Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Thurin posted:

Oh dear. I thought it was 18000x my cookie production (500m c/s). Then using that as a seed I can start working on snickerdoodles and such.

Oh, I misundrstood you and thought you were talking about upgrades. Yes, you only need cca 10 trillion for best Lucky cookies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Haha holy poo poo, I just got a Clicking Frenzy while under the regular Frenzy. 23 billion cookies per click, sure why not.

Getting Lucky would have done a lot more for me but adding two trillion to my hand-made cookies is still pretty cool.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Thurin posted:

Oh dear. I thought it was 18000x my cookie production (500m c/s). Then using that as a seed I can start working on snickerdoodles and such.

It is, I think the other poster is confused and is telling you how much you have to save up for the last 3 cookie types.

edit: beaten

wei
Jul 27, 2006

Instant Grat posted:

You're forgetting that the covenant also reduces any bonuses you get from golden cookies by 5%.

Yup. If you're making 1.2e13 without the covenant from a frenzied lucky, only one more than covers the cost of a pledge (~5.6e11?). 5% of 1.2e13 is 6e11.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

wei posted:

Yup. If you're making 1.2e13 without the covenant from a frenzied lucky, only one more than covers the cost of a pledge (~5.6e11?). 5% of 1.2e13 is 6e11.

I don't understand this but I'm clicking cookies like crazy and my grandmas love it

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

gently caress what do I click

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Is... is that a trick question?

You click some loving cookies.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

LAY-ZX posted:

I think you should click the cookie.

Go take a nap. When you wake up, buy things. Problem solved!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Go take a nap. When you wake up, buy things. Problem solved!

At this point it's more like "Go hibernate".

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I have 200 cursors. Should I get Quintillion or Get Lucky?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Tornado Lazers posted:

I have 200 cursors. Should I get Quintillion or Get Lucky?

Quintillion, then Lucky, then an Elder Pledge and then UNTOLD RICHES

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

How likely is it to get a golden cookie while under the effects of another cookie for the huge bonus?

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

OneTwentySix posted:

How likely is it to get a golden cookie while under the effects of another cookie for the huge bonus?

If you're only getting golden cookies, then the likelihood of getting Frenzy>Lucky is pretty high. There's only a 1/5 chance that you can get the same result twice, and since frenzy and lucky are the two most common results the chances are good. You need to have all three golden cookie upgrades though.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Just started playing. What the hell are the "pledges" you guys are talking about and how do I get them?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Speedball posted:

Just started playing. What the hell are the "pledges" you guys are talking about and how do I get them?

Just buy lots of grandmas and grandma upgrades and all will be made clear

NightConqueror
Oct 5, 2006
im in ur base killin ur mans
Here's what happens when you accidentally delete your cookies - literally.

RIP 500,000,000,000 cps. I am actually semi-upset about this. What has cookie clicker done to me?!

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
And that's why the Export Save option exists.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
I'm going to reset my 1 Billion+ cps for the shadow achievements :negative:

It's all that's left, Reset with a trillion, no clicks, and the cheated cookies. I can't get the cheated cookies to come up though? I've given myself several hundred trillion to no avail.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Hey guys I'm at 1.5 quadrillion banked and I can't just let the tab close. The cookies must flow.
~Help me.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

goddamn this is addictive as gently caress

only at 7 million cps :negative:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So if you do a reset, I think from what I noticed, the most efficient way to cookie up is to save up for each new tier as soon as you can. Get one grandma, save up for a farm, get farm, save up for factory...

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Get ready for dungeons, less than a week left.
Other things of note, spoilered in case you want it to be a surprise:

You only have to do a dungeon once, then it's automatic. Unless you want to be more efficient and do runs yourself.
Some future update stuff. Some Halloween update for grandmapocalypse. Each building will get something 'unique'.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I'm never getting a Cookie Chain past the 666 million :(

Hell, earlier I had a cookie chain end at 66k, god drat grandmas... And they're not giving me any 666x Elder Frenzies either!

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

NightConqueror posted:

Here's what happens when you accidentally delete your cookies - literally.

RIP 500,000,000,000 cps. I am actually semi-upset about this. What has cookie clicker done to me?!

It's like a blank hole of nothing that's just looking back at me demanding to be filled... filled with cookies. I hope he makes a global stats page, which tells us how many cookies have been reset.

Hardtarget
Mar 28, 2010

Rolls on Shabbos
FINALLY
started the game today and it took until after I was making 1k cps until I finally noticed a stupid golden cookie

God I need to be on the lookout for those more because holy cow.

(also the site was down so I didn't realize I was playing the old experimental version about a few hours at first... I got so far into it, what a waste)

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

nimby posted:

I'm never getting a Cookie Chain past the 666 million :(

Hell, earlier I had a cookie chain end at 66k, god drat grandmas... And they're not giving me any 666x Elder Frenzies either!
Maybe I'm seeing patterns where patterns don't exist, but I swear they've increased the failure chance on blood cookie chains. That, or I was really lucky to start with. Either way, once you get to a certain point, cookie chains just do not feel very rewarding anymore.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Tom Powers posted:

Maybe I'm seeing patterns where patterns don't exist, but I swear they've increased the failure chance on blood cookie chains. That, or I was really lucky to start with. Either way, once you get to a certain point, cookie chains just do not feel very rewarding anymore.

It is higher. The failure chance used to be 5% chance on each click if you were above 4 clicks (66% chance of a full chain) and now it's a 10% chance (43% chance of a full chain).

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost
It's not letting me purchase One Mind, even though I have plenty of cookies. Is there some sort of prereq, or is my game just b0rked?

Doctor Doodler
Feb 14, 2012
FE: Old version is poo poo, new version is the best.

SilverSliver
Nov 27, 2009

by elpintogrande

aas Bandit posted:

It's not letting me purchase One Mind, even though I have plenty of cookies. Is there some sort of prereq, or is my game just b0rked?

Have you refreshed your page lately? I didn't for two days and when I did BAM lots of things to upgrade with. It's going to take a min or 8 from their servers not handling us very well but keep refreshing and you'll get back in.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Rynex posted:

It's like a blank hole of nothing that's just looking back at me demanding to be filled... filled with cookies. I hope he makes a global stats page, which tells us how many cookies have been reset.

Put up a global timer showing how many hours have been used by all users combined. :unsmigghh:

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Slickdrac posted:

I'm going to reset my 1 Billion+ cps for the shadow achievements :negative:

It's all that's left, Reset with a trillion, no clicks, and the cheated cookies. I can't get the cheated cookies to come up though? I've given myself several hundred trillion to no avail.

I think you gotta use the Game.cookies=x; console command to make it happen (here 'x' is the number of cookies you'll have after executing the command). Or just go with the spirit of it and cheat in the achievement itself: Game.Win('Cheated cookies taste awful');

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I would pay 100,000,000,000,000 cookies for an upgrade that changed the tab icon in my browser to a gold cookie when one appears.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
So I have, for the time being, taken the Pledge, just to see where things went. The cascade is returned, the news is normal... but is it really? I know they are still there. Though appeased, did they really retreat from the world? Or are they just presenting a vision of normalcy to me? They keep saying "You could have stopped it," but aren't they the cause in the end?

This was just supposed to be some cookie baking. How could it have come to this? How can I know if a Pledge truly freed the world from madness, or if it's a lie?

FakeEdit: "gnaw" - grandma

"writhe" - grandma

It can't be. The world must still be ravaged by wrinkled flesh and cookie dough. The kittens... what have I done?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

aas Bandit posted:

Also check your popup blocker.

As for Pledge vs. Covenant vs. Wrath above a certain CpS and banked cookie amount, Blood cookies are more detrimental to your bottom line than the bonuses you might receive (said bounds are typically beyond where the final stop of the Blood Cookie chain gets off as 6 trillion becomes less and less useful). As for Pledge vs. Covenant, if you idle a lot, the Covenant is worth a lot than just rebuying the Covenant due to the permanent -5%. Anyways, the cost for Elder Pledges don't really surpass outright buying the Covenant (ignoring the penalty) until beyond your 20 or 21st (initial 10 + 11?) Pledge. Again, that penalty becomes more an more painful as time goes on given that once you hit the spot where staying in the good graces are desired, it shouldn't take more than a minute to raise the cookies to buy it.

Then there's the two new upgrades: Get Lucky and Sacrificial Rolling Pins. Sacrificial Rolling Pins don't seem quite worth it as I think it takes quite a while for it to save you money in the long run. Get Lucky, however, pays for itself much quicker and makes Blood Cookies even worse. Once you feel comfortable saving up the dough for it, buy it asap. Frenzying into a Lucky to net several trillion is never a bad feeling (however Clotting into a lucky will make you regretting not keeping up with your pledge)

weavernaut
Sep 12, 2007

i'm so glad to have made such an interesting new friend
Is there a script that auto-clicks golden cookies for me? Or does that count as cheating? :ohdear:

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

weavernaut posted:

Is there a script that auto-clicks golden cookies for me? Or does that count as cheating? :ohdear:

There was one posted a page or two back and it is definitely cheating. :colbert:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Colbear posted:

There was one posted a page or two back and it is definitely cheating. :colbert:

Some if us have bread to put on the table while we make cookies you know :colbert:

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
I consider it my clone doing my work when I have less important non cookie business to attend to :colbert:

I turn auto gold click off when sleeping though, that would be just outright cheating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

quote:

setInterval(function() { if ($('#goldenCookie').style.display != 'none') { $('#goldenCookie').click(); }}, 500);

I've been using this, some scripts will mutli-click golden cookies but this won't.

• Locked thread