Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tamir Lenk posted:

I did not mind the big shifts in that story since Keith David's super-homie outfit is a Lando Calrissian costume. He made a deal with Zinyak, Zinyak altered the deal, Keith returns to side of the Saints. Not to mention the cut scene ending with "You sound just like Julius . . . "

It might be mixing references a little, but I wish the thugs beating you up in front of Keith had been using some electricity-based weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

ClownSyndrome posted:

Cheers guys

Aside from the tedious sounding alien vehicle challenge, the 'bounce rifle kills' is going to be painful, I hate that weapon.

Everyone says that until they realize how much the bounce rifle owns. Slap a few upgrades on that bad boy and take it to a virus insertion, you'll have the challenge in no time.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

ClownSyndrome posted:

Cheers guys

Aside from the tedious sounding alien vehicle challenge, the 'bounce rifle kills' is going to be painful, I hate that weapon.

Whaaaat? The fully upgraded bounce rifle is fantastic, you can literally drop down on a group of enemies, shoot once and watch the 'flashpoint deleted' sign come up. I used it for almost the entire game. The only problem is that it's really goofy looking.

Those standard alien weapons (pistol, SMG, rifle) are the worst though and I was annoyed every time the game made me use them. That goddamn noise the rifle makes, like punching a cheap rubber ball, fuuuuck

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
Yeah upgraded it a few times now, the overheating was what annoyed me, it's pretty good now

Is there any way to redo virus injections after they've been completed?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

gibbed posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raV0gNHSNPs
(not my video)

Hope you recognize the first track. :allears:

The promo video for the DLC on the Steam store page for it is pretty good, too.

I have never bought DLC after watching a video as fast as this one. Holy poo poo.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Zimos is mentioned a few times but never physically appears. When the Boss talks to Gat about him his fate is left ambiguous though.

Apparently Zimos appears in one of the upcoming Season Pass DLCs, from what I recall. Also Nyteblayde.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
So there's the dubstep gun pack and I heard about an executive privilege pack, (which sounds pretty pointless) are either of these included in the season pass or is that just for the (2?) upcoming story DLCs?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Crappy Jack posted:

Apparently Zimos appears in one of the upcoming Season Pass DLCs, from what I recall. Also Nyteblayde.

Seriously how can you hear the words "Enter the Dominatrix" and not immediately think of the Big Z

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Crappy Jack posted:

The biggest cameo he has in the main story is his gold-tooth shark on display on your ship and a virtual version in the rubble of Zimos' Cash Wash :911:.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord

Tamir Lenk posted:

I did not mind the big shifts in that story since Keith David's super-homie outfit is a Lando Calrissian costume. He made a deal with Zinyak, Zinyak altered the deal, Keith returns to side of the Saints. Not to mention the cut scene ending with "You sound just like Julius . . . "

Oh my god how did I not notice what that costume actually was. All I saw was the Deep Silver logo on the belt buckle.

Lobst
Mar 28, 2002

~HUG LIFE~
PC players! If you want to experience this game with a relatively normal daytime color palette, set the Simulation Override to Modern and turn both SSAO and post-processing off. I'll be doing this in my second playthrough, no question.

Before:

After:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Modern is too saturated, I think Classic is the best daytime override.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Crappy Jack posted:

From the leaked videos of it (probable DLC spoilers) as the Saints celebrate defeating the antagonist of the DLC Zimos is seen putting his pimp hat on a dinosaur. Donnie also returns.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

CzarChasm posted:

So there's the dubstep gun pack and I heard about an executive privilege pack, (which sounds pretty pointless) are either of these included in the season pass or is that just for the (2?) upcoming story DLCs?

The season pass only includes the first two story DLCs and the rectifier. All other cosmetic, weapon or yet-to-be-announced story DLCs are not included.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

So, with all this DLC... am I ever going to see my original third lieutenant again? :smith:

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Tharizdun posted:

Incorrect, JAWS Unleashed still has the best mission objective of all time, and it's in the first mission:
code:
Obtain a keycard
Because you are a shark. You have to jump up to the catwalk, grab a scientist in your jaws, then swim over to the door and hit L2 to shake your head while you're biting him to open it.

Well, since there's apparently ridable dinosaurs somewhere in the code, is it that farfetched to expect something similar?

Or, more appropriately... (linked) http://i44.tinypic.com/2059xm8.jpg "What the gently caress? Kinzie, I can't reach my loving gun! FIX THIS!" "At least you're not a toilet." "You're not helping, Pierce!"

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anything noteworthy in this ps3 patch that just downloaded?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So I guess not everyone hated Zimos? That autotuned voice poo poo got old real fast.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

gibbed posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raV0gNHSNPs
(not my video)

Hope you recognize the first track. :allears:

The promo video for the DLC on the Steam store page for it is pretty good, too.

Oh god. Ride of the Valkyries. They're loving nailing it on poo poo that people will pay good money for.

edit: Ahaha, the video is pretty great, too.

edit2: Holy poo poo, POLKA.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

So I guess not everyone hated Zimos? That autotuned voice poo poo got old real fast.

Zimos sucked, but you bet your rear end I was worried about that pimpin' shark.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Bash Ironfist posted:

Oh god. Ride of the Valkyries. They're loving nailing it on poo poo that people will pay good money for.

edit: Ahaha, the video is pretty great, too.

edit2: Holy poo poo, POLKA.

They have monetized wub wubs. Volition are geniuses. :catstare:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

They have monetized wub wubs. Volition are geniuses. :catstare:

They seriously have. All the money for all the wubs!

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

PantsBandit posted:

gently caress you guys, that was his stoma you insensitive jerks.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

PantsBandit posted:

No, screw you. :catbert: You never went free-falling with him? Best falling scream in the game.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Just finished, I love this game! Pacing was done really well, IMO right at the end was about the time I was getting tired of running random missions and wanted to finish up.

Super Pierce's outfit was hilarious.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

titties posted:

I think the final mission had a better one (endgame): "Be a badass"

The final objective from Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon does you one better. "Be badass all the way."

Darth Ronson
Jun 18, 2004

Say.. that's a nice
hat.

Bash Ironfist posted:

They seriously have. All the money for all the wubs!

There's no actual wubbing - so all you're really getting is a new skin and an MP3 played over it. Seems like poor value to me.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Darth Ronson posted:

There's no actual wubbing - so all you're really getting is a new skin and an MP3 played over it. Seems like poor value to me.

How is being able to kill with Ride of the Valkyries and Polka music not a good value? :colbert:

And the DeathMetal skin is 80% wubs as far as the Explosive Wubs upgrade is concerned.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 3, 2013

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
They better bring Oleg back too with that time travel poo poo. I'm keeping a virtual Criminal warm for you, buddy :unsmith:

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

I'm still hoping it will be revealed that Oleg, Zimos, and Angel were picked up by Burt Reynold's personal spaceship moments before the Earth exploded

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I was finally about to start my first coop run and the stupid Steam servers are down for maintenance! I just want to throw cars at my friend :(

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

I think you misspelled Josh there.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

Stroth posted:

I think you misspelled Josh there.

As Zinyak is interested in the most talented humans, it's difficult to believe he would not have spared Earth's greatest actor, Josh Birk.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Or Earth's greatest wrestler, Angel. Or Earth's greatest mind, Oleg.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

death .cab for qt posted:

Or Earth's greatest wrestler, Angel.

Zinyak refuses to spare such a tremendous waste of Hulk motherfuckin' Hogan. :colbert:

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

death .cab for qt posted:

Or Earth's greatest mind, Oleg.

I genuinely miss Oleg. It was kind of dumb but I thought that Oleg and Pierce kept having their chess game interrupted was really charming.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Was that Nick Nolte voicing the narrator ending of that one mission Johnny Gat Rescue Mission

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Mostly I want Oleg back because of Kinzie's last log.

Whoo! Superpowers fighting aliens hey another funny audio log, awesome!....poo poo :smith:

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Anybody know if there's been a decent Harrison Ford made by somebody? I tried googling it but nothing came up. My friend and I want to do Blade Runner characters...

Please tell me your partner is going to be Edward James Olmos. :syoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

SirDan3k posted:

Mostly I want Oleg back because of Kinzie's last log.

Whoo! Superpowers fighting aliens hey another funny audio log, awesome!....poo poo :smith:

You know that bug where an audio log plays every time you load your game?

I had that one play every time I started the game for 3 straight days. :smith:

• Locked thread