Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Skunkrocker posted:

I didn't say anything about motive. I said the scenario. People in the thread, multiple people multiple times, brought up the "theory" that she was a "ninja" and would "use her sword" to get through the window. Other people shot it down not because it was a silly idea, but because there wasn't clear evidence of it. It was simple conjecture*. Seems to me they read it on tumblr and posted it here hoping goons would think they were smart for getting it right.

One of them didn't word their posts cleverly enough or said something they couldn't have possibly known up until now and got nailed by slowbeef because of it.

It's not cool, it won't make you popular, you're not gaining any friends and it's just trying to ruin the enjoyment for the rest of us and you know it. Just stop already. If you know what is going to happen in the future, don't pretend to speculate. And you know what? Given that the admins are talking about gassing this thread because fans of the series keep causing problems (the people I mentioned above included) is the reason the rest of us are taking this a little too seriously. We don't want to see this thread go away because of a bunch of jerks. If you do, just go somewhere else please. It's kind of a poo poo thing to do.

On a personal note, is it just me or do I get wrapped up in every lovely internet fandom?

*I might be using the wrong word here and I'm sorry for that.

Yeah, I didn't really expect the sword thing. That was crazy.

I doubt people posting spoilers are really the problem given the kind of creeps this thread has attracted, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Skunkrocker posted:

I didn't say anything about motive. I said the scenario. People in the thread, multiple people multiple times, brought up the "theory" that she was a "ninja" and would "use her sword" to get through the window. Other people shot it down not because it was a silly idea, but because there wasn't clear evidence of it. It was simple conjecture*. Seems to me they read it on tumblr and posted it here hoping goons would think they were smart for getting it right.

One of them didn't word their posts cleverly enough or said something they couldn't have possibly known up until now and got nailed by slowbeef because of it.

It's not cool, it won't make you popular, you're not gaining any friends and it's just trying to ruin the enjoyment for the rest of us and you know it. Just stop already. If you know what is going to happen in the future, don't pretend to speculate. And you know what? Given that the admins are talking about gassing this thread because fans of the series keep causing problems (the people I mentioned above included) is the reason the rest of us are taking this a little too seriously. We don't want to see this thread go away because of a bunch of jerks. If you do, just go somewhere else please. It's kind of a poo poo thing to do.

FWIW, back during the investigation phase some dude posted it in very elaborate detail as a 'theory' which slowbeef edited out and then banned him. So I'd say about 5% of the people posting about it arrived at it on their own and the other 95% were playing dumb but still wanted to look like they 'got it'

quote:

On a personal note, is it just me or do I get wrapped up in every lovely internet fandom?

Sure, maybe, there aren't many non-lovely internet fandoms

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

orenronen posted:

Jus ・ tice ・ Com ・ plete!
The goofiness of this is really making me look forward to the execution scene.
...I was rooting for more Peko interaction. I wanted her to be a great character. :ohdear:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Instant Grat posted:

Where is the justice in dooming 10-something innocent teenagers to die? It isn't. It's not there. She might as well have killed any of the other students and then gotten away with that instead, it would've had the exact same effect as what she was trying to accomplish here. Not very heroic or just!

Not to mention she and/or her almost-certainly-Kuzuryuu accomplice went to substantial effort to frame Saionji, who is unpleasant but completely innocent of both this crime and the Twilight Syndrome murder. Whether or not Peko is really Kirakira-chan, I really want that bit to come up, because it's pretty dang hypocritical. (Also, if Peko is lying, I want it to be revealed via Sonia using her fangirl trivia powers to blow holes in the story, even if that's unlikely. The worst enemy an impostor has is the fan who knows everything.)

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Why do these things happen

Joenen
Feb 15, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

Not to mention she and/or her almost-certainly-Kuzuryuu accomplice went to substantial effort to frame Saionji, who is unpleasant but completely innocent of both this crime and the Twilight Syndrome murder. Whether or not Peko is really Kirakira-chan, I really want that bit to come up, because it's pretty dang hypocritical. (Also, if Peko is lying, I want it to be revealed via Sonia using her fangirl trivia powers to blow holes in the story, even if that's unlikely. The worst enemy an impostor has is the fan who knows everything.)
I would actually love to see this. A sequence where sonia interjects that somehow Peko's phrasing was wrong, and thus she's not Kirakira.

I doubt it, but there is one thing that bothers me about this. The announcement requires 3 witnesses, of which the culprit is not included.

The last one was souda, and saionji was most likely the second (since given the time frame, it is too unlikely that anyone went between saionji and souda). so i think most of us assume it is Kuzuryuu, who has been trying to cover for her (and Pekoyama's tried to cover for him).

Kuzuryuu's probably the only one it could be. No one's said anything about being the third witness, and kuzuryuu was presumably leaving, heading back towards the hotel. So at some point, he visited the beach house and something went down between him and Pekoyama.

There's actually...a very dubious way in which Pekoyama might not be our killer. Pekoyama...could be covering up for the real culprit, who could've easily left through the tunnel-side door. Then she moves the body, hides in the closet, and later escapes through the shower room. Because of the high window, it makes it look like she's the only one who could've committed the crime, however she could actually be called the first witness and cover for the ulprit for reasons of her own choosing.

Its a stretch, and honestly it probably isn't true, given how Kuzuryuu's reacting (it looks like he's trying to protect her, not the other way around), but it is still technically possible.

likecnsnnts
Jun 16, 2008

SPLINTER CELLULITE

tiistai posted:

You need to do all the art for Climax Inferences when they inevitably make DR3.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

tiistai posted:

Welp, I can't think of any other way this happened. Koizumi just saw this and resigned herself to her fate.

Because how do you go on after a sight like this?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

StrifeHira posted:

Welp, I can't think of any other way this happened. Koizumi just saw this and resigned herself to her fate.

Because how do you go on after a sight like this?

She smacked her own forehead with her hand so hard that it was fatal, causing blood to gush out.

Case over guys, it was suicide.

That comic is amazing, by the way.

saihate
Oct 16, 2009

ID: ththththt
PASS: hthththth

tiistai posted:

This is amazing, I lost it.

Peko's emoticons add an amusing flair, I can only imagine how her face looks like under the mask.

saihate fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Sep 3, 2013

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Anyone who's still proposing Kuzyryuu as the one who did the killing needs to explain how he got the blood off. Did he just hug Peko? She did the deed, there's no doubt about that.

The inconsistencies in his story make it clear that he saw the body and knew Peko had done it. Whether he's an accomplice or just an accessory remains to be seen (not that it is likely to matter unless Monobear makes a ruling).

The drawings on this page are both pretty awesome, too.

Kurteth
Jul 14, 2013

by T. Finninho
Well, I for one totally guessed about the sword thing and it looks like it was used so...I don't see why people get so mad at others guessing right. "YOU OBVIOUSLY LOOKED IT UP" and all. /= Ahh well.

Besides that, has anyone brought up that Kuzyryuu's footprints haven't been seen/measured? And he's been defending Peko? What if for some reason he was in there....

What if he has the same shoe size as Saionji? What if he walked DIRECTLY in her foot prints. I mean, I know that seems hard, but for SHSL Gangster, covering your tracks/watching your step isn't that out of place.

We've had someone throw a glass ball 10 feet through a metal gate and bullseye something so I mean /= It doesn't seem far fetched to me.

e: about the guessing, I know that spoilers are always a problem but, there's gotta be some cushy room, right? Like if someone pieces it together correctly and insta banned it's just sort of sad. But, I guess you can't really tell who's smart and who's a cheater.....

Here's hoping I don't get banned for my guess about the shoes :V

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Kurteth posted:

What if he has the same shoe size as Saionji? What if he walked DIRECTLY in her foot prints. I mean, I know that seems hard, but for SHSL Gangster, covering your tracks/watching your step isn't that out of place.

What if he just walked out of the door before Koizumi's body was dragged over to block it

Meirlkor
Feb 18, 2013

Kangra posted:

Anyone who's still proposing Kuzyryuu as the one who did the killing needs to explain how he got the blood off. Did he just hug Peko? She did the deed, there's no doubt about that.

The inconsistencies in his story make it clear that he saw the body and knew Peko had done it. Whether he's an accomplice or just an accessory remains to be seen (not that it is likely to matter unless Monobear makes a ruling).

The drawings on this page are both pretty awesome, too.

If I remember correctly, didn't the 'culprit' get blood all over themselves, not by hitting Koizumi with the bat, but rather by moving the body?
I agree that it looks a lot more like Kuzuryuu is defending Peko, but it does open up the possibility that Kuzuryuu did it, left by the currently-blocked door, then Peko cleaned up after him and left through the window.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Kurteth posted:

Well, I for one totally guessed about the sword thing and it looks like it was used so...I don't see why people get so mad at others guessing right. "YOU OBVIOUSLY LOOKED IT UP" and all. /= Ahh well.

Thats interesting, because you haven't posted it here, which is your other account?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

tiistai posted:

The idea of Mahiru struggling to decipher how Peko manages to speak emoticons in her final moments is rather amusing.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Little_wh0re posted:

Thats interesting, because you haven't posted it here, which is your other account?

He didn't say he posted about the sword thing, just that he guessed it. You can guess things without posting about your guesses.

ArdentGamer
Jul 23, 2013

tiistai posted:

You know what, combining this with the fact that the Scrooge pic actually ended up being (half) right is actually making me okay with this revelation, no matter whether she actually is Kira or not. It's just all so goddamn silly, I can't take it seriously enough to get annoyed with it anymore. I don't care about the logic of any of this poo poo anymore, it's just fun if you just take it as it comes. I just cannot wait for more of this, no matter what happens. All I hope for is that Nagito gets to keep being completely hilariously over the top. Hell, that all of it keeps being so goddamn wacky.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Ettin posted:

I hope she really is KiraKira because Peko and the thread's reactions to Peko are both hilarious right now. :allears:

I'm so happy this is happening and we share the same hope. Watching all the people in this thread being mad at this anime game acting like an anime is so beautiful.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

I love this game. Orenronen, Fedule, the rest, you're still doing an awesome job.

Kangra posted:

Koizumi was killed by a single blow to the head. There simply aren't a lot of major blood vessels near the surface of the cranial dome, especially at the centerline. The blow would produce a small splash of blood, but not an arterial gusher. Most of the blood at the scene came out of Koizumi's body only after she died. The person who moved the body (Peko) would have gotten quite bloody. If the body-mover and the killer are different people, the killer could have struck the blow and left without getting any blood on himself at all; or, if he was in shirtsleeves, covered any traces of blood on his person with a long suit jacket.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
I really hope it was Kuzuryuu and not Peko who was the murderer, because then we get to see everyone wondering what the gently caress is wrong with Peko for pretending to be Kirakira. It's like the complete antithesis of the Syo reveal and I love it.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Nafleky posted:

I'm a bit slow on update fanart but I laughed for about a million years at Logical Dive and had to draw it? When my wrist feels better I'll probably draw crazy Peko Peko because that's hilarious to me as well.

Sweet drawing!

Antivehicular posted:

Heh, Sonia going all "I'll cut that to pieces!" on Peko would be fun to see :)
And, as others have pointed out, we still need to find out the sequence of events (including who found the body apart from Saoinji and Souda), even if Peko actually is the killer.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'm so happy this is happening and we share the same hope. Watching all the people in this thread being mad at this anime game acting like an anime is so beautiful.
I know I am laughing, and I usually don't pay THAT much attention to the thread, so beyond all the arts I only read a sentence here or there so to see everyone losing it here is pretty funny

RoeCocoa posted:

Koizumi was killed by a single blow to the head. There simply aren't a lot of major blood vessels near the surface of the cranial dome, especially at the centerline. The blow would produce a small splash of blood, but not an arterial gusher. Most of the blood at the scene came out of Koizumi's body only after she died. The person who moved the body (Peko) would have gotten quite bloody. If the body-mover and the killer are different people, the killer could have struck the blow and left without getting any blood on himself at all; or, if he was in shirtsleeves, covered any traces of blood on his person with a long suit jacket.
you know, I could get behind this idea too. Nothing is impossible until the votes have been cast and monobear drags someone away.

though, when have we selected a culprit just for them to not have been the real culprit? Actually I think we had to pick Aoi as the one who made Sakura's suicide look like a murder, so unless there was some weird wordplay around selecting Peko (like "the one who moved the body was....") then it more than like was her

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Sep 3, 2013

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

NextTime000 posted:

though, when have we selected a culprit just for them to not have been the real culprit? Actually I think we had to pick Aoi as the one who made Sakura's suicide look like a murder, so unless there was some weird wordplay around selecting Peko (like "the one who moved the body was....") then it more than like was her

We selected Togami as the "culprit" in chapter 2 of DR1, and we selected Nagito in the previous chapter of this game. (I don't believe we selected Aoi as the culprit in Chapter 4 of DR1, though she did get the culprit treatment in the Climax Inference.)

KingSaber1994
Jun 4, 2013

DaveWoo posted:

We selected Togami as the "culprit" in chapter 2 of DR1, and we selected Nagito in the previous chapter of this game. (I don't believe we selected Aoi as the culprit in Chapter 4 of DR1, though she did get the culprit treatment in the Climax Inference.)

I went to check, and the culprit selection has always been right. Mondo in DR Ch. 2, Sakura in Ch. 4, and Hanamura in DR2 Ch. 1. So unless the devs want to pull a fast one now, Peko did the killing. Why, and what it has to do with Kuzuryuu is still up in the air.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

He didn't say he posted about the sword thing, just that he guessed it. You can guess things without posting about your guesses.

Man, you wouldn't know it from reading this thread, huh.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Kurteth posted:

Besides that, has anyone brought up that Kuzyryuu's footprints haven't been seen/measured? And he's been defending Peko? What if for some reason he was in there....

We've had someone throw a glass ball 10 feet through a metal gate and bullseye something so I mean /= It doesn't seem far fetched to me.

e: about the guessing, I know that spoilers are always a problem but, there's gotta be some cushy room, right? Like if someone pieces it together correctly and insta banned it's just sort of sad. But, I guess you can't really tell who's smart and who's a cheater.....

Here's hoping I don't get banned for my guess about the shoes :V
The shoe thing though is actually totally plausible, given what we know, and especially that Nagito didn't get measurements for Kuryuzuu's footprints. That has to mean something.
I guess it's possible Kuryuzuu is the killer, but it doesn't match up with his behavior. Were he the killer, he wouldn't have so ardently tried to defend Peko. Because if he did it and someone other than Peko (say, Saonji) was executed, Peko would have died, too. The only way his actions make sense is if, for some as yet undisclosed reason, he's protecting Peko, who he knows to be guilty.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Kurteth posted:

Spatula City posted:

The shoe thing though is actually totally plausible, given what we know, and especially that Nagito didn't get measurements for Kuryuzuu's footprints. That has to mean something.

This falls apart when you remember that we met Kuzuryuu at the diner long before Saionji left the beach house. He couldn't have walked through her footprints because they weren't there yet.

salttotart
Mar 29, 2010

What's my favorite thing?
Another thing I realized about this picture:

The art team did some things to make it seem like complete fan service:

The sling that holds the shinai case to her body is not around her. This would cut her body on an angle and thus hiding some of the :smugdog: nature of the picture. Psychologically, this adds justification to the way they have her tying up her case (Glimpse pointed this out earlier) as just posing and positioning instead of a possible hint toward something else.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Kurteth posted:

e: about the guessing, I know that spoilers are always a problem but, there's gotta be some cushy room, right? Like if someone pieces it together correctly and insta banned it's just sort of sad.

Good thing this didn't actually happen! Don't worry, terrible posting will get you banned sooner.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Despite Zorak's protests, slowbeef moderates this thread wearing that very same mask.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Skunkrocker posted:

Did you follow the first game's thread at all? Every plot twist and every solution to every puzzle was guessed in advance of their reveals. It's just the nature of having a large community reading a "fair" mystery. If you really weren't meant to guess the answer, it would be something never hinted at like "Mahiru had a small bomb implanted into her skull secretly by Tsumiki".

Remaining trials will probably have their solutions puzzled out long before the final updates. It's just the nature of the thread.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, the game by nature requires you to make guesses as to how things happen.

It helps that the evidence bullets and dwindling number of participants makes things even easier.

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

Mercury Hat posted:

Did you follow the first game's thread at all? Every plot twist and every solution to every puzzle was guessed in advance of their reveals. It's just the nature of having a large community reading a "fair" mystery. If you really weren't meant to guess the answer, it would be something never hinted at like "Mahiru had a small bomb implanted into her skull secretly by Tsumiki".

Remaining trials will probably have their solutions puzzled out long before the final updates. It's just the nature of the thread.

To be fair the first thread had quite a few people people making incredibly detailed and accurate "guesses" about end game plot twists that happened to be a Google or YouTube search away.

Dragoon Cody
Aug 3, 2011

It's time to make the moon fall.
While there's always a couple of people who want to secretly drop in their knowledge of the game, this is enough of a legitimate murder mystery game that clues are ample before the reveal and anyone that stops to look at details should have a fair clue of who it is. When it's not one person going through a game but a group discussing it, the group guessing correctly based on a few small clues throughout the updates shouldn't be a surprise, but an expectation.

If the thread can't guess what's going on at a reasonable point before the reveal, I'd consider that a problem with the game's writing, not with the thread.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Groups working together for a solution combined with the time between updates and the fact that a SSLP provides the ability to, at any time, go back and check on things for the sake of seeing what something looked like, or what wording was used, etc., almost breaks mystery games, honestly. It makes it much easier to figure out than when you're on your own with the game in your hands.

Sandata
Mar 19, 2010
What the hell just happened here? The only good answer I can come up with now is that Fuyuhiko hired Peko by filling her head with a bunch of bull about Mahiru. Since he's trying so hard to make her shut up about it. It's either too soon for a pair up or for the game to make us guess twice.

Seriously how could I miss that sword and that backpack? I thought she carried around a real sword and not a wooden one. Then again she could have jammed the thing into the floor and the game would probably forget about it until now. She could have also thrown the sword up attached to a rope and use it as a climbing hook if she got the angel right. Heck if it was the real sword she could have unwrapped that cloth on the hilt too.

I'm more annoyed at myself than the game right now.

Sandata fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Sep 3, 2013

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, the game by nature requires you to make guesses as to how things happen.

It helps that the evidence bullets and dwindling number of participants makes things even easier.

No, no, in the first thread people backed up a lot of their theories with quoted parts of the update to make it clear where their guesses were coming from and why they were thinking that way. I, and other posters, even made little one-line summaries of the updates and evidence bullets so it'd be easier for everyone to collaborate and counter other theories.

Here, we're just throwing poo poo out like "Pekoyama is probably an assassin hired by Kuzuryuu" and it's not at all clear why anyone would think that outside of blind guesswork.

Broand
Oct 13, 2011
So wait, I probably missed something, but isn't there supposed to be 3 people who discovered the body who isn't the culprit? I mean, other than Souda and Saionji, who was the third person? Unless it was Peko, and the third person is the real culprit.

I wonder what actually constitutes littering on the island. Does leaving something somewhere temporarily count as littering?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

slowbeef posted:

No, no, in the first thread people backed up a lot of their theories with quoted parts of the update to make it clear where their guesses were coming from and why they were thinking that way. I, and other posters, even made little one-line summaries of the updates and evidence bullets so it'd be easier for everyone to collaborate and counter other theories.

Here, we're just throwing poo poo out like "Pekoyama is probably an assassin hired by Kuzuryuu" and it's not at all clear why anyone would think that outside of blind guesswork.

To be fair, that is the exact conclusion you'd come to under the assumption that a mob boss and a serial killer are working together in some capacity. And it'd be a great twist to the whole serial killer schtick

I'm hoping now that find out the KiraKira thing was from a crime show Sonia watched and isn't actually real. That would probably make Peko feel pretty dumb :allears:

• Locked thread