Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Yeah, I wanted to post those earlier, but where GoHS is going right now looks loving awesome. Maybe kissmanga is behind because these have been out for a while. Also, you missed one,

http://www.mangapanda.com/the-god-of-high-school/123

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Don't worry about understanding what is going in God of High School 124, just enjoy it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I swear, that series has charged off so far into crazytown I think it's coming up on the food in Toriko.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Shugojin posted:

I swear, that series has charged off so far into crazytown I think it's coming up on the food in Toriko.

Reminder that the very first chapter had This.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Man, I think right now some manhwa series compete for my favorite series ever. I feel like korean artists just know how to do drama better.

I've seen you guys recommended some Ha Il Kwon series here but the dude is seriously a goldmine. I'm yet to read one of his webcomics that I don't like. Besides Annasunmanara, this one is my favorite of his:

3 Level Combination ( http://kissmanga.com/Manga/3-Level-Combination )

It's about a bullied kid that gets a robotic desk mate and starts changing his outlook in life. So does the robot. The art style and colors are pretty good. It's finished already.

Afterschool Military Activity ( http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Afterschool-Military-Activity )

It's about high school kids being conscripted and trained for combat due to a mysterious alien lifeform invasion. It focuses more on the students interaction than on the invasion itself. It's ongoing.

This next one is made by Wanan:

Welcome to room #305 ( http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Welcome-to-Room-305 )

It's about a naive and sort of intolerant kid that ends up getting a homosexual roommate. Although it is a comedy, it deals a lot with gender and sexual issues. I think the author intended for it to be something like a gender 101 for his readers. Of course, there is rampant homophobia (a lot of it coming from the main character), but there is a lot of character development. It takes a while to really get going and if you have a heart you will get pretty mad at the intolerance, but it eventually starts to go in some pretty interesting directions.

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!
Well this thread has ensured I won't have a lack of reading for a good while.

The Friendly winter

I went in expecting wacky shenanigans and heartwarming sences because of my friend and I left with depression.

A simple tale about a 17 year old boy who is mentally a 7 year old and a 20 some girl who is physically 7 due to a growth disorder, her father who cannot handle money in any form and the horrors of life that come with all these.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

"I left with depression" pretty much sums up 1/2 to 2/3 of Korean media. Except you keep on going back because of how damned good the stories were.

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!
I'm aware of that now, but now I am too deep in to escape, hell girls the wilds seems gearing up for another bout of making people sad.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

I went in expecting wacky shenanigans and heartwarming sences because of my friend and I left with depression.

But it ends on a bittersweet note

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

The Friendly winter

A simple tale about a 17 year old boy who is mentally a 7 year old and a 20 some girl who is physically 7 due to a growth disorder, her father who cannot handle money in any form and the horrors of life that come with all these.

Why do the loving koreans keep doing this to me? What did I ever do to Korea :argh:

Thankfully, this is nowhere close to Can't see can't hear territory, but it's still pretty raw. I need a goddamn drink.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

The Friendly winter

Oh man, that was great! Thank god it ended on a positive note.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

The Friendly winter

Wow, that was really good. ENDING SPOILERS:I'm so glad that Da-Jeong was able to make up with her mother and find such great friends in Min-Seong, her little half-sister and her former(?) crush from the art school. It's also really great to see her starting a successful business and refusing to let her condition hold her back. :unsmith:

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!
It was a fantastic story but going in with this as my frist manhwa not knowing all Korea does is depression and getting to the scene where Da-Jeong's mother tells that yes she was leaving because of her hit me hard Also the puppy the met, that scene made me go hug somebody god damnit

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

It was a fantastic story but going in with this as my frist manhwa not knowing all Korea does is depression and getting to the scene where Da-Jeong's mother tells that yes she was leaving because of her hit me hard Also the puppy the met, that scene made me go hug somebody god damnit

Please do yourself a favour and don't read Can't see Can't hear But love. Really. I mean it. Don't.

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!
It's too late I've already started

God drat does this have an uplifting ending? Please?

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

You. Are. hosed.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
The uplifting ending is that once the manhwa ends, it can't ruin your day anymore.

Unless you choose to re-read the whole series.

Why would you?

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

Oh gods, you really need to read something like Girls of the Wilds (for :allears:), or Noblesse {for :black101:) or something like that pronto. You really need to be placed on suicide watch before doing a marathon of something like Cant See, Cant Hear, But Love.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 232 days!
Or Tower of God for some straight-up shonen action. And Mangator.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

So basically I should be really glad that I stopped reading Can't See Can't Hear some time ago because I couldn't remember to follow it?

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!

Tornhelm posted:

Oh gods, you really need to read something like Girls of the Wilds (for :allears:), or Noblesse {for :black101:) or something like that pronto. You really need to be placed on suicide watch before doing a marathon of something like Cant See, Cant Hear, But Love.

I've read both and am waiting for updates. All I have left on backlog is can't see, can't hear but love.

Somebody recommend something else please I need to know I won't be depressed before I start reading

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Have you checked out Breaker (and Breaker:New Waves) or City of Dead Sorcerer? I've picked up both and have enjoyed them, though the former is on break (but it'll end soon).

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

I've read both and am waiting for updates. All I have left on backlog is can't see, can't hear but love.

Somebody recommend something else please I need to know I won't be depressed before I start reading

Other emergency manwhas - Ability, The Breaker (New Waves), City of Dead Sorcerers, Dragon's Son Changsik, I Don't Want This Kind of Hero, Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School, The God of High School, Tower of God.

The most notable two to avoid now are Killer Stall or Veritas (the cancellation & rushed ending is secret Korean drama depression).

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Tornhelm posted:

Other emergency manwhas - Ability, The Breaker (New Waves), City of Dead Sorcerers, Dragon's Son Changsik, I Don't Want This Kind of Hero, Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School, The God of High School, Tower of God.

The most notable two to avoid now are Killer Stall or Veritas (the cancellation & rushed ending is secret Korean drama depression).

Why is Killer Stall to be avoided? I've read the first ~15 chapters and remember it being entertaining at least. I know it's been updated a bunch since then so I'm wondering if something happens.

Veritas will always be one of my guilty pleasure manwhas because it absolutely kicked rear end when it was still coming out.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Tornhelm posted:

And Space China Dress! That's a good happy funny Korean webcomic!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

DrSunshine posted:

And Space China Dress! That's a good happy funny Korean webcomic!

That will never get updated again.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 232 days!
So I read up to the latest Kubera, and I have this to say:

Vishnu? More like Bishnu.

(Although it is nowhere near Noblesse in that department).

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Cynic Jester posted:

September 13th is so far, far away. =(

It's not far, far away anymore, but the wait is killing me. Shioon going to prove that Korea is no country for (evil doctor) old men :black101:

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Cynic Jester posted:

It's not far, far away anymore, but the wait is killing me. Shioon going to prove that Korea is no country for (evil doctor) old men :black101:

Soon. At this point I'd even take the raws just to see what Shioon does.

By the way, are there other manhwas like Afterschool Military Activity? I should be more specific than that, but I'll give anything a try that might be in some way similar. Surprise me.

j4on
Jul 6, 2003
I fix computers to pick up chicks.

Blattdorf posted:

Soon. At this point I'd even take the raws just to see what Shioon does.

By the way, are there other manhwas like Afterschool Military Activity? I should be more specific than that, but I'll give anything a try that might be in some way similar. Surprise me.

Have you read the author's other works? 3 Level Combination, Annarasumanara, God of Bath? All great.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

j4on posted:

Have you read the author's other works? 3 Level Combination, Annarasumanara, God of Bath? All great.

Oh man, thanks for reminding me of God of Bath; I read some a while back but never finished it. All of that author's stuff is pretty amazing.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

New Breaker chapter is finally out and it is one of the most :black101: things I have seen in a long time.

:black101: "The Sunwoo never chooses defeat!" :black101:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Yo where the link at

http://www.mangapanda.com/the-breaker-new-waves/128

Goddamn :black101:

Nahxela fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Sep 13, 2013

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
That chapter has so many good panels in it. The looks on the faces of the henchmen is golden and that last page.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
It's a serious testament to the author(s?) that every battle basically ends with Shioon covered in his own blood and everyone making GBS threads their pants over his determination, and it's badass and entertaining every time.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
It's all I wanted and more :swoon:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Jesus Christ. That was... a chapter.

I have missed this comic.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
Shioon you crazy bastard! This has been a long 4 weeks, and it was worth every second. The Breaker might just be the best thing I am reading right now and that's honestly saying a lot!

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Adventures in crazyland, wooo! http://www.mangapanda.com/the-god-of-high-school/125

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Reiche posted:

Why is Killer Stall to be avoided? I've read the first ~15 chapters and remember it being entertaining at least. I know it's been updated a bunch since then so I'm wondering if something happens.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Killer Stall, its just got a Korean Drama twist towards the end which you really don't want to read right after The Friendly Winter or Can't See Cant Hear But Love.