Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Cherokee Jack posted:

So far EB Games isn't getting it in Canada. Hell, we're not even getting the special edition of WW with the statue.

:(

Whaaaa I'm gonna have to tell them to get it in Detroit then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cherokee Jack
Dec 27, 2005

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Whaaaa I'm gonna have to tell them to get it in Detroit then.

Or we might get it? Probably not? Who the hell knows with EB.

From their Twitter feed:

EB Games Canada posted:

FYI...We're looking into carrying the Zelda Wind Waker Limited Editions, stay tuned!

Just carry it, damnit. :argh:

edit: got this "news" from NeoGAF

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Walked into my local EB games today to pick up a physical copy of Super Luigi U because I didnt pick up New Super Mario Bros U.
They're charging $60

How am I supposed to support this?

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

http://nintendo1ds.com/

I would totally get this if it were a real thing. Sadly, it's just something in the mind of another Nintendo fan. This seems like something that would be pretty awesome.

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012
The WiiU could be near enough that if it just had a 3DS player addon.

Even if it looked pretty bad, I'm sure a hell of a lot of people would love it, bah.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Den of Lies posted:

I would totally get this if it were a real thing. Sadly, it's just something in the mind of another Nintendo fan. This seems like something that would be pretty awesome.

Would buy this in a loving heartbeat.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Den of Lies posted:

That's...remarkably well made. Someone somewhere will complain about how blocky everything would look, screw them I played poo poo on my Super Gameboy all the time and didn't complain once.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

bradybunch posted:

Walked into my local EB games today to pick up a physical copy of Super Luigi U because I didnt pick up New Super Mario Bros U.
They're charging $60

Buy it from Amazon or another place with the correct price?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

bradybunch posted:

They're charging $60

Yeah that's gotta be wrong. Even Gamestop has it for thirty bucks and well, they're Gamestop.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

bradybunch posted:

They're charging $60

Gamestop? Charging people too much for games? Why I never! Next you'll tell me they broke cellophane on thousands of copies of Xenoblade nationwide in order to mark them up from $50 to $90.

(EB Games is Gamestop now basically)

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

bradybunch posted:

They're charging $60

Buy from someone not trying to rip you off.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

I live in Australia so I have a feeling it is the 'correct' price.

I guess I'll just find a used copy on ebay.

$60 for DLC? gently caress you Nintendo.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

bradybunch posted:

It's $20 on the eShop.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

bradybunch posted:

When was the last time a company shipped you DLC as a standalone physical retail product all the way to Australia without giving it a ridiculous price? Is that even a thing that happens? I get that the price is steep but you've got some special circumstances (living in the land of overpriced software).

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Den of Lies posted:

I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

Back in reality, everyone buy Rayman Legends. It's amazing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm pretty sure Nintendo Australia isn't cutting the price of the hardware here, either.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Den of Lies posted:

This page is all very well done. I wish the person that made it had gone whole hog and made the whole site a parody instead of just linking to Nintendo's site. Probably a bit too far to go for a joke I guess :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bradybunch posted:

If you don't mind waiting a week for it to come from the UK, you should give OzGameShop a look. The prices are aussie dollars, no shipping charges, and no need to ever let EB Games ever see another cent of your money.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
You shouldn't be going to EB anyway unless you're looking for something super niche or that you can't really find new anymore that they might have preowned. If you want to buy locally you should be hitting up somewhere like JB or Big W, especially if you're looking at new releases (Big W were doing Wonderful 101 for $68 and the new Splinter Cell for $60 in their launch weeks).

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Toys R Us are also fantastic for getting video games, as is Amazon.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/3/4692428/hideki-kamiya-on-his-scrapped-nintendo-all-stars-game-and-giving-up

You hosed up Nintendo. You should have let Kamiya make a star fox game, but you didn't. And now he doesn't even want to make one anymore.

quote:

With Nintendo and Platinum Games working together on two announced titles, The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2, I asked Kamiya if he had an interest in working on one of Nintendo's other franchise. He's previously expressed a desire to work on a Star Fox game, but that interest may be fading.

"I've been known for saying I want to work on Star Fox," he said, "but the tendency for this to spread and people constantly pestering me with questions, like 'How would you do this? How would you do that?' ... Quite frankly, I've decided I don't want to work on Star Fox anymore."

Oh well. :smith:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

R.I.P Starfox franchise

In 10 more years we might get another starfox 64 remake

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

PonchAxis posted:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/3/4692428/hideki-kamiya-on-his-scrapped-nintendo-all-stars-game-and-giving-up

You hosed up Nintendo. You should have let Kamiya make a star fox game, but you didn't. And now he doesn't even want to make one anymore.

Oh well. :smith:

Or people should have stopped annoying Kamiya on Twitter.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Or people should have stopped annoying Kamiya on Twitter.

Honestly you're kinda inviting people to ask you about that when you go public that you want to create a new star fox game. Of course people are going to ask him about it a lot especially since he is big on twitter.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Kamiya's job is basically yelling at people on Twitter. I'd figure he rather enjoys it.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

PonchAxis posted:

Honestly you're kinda inviting people to ask you about that when you go public that you want to create a new star fox game. Of course people are going to ask him about it a lot especially since he is big on twitter.

He's big on Twitter because he tells people off for being retarded manchildren.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kamiya's real cool on twitter because he'll spend all this time yelling at morons and then post somebody's crayon drawing of Bayonetta and call it "Very nice!"

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
It's all a ploy for more attention, Kamiya actually making Star Fox Vengeance right now.

...I'd also like a Ferrari F-40. :sigh:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I would have bought a Platinum Starfox game, I'd rather have that than W101.

Then again they probably would have had the arwings transform and combine with the landmasters and form a giant robot or something..

Yeah I'd honestly prefer a Platinum Starfox game.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

WendigoJohnson posted:

I would have bought a Platinum Starfox game, I'd rather have that than W101.

Then again they probably would have had the arwings transform and combine with the landmasters and form a giant robot or something..

Yeah I'd honestly prefer a Platinum Starfox game.
The best Platinum Starfox game would also serve as Vanquish 2.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The next Star Fox game is a dating Sim. You play as Krystal.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

greatn posted:

The next Star Fox game is a dating Sim. You play as Krystal.

Preordered.

:fuckoff:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Falco is so tsundere, but Slippy is so moe. It's hard to decide.

7billionanddying
Oct 30, 2011
Is Nintendo ever going to do another F-Zero? That's the only franchise I give a poo poo about from them and they treat it like it's got the loving plague. I dutifully bought a Wii and a 3DS in the naive hope that they'd do a new entry but wtf Ninty, its been like 10 loving years. I don't care about anything else GIVE ME F-ZERO DAMMIT.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

7billionanddying posted:

Is Nintendo ever going to do another F-Zero? That's the only franchise I give a poo poo about from them and they treat it like it's got the loving plague. I dutifully bought a Wii and a 3DS in the naive hope that they'd do a new entry but wtf Ninty, its been like 10 loving years. I don't care about anything else GIVE ME F-ZERO DAMMIT.

They haven't figured out a gimmick to ruin it with yet. At least that seems to be the implication from interviews with Miyamoto.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I dunno the WipeOut series pretty much satisfied all of my F-Zero cravings. The PSN title is basically the perfect futuristic racing game.

7billionanddying
Oct 30, 2011

EC posted:

I dunno the WipeOut series pretty much satisfied all of my F-Zero cravings. The PSN title is basically the perfect futuristic racing game.

GX. Wipeout doesn't come close (I have it). For one thing, no badass pilots. And I don't think it plays as well at all. Weapons are lame. It's just... Not F-Zero.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

EC posted:

Wipeout is pretty cool and all but its just ain't F-Zero man. They play so differently. It doesn't matter because Psygnosis doesn't exist anymore anyway :(.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
F-Zero AX is the greatest thing in the world, what with the seat that shifts around. I found a cabinet at Canada's Wonderland. GX is pretty amazing by itself, though!

The cutscenes really make the aggravating story difficulty worthwhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
What is the ExciteTrucks team working on these days? Put them on F-Zero, that game was great.

• Locked thread