Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Of COURSE the Crappy Serket had to get the ring. Hussie never lets us have nice things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
That was a hell of a chain of panels to start the day to.

"He's being controlled? VRISKAAAAA!" :argh:

"It's Aranea? Well, clearly Vriska was a bad influence on the girl." :colbert:

"Wait, she's working for )-(IC? Or is Meenah calling for some girl talk? drat you Hussie, just when I thought I was getting a handle on this poo poo!"

Bell_ posted:

When Meenah begged John not to let her steal the ring, perhaps she knew somehow she would end up alive and the weight of inevitability she was fighting was behind that request?

Edit: if its )(IC she's helping, Aranea's breadth of knowledge across all variations of both universes might have helped inspire, or even dictate, the Empress' long-reaching plan to escape Lord English's influence.

That was my take away from that sequence. Meenah knew if she came back to life her instinct to dominate would overwhelm her desire to hang with her friends, and she also knew she wouldn't be able to resist the urge to steal the ring.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dorroile posted:

Crappy Serket

I don't understand these words used in this combination. :confused:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

All Serkets are the best at all times. Fact.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I know Vriska's had and then discarded like a billion opportunities for character growth at this point, but I do wonder if just maybe Aranea stealing the ring will give her some epiphany about what her behaviour looks like from an external perspective?

Meenah had a similar experience with the Condesce, where she became uncomfortable with what she was set to become and the things she did as Empress of Alternia. Considering Vriska idolized Mindfang from her diaries, seeing Aranea become Mindfang and being selfish and egotistical might help.

Oh who am I kidding? She's just going to be mad pissed she didn't figure out how to steal the ring first.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Dolash posted:

Meenah had a similar experience with the Condesce, where she became uncomfortable with what she was set to become and the things she did as Empress of Alternia. Considering Vriska idolized Mindfang from her diaries, seeing Aranea become Mindfang and being selfish and egotistical might help.

Oh who am I kidding? She's just going to be mad pissed she didn't figure out how to steal the ring first.
No way, Vriska was inspired to be Vriska by Mindfang at her worst for her to be turned off for that reason. The real party is going to start if Meenah is somehow brought out of the afterlife during this act, leaving her with *two pistols and a wink* :D

Cal is narrating now too, so it's not like he's going to pay her any more attention than Jane.

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE
Jesus christ, how many villains do we have to go through until this poo poo ends?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Jazu posted:

Jesus christ, how many villains do we have to go through until this poo poo ends?

Everyone will turn evil by the end. Except John.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

closeted republican posted:

Everyone will turn evil by the end. Except John.

Who will take Lord English's place as supreme evil overpimp, and the comic ends with him destroying all his dead, evil, ex-friends dream bubbles.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Am I the only one who was incredibly relieved to find out this was Aranea instead of Vriska? Vriska's story arc has reached a satisfying conclusion already. Twice. She doesn't really need a third one. Aranea hasn't really gotten a story arc at all. Let's see what she can do.

e: plus now that she has a narrative purpose other than Walking Exposition Dispenser maybe she'll stop with the :words: all the time; otherwise someone will have to edit some horns onto that emote eventually

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

WAR FOOT posted:

Who will take Lord English's place as supreme evil overpimp, and the comic ends with him destroying all his dead, evil, ex-friends dream bubbles.

John will then bitterly realize he has nothing to do in the empty husk of paradox space, and will try to recreate his friends. In doing so, he will accidentally bring about the beginning of the story again, causing Homestuck to become an ouroboros of John becoming Lord English and remaking himself, over and over again, forever.

Insert your own Stephen King joke here.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

When I saw 100+ new posts, I thought the only thing capable of doing that was an extended burst of Vriskachat.

I... I think we might have to upgrade the term to Serketchat? :stare:

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Woke up to this and really wish I had checked last night!

I'm personally pulling for Aranea to go full Mindfang- the self she didn't have a chance to have but by now has had the chance to hear plenty about.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Jazu posted:

I dunno, we still have at least a couple more sets of kids and trolls to introduce, don't we?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I dunno, we still have at least a couple more sets of kids and trolls to introduce, don't we?

Well, the pre-scratch troll ancestors I guess.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tunicate posted:

Well, the pre-scratch troll ancestors I guess.

and then their ghost selves and the post-scratch ancestor ghosts as well.

And at least 5 more copies of Dirk.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
<=== My face at this turn of events.

Seriously, I love everything about this twist. :allears:

Also, I'm pretty sure this means we're gonna overshoot a 2013 ending and land somewhere in Spring 2014 for Act 7. I mean, I wasn't sure we'd get to Act 7 before this year ended, but until the hammer fell I felt it could go either way.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Jazu posted:

Coming up next, Dirk and Li'l Hal reenact this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOFZ5fv_pb8

l-l-loook at y-y-you, strider; a pathetttic creature of meat and bone.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Home stuck has been around so long it's gonna be bizarre when it's gone. I mean I started reading it my junior year of high school and now I just started my third year I college.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Dorroile posted:

Of COURSE the Crappy Serket had to get the ring. Hussie never lets us have nice things.

Did Vriska get the ring? No? Then I think we know who the best Serket really is :colbert:

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
Could this be the reason Jane has been building up Jake's house? To allow Areana access to the portal? Which would point to )-(IC being either in cahoots with, or being manipulated by (either with mind control or just by being really clever), Areana. My money is on it being Condy on the phone.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
A late thought just struck me; So that's where the pillow went!

Another mystery that we didn't know was a mystery and didn't need solving has been solved. Truly, Hussie has achieved some kind of zen trolling.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
Up until five minutes ago I thought Gamzee was probably working for Hussie. Maybe instead he's just working for everyone.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

attackbunny posted:

Up until five minutes ago I thought Gamzee was probably working for Hussie. Maybe instead he's just working for everyone.

Or maybe Gamzee is the ultimate mastermind, and everyone is working FOR him.

Including himself. It's a Double Mobius Clownaround.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I suspect that if Gamzee's eyes are fully open or fully closed, he's being mind-controlled, whereas if they're half-open, he's acting of his own free will. The difference is in the kind of smile he's smiling.

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

loquacius posted:

Am I the only one who was incredibly relieved to find out this was Aranea instead of Vriska? Vriska's story arc has reached a satisfying conclusion already. Twice. She doesn't really need a third one. Aranea hasn't really gotten a story arc at all. Let's see what she can do.

I'm with you on this entirely. I was actually pleased when it was revealed to be Aranea after all. Even if she is becoming a villain she might still be really adorable about it and I can not wait.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
I wanted Calliope to get the ring. I wanted everything to go right. I really did. :negative:

(But if we get a Meenah/HIC pesterlog out of this, that's almost a decent tradeoff!)

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Hahaha, oh man, Fuchsia Ruler has been my ringtone since the first Meenah walkaround. That's amazing.

I'm also of the opinion that this is not going to end well for anyone involved. Vriska is going to be world-shatteringly pissed. She's been incredibly angry lately, at Tavros, and John, and Hussie, and now Aranea's going to send her off the deep end again.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
A lot of people have theories that make sense after the fact, but very few people seem to have good predictions before hand. I am going to guess which Peixes it is calling, and we will see in a day (or so...) how right I am.

I think it is probably HIC on the other end of the pillow phone. I would say about 70% sure. 20% chance that it is Meenah. 5% chance that it is Feferi and 5% chance that it is pre-scratch Feferi, the good Troll Empress.

I don't know if I have that much evidence for this. She is talking in an exasperated tone of voice, as if whoever is on the other end is someone who has been bothering her. Yet in all of the Meenah/Aranea interactions, its Meenah wanting Aranea to shut up. That is my main reason for thinking it is HIC.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Parsley posted:

I'm with you on this entirely. I was actually pleased when it was revealed to be Aranea after all. Even if she is becoming a villain she might still be really adorable about it and I can not wait.
She even has the same awkward sense of getting used to being "bad" that Jade and Jane are having.

If it is HIC, then I have to wonder if she got to know Alternians as a ghost. Maybe she knew Aradia before she died the first time? Aradia had her share of informants manipulating her machinations, from Doc Scratch to an assortment of present and future selves, but

PAST apocalypseArisen posted:

PAA: and here i was thinking we were finished taking 0rders fr0m v0ices!
PAA: weve 0nly swapped the imperatives 0f the dead with th0se 0f 0ur future selves

Is it just random-rear end-nobody-cares-dead or were some Beforan ghosts included in the deal?

Edit: Oh yeah, and regarding Good Serkets and Crappy Serkets-Vriska used all that luck and got the impossibly lucky roll in her fight against Jack and the Black King, and that power was that for a few moments she'd get to be Aranea.

(Updated halfway through this post)

Sweet, so Aranea's plan is in total opposition to all the other plans, so it will be interesting to see how this perfect storm of plans gently caress up for everyone involved. Is John a part of her schemes? He'd seem instrumental to a plan like that.

Double edit: Twerket isn't a fish pun <3

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 3, 2013

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

glowing-fish posted:

I think it is probably HIC on the other end of the pillow phone.

It's a shell phone, thank you. :mad:

Edit: UPDATE!

bitch dont touch my clam

Luminous Obscurity fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 3, 2013

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

So... two Serkets down in the quest to be responsible for all the irons in the fire. What happens if you die while wearing the ring of life? Is that a thing that can happen?

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Well, I was right about her trying to fix things herself. Wrong about her talking to the Condesce. Meenah is right, this poo poo is going to go terribubbly.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
She is going to heal the poo poo out of reality so hard it unmakes the rear end in a top hat green manchild.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

How is Aranea talking to a dead person without being asleep?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
On her Shellphone obviously. :v:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I feel vaguely ashamed that I sniggered at 'bitch don't touch my clam'. :blush:

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
I stand corrected. Apparently the real world and the afterlife have GREAT cell reception.

Also, there's no foreseeable way any of this could possibly go south!

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Aranea you're nuts. At least when Vriska talked herself up it was stuff she could actually do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'm interested to see where this goes. Aranea has a point about her power level - she's several thousand times older than even the Condesce, she has more complete knowledge of the situation than anyone alive, and she's a god-tier to boot.

I mean, she's sure to fail, if only because she said her plan out loud. But I reckon she'll managed to do a lot of damage (to someone or other) before she does.