Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

"I, for one will not use this uniform to make a political statement"

I think the ship has sailed on that one dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Oh hey didn't someone break down the medals in the full picture of that top left one and show the person probably isn't actually in them military.

~Cosplayers against Syrian intervention~

Deific Presence
May 7, 2007
Except that all those soldiers "protesting" are hiding their faces because they know if they actually refused to fight they would be court-martialed.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Doesn't the authorization going through congress explicitly exclude ground troops anyways?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Yes, the current iteration of it is just permission to shoot a crapload of Tomahawks off of Navy destroyers. No American boots will be on the ground in Syria.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Prurient Squid posted:

I can't make out what the guy with the uncovered face is saying but from what I can tell it's not favourable to the others (Get the gently caress back to work).

Edit: Yeah, I think it says "How about quit making signs and get the gently caress back to work".

Full size version

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Brother Jonathan posted:

Don't forget to bunny hop!

Yeah, I'm worried that people will actually start following that advice and get shot in the back repeatedly. But the idea of someone getting mugged throwing their wallet down the street and yelling "fetch!" is hilarious.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Soviet Commubot posted:

Full size version

Haha, wow, yeah, that's pretty :ironicat:

Did the person who made the image just grab any picture of a dude holding a sign they saw without thinking?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

dijon du jour posted:

Did the person who made the image just grab any picture of a dude holding a sign they saw without thinking?

It even has the dragon dildo version :allears:

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011
e: never mind, SA keeps lying to me about how many posts are unread tonight :|

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

dijon du jour posted:

Why would they need to read the signs, everyone knows the military is one giant hive mind! :downs:

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Ironically, the one telling everybody else to knock it off is the only one with the balls to show his face.

Murder Hats
Nov 16, 2008

"You need to put as much focus on work as you give to getting the perfect reCaptcha phrase!"
/
:backtowork:
This has to count. I want this to count.

From what I've seen most of the pictures on that TV show's page have numerous people commenting on it with their phone numbers. Even the pictures that are blatant ads.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

AlliedBiscuit posted:

4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc.
DON'T DO THIS!) The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head,
and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR ,
LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE..

Silly women, always sitting around in cars and making lists. This is how murders happen, ladies!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

unwantedplatypus posted:

Ironically, the one telling everybody else to knock it off is the only one with the balls to show his face.

Probably also the only one actually in the military and not wearing their dad's/brother's or just their airsoft cosplay like the guy in the bottom right.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

unwantedplatypus posted:

Well, that's because you can get article 15'd for actually being in uniform and supporting basically anything the military hasn't said was Ok. If they weren't hiding their faces, names, and rank they could be in a load of trouble.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

hyperhazard posted:

Silly women, always sitting around in cars and making lists. This is how murders happen, ladies!

I always lock my doors when making lists, checkmate rapists :smug:

OdorousTobacco
Oct 17, 2005
I get the chills thinking that one day this fuckwit may be right
So what's the deal with the page calling itself "Uncle Sam's Misguided Children"?

Who are the ones who are misguided? Are they saying the rest of America is misguided and they're fixing it? Are they claiming to be misguided themselves, in which case, they're admitting that they're wrong?

How does this work?

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

OdorousTobacco posted:

So what's the deal with the page calling itself "Uncle Sam's Misguided Children"?

Who are the ones who are misguided? Are they saying the rest of America is misguided and they're fixing it? Are they claiming to be misguided themselves, in which case, they're admitting that they're wrong?

How does this work?

You're putting more thought into it than they did.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

OdorousTobacco posted:

How does this work?

It's a reference to a common nickname for the United States Marine Corps, or USMC.

Minchin Dupree
Oct 23, 2008

...I'll smash them.
Fresh off the press:

Bear in mind that the poster is British.
8 likes :cripes: (assumingly also British)

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

It's admittedly been a long time since I've seen the truther refutals, but...

Wasn't there very explicitly quite a bit of debris found at the Pentagon?

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
I have a number of regular customers who come in who were all working construction together right across the street at the exact moment when the Pentagon was hit, but you know the Government could have paid them off.

You know, paid to lie offhandedly to a stranger for no reason.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Regalingualius posted:

It's admittedly been a long time since I've seen the truther refutals, but...

Wasn't there very explicitly quite a bit of debris found at the Pentagon?

Yeah, if I remember correctly Loose Change started out as a fictional account off 9/11, the guy making it made the claim that there was no wreckage and only showed photos of the pentagon after it had been cleaned up. He did this intentionally not to trick people, but because of how his fictional movie was supposed to go. While he was creating it, someone saw parts of it, thought it was real and then used claims from the fictional movie, such as no airplane parts at the Pentagon, in Loose Change.

And yes, there are plenty of pictures with airplane debris around the Pentagon.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

hyperhazard posted:

Joke's on them, everyone knows we can't do math or handle money or balance a checkbook*!

*because no one loving uses checkbooks anymore

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

quote:

90% of you women really need to get out of their own way when it comes to finding a guy. You want a man who cares, but you constantly drop the men who truly care or you leave them in your friend zone, to use. All the while throwing yourselves at womanizing over egotistical "men" who treat you like poo poo. And you wonder why you "cant find the right guy", im on a dating site, I know these things. Hahahahaha

I told him he sounded like a "nice guy" and what he said wasn't cool, so he called me a Nazi.

This guy.

Upon finding me through a mutual friend, he also asked if I was "still married" *wink wink.* When I told him yes, and happily, the conversation abruptly stopped. What a catch!

Edit: I asked him if he owned a fedora, he said he does. Grandma gave it to him.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 05:34 on Sep 6, 2013

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Minchin Dupree posted:

Fresh off the press:

Popular Mechanics debunked the Pentagon claim. Popular Mechanics.

It really show how far down the rabbit hole goes :tinfoil:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

AlliedBiscuit's aunt posted:

4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc.
DON'T DO THIS!) The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head,
and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR ,
LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE..

Murder Hats posted:

From what I've seen most of the pictures on that TV show's page have numerous people commenting on it with their phone numbers. Even the pictures that are blatant ads.

I'm not sure I understand what's going on here. Do people think that Billie Piper is running that page and will call them?

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Tiggum posted:

I'm not sure I understand what's going on here. Do people think that Billie Piper is running that page and will call them?

You got it, that is exactly what's happening.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Minchin Dupree posted:

Fresh off the press:

He's correct, the towers wouldn't fall without some extreme manipulation.

Which is why they flew a plane into them.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Wall o' text below for the birther conspiracy theory of birther conspiracy theories.

quote:

Where are the old Obama girlfriends?? Think about this and see if there's anything here you don't believe.

I hadn't thought about this - but where are Obama's past girlfriends, surely he had at least one? No past girl friends popping up anywhere?

Strange - strange to the point of being downright weird!

OK, this is just plain old common sense, no political agendas for either side. Just common knowledge for citizens of a country, especially American citizens, who know every little tidbit about every other president (and their wives) that even know that Andrew Jackson's wife smoked a corn cob pipe and was accused of adultery, or that Lincoln never went to school or Kennedy wore a back brace, or Truman played the piano.

We are Americans! Our media vets these things out! We are known for our humanitarian interests and caring for our 'fellow man.' We care, but none of us know one single
humanizing fact about the history of our own president.

Honestly, and this is a personal thing... but it's bugged me for years that no one who ever dated him ever showed up. Taken his charisma, which caused the women to be drawn to him so obviously during his campaign, looks like some lady would not have missed the opportunity. We all know about JFK's magnetism, McCain was no monk; Palin's courtship and even her athletic prowess were probed. Biden's aneurisms are no secret. Look at Cheney and Clinton - we all know about their heart problems. How could I have left out Wild Bill before or during the White House?

Nope... not one lady has stepped up and said, "He was soooo shy," or "What a great dancer!" Now look at the rest of what we know... no classmates, not even the recorder for the Columbia class notes ever heard of him. Who was the best man at his wedding? Start there. Check for groomsmen. Then get the footage of the graduation ceremony.

Has anyone talked to the professors? Isn't it odd that no one is bragging that they knew him or taught him or lived with him?

When did he meet Michele and how? Are there photos?

Every president provides the public with all their photos,etc. for their library. What has he released? Nada - other than what was in this so-called biography! And experts who study writing styles etc. claim it was not O's own words or typical of his speech patterns, etc.

Does this make any of you wonder? Ever wonder why no one ever came forward from Obama's past, saying they knew him, attended school with him, were his friend, etc? Not one person has ever come forward from his past.

This should really be a cause for great concern. Did you see the movie titled, The Manchurian Candidate?

Let's face it. As insignificant as we all are, someone whom we went to school with remembers our name or face... someone remembers we were the clown or the dork or the brain or the quiet one or the bully or something about us.

George Stephanopoulos, ABC News said the same thing
during the 2008 campaign. Even George questions why no one has acknowledged that the president was in his or her classroom or ate in the same cafeteria or made impromptu speeches on campus. Stephanopoulos was a classmate of Obama at Columbia-class of 1984. He says he never had a single class with him. Since he is such a great orator, why doesn't anyone in Obama's college class remember him? And, why won't he allow Columbia to release his records? Do you like millions of others; simply assume all this is explainable - even though no one can?

NOBODY REMEMBERS OBAMA AT COLUMBIA

Looking for evidence of Obama's past, Fox News contacted 400 Columbia University students from the period when Obama claims to have been there, but not one remembers him. For example, Wayne Allyn Root was (like Obama) a political science major at Columbia, who graduated in 1983. In 2008, Root says of Obama, "I don't know a single person at Columbia that knew him, and they all know me. I don't have a single classmate who ever knew Barack Obama at Columbia .. EVER!
Nobody recalls him.
Root adds that he was, "Class of '83 political science, pre-law" and says, "You don't get more exact or closer than that.. Never met him in my life, don't know anyone who ever met him."

At our 20th class reunion five years ago, who was asked to be the speaker of the class? Me. No one ever heard of Barack! And five years ago, nobody even knew who he was. The guy who writes the class notes, who's kind of the, as we say in New York , 'the macha' who knows everybody, has yet to find a person, a human who ever
met him."

Obama's photograph does not appear in the school's yearbook, and Obama consistently declines requests to talk about his years at Columbia , provide school records, or provide the name of any former classmates or friends while at Columbia ..

How can this be?

NOTE: Wayne Allyn Root can easily be verified. He graduated valedictorian from his high school, Thornton-Donovan School , then graduated from Columbia University in 1983 as a Political Science major in the same '83 class in which Barack Hussein Obama states he was.

Some other interesting questions.

Why was Obama's law license inactivated in 2002?

Why was Michelle's law license inactivated by court order?
According to the U.S. Census, there is only one Barack
Obama - but 27 Social Security numbers and over 80 aliases..

WHAT!?

The Social Security number he uses now originated in
Connecticut where he is never reported to have lived.

No wonder all his records are sealed!

Please continue sending this out to everyone. Somewhere, someone had to know him in school... before he "reorganized" Chicago and burst upon the scene at the 2004 Democratic Convention and made us swoon with his charm, poise, and speaking pizzazz.

One of the biggest CONS this country has ever seen, and getting away with it. This is scary on many levels!

An addendum:

quote:

Let me quote Dr. Edwin Vieira, who wrote about this back in December 2008 before Obama was “sworn” into office:
If Obama is not “a natural born Citizen” or has renounced such citizenship, he is simply not eligible for “the Office of President” (Article II, Section 1, Clause 4). That being so, he cannot be “elected” by the voters, by the Electoral College, or by the House of Representatives (see Amendment XII). For neither the voters, nor the Electors, nor members of the House can change the constitutional requirement, even by unanimous vote inter sese (see Article V). If, nonetheless, the voters, the Electors, or the members of the House purport to “elect” Obama, he will be nothing but a usurper, because the Constitution defines him as such. And he can never become anything else, because a usurper cannot gain legitimacy if even all of the country aid, abets, accedes to, or acquiesces in his usurpation.
If Obama dares to take the Presidential “Oath or Affirmation” of office, knowing that he is not “a natural born Citizen,” he will commit the crime of perjury or false swearing (see Article II, Section 1, Clause 7). For, being ineligible for “the Office of President,” he cannot “faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States,” or even execute it at all, to any degree. Thus, his very act of taking the “Oath or Affirmation” will be a violation thereof! So, even if the chief justice of the Supreme Court himself looks the other way and administers the “Oath or Affirmation,” Obama will derive no authority whatsoever from it.
Third, his purported “Oath or Affirmation” being perjured from the beginning, Obama’s every subsequent act in the usurped “Office of President” will be a criminal offense under Title 18, United States Code, Section 242.
If Obama does become an usurper posturing as “the President,” Congress cannot even impeach him because, not being the actual President, he cannot be “removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors” (see Article II, Section 4).
For those who think Dr. Vieira Jr., Ph.D., J.D., is just some run-of-the-mill attorney, let me give you a very condensed bio: He holds four degrees from Harvard. For more than 30 years he has practiced law, with emphasis on constitutional issues. In the Supreme Court of the United States, he successfully argued or briefed the cases leading to the landmark decisions Abood v. Detroit Board of Education, Chicago Teachers Union v. Hudson and Communications Workers of America v. Beck. His two volume tome, “Pieces of Eight: The Monetary Powers and Disabilities of the United States Constitution,” is the most comprehensive study in existence of American monetary law and history viewed from a constitutional perspective.

Despite all the noise out there by Obama’s supporters, it is crystal clear the putative president was born with dual citizenship and is forever ineligible to be president.
Obama seized the office of president through fraud. As a usurper, he’s never held office. That’s what the word usurp means: to seize and hold (a position, office, power, etc.) by force or without legal right. Since he legally has never occupied the White House as president, he cannot be impeached.

Now, when I have pointed this out countless times to groups demanding impeachment, I get this response: I don’t care – we just have to get him out.

Those are people who proudly proclaim they only want to see the U.S. Constitution upheld. Those are people who state unequivocally that the usurper was never eligible to run because he’s not a natural born citizen under the U.S. Constitution.

You can’t have it both ways. In essence, what those folks are saying is we can do the same thing as Obama and his coconspirators: circumvent the Constitution.

But, the usurper has committed crimes while in office! Indeed, he has and continues to do so. Knowing he was not eligible to run, the putative president solicited campaign donations to the tune of about $700 million dollars. He can still be indicted for wire fraud.
Those who demand his impeachment are asking to set one of the worst legal precedents in our history: Any constitutionally ineligible thug can come along and buy his way into the White House. We’ll just impeach him later!

To impeach would also accomplish this: Every piece of legislation he’s signed into law would remain on the books. Let me quote Dr. Vieira one more time:
“Perhaps most importantly, Congress can pass no law while an usurper pretends to occupy “the Office of President.” The Constitution provides that “[e]very Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States” (Article I, Section 7, Clause 2). Not to a usurper posturing as “the President of the United States,” but to the true and rightful President. If no such true and rightful President occupies the White House, no “Bill” will or can, “before it become a Law, be presented to [him].” If no “Bill” is so presented, no “Bill” will or can become a “Law.” And any purported “Law” that the usurper “approve[s]” and “sign[s],” or that Congress passes over the usurper’s “Objections,” will be a nullity. Thus, if Obama deceitfully “enters office” as an usurper, Congress will be rendered effectively impotent for as long as it acquiesces in his pretenses as “President.”
Besides removing a usurper from office, that should be our second-highest consideration and why the outlaw Congress hasn’t moved against him. All 535 of them allowed this to happen, and now it’s gone so far; they don’t have the courage to take on the mess they’ve made.

The usurper can be indicted once out of office, but how to get him out? Please take the time to read my column on that process. Will he ever be indicted for his crimes? With enough public pressure, it can happen because his handlers would simply throw him under the bus as a liability.

There will be a massive push to keep the putative president off the ballot in dozens of states. It will come from candidates who understand the process discussed in my column above. Mark my words, what’s coming will be a nightmare for the DNC and Obama’s handlers. Time is running out for them to find another viable candidate; something will have to give. One way or the other, Obama’s crimes are going to catch up with him, but please stop working toward setting the wrong legal precedent. It’s beyond frustrating, I know, but either we live our words in supporting the U.S. Constitution or we take the wrong road opening the door for another ineligible candidate with enough money and corrupt individuals behind him to seize the office of president.** I thought this lady's comment was so good and knew you guys would appreciate it as well! Enjoy!

And, finally the comments:

I particularly like that the one friend thinks this is the "most intelligent sounding argument" he has ever heard from this person.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Minchin Dupree posted:

Fresh off the press:

Stocks hit an all-time high on american airlines a few days before, so obviously somebody was buying up stocks using their prior knowledge that... a disaster would soon plunge the stock prices into the ground. Buy high, sell low, it's all pure conspiratorial profit!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Blind Pineapple posted:

I particularly like that the one friend thinks this is the "most intelligent sounding argument" he has ever heard from this person.

The best one is the first comment, in which we're told of:
-Obama's homosexuality
-Michelle's TRUE GENDER
-The fact that their children are all actors

No word on whether the dog is his own dog, or an acting dog playing a part, or maybe a super-realistic robot dog.

Also apparently cheating the entire US electoral system and becoming president in two consecutive terms on false papers is a pretty easy task according to these folks.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Blind Pineapple posted:

We are Americans! Our media vets these things out! We are known for our humanitarian interests and caring for our 'fellow man.'

This is my favorite part. Someone who, presumably, votes Republican and gives a poo poo about Obama's past girlfriends cares for their fellow man.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Praseodymi posted:

This is my favorite part. Someone who, presumably, votes Republican and gives a poo poo about Obama's past girlfriends cares for their fellow man.

Well someone's gotta lose. :smuggo:

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Blind Pineapple posted:

To be fair, it probably is the most intelligent thing this person has ever said.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Tardcore posted:

You got it, that is exactly what's happening.

So they don't even know what a call girl is? They're not named that because they call people on the phone.

Excavation
May 18, 2004

FEED ME CRAYONS

Blind Pineapple posted:

Wall o' text below for the birther conspiracy theory of birther conspiracy theories.

The best rebuttal to anyone who thinks Obama was manufactured by Mitsubishi and programmed by Khaled Mardam-Bey is CHOOM GANG

But then they'd be asking for his CHOOM GANG certificate I guess.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Excavation posted:

The best rebuttal to anyone who thinks Obama was manufactured by Mitsubishi and programmed by Khaled Mardam-Bey is CHOOM GANG

But then they'd be asking for his CHOOM GANG certificate I guess.

If Khaled had programmed Obama, we would've had to wait a couple minutes and press "continue" after his inauguration speech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Stocks hit an all-time high on american airlines a few days before, so obviously somebody was buying up stocks using their prior knowledge that... a disaster would soon plunge the stock prices into the ground. Buy high, sell low, it's all pure conspiratorial profit!

Well, if you shorted AA stock at that time, you probably became rich the instant trading resumed after 9/11.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_(finance)

• Locked thread