Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Embrace the floof:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
This is Truss. There were three strays outside my old apartment and she was the lucky one. She likes freshly folded laundry.

And this is her helping me move

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
The most recent additions.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

You're in the dead middle of cleaning the litter box? That reminds me, I have to poo poo. Thanks!

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Grey cats being litter box hogs itt

This jerk:

HAS to poo in the box immediately after the litter is changed.

If you pick up the box to move it, she will jump into it and poo poo en route.

No matter where she is in the house, she knows you are thinking about touching her bathroom.

SHE KNOWS

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Hole in ground scuppers Turbo's break for freedom!

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
My cats were freaking out over me having to be away for a weekend unplanned (Dad kept them fed and not dying). Now that I'm back they're happy to ignore me and sunbathe

(bonus points for wicked new granny furniture)

YakCabinet
Aug 9, 2011
My husband and I adopted our first co-owned pet this past Sunday. She's a young little fluff-cat we discovered at our local SSPCA after she was found abandoned inside her previous home. She's already kicked her way straight into my heart.

I've taken a lot of photos of her being awesome on my phone which likely better represent her character, but instead here's some glamour shots.

Meet Evie:

She has the fur of a baby bunny and is just about the cuddliest cat I've ever met. She's the first cat I've owned since my handsome boy Mieux passed away in 2011.

Dat nose. :kimchi:

:downs:

And for good measure, dearly departed Mieux on the day I adopted him:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

YakCabinet posted:

My husband and I adopted our first co-owned pet this past Sunday. She's a young little fluff-cat we discovered at our local SSPCA after she was found abandoned inside her previous home. She's already kicked her way straight into my heart.

I've taken a lot of photos of her being awesome on my phone which likely better represent her character, but instead here's some glamour shots.

Meet Evie:

She has the fur of a baby bunny and is just about the cuddliest cat I've ever met. She's the first cat I've owned since my handsome boy Mieux passed away in 2011.

Dat nose. :kimchi:

:downs:

Adopt a sibling for her! That's what I did:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Look at this dumb dog.

YakCabinet
Aug 9, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

Adopt a sibling for her! That's what I did:

It's like you've read my mind. I told my husband that SA agrees we should get another cat; his response was something along the lines of "Mmph". I'll work on it.

Oh man, your orange kitties are great. Clearly less than impressed with the ridiculous number of controllers present.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Flea bath day!

During:

After:

Brady the cat was unhappy but took it with dignity. Buddy peed in terror and froze until the water stopped. On the whole not the hardest pets to bathe.

slowm
Sep 5, 2013

live slow, die whenevs
Otto, German Pinscher

2 weeks

1.5 years

nollek
Jun 13, 2007

We speak for Earth
Watching football with Oreo.

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.
I rescued this kitten yesterday! Thinking about making a thread, because kittens are adorable. Should I?

We still need a name. Any ideas?

triskadekaphilia
Oct 29, 2004
^^^ Just last week rescued little baby that looks like your little baby :3: The boyfriend found her mewing pitifully on a dirty rag outside near his office. We (well, I - the first rule of bringing baby kitten home was don't name baby kitten because we weren't supposed to get attached) named her Gulliver, even though it's a boys name because she sounds like a little seagull. Needless to say, we are now officially one step closer to crazy cat people.

This was Gully when we first brought her home:

Now just under a week later, after a clean vet check, some de-fleaing with a little comb and a couple gentle baths, tons of cuddles, and A LOT of kitten fomula:

Initially we really were planning on just fostering her when she got old enough to adopt out, but I'm a huge softy and the boyfriend is really no better. Not much convincing was needed. Plus my dog Lily has become just as attached as we are.

The boyfriend actually has three cats already from before we met, and I've got my pitbull. None of his kitties want anything to do with my dog, even though all she wants to do is shower them in kisses and cuddles :( She keeps away from them now after some well timed face swipes, and this tends to be the story with every kitty she meets. She's unfortunately pretty dog aggressive, though, so I've got no plans to get another pup and that means her only friends are people.

That is, until she met Gully. Who so far has zero dog fear, and will wobble as fast as she can across the floor to the big 60lb brute who is dying to snuffle her and give her licks and tries as hard as she can to keep in the excitement and not squish tiny baby kitty. I have high hopes they will be best friends when Gully is a little older. I'm betting Lily is going to be a fantastic object of rear end in a top hat kitten pranks because she is seemingly completely unable to feel pain and loves any attention whatsoever.

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.
We decided to name him Oliver!

I picked him up out of the middle of the road and brought him to the sidewalk where there was some shade. I realized I couldn't just leave him out by himself so I called him girlfriend and we took him home. We're gonna take him to the vet tomorrow, but he's not injured anywhere and seems to be in good health. He's eating wet food and is really social and playful and awesome.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

C'est Penny

~woofe~

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Dozer is still the man, incase you were all wondering. Dude got all tuckered out from hanging out by the campfire all night

E: Also, I'll confess when we first got him like ~10 years ago and we were talking about what to name him, I suggested Nimbus. Like the cloud. Because he is grey. My sister immediately shot that down for being absolutely terrible and a lovely name for a cat.

She's right, and I'm glad as gently caress that we didn't name him that because it's loving awful and goddamn what a nerd I was/am.

Tom Brady fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Sep 16, 2013

SpudNYC
Jun 2, 2004
This is Jinx and Sammy

They're six month old brothers.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

SpudNYC posted:

This is Jinx and Sammy

They're six month old brothers.

Gonna steal those cats.

Have a Patches:

a Smudge:

and our dear departed Stoffie:

(The pictures of Patches and Smudge were from last Christmas, when we got them those tags/collars as their Christmas presents. The picture of Stoff is from before Undead Waterfowl moved in with me, and I don't have any more recent pics on hand at the moment.)

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Adopted two cat bros a week ago. They are awesome :3:

Gizmo

And Beamz

Fred Lynn
Feb 22, 2013

He reminds me of our old siamese, Samson. This is a picture taken just before he died at the age of 21. Unfortunately, I don't have any earlier photos of him when he was healthy. I think I was twelve when we got him.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

This is Rose. She's a total spazz :3:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
No, I would muchly rather not go into the carrier sir no than- Oh, turkey you say?

To be honest, he doesn't even mind anymore, especially since he has to go in like every few days now. Also, he has upgraded padding in there and whatnot to make it extra comfy for him.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Ok well, I have been neglectful of some other friends of mine and only posted Dozer who is effing awesome don't get me wrong :colbert: I just want to also show my internet love for other buddies too.

Zeke, whom is quite a bit more interested in whatever is going on near the table than the nice little napkin bib I made for him, which he didn't even thank me for.

His brother Cecil still loves me, despite the fact I did not make him a bib.

Though he appears to regret having been so cute I had to take a picture of him while he was trying to sleep.

Velvet swears she saw a mouse, she probably did. She did not however, catch any of them. (I did though :saddowns:)

Velvet's best non human friend, and dog-overlord of the house, Colby. I usually just call him Colonel Wuffington though because whatever.

Velvet's Roommate, Rita, with Colby. Getting dogs stupidly excited by just talking excitedly to them is so fun :allears:

Velvet remains unimpressed with my ability to play playstation.

Bonus Dozer picture, I'm convinced he thinks that one day he will be mistaken for a table ornament and won't be shooed off for dinner.

I dunno, I guess he likes eating lizards and being a predator or some poo poo

E: Oh, I forgot Checkers! (My father named him after Nixon's dog)

We actually gave him to my Grandma when my Abuelo died because she was lonely and had always loved the dog

Tom Brady fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 19, 2013

femaleparts
Sep 20, 2013
This is my cat, Tonka.

And he is tonka tough.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dexter and Lulu demonstrate the iphone 5s slo-mo video. Results: :black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CiJPH0sk3c

Saranya
Aug 10, 2011

This is my little designer mutt General Cao Cao (we just call him The General) He's part pug part boston and he was found wandering the streets with his litter mate before he was brought to the shelter where I was walking dogs:

I had to move overseas for school last year and I couldn't bring him with me. I miss him a ton, but he ended up staying with my parents who absolutely adore him. I think that having The General around is actually helping my mom with some of her medical issues. So as much as I miss him, I'm really glad that he's with them. They send me pictures of him from time to time. This one is of him silently spying on the neighbor dog through a hole in the fence. Bonus Oscar the cat in the background.:

My mom is retired and my dad works from home so they have a lot of time to fuss over him. When they aren't doting on him at home they take him on car trips:

They even put a humiliating hat on him for Christmas. He wasn't feeling very festive:

He really enjoys pretending to be one of the cats whenever the sun is out:

I miss that little stinker so much, but I'm glad that he's in good hands and it's nice to get updates.

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*
eh feels like time for some Diaz. She's like 9 loving years old now. what the hell, i do not believe it.
took 300+ pics today good luck seeing more than 5 of them fully processed and uploaded in the next year.
i grace you with her front end as the other pic is a very nicely focused butt shot.

triskadekaphilia
Oct 29, 2004
Gone from this (posted already farther up on the page)

To this

Terrible instagram filter, hipster cat. This is also pretty much the first pic I've managed to get of her with mouth closed since she's started playing and jumping around. Noisy (adorable) little creature.

(Also flash. I may have blinded her accidentally. It doesn't seem to have affected her at all.)

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
Here's Dip pretending he's my doorstop. A Dipstop, if you will.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

My mom tossed a picture of my little guy up on facebook. Thought the name of the place they're at was cool so I left that part :shrug:

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008
My new poop generator, Seb. 9 week old Golden Retriever.

Welp, sold

Anoulie
Oct 8, 2013
This is Emmy, now six years old.

She lives with my parents because I'm a terribly irresponsible owner who left my poor cat so I could have fun in med school all by myself.

Anoulie fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Oct 21, 2013

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.

This is Jeffrey, ~8 months ago when I first got him.

Since then he's gotten a bit bigger (you don't fit, cat).

He's definitely a handful, but I don't blame for having a bit of an attitude given the fact that we live with 27 other people and about 8 more cats throughout the house.

But he's my handful, and I love him.

(I apologize for mis-posting what is now TWO threads that were meant for in here.)

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me

I spent a particularly long day away from His Highness, so the next day when I went into the garage to get something out of my car, Roger hopped right in and REFUSED to move. Refused. I reached for his collar, and he hopped into the back seat. And then the very back after that (SUV). And then back to the back seat. Damnit dog! I had to go inside and ring the doorbell to get him out of the stupid car. Gullible lovable rear end in a top hat.

This is his favorite sleeping pose. Can't stay mad at a retard like that :3:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Toy poodle time. We call her "Shark Week" because we can't train her to stop mouthing every single thing she comes across. Kicked out of obedience school for being a super spaz, beyond normal poodle puppy expectations. She's so adorable when we have to take her outside or put her in her crate - she'll run up the stairs and lie down at the top or landing, with her belly exposed.

Which is the only way to get a picture of her, besides when she's asleep. She tends to stick her tongue out and/or make buck teeth at us when she wants to get attention. It's as if she knows that dorkiness is cute.

Her favorite game takes place when we have dinner. She'll take a ball, and then very deliberately, very slowly nose it just out of reach under the furniture. Hell, she even looks at us while she does it. Then she tap-dances, gives us major eyewhites and boofs at us until we get the drat thing back. Wash, rinse, repeat until we're done with dinner or just put the ball on top of the hutch. Also related: chuck the ball down the basement steps, or take a rawhide and carefully drop it between the couch and the wall. Then stick her tongue out and do a sort of head-stand.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Missing Name posted:

Toy poodle time. We call her "Shark Week" because we can't train her to stop mouthing every single thing she comes across. Kicked out of obedience school for being a super spaz, beyond normal poodle puppy expectations. She's so adorable when we have to take her outside or put her in her crate - she'll run up the stairs and lie down at the top or landing, with her belly exposed.

Bet that dog would be killer at sports. She sounds fun. Just gotta channel the insanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
This is what I get when I try to take close up pics of Beamz

Then he ran away :(
His brother, Gizmo chillin in my lap.

• Locked thread