Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on taking lessons from Tony Blair – Michael Gove and William Hague take a leaf out of the former prime minister's school book" Also Teenagers have to keep studying English and maths

Telegraph:

Football player transfer deadline day.

Independent:

Mail:
"Gareth Bale the Tottenham footballer has been sold to Real Madrid for £85 Million"

quote:

Allow his free flowing style to develop? Are you mad? He cost us £85 Million!”

Express:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

I didn't know Brown was a republican. I seriously wonder why he carries that degree of vitriol against Obama. He's goofing off and destroying the very concept of American military victory at the same time. He's slavering so hard his face is about to fall off.
e:the fox is Obama's tie

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

I didn't know Brown was a republican. I seriously wonder why he carries that degree of vitriol against Obama. He's goofing off and destroying the very concept of American military victory at the same time. He's slavering so hard his face is about to fall off.
e:the fox is Obama's tie

Brown isn't a republican, being critical of Obama doesn't mean you're the other side. Rowson and Bell do it all the time! :v:

Have one of Brown's classics! :3:

Fluo fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Sep 3, 2013

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Ahh, the good ol' Clutch Cargo.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

...that's really good.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

SedanChair posted:

...that's really good.
It's actually cogent for once. Maybe the break did him good?

(...Well, apart from the two distant figures commenting on something they can't possibly observe, but eh.)

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
His tie is a fox's tail

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

ClownSyndrome posted:

His tie is a fox's tail

There's an eagle on the flag

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Barack Obama's Syria strategy – US president aims to strike at Assad regime's overall military capacity"

Telegraph:

A new series of Strictly Come Dancing (known in other countries as Dancing With The Stars) is about to begin.

Independent:

Lobbying bill sinister and partisan, says Labour

Mail:
"Schools are said to be at bursting point with overflowing classes"

quote:

“The Government has got rid of the chickens. Welcome to our new primary school.”

Express:

Tony Jacklin on Wikipedia.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
That indy cartoon :psypop:.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Vladimir Putin and Syria – The G20 summit in Russia is set to be dominated by the Middle East crisis"

Telegraph:

GMB cuts funds it gives Labour from £1.2m to £150,000

Independent:

Express:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I was impressed with his Miliband and Ken Clarke there until I read the text. Nice crotch detail

How often does Rowson put in some work? Is he on a break at the moment?

e: thanks for all the updates Cloud P! You deserve a cat pic as a reward

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 5, 2013

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

baka kaba posted:

How often does Rowson put in some work? Is he on a break at the moment?

According to his Twitter, he's off for a week. Thank you for the cat drawing! :3:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Cute cat butt Putin drawing! :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkraDd8tcJA

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

Aren't the Tories still increasing the deficit even with all their noises about reducing it, as well as Labour reducing it from the previous Tory incumbents up until 2008, why let reality get in the way.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Yes but you see the current narrative is that Labour destroyed the economy by borrowing irresponsibly, introducing reams of red tape and giving the public sector 800% pay rises.

Can't let things like facts get in the way of that. You can prove anything with facts.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Is it true that Labour reduced the deficit from Major? And how much of that can be put down to the magic of PFI?

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

Is it true that Labour reduced the deficit from Major? And how much of that can be put down to the magic of PFI?

Probably a very lot (but PFI was a Major invention wasn't it).

The simple fact is, the global financial meltdown caused the deficit to go ballistic, and that was set up by Our Lord God Thatcher.

Betjeman fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 5, 2013

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
The deficit was already declining when Blair took over, as the post-Black Wednesday business optimism encouraged investment by businesses into the economy. The deficit began to increase again in the mid-2000s as investment in the economy by businesses started to decline again. These two graphs illustrate the issue pretty well:

Labour tried to counter the dearth of new investment in the economy by spending large amounts of money in the public sector which created the ever growing deficit in the public sector, illustrated here:

The question now is how to get the huge corporate profits of the 2000s invested into the economy.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

cloudchamber posted:

The question now is how to get the huge corporate profits of the 2000s invested into the economy.

I think we all know the answer to that, and it sure doesn't involve simultaneously cutting the deficit and lowering taxes on those who have that wealth

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Iain Duncan Smith and universal credit – Work and pensions secretary publicly blames civil servants after release of scathing report"

Telegraph:

Divided G20 discusses Syria crisis in St Petersburg

Independent:

Mail:
"The UK Border Control agency is reported to be in complete disarray."

quote:

“Well that’s honest. A bottle of whiskey and some cigarettes….Okay, through you go.”

Express:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
"The UK Border Control agency is reported to be in complete disarray."

drat Muslims and their grain silos. Coming over here, storing our wheat!

Is it me or is the Indy guy displaying some serious body horror tendencies? Caricature is one thing, some of this stuff is looking like H R Giger

hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.

baka kaba posted:

Is it me or is the Indy guy displaying some serious body horror tendencies? Caricature is one thing, some of this stuff is looking like H R Giger

I'm pretty sure that Putin actually does have a pharyngeal jaw that he uses to lobotomise his political opponents.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

And worst of all, OUR PRINCESS is being played by Vladimir Putin.

There I just made the comic five hundred percent better.

go_banana
Oct 13, 2010
Requesting a poster. Around a year or so ago I came across a political poster from the UK that had an image of a boot and written on the poster was something along the lines of 'stomp a tory / fascist. It looked somewhat old. Does anybody have a copy of this poster online?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The Diana film has been utterly panned by every newspaper except...

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I've not seen it, who plays the SAS death squad?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Anglo-Russian relations - In the runup to the G20 in St Petersburg, a Russian spokesman described Britain as 'a small island that no one pays attention to'"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Alfred Elmore.

Mail:
"Samsung have brought out a new Smart Watch which does practically everything a mobile phone does."

quote:

“The time, Madam? Certainly. But first the weather followed by Beethoven’s fifth symphony…..”

Stephen Collins:

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Took me a minute or two to notice the eyes on 'Rack'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"UN stalemate over Syria - Chris Riddell's on Russia's obdurate blocking of attacks on the Assad regime"

Sunday Telegraph:

Man arrested in Buckingham Palace 'after scaling fence' But why is he carrying swag into the palace??

Independent on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Ed Miliband and the TUC – Labour leader vows to press ahead with reforms despite Unite being cleared of allegations of vote-rigging"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Sarah Teather to stand down as Lib Dem MP at 2015 election

Express:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

LSD by the looks of it

Is that Blair hugging the pony?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

This one is kind of funny. Poorly drawn and SWAG etc, but I think the joke itself isn't too bad! Can you see Big Ben from Buckingham Palace?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

baka kaba posted:

LSD by the looks of it

Is that Blair hugging the pony?

By the looks of it, yes.

Also Britannia Dave in the background.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
It's a testament to Rowson's artisic skill that he's drawn a horse that looks like a horse but also like Len McCluskey, who doesn't look especially horsey.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Stottie Kyek posted:

It's a testament to Rowson's artisic skill that he's drawn a horse that looks like a horse but also like Len McCluskey, who doesn't look especially horsey.

It really boggles my mind how he does it sometimes!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on George Osborne and the economy - 'Those in favour of a plan B have lost the argument,' the chancellor said in a speech in east London on Monday"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Mail:
"Police have apologised to Prince Andrew after challenging him to identify himself when taking a stroll in the grounds of Buckingham Palace."

quote:

“One is walking one’s dogs in one’s garden….any other questions?”

Express:

:ducksiren:Duck drinks beer. :ducksiren:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on George Osborne and the economy - 'Those in favour of a plan B have lost the argument,' the chancellor said in a speech in east London on Monday"

:ducksiren:Duck drinks beer. :ducksiren:

:tinsley:

Also Steve Bell's today is really good! :3:

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?

More animal booze news yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Wait, Ziggy's duck died of drink, should this be encouraged?

• Locked thread