approximately 90,000 barrels of oil a day, at $100 a barrel that’s $9 billion a day wholesale. And then there’s coal and gas.

(90k barrels is what *hungary* uses in a day. the us uses two thousand times that, and the world uses a hundred thousand times more oil daily than he says. poo poo, if we were only using 90,000 barrels of oil a day we really wouldn't need his perpetual motion machine. also 90,000 times 100 is 9 million, not 9 billion)

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
i'm a loving perpetual posting machine

just noticed that your investor reward, for helping bring to market something which will make the inventor literally richer than anyone has ever been anywhere in the world, is a loving brass plaque. oh, and a sports jacket and a discount off the motor when it comes to market if you pay out $5k, and you only get that *after* he proves he can break the laws of thermodynamics

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

(90k barrels is what *hungary* uses in a day. the us uses two thousand times that, and the world uses a hundred thousand times more oil daily than he says. poo poo, if we were only using 90,000 barrels of oil a day we really wouldn't need his perpetual motion machine. also 90,000 times 100 is 9 million, not 9 billion)

and then theres coal and gas

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
they couldn't repeat the results (for this test that totally happened, I swear, guys) but I know for sure they were wrong all those other times

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

goddamnedtwisto posted:

his special magnet motor gets 148% efficiency. he puts in 100% and 48% comes out

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sweevo posted:

his special magnet motor gets 148% efficiency. he puts in 100% and 48% comes out

android maths

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
its humanity, humanity is the perpetual motion machine

*bong rip*

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

goddamnedtwisto posted:

i'm a loving perpetual posting machine

also, perpetual motion

goddamnedtwisto posted:

just noticed that your investor reward, for helping bring to market something which will make the inventor literally richer than anyone has ever been anywhere in the world, is a loving brass plaque. oh, and a sports jacket and a discount off the motor when it comes to market if you pay out $5k, and you only get that *after* he proves he can break the laws of thermodynamics

if anyone really invented a transformatively cheap, clean, reliable, abundant energy source it would be profoundly immoral not to release it into public domain. besides, china/india/america/france would reverse engineer and copy it within a couple of years anyway.

Sweevo posted:

but that 48% is pure profit

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

if anyone really invented a transformatively cheap, clean, reliable, abundant energy source it would be profoundly immoral not to release it into public domain. besides, china/india/america/france would reverse engineer and copy it within a couple of years anyway.

if it works out like the haber-bosch process did, you could make a ton on money over those few years, then once it's reverse engineered it'll end up the same as if you gave it out. everyone wins

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

http://yourkickstartersucks.tumblr.com/post/30329342686/david-gonterman-parkour-the-videos-caught

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
lol ancient news

i think i might have actually posted that one myself in another thread here

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

jesus loving christ the huge list of people who 'liked this' is seriously the most worthless thing i loving hate it

why cant they just have comments? gently caress

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

chumpchous posted:

jesus loving christ the huge list of people who 'liked this' is seriously the most worthless thing i loving hate it

because that would threaten the integrity of the hugbox

tumblr is designed around a very specific niche and it fukken nails it

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Sham bam bamina! posted:

because that would threaten the integrity of the hugbox

tumblr is designed around a very specific niche and it fukken nails it

i prefer fartboxes

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
hey for $450 you can beta test my dev kit for VIRTUAL REALITY

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

chumpchous posted:

for the same reason twitter doesnt have comments

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:

quote:

David Foxfire (Real Name: David Gonterman) was once one of the most controversial web cartoonists in the late 90s. In fact his early attempts at fanficiton were the topic of ridicule and derision well into the next decade due to some of the objectional content infused in them. However, as he went older, he matured in both temperament and talent, as his original novels 'Scarlet PI' and 'Blood & Metal' can show, although his eccentric storywriting and hybird Disney/Marvel drawing style is still present.

He resides in his Granite City, IL apartment close to family and friends, and is an avid Dungeons & Dragons player. Future projects include his own Campaign world for the upcoming 5th Edition of D&D.

You can visit his web site at http://foxfirestudios.net.

any 90s internet users know who the gently caress this guy is

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

A Sloth posted:

hell yes he's a loving legend

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

A Sloth posted:

he was the funniest thing

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
gonterman shrine: http://killass.lardpirates.com/gont/commuterbarnacle/

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh god oh no no noooo

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

qfb

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

A Sloth posted:

:frogout:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i guess i just assumed gonterman would've killed himself by now

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Al! posted:

i guess i just assumed gonterman would've killed himself by now
cmon he cant do anything without doing it quarter-assed. he probably tried and didnt even need to go to the hospital from it.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
he tried to overdose on sleeping pills by taking 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
he tried to cut his wrists with a spoon

• Locked thread