Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

Wyld Karde posted:

Right now he's too busy raging at Caliborn for deep introspection. With all the poo poo John's seen, if it does occur to him later I'd half expect him to just shrug it off anyway. It's probably not even in the top ten of Weird poo poo Revelations by now.

Also, if you are a fictional character, you have no mind and are a recurring pattern in a series of shapes, making an existential crisis impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

gently caress's sake why does the clown have the ring? :stare:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Fuckin' clown. The ring's probably back o being Ring of Void for now.

What are the odds he's been in cahots with )(IC? She's the one that sent the Miracles video after all, knowing the results.

*cahoots

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Line Feed posted:

It's probably the reason you can't kill the clown.

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

Jazu posted:

Also, if you are a fictional character, you have no mind and are a recurring pattern in a series of shapes, making an existential crisis impossible.

Also - in a universe where free will arguably does not exist and all your actions of any significance are predetermined, being told you're "just a character in a story" doesn't have the sting it might otherwise.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Not gonna lie: I was really confused when it zoomed in on the fridge and then I jumped when I showed Gamzee in there.

Whatever he's up to....it can't be good.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Line Feed posted:

Oh gently caress where are his scars? :stonk:

Grand Gigas
Jul 2, 2006

True heroes always show up late.
Either Hussie somehow forgot his scars (which I have a hard time believing) or his is Prospit Dreamself Gamzee or Gamzee actually somehow went real god tier.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Triskelli posted:

Oh gently caress where are his scars? :stonk:

They...healed? Maybe?

Or Caliborn has magic bullets that heal face scars.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

THAT loving CLOWN :argh:

He's gonna waste it on Cronus or something like that.

Grand Gigas
Jul 2, 2006

True heroes always show up late.
Oh hey the scars were added back in. Now this is just one level of horrifying instead of a few.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

When it showed the close-up of the ring on Gamzee's hand, this immediately played in my head:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7Op86ox9g

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
So that's where the ring went. I suppose if Gamzee had it back when Caliborn was going all trigger-happy on him it'd explain why he's unkillable.

Basically, gently caress that guy.

Edit: This doesn't bode well for Terezi's clown hunting expedition. :ohdear:

Wyld Karde fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 12, 2015

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Gamzee definitely wasn't wearing any ring.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Gamzee you utter piece of poo poo what are you up to?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

No, you just can't see it. And that is the purpose of the codpiece. :smug:

Maphis
Apr 22, 2012
Seemingly random question but did we ever find out what these barcodes were for? Other than opening the vault back in the very first intermission?

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

WhiffleballDude posted:

I think you're forgetting an Intermission Intermission.

That was when Caliborn was still playing his planet-exploding pool game wasn't it? I meant that it seems like John can't get to exactly wherever he is right now. You think he would've popped in there by now to slug him or something.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Maphis posted:

Seemingly random question but did we ever find out what these barcodes were for? Other than opening the vault back in the very first intermission?

In-game purpose or story purpose?

Story purpose, they helped clue us in that WV and Spades Slick were parts of the game before the whole Exile reveal. In-game purpose, no idea. You usually see barcodes on things like clones, so maybe they're there just because a lot of the chess pieces were genetically engineered in the Farthest Ring. Maybe they're there, as you mentioned, to open sburb stuff.

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010
I've been only-just-barely following the comic for the last I don't know how many microacts now, because it's all getting a bit drawn out for me.

And then, the Huss did something magical. He finally made me understand why some people love John so much.

John is basically Finn The Human.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Dice Dingus posted:

I've been only-just-barely following the comic for the last I don't know how many microacts now, because it's all getting a bit drawn out for me.

And then, the Huss did something magical. He finally made me understand why some people love John so much.

John is basically Finn The Human.

Finn's been my headcanon voice for John for about a year now.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

I'll kill you Lumpy Dave Space!

Maphis
Apr 22, 2012
While reading this page and the handful preceding it I've noticed that the Mayor likes eating things that are green (the plant, the uranium, the green crayons). As such I've come to the conclusion that Lord English will be defeated and then eaten by the Mayor... or defeated by being eaten by the Mayor.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Maphis posted:

While reading this page and the handful preceding it I've noticed that the Mayor likes eating things that are green (the plant, the uranium, the green crayons). As such I've come to the conclusion that Lord English will be defeated and then eaten by the Mayor... or defeated by being eaten by the Mayor.

WV: ATTEMPT TO EAT ENGLISH ==>

Attempt Successful.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

The pile of characters with narrative dibs on Lord English won't stop from getting taller.

Grand Gigas posted:

Oh hey the scars were added back in. Now this is just one level of horrifying instead of a few.

I still had the updates cached when I read this, so I went back to refresh them and watch the scars get re-applied before my eyes, just like magic.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Bobulus posted:

In-game purpose or story purpose?

Story purpose, they helped clue us in that WV and Spades Slick were parts of the game before the whole Exile reveal. In-game purpose, no idea. You usually see barcodes on things like clones, so maybe they're there just because a lot of the chess pieces were genetically engineered in the Farthest Ring. Maybe they're there, as you mentioned, to open sburb stuff.

As far as we know, the genetic engineering bays in the furthest ring were only used to create actual Chess People who were horrific monsters for use on the battlefield, not the Carapacians. Why else would they need the prototyping rings?

I put it down to hellish police-state like dersite government practises.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Midnight Raider posted:

The pile of characters with narrative dibs on Lord English won't stop from getting taller.
The only solution is to have Lord English keep reviving. And killed by every single character.

Including every single ghost. All of them.

And Lord English killing himself somehow.

John gets the final blow, as he breaks whatever revives Lord English.

Alternatively, John accidentally interrupts something from before Caliborn removed his own leg.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Kgummy posted:

John gets the final blow, as he breaks whatever revives Lord English.

No, that'll be Slick with the crowbar.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
If John takes on anyone, it may be Caliborn himself.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Of course it's a Serket.

It's always the Serkets loving everything up.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

WHAT :stare:

(4 pages later)

WHAT.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I did not see this coming.

Did anyone see this coming?

Didn't think the mind control worked on gamzee

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Wow, that was the last person I was expecting Gamzee to give the ring to. Vriska, Meenah, Kurloz, maybe even Damara. But not Aranea.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
At first, I was all "Yay, Vriska!"

Then. Then the what.

She does seem like she's gonna be another SHOCKING TWIST bad guy with dialogue like that, though.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Not to go all TV IV on you folks, but

HOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY poo poo

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

We needed more villains, after all. This one was just fairly good at feigning being nice.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Akett posted:

I'm beginning to wonder if the other spidertroll is meant to be the hidden villain Tavros was talking about

I called it? Huh.

e: Okay, maybe not in those exact words, but I caught something or other.

Akett fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Sep 3, 2013

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Leave it to a Serket to shake things up!

Just... not the one I would've expected, holy poo poo :stare:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Man, Hussie always knows just what to do to keep things interesting. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Thundarr posted:

We needed more villains, after all. This one was just fairly good at feigning being nice.

I don't think she was pretending. She *was* nice, if only because her society taught her nothing else. Mindfang showed her she had the capacity to gently caress poo poo up, and then Vriska gave her a taste...