Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

RatHat posted:

Why do the good scanlations for part 4 and 5 stop about 3/4ths of the way through? It's a real bummer.

The head person behind the rework on Vento Aureo was going through some serious health problems or something last I heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

It's gonna be the perfect gift.

On more JoJo news, the latest rankings for video game sales came out and All Star Battle sold over 425000 copies for the week. I can't imagine this isn't good news for the thought of more anime but I guess we'll have to wait and see since there doesn't seem to be a peep out of the studio.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Soulcleaver posted:

It's not even body-sized! Useless.

Body Pillows: USELESS

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

Robviously posted:

On more JoJo news, the latest rankings for video game sales came out and All Star Battle sold over 425000 copies for the week. I can't imagine this isn't good news for the thought of more anime but I guess we'll have to wait and see since there doesn't seem to be a peep out of the studio.

I also heard a rumor rolling around that Araki enjoyed the game. It'd be nice if that influenced him to giving more anime the go ahead.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

onepixeljumpman posted:

I also heard a rumor rolling around that Araki enjoyed the game. It'd be nice if that influenced him to giving more anime the go ahead.

Is Araki what's holding it up? I thought that the main issue was that the studio had already signed up to do Neptunia.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Here's what Araki has to say about ASB:

quote:

I don't play fighting games myself, so I can't comment on that aspect, but I think it's amazing how perfectly they were able to recreate everything. It's beautiful. Whenever people try and adapt Jojo they always want to use a bunch of different colors. But this game actually suppresses the colors and makes them refined/quiet. I think this is good, because it will keep players' eyes from getting tired. I think the more colors on the screen increases the exhaustion in one's eyes. I also think the cutting-edge CG technology they used did a great job of capturing the atmosphere.

The characters have been recreated so well, they may look cooler than they are in the manga. (LOL) There's a psychological level to the battles here. I like how they've made it something more than just a fighting game.

The town of Morio-cho appears in Parts 4 and 8, but they're in parallel worlds, so they aren't linked in time or space. The two Josukes would never meet each other normally. With this game, though, it becomes possible. At first I was bit taken aback. But then the bizarre nature to it all really got me interested. It's very entertaining. I would never allow something like this in the manga, but since this is a game, it's cool. Same thing with Jotaro fighting Dio Brando. The way the characters look is so different over the parts, though, that normally if you lined them all up they'd look very out of place with each other. But this game fixes all that, and I think that's one of its strengths.

Personally, I play a lot of horror action/adventure games. I like exploring a lot, not just fighting. I like puzzle games too. And I like sports and racing games too, as you might have figured from my inclusions of F-MEGA and Oh! That's a Baseball! in part 3. Lately games have been getting really "real." I still like cheap-looking games like F-MEGA.

Lately, though, I haven't really played any fighting games or shooting games. When I get excited during battles, my adrenalin pumps up. I want games to heal me. That's why I play horror games. Horror heals me. (LOL) Even in this game, the punch animations are just too fast for me. I'd rather watch them in slow motion.

I wish I had a technique that girls liked. (LOL) Or, I wish I could appear as a side character, who says "Do your best!" and offers up an energy drink or something.

People who started reading Jojo when they were young have now become adults and are contributing to this project. I'm really amazed. And moved that we can work together to let the next generation read Jojo. I was so surprised when I heard they were going to make an anime. For 20 years, I've thought about how unsuited Jojo was for TV. (LOL) It ended up being a lot bigger than I imagined it would. I'm so glad the fans enjoyed it.

People say my gallery showing in Florence was a success, but I don't have any strong feelings about that personally. But one thing I did notice is that whenever I go to Italy, I always hear people talking about Japanese manga. Dragon Ball, Naruto, and Yu Gi Oh are all very popular. And whenever people talk about Japanese manga they always talk about Japanese soccer. I suppose Captain Tsubasa has had a lot of influence over there. Whenever you mention Japan in Italy, it's either Naruto or Nagamoto (soccer player).

I listen to country and Western music a lot. It's like American "enka" music. I like the pure, "human" sound of the vocals.

As for movies, I mainly watch suspense and horror. Recently I saw "Life of Pi" and "Gangster Squad." They were very good. There look to be a lot of good horror movies coming out in 2013, including the Evil Dead remake, so I'm excited.

From here on out, in Jojolion, I plan to focus on the Higashikata family in more detail. But it won't be linked to Part 4 in any way. People keep asking me when Kishibe Rohan will appear, so let me answer that question: he won't. (LOL) That is absolutely set in stone. Another weird mangaka will appear, though.

Q. What is manga to you?

A. Like how food is a blessing from the sky and earth, I think manga is a blessing from society. I'm receiving ideas and inspiration from Japan.

Q. Who do you respect?

A. Many people... Shirato Sanpei and Fujiko Fujio I've respected since long ago. Recently, I've really thought about how amazing pro mangaka who came before me are. Like how they've polished themselves so much, how much work they were able to handle... it'd be impossible in the present day. They were always so pure about how they faced their work. They weren't drawing manga because they wanted to become someone great. they just wanted to draw. That's what's so amazing.

Q. What's the most important thing in the world to you?

A. A lot is important to me... hmm. The most important thing would be my breathing technique, I suppose. (LOL) If my breathing gets bad, my stomach starts to hurt. So every morning, I use a special breathing technique. I store up breath around my ribs. It trains my inner muscles and connects me with the universe. It's pretty deep.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So basically, he doesn't know much about fighters, so he can't judge the game on that part, he just thinks it's great they made everything look cool. Also, no Araki, Gangster Squad was not good.

quote:

Another weird mangaka will appear, though.

It's actually going to just be Araki this time.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Robviously posted:

Is Araki what's holding it up? I thought that the main issue was that the studio had already signed up to do Neptunia.

Yes, the studio is signed to do Neptunia, and then they'll probably go back to JoJo. Especially with the tease at the end of the last episode.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There's no way they wouldn't do Part 3 at least with it being the most popular arc. Anything after that would depend on how popular the anime is.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I want to see if they change their art style to match Araki's for every arc.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

quote:

Q. What's the most important thing in the world to you?

A. A lot is important to me... hmm. The most important thing would be my breathing technique, I suppose. (LOL) If my breathing gets bad, my stomach starts to hurt. So every morning, I use a special breathing technique. I store up breath around my ribs. It trains my inner muscles and connects me with the universe. It's pretty deep.

I knew it, he's a Ripple user.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is actually an autobiography, who knew?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Araki's just a vampire, I mean isn't it obvious.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

quote:

The town of Morio-cho appears in Parts 4 and 8, but they're in parallel worlds, so they aren't linked in time or space. The two Josukes would never meet each other normally. With this game, though, it becomes possible. At first I was bit taken aback. But then the bizarre nature to it all really got me interested. It's very entertaining. I would never allow something like this in the manga, but since this is a game, it's cool. Same thing with Jotaro fighting Dio Brando.
I would really like to see an official series of what-ifs and who-would-win Jojo stories.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Yardbomb posted:

He could just be a Ripple master. I mean, it does make you more youthful

Though Araki's aged better than even Joseph did, drat

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Robviously posted:

There's not really anything holding it up so much as there hasn't been anything confirming that they'll make it at all other than everyone going, "There's no way they won't make it because Part 3," any time it gets brought up. The JoJo's team within deavidprodution probably wants to make it with the Jotaro teaser, but they have to get the go ahead from everyone in the ownership chain from Shueisha to Araki. Shueisha and Luckyland will probably go for it since I always saw the blu-rays doing well, though I can't speak for all the other product placement. If Araki liked the game, especially because he specifically liked the way it treated the style, then hopefully that means he'll feel good about how his work is being used by others and will want the anime to keep going.

I'm putting that on the game because I never saw anything about how he felt about the anime. For all I know, he liked it a lot. If he did, you can probably bet on it being made eventually.

Yardbomb posted:

He's a ripple using vampire. It works for him because he's just better than Straights was.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

onepixeljumpman posted:

He's a ripple using vampire.

So what you're saying, onepixeljumpman, is that Hirohiko Araki... is the Ultimate Being?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Sex_Ferguson posted:

So what you're saying, onepixeljumpman, is that Hirohiko Araki... is the Ultimate Being?

Little did we know that all the art has been hand drawn by squirrels this whole time....

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Robviously posted:

Little did we know that all the art has been hand drawn by squirrels this whole time....

Of course - the softest hands of all.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I'm not saying anything. I'm just saying the man spends a lot of time in Italy, and sometimes... "things happen."

e: Oh, for everyone who's got the game already, they're giving us Fugo for free on the 12th.

onepixeljumpman fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Sep 5, 2013

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Tobaccrow posted:

I would really like to see an official series of what-ifs and who-would-win Jojo stories.

I just want goofy stuff, like young Joseph with Hermit Purple or Pucci trying to recruit Giorno to fight Jolyne.

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006

HitTheTargets posted:

I just want goofy stuff, like young Joseph with Hermit Purple or Pucci trying to recruit Giorno to fight Jolyne.

Somewhere, there should be a story about Giorno going to Miami to see Universal Studios or something and just completely missing out on this whole "Stone Ocean" business.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Tobaccrow posted:

I've always kind of wondered what would happen if Dio had used the Stone Mask on Jonathan without testing it first.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Good news for everyone playing ASB: Fugo will be free, infinites will be patched, and campaign recharge time will be reduced to 5 minutes.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...-released-free/

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

NovaPolice posted:

Somewhere, there should be a story about Giorno going to Miami to see Universal Studios or something and just completely missing out on this whole "Stone Ocean" business.

I would totally understand read a version of stone ocean where Green Dolphin Street is replaced by Disney. Dress Pucci up in a Mickey Mouse costume as he strives for Walt Dio's perfect world.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

NovaPolice posted:

Giorno had more important things to do man, Disneyland called out to him. :buddy:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

Giorno had more important things to do man, Disneyland called out to him. :buddy:

"Hey, I think your ride's broken! This thing's going way too fast!"

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Knowing Giorno, he was probably busy at Knott's Berry Farm.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Good news for everyone playing ASB: Fugo will be free, infinites will be patched, and campaign recharge time will be reduced to 5 minutes.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...-released-free/

Thank god. I'm so glad I read that right about campaign. It's been such a bitch with 20 minute charges. I've also heard its only for this promotional weekend, but I'm really hoping its permanent.

I also like the idea that Giorno wanted to go to Florida, but he couldn't get away because mob business, so he just declared it Passione Appreciation Week and took the whole syndicate to Disney World as a pretense for it. Then he just got distracted and forgot why he came.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Maremidon posted:

I've always kind of wondered what would happen if Dio had used the Stone Mask on Jonathan without testing it first.

He'd be alive for one.

EDIT: Also, nthing Giorno at Disney World, he'd be a fan of Splash Mountain, I'm sure.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So is it ever explained who it was in Part 4 that saved Josuke as a child and inspired his hairstyle? I figured it was going to be some time travel shenanigans and have it be Josuke himself but Araki seems to have forgotten all about that plot point.

I've only read partway through Part 5 though, so maybe it gets explained further on.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It was a dude. There's really nothing more to it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
He looked exactly like Josuke though, was even wearing a school uniform.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Nope, it was just a dude. I kinda like it better that way of it being just a mysterious helpful stranger who saved Josuke's life rather than time travel shenanigans.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

RatHat posted:

He looked exactly like Josuke though, was even wearing a school uniform.

Well yeah, only delinquent high school kids wore their hair like that in Japan.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

RatHat posted:

So is it ever explained who it was in Part 4 that saved Josuke as a child and inspired his hairstyle? I figured it was going to be some time travel shenanigans and have it be Josuke himself but Araki seems to have forgotten all about that plot point.

I've only read partway through Part 5 though, so maybe it gets explained further on.

Everyone who reads it assumes that it's time travel at first, but it's just a random guy. A pretty clever twist, in a way.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

I think we've made the gag before that Part 9 will have a dimension hopping, time traveling JoJo who goes back to that day and tries to blend in by adopting what he thinks is the local fashion. Then he ends up saving a sick baby in the snow. Then he time warps to 1989 Egypt and has to sell his school uniform and an extra he picked up to a street vendor to get by.

It'll be called "JoJo's Part 9: Battle of Steel Lions in the Stardust Ocean of Golden Diamonds."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Regarding Giorno at Disney, at the time, there was no Mickey! That poo poo ain't Disney! It ain't Disney at all!

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

onepixeljumpman posted:

I think we've made the gag before that Part 9 will have a dimension hopping, time traveling JoJo who goes back to that day and tries to blend in by adopting what he thinks is the local fashion. Then he ends up saving a sick baby in the snow. Then he time warps to 1989 Egypt and has to sell his school uniform and an extra he picked up to a street vendor to get by.

It'll be called "JoJo's Part 9: Battle of Steel Lions in the Stardust Ocean of Golden Diamonds."

At some point he travels to 2011 Florida and gives a group of Italian tourists the wrong directions to Disney World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

onepixeljumpman posted:

And then he travels to the 19th century and settles down, changing his last name to Joestar after his ancestor.

• Locked thread