Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

No Graham Crabb on it though I believe, that was the brief Mansell-only era. Think it was produced by Trent Reznor as well?

You can hear some of the songs from the lost album on this bootleg:

http://www.mixcloud.com/poppiesonpatrol/pwei-on-patrol-01-01-1996-london-hammersmith-palais/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

teethgrinder posted:

Directly after Dos Dedos Mis Amigos. Found at Nothing Records. Was recorded in a proper studio owned by PWEI.

Wow, that's a must buy then.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Assemblage 23, God Module, Rotersand and This Morn Omina already announced for Resistanz '14? gently caress YES

(Infest was really good fun. Bands were great and MY INDUSTRIAL HERO Dirk Ivens is totally cool and a really friendly guy)

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I'm a bit obsessed with Project Pitchfork's Rain. I've had trouble getting into them before so this was kind of a gateway drug into the whole Black album. Their back catalog is huge, what other songs/albums should I dig into next?

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Rain's my favourite on Black.

Please go Eon:Eon and then Daimonion before anything else. But that's my opinion. There are a pile of Project Pitchfork fans here and we all have our favourites.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?

Sloppy posted:

I'm a bit obsessed with Project Pitchfork's Rain. I've had trouble getting into them before so this was kind of a gateway drug into the whole Black album. Their back catalog is huge, what other songs/albums should I dig into next?
Continuum Ride, then Tiresias, then what teethgrinder said ;) I think the first two are going to be most similar to Black. And yeah isn't that a bizarre video? I can't stop watching it :S

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I've never been able to really get into Project Pitchfork and make them a regular part of my music ... BUT I have to say that some of their songs like Rain are really sublime and patient. They really do make some of the best dark electro-EBM music right now. Another band in a similar vein is X Marks the Pedwalk.

Anyways I've been taking a break from industrial music for the past few weeks, which I do occasionally. But one band that's been appearing a lot on my playlists is Pankow. They've been around for a very long time apparently and I'd never given them any attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZv9nRfxgo8

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Noricae posted:

Continuum Ride, then Tiresias, then what teethgrinder said ;) I think the first two are going to be most similar to Black. And yeah isn't that a bizarre video? I can't stop watching it :S

Yeah, you better start with the newer albums if you want more Black-like stuff. I know Teethgrinder loves Eon:Eon but I seriously don't think it's even close to Pitchfork's top 5, just too much average material alongside the admittedly fantastic singles. The singles ARE fantastic, though, so it's a good idea to check those out. So maybe Continuum Ride, then Daimonion, Tiresias, Eon:Eon singles (Carnival, Steelrose, I Live Your Dream)?

I'd also like to recommend one of the earlier albums like IO or Lam-'bras. It's always important to know where a band has come from. Plus they're good albums, too, so.

For the record, I think Acid Ocean is the best track on Black.

Spilles' videos have never been the best out there. They just lack substance. I mean there is some cool imagery in there, but there's never a story or anything more than "Spilles singing and doing wild gestures, also some other people standing around and doing things I guess?". I'd say the Timekiller, I Live Your Dream and maybe the really bizarre Trialog video would be the best. It's really great that they've got nearly all their videos as well as their concert projection videos from the early 2000s on their YouTube channel. You could also dick around there, seeing as they've got a lot of my personal favorites in video form in there. Check out Inferno, Mine (Beast of Prey), Terra Incognita, We Are One (Mirror Split Up Into Pieces), Trialog :)

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Sep 1, 2013

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Yeah, you better start with the newer albums if you want more Black-like stuff. I know Teethgrinder loves Eon:Eon but I seriously don't think it's even close to Pitchfork's top 5, just too much average material alongside the admittedly fantastic singles. The singles ARE fantastic, though, so it's a good idea to check those out. So maybe Continuum Ride, then Daimonion, Tiresias, Eon:Eon singles (Carnival, Steelrose, I Live Your Dream)?
I like Rain because it reminds me of Eon:Eon the most.

I admit lyrically/song-writing-wise the modern stuff is better. But the sound of Eon:Eon, whatever that means, is just so much more appealing to me.

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Sep 2, 2013

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
Any Cold Cave fans here? I'm seeing them tomorrow night in Oakland. Been a while since I saw live music.

Cold Cave - A Little Death to Laugh

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
Do any of you know if there's any way to buy Ah Cama-sotz albums other than on itunes (and CD from Hands)? Why is it so hard to throw money at some artists if you have moved to all digital. :colbert:

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Noricae posted:

Do any of you know if there's any way to buy Ah Cama-sotz albums other than on itunes (and CD from Hands)? Why is it so hard to throw money at some artists if you have moved to all digital. :colbert:

I got Way to Heresy from Amazon. Looks like they still have plenty of others on mp3 as well.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
Hmmm, I'd love lossless (flac really) and bandcamp (or similar), but I can throw money at him for mp3s. I am a couple of recent albums behind. Thanks!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Hmm. This is good

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
It is; I'm really looking forward to his new album. (I think Myer's best stuff is as Architect, honestly, and considering how great it all is...)

Noricae fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Sep 7, 2013

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Architect is warming up for Project Pitchfork in their fall tour so I'll finally get to see Meyer in the flesh at the end of this month. Never really listened to Architect, y'all have any suggestions on what I should checkout before the shows?

Ayria will be there as well, so that should be cool too.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?

Architect is warming up for Project Pitchfork in their fall tour so I'll finally get to see Meyer in the flesh at the end of this month. Never really listened to Architect, y'all have any suggestions on what I should checkout before the shows?
I'm really jealous, and hope that show is fantastic. It sounds like somewhat of a strange combo, honestly, or at least Myer doing Architect stuff, a lot of which is slower building, and wanders away from industrial type genres entirely (to d&b, sparse ambient, different time signatures), instead of DJing. It makes me excited for PP's future stuff, if they get influenced toward more intricate and experimental beats.

I listen to Lower Lip Interface* a lot (I'm almost certain this isn't what most people listen to), but Consume Adapt Create** is probably a better place to start, since the former is noisier (in terms of static) and less consistent, while Consume Adapt Create is pretty solid overall, and has an all important Blade Runner sample in it. :colbert: Which is essential. In any musician's discography.

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkORKpIEQ_4 - the album feels darker/noisier but not as experimental as earlier ones

**https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXSKFIhjYls - Consume Adapt Create has Front 242 vibes (then again Catch the Target is on Lower Lip Interface)

edit: Also, he's the best person:
"DM: The music in the [EBM] scene becomes more and more simple. It's loving stupid. You just need a kick drum with a bit of distortion and some horror samples and people would go nuts...people with the "neon" hair... They just need a loving kick drum and they are happy and I loving hate it! I like melodies and tricky rhythms and good sequences but they don't care."

from: http://www.ebm.gr/index.php/music/interviews/2736-interview-with-daniel-myer-haujobb-architect-destroid-covenant which actually answered my question about this tour. Pitchfork's drummer's been playing with Haujobb for a while. :science:

Noricae fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 7, 2013

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
So apparently Test Dept is pretty great.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Speed OJ, on The Analysis Of Noise Trading, is one of my all-time favourite songs (and the one time I got to see it live, Myer did it mashed up with a sample of The Power by Snap :v:)

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?

Danger - Octopus! posted:

mashed up with a sample of The Power by Snap :v:
:aaaaa: Is this recorded anywhere?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Noricae posted:

:aaaaa: Is this recorded anywhere?

A brief clip with lovely phone quality is all I can find https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHf7s-MEfFY

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
Aww, yeah quality is crap, but that is awesome! All two people recognized the mashup, haha.

Ah, Snap! released a greatest hits right after that so I guess it was timely and not such a random mashup.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Noricae posted:

from: http://www.ebm.gr/index.php/music/interviews/2736-interview-with-daniel-myer-haujobb-architect-destroid-covenant which actually answered my question about this tour. Pitchfork's drummer's been playing with Haujobb for a while.

Achim Färber has been in just about every band ever, though. He's easily the most prolific drummer in the scene, just look at his discography that, of course, doesn't even include all the bands he's played for live. Cool guy and a real loving good drummer.

It's most likely more because Myer and Spilles have both been on the scene for about forever and are probably good buddies.

Edit: oh, and thanks for the suggestions! I'll have a listen.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
I'm playing with Faderhead tomorrow. Apparently they were 'concerned' when they found out I was opening for them here in Toronto! I wonder if I'm going to get the silent treatment backstage because of the Kinetik gig last year.

STAY TUNED

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?

Achim Färber has been in just about every band ever, though. He's easily the most prolific drummer in the scene, just look at his discography that, of course, doesn't even include all the bands he's played for live. Cool guy and a real loving good drummer.
I'm an EBM (+related) noob (except for a obsession with Front242 in the early-mid 90s). :colbert: Your reasoning makes much more sense. The tour still sounds like a wet dream.

Twiin posted:

I'm playing with Faderhead tomorrow. Apparently they were 'concerned' when they found out I was opening for them here in Toronto! I wonder if I'm going to get the silent treatment backstage because of the Kinetik gig last year.

STAY TUNED
YES. It's Christmas in September. Do you have anything planned*? :ese: I know you can't tell us because Faderhead has secret police spies in the thread.

edit: *Like dressing up as Che.

Noricae fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Sep 8, 2013

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Twiin posted:

STAY TUNED

Oh, I will :neckbeard:

In other news, my brother organized a small gig here in Helsinki where this dude from Leipzig (Stefkovic van Interesse, experimental atmospheric stuff done with field recordings, if you're interested) played yesterday and he stayed at our place for the night. Turns out he's buddies with the drummer/producer from the band Formalin. Funny how these things sometimes go.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Sascha Konietzko seems to have got involved in a Multi-Level Marketing scam.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Twiin posted:

STAY TUNED

FH is the closest thing the industrial "scene" has to a dubstep bro. You released an album called The Transhuman Condition. :goonsay: I did not just mix those up, no way. REGARDLESS: You know your mission, goonsire. Do us proud.

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Sep 9, 2013

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Transhuman Condition is Encephalon. Twiin is ad-ver-sary (and occasionally Antigen Shift?).

Sorry I didn't make it tonight, spent most of the day hung over.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Homegroan of The Cleaner and spider_ross.avi:

These were from an Artoffact Records show in June. I'm very slow to post photos.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pope Guilty posted:

Hah what the gently caress? That also reads better if you imagine it's Konietzko shouting it in his KMFDM voice. "HI-OCTANE FUEL ... for my PUNK-ROCK PHYSIQUE plus ADDED REVENUE to ULTRA-HEAVY BEAT."

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Sep 9, 2013

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Omi-Polari posted:

Hah what the gently caress? That also reads better if you imagine it's Konietzko shouting it in a KMFDM song.

Down and Out suddenly reads very differently.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pope Guilty posted:

Down and Out suddenly reads very differently.
Or Money.

2-3 pouches, Aloe2go. Three to get ready now go, kids, go!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I wonder if Sascha's heard of mangosteen juice

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

That's really sad.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It's pretty heinous of him to tag his dumb new "biz" with the KMFDM name like this. I mean OK, he wants to share a thing he thought was cool with people and earn some money on the side. Whatever, I guess KMFDM can't pay all the bills caused by his ROCK'N'ROLL LIFESTYLE (tm). And at least he's not shilling that poo poo directly from the KMFDM store. But saying it's the "Käpt'n K store" and having his contact email be kmfdm@kmfdm.net on the FLP site seems like a kind of a dubious move to me!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

DeusExMachinima posted:

FH is the closest thing the industrial "scene" has to a dubstep bro.
My girlfriend's friend was recently asked to "party" with them backstage when she was vending at a show.

Omi-Polari posted:

Or Money.

2-3 pouches, Aloe2go. Three to get ready now go, kids, go!

Now here you creeps, punks and freaks
I'm Talkin' 'bout fuel for your physiques
While the music business fails
Check out your resistance to my sales

Buy this poo poo, lose your brain
Piss your cash, down the drain
Stupid fans have made me rich
Ram it up your poop-chute, you're my bitch

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Sep 9, 2013

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Halloween Jack posted:

My girlfriend's friend was recently asked to "party" with them backstage when she was vending at a show.
I hope she gave them a fistful of gently caress you.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Omi-Polari posted:

I hope she gave them a fistful of gently caress you.
That's exactly what I said, and apparently she did. She's a tiny woman, so being alone backstage (with guys who think it's funny to put violence against transgender women in their video) was not her idea of a good time. Apparently, if you're a makeup artist, people assume you're aroused by the allure of hard drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Pope Guilty posted:

This is it, this is the end of KMFDM. It wasn't the declining quality of the music that did it, just the aloe vera drinks.