Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
OK, I took the sticker off my laptop now, so:

I, Direwolf, oath to paint 1 Missy (Mixed breed, bites feet) for the month of September

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Direwolf posted:

I, Direwolf, oath to paint 1 Missy (Mixed breed, bites feet) for the month of September

I don't feel like that dog will appreciate being painted. Also I see multiple colors so you should probably prime the dog and retake your picks if you want Krushgroove to accept your post.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Direwolf posted:

No timestamp in the oath photo. Denied.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ForkBanger posted:

I, Forkbanger, oath to paint this High Elf Skycutter for the month of September.

Is this GW/28mm?

Red Herring posted:

:frogsiren:I, Red Herring, hereby oath to complete the following: Five (5) Shadow Spectres.:frogsiren:

Manufacturer/scale, please?

krushgroove, if you approved Arlaharen's Oath, I missed it.

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)
I'm thinking of oathing something but I have a question first: do I have to declare everything I'm going to go for at the beginning? That is, if I do the Detektuv’s Jurnal, Box Art, or whatever, do I have to say it when I declare my oath or can it wait until the models are complete?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oxford Comma posted:

I'm thinking of oathing something but I have a question first: do I have to declare everything I'm going to go for at the beginning? That is, if I do the Detektuv’s Jurnal, Box Art, or whatever, do I have to say it when I declare my oath or can it wait until the models are complete?

You do not. Many people declare that stuff, but it has to be in the Oath Complete post anyway, and that's when I give points. And there's no penalty if someone says they're doing (say) Box Art and then don't do it.

The only thing you need to declare up front is the models that you want to paint, with a time stamp. And in fact you can add to your oath later, so it's fine to oath one model and then paint it and then oath another model and then paint that, or whatever. Just bear in mind the deadline for oathing things is one week before the end of the month; you can't add to your oath after that.

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
I, Oxford Comma, oath to paint these 28mm Bolt Action GIs, 25 in total, for September.

This is also my first oath so, Awww, its a baby!

Did I do this right? :ohdear:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Seems alright, krushgroove will do the approval.
Is "bolt action" the game, or the manufacturer? Googling just gets me a lot of gun links.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
Bolt action is a game by Warlord. http://www.warlordgames.com/us-store/bolt-action.html

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Leperflesh posted:

Manufacturer/scale, please?

Yeah those are Forgeworld Shadow Spectres for 40k, 28mm

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Sep 3, 2013

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Is this GW/28mm?

Yes, GW 28mm for Warhammer Fantasy.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Arlaharen posted:

I, Arlaharen, oath one Hierophant from Privateer Press for September!

Sorry I missed this! Probably all dem funny ledders on dere

TheBlobThing posted:

I'm probably setting myself up for a bit of a catastrophe here, but:
:catdrugs:Oath addition!:catdrugs:
I, TheBlobThing, oath to paint these 3 Death Korps of Krieg Autocannon teams from Forgeworld (GW) for the month of September, in addition to the 15 Grave Guard I oathed earlier.

ForkBanger posted:

I, Forkbanger, oath to paint this High Elf Skycutter for the month of September.

Pash posted:

I, Pash, oath 1 Tau Crisis Suit by GW for the month of September!

Direwolf posted:

No picture of your supposedly clean laptop! DENIED

Oxford Comma posted:

I, Oxford Comma, oath to paint these 28mm Bolt Action GIs, 25 in total, for September.
<snip>
Did I do this right? :ohdear:
Going BIG for your first-ever oath! We like that here. You've got plenty of time to finish them if you're committed enough!

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005

Illudere posted:

I, Illudere, oath an Orc Raider starter fleet consisting of 1 battleship, 3 cruisers, and 6 frigates. These miniatures are Spartan Games Uncharted Seas in 1/600th scale. I also oath 2 war elephants with howdahs from Eureka Miniatures in 10mm scale.

I meant to do the ships last month but slacked off.

Savin Da Whales Oath

I bit off more than I can chew and so to alleviate a tiny shred of shame I'm going to save the whales on this one.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Illudere posted:

Savin Da Whales Oath

I bit off more than I can chew and so to alleviate a tiny shred of shame I'm going to save the whales on this one.

Alright! Be sure to oath something else as well, if you want regular oath points for September.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oxford Comma posted:

28mm Bolt Action GIs

Exciting! I did a ton of 1/72 US guys as my first and second oaths, which I only bring up because there's a Parts List in my Oath Complete that you may find useful.

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

Gonna done oath this count-as Draigo grey knight chappie, converted from almost entirely GW bits.

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011

moths posted:

Exciting! I did a ton of 1/72 US guys as my first and second oaths, which I only bring up because there's a Parts List in my Oath Complete that you may find useful.

I'll check that out. Thanks.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

I, Dagon, Oath this Forgeworld Decimator, unfortunate power squat and all.

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR

krushgroove posted:

Sorry I missed this! Probably all dem funny ledders on dere

Looks perfectly nörmal to me :catstare:

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
September Oath

One Steelsoul Keg Protector GenCon Privateer Press exclusive (28mm).

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Ok, time to use this oath to clear my desk of models I've been putting off painting..

I, enri, hereby oath to paint one Trollblood Axer for Hordes, scale is 28mm and the manufacturer is Privateer Press

Planning on adding a few more bits before the months out, if family life and work allow for it. Which I seriously doubt they will but eh, good intentions and all that.

Conan the Librarian
Mar 1, 2006

I drink zee beer from zee glass but das boring, das boot? ew yeah das more like it keep pouring
I, Conan the Librarian, oath to paint these five 15mm Battlefront T-54/55 tanks. These are the NVA tanks for Vietnam but I'll be painting them for the upcoming Six Day War supplement "Fate of a Nation". I'll see if I can do some freehand Arabic on the sides of the turrets.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
Edit: Thanks Pierzak!

I have an issue with my oath (beyond the laptop sticker) - it turns out the model I thought was a Line Kazak is a Haqqislam Ghulam Infantry, it was unlabeled in the container I got it in. Can I edit my Oath post to reflect the difference? It's just a labeling thing, still the same model.

Edit: vvvvvvvv Thanks

Direwolf fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 4, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
It's a Ghulam.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Monoliths posted:

Gonna done oath this count-as Draigo grey knight chappie, converted from almost entirely GW bits.

You're good (and you don't have to put your name in your oath picture, just your oath complete picture if you want the point).

Dagon posted:

I, Dagon, Oath this Forgeworld Decimator, unfortunate power squat and all.

KingMob posted:

September Oath

One Steelsoul Keg Protector GenCon Privateer Press exclusive (28mm).

enri posted:

Ok, time to use this oath to clear my desk of models I've been putting off painting..

I, enri, hereby oath to paint one Trollblood Axer for Hordes, scale is 28mm and the manufacturer is Privateer Press

Conan the Librarian posted:

I, Conan the Librarian, oath to paint these five 15mm Battlefront T-54/55 tanks.
That avatar is NOT Conan the Librarian from UHF, but whatever.

ALL ACCEPTED

Direwolf posted:

I have an issue with my oath (beyond the laptop sticker) - it turns out the model I thought was a Line Kazak is a Haqqislam Ghulam Infantry, it was unlabeled in the container I got it in. Can I edit my Oath post to reflect the difference? It's just a labeling thing, still the same model.

Just go back and edit your oath post, and posting a follow-up post as you've done will never hurt to make sure the spreadsheet isn't out of date.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

krushgroove posted:

:siren: WE HAVE OTHER PRIZE WINNERS WHO HAVEN'T CLAIMED THEIR PRIZES:siren:

WhiteOutMouse (Dragon Forge bases - go to the Dragon Forge site and choose your bases as specified in the OP)

What!? But I sent you an email...

Upon further inspection I sent a reply to simply "krushgroove" instead of your actual email address... No idea how that happened sine I thought I used the reply function. Rectified.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I, Babe Magnet, oath to paint this conversion, a mish-mash of Games Workshop Blood Angels/Dark Angels/Grey Knight/Space Marines (and Max-Mini Shoulder Pads), for September.

First oath, so Aww, it's a baby!

Question, just to clarify: If I go for a bunch of the one-time bonuses at once (since I don't see myself doing a ton of oaths), does that count against my image limit? I plan on trying to hit basically all of them except the box-art one.

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
If I finish my oath for this month with enough time to do another, can I get points for more than one oath each month?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Oxford Comma posted:

If I finish my oath for this month with enough time to do another, can I get points for more than one oath each month?

no

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Direwolf posted:

I've updated the spreadsheet. You can just update your oath post.

Oxford Comma posted:

No. But you can try for more bonus things! Like, maybe do Fly Your Flag or something. That could get you another point! Also maybe the judges will be more impressed with your next model! And you'll also get more stuff painted! Yay!

Babe Magnet posted:

Question, just to clarify: If I go for a bunch of the one-time bonuses at once (since I don't see myself doing a ton of oaths), does that count against my image limit? I plan on trying to hit basically all of them except the box-art one.

Well, you don't need a separate image for each different one-time bonus. E.g., if you did Fly Your Flag and also Box Art, you could document both with one photo. But generally, the image limit is a soft limit. If you need to add more photos to document (for example) Speed Painting or In Battle or Strike a Pose, that's OK, we won't penalize you for adding in a photo or two for that. I don't think those photos go in the slideshow for judging anyway.

I sort of forgot to do prize draws earlier in the week, so I'mma do them tonight! Stay tuned.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I, Icon of Sin, oath to paint these 2 Games Workshop Space Marine bikers. They're the last of their Ravenwing squadron to get painted (only 24 more bikes to go, I have plenty to continue oathing month after month :suicide: )

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Question about themed group and mixed size models. For normal 28mm models, I need 5. For larger models, I need 3. What about a riptide (super large) and 2 drones (normal sized)?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Booley posted:

Question about themed group and mixed size models. For normal 28mm models, I need 5. For larger models, I need 3. What about a riptide (super large) and 2 drones (normal sized)?

I think your best bet when it's an edge case is to take a picture and ask Ineptmule. He's the prize-giver-awayer for these so we've been leaving it to his judgement generally. If you're taking a picture of something of unusual scale, it's a good idea to include something in the photo to help judge the size of the models - a ruler, or a coin, or a space marine, or something like that.

Germ
May 7, 2013

I Germ, Oath this Rhino and these 7 Plague Marines for the month of September. All are 28ish mm scale and by Games Workshop and Forge World. The green is some fresh greenstuff maggots I added to a previously primered tank.

Looking forward to getting some actual painting done!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's time for prizes for August 2013!

Monthly prizes:

Dragon Forge Miniatures: $12 worth of their awesome bases shipped directly to: ForkBanger!

A blister pack selected from the box sent to us from Corvus Belli goes to: bhsman! But no, he won last month. Reroll! It goes to: Signal!

A pack of Springer-Pinsel Kolinksy Sable Brushes goes to: Zhent!

FOUR sets of Games 'n' Gears double-ended brushes go to: Bavius, Brock Samsonite, Dr. Gargunza, and Brock Samsonite! Ok wait Brock can't win twice, reroll. One set of brushes goes to: Deanut Pancer!

An item chosen from several lots of game stuff from The Troll Trader goes to: ijyt!

An item from the Detektuv's Grab Bag goes to: Dr. Gargunza!

Finally, for Ineptmule's Theme Prize for July/August, £25 / $38.50 / €29.50 / AU$36.50 / CA$39.00 worth of models goes to: Pash!

Dr. Gargunza, you've won two prizes, but per the rules, you can only win one prize in a month. You'll have to choose! Let me know which you want, and I'll re-roll for the other.

All prize winners, please contact krushgroove with your info. Except you, Signal: you send your info to me! My user name at Gmail dot com. You'll have a selection of Infinity models to pick from.

There's one more prize to draw! The Warhammer 40k special prize for this month. I will draw that soon, but I needed to check with krushgroove about something first, so stay tuned!

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

I think your best bet when it's an edge case is to take a picture and ask Ineptmule. He's the prize-giver-awayer for these so we've been leaving it to his judgement generally. If you're taking a picture of something of unusual scale, it's a good idea to include something in the photo to help judge the size of the models - a ruler, or a coin, or a space marine, or something like that.

Hammerhead and space marine are for scale. I'm OK with this going either way, I've got most of the month to paint more.

INEPTMULE, your judgement?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I, Fix, oath to paint these 11 genestealers and 1 Broodlord.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I, Under 15, oath to paint one GW Warhammer Fantasy Giant for September.

Included is a halfling snack and pet wolf.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
Yay! I won some brushes. PM sent!

What do you guys think? Dakka jet, riptide, or battlewagon for this month?

Hmm. I'll get back to you oath thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Battlewagon.

• Locked thread