Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Anyone knows what armor is this? I know where the helmet's from, but I don't recognize the body piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

It's a cloth chest piece from low levels. Don't know the exact name but search the ah for cloth armor. Also you can now inspect wardrobes of people.

Also Badfinger, good choice on rogue. It may not be able to tank heal, but it can put up some crazy raid hps with tactbard. Very fun to play.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Its a silk-tier something chest that can be crafted.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Did they fix the graphics glitches yet

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Of course not!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I don't get many glitches, I just wish they would work more on optimization. My computer may be dogshit, but it runs new games better than this almost 3 year old game.

Edit: Also, Squirrel mount incoming https://vine.co/v/hJv7diq01Zi

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 5, 2013

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Patron Subscriptions are on sale, if anyone's interested.

http://community.riftgame.com/en/2013/09/04/patron-subscription-sale/

"Patron subscriptions are on sale now at the Trion Worlds Account Center. You can get an entire year of game perks, items, boosts – plus extra currency and a RIFT Store discount – all for $99. Don’t miss this chance to get the most out of your time in Telara!"

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Machai posted:

^^^ The credits to purchase give you 4800 when purchased and would normally give you another 4800 when spent. If spent on a 30-day patron pass, they give you a 2200 spending bonus instead for a total of 4800 + 2200 = 7000 loyalty. If you are already a patron, you get a discount on store items so the pass is only 2160 credits so you get 7000-2*2160 = 2680 for spending the credits.

Thanks for the correction Machai, I was not aware they changed it :)

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Nope they just get worse and weirder every patch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtSr0teYMEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYT9zaeKaeY

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Daglar in shorts is not very appealing.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Hooray! Though I think that first one has been there since Storm Legion launched.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
New Warrior changes in 2.4:

Ailion posted:

Beastmaster

Calliope’s Beastmaster Crystal 4 piece bonus: Enemies affected by the Warrior's Messy Wounds take an additional 500 damage from the Warrior's Beastmaster attacks instead of all attacks. No longer increases the damage of procced attacks.

Brutal Strike: Now it deals an additional 30% damage per damage over time effect on the target, up to 150%.

Vicious Blow: Now it deals an additional 15% damage per damage over time effect on the target, up to 75%.

Tempest

Calliope’s Tempest Crystal 4 piece bonus: Now increases the damage of Tempest attacks by 500 instead of all ranged attacks. No longer increases the damage of procced attacks.

Riftblade

Calliope’s Riftblade Crystal 4 piece bonus: Enemies affected by Rift Implosion take an additional 500 damage from the Warrior's Riftblade attacks instead of all attacks. No longer increases the damage of procced attacks.

Blade of Elemental Affinity: Can now stack with Recovery Posture and Way of the Sun.

Void Knight

Calliope’s Void Knight Crystal 4 piece bonus: No longer increases the damage of procced attacks.

Paladin

Calliope’s Paladin Crystal 2 piece bonus: No longer increases the damage of procced attacks.

Champion
Calliope’s Champion Crystal 4 piece bonus: Using Titan's Strike causes up to 5 enemies within 7m to take an additional 500 damage from the Warrior's Champion attacks for 15s. No longer increases the damage of procced attacks.

Warlord

Calliope’s Warlord Crystal 4 piece bonus: Hitting with Piercing Thrust or Wave of Steel causes Empowering Strike, Decisive Strike, A Quick Death, King of the Hill and Breaking Blow to deal an additional 600 damage for 15s.

Recovery Posture: Can now stack with Blade of Elemental Affinity and Way of the Sun.

Paragon

Death Touch: Cooldown reduced to 20s, down from 30s.

Run Like the Wind: Now also reduces the cooldown of Fleet of Foot by 5-15s.

Way of the Sun: Can now stack with Blade of Elemental Affinity and Recovery Posture.

Feint: Removed.

Grasping the Horizon: New ability. Increases the range of Swift Strike, Setting Moon, Reaping Harvest and all Follow Up attacks by 20m for 10s. 30s cooldown.

Warlord is pretty much worthless now, I hopped on the test server to parse it and it's a good 1k below Paragon. OH WELL IT WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED.

Paragon changes look okay I guess, but it's just such a simple spec to play I had fun playing Warlord :(

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

vandiar posted:

New Warrior changes in 2.4:

Warlord is pretty much worthless now, I hopped on the test server to parse it and it's a good 1k below Paragon. OH WELL IT WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED.

Paragon changes look okay I guess, but it's just such a simple spec to play I had fun playing Warlord :(

cool so we're behind every other class again

gently caress this game

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Considering where the first one is taken (Unhallowed Boneforge) its not out of place at least. :stare:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Warriors are the new rogues, in so much as crying about "being the worst class".

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

gently caress this game

Yeah well at least you didn't have to be behind for at least like 7 months :allears:.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Machai posted:

^^^ The credits to purchase give you 4800 when purchased and would normally give you another 4800 when spent. If spent on a 30-day patron pass, they give you a 2200 spending bonus instead for a total of 4800 + 2200 = 7000 loyalty. If you are already a patron, you get a discount on store items so the pass is only 2160 credits so you get 7000-2*2160 = 2680 for spending the credits.

:psyduck: I still don't know the right way to give this game money.

Ok so let's say I want to spend (initially?) $20. Should I get $20 worth of credits? Should I NOT spend that and just buy a subscription for a month instead? Should I spend that and then use the credits to get the patron pass instead of buying it directly?

And with the credits that I spend, what should I get with them? My first character's just past level 30 now. Trion's made buying stuff feel optional enough that it all looks like aesthetic stuff to me. In people's opinion, what are the most mandatory/important store buys to get actual value out of the system? Sorry to keep asking the same question in different ways, there just doesn't seem to be a centralized place where someone has done this to refer to for info (unless it's buried somewhere in pages 10-90 of this thread).

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

shut up gelly posted:

gently caress this game

I mean, we're not so much behind every class, as we are behind in terms of two specs being less than optimal. Sure all these changes hit hard, but it's not like every single spec is being nerfed into the ground. I guess you just don't understand the concept of flavor of the month, since if one class is generally performing better than the other three, what do you do? You nerf the one class. If they were to buff the other three, that would make most fights way to easy. I guess this kind of keeps all the content currently out pretty standard in terms of how hard they are with the nerfs they gave to FT and EE last patch.

Again, it's a nerf, but it's not the end of warrior top dps.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Zoness posted:

Yeah well at least you didn't have to be behind for at least like 7 months :allears:.

I think you missed a year in there.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

Badfinger posted:

Ok so let's say I want to spend (initially?) $20. Should I get $20 worth of credits? Should I NOT spend that and just buy a subscription for a month instead? Should I spend that and then use the credits to get the patron pass instead of buying it directly?

And with the credits that I spend, what should I get with them? My first character's just past level 30 now. Trion's made buying stuff feel optional enough that it all looks like aesthetic stuff to me. In people's opinion, what are the most mandatory/important store buys to get actual value out of the system? Sorry to keep asking the same question in different ways, there just doesn't seem to be a centralized place where someone has done this to refer to for info (unless it's buried somewhere in pages 10-90 of this thread).

First thing I get would be the storm legion souls, I've been playing the heck out of defiler and harbinger so far.

I remember seeing a post about this before but it's buried deep in the thread somewhere and I can't find it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Warriors are #2 through #4 on our raid DPS meters (only because Tsu is an insane rogue), yet they whine like they are at the bottom. Warlord DPS should be on par with Archon/Defiler/Bard.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

I think you missed a year in there.

Well, I was just referring to Post-SL launch.

Eltoasto posted:

Warriors are #2 through #4 on our raid DPS meters (only because Tsu is an insane rogue), yet they whine like they are at the bottom. Warlord DPS should be on par with Archon/Defiler/Bard.

Warlord isn't comparable to Archon/Defiler/Bard though. It doesn't really bring any essential raid buffs/debuffs. Defiler DPS and Archon can also achieve pretty variable DPS depending on the fight or what particular spec variant they use. Probably the same for Bard but I don't know much about Bards.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

It really depends on the fight. Vandee doing 20k+ ST on matriarch was p insane though.

vv i was in rome and i have two exams until the 9th, going to be back again next wed

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 6, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Eltoasto posted:

Only when Esthi decides not to show up or I equip the wrong crystal or Stumbly misses a CD. Then I'll wallow in despair at my #5 spot :(

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kreczor posted:

Only when Esthi decides not to show up or I equip the wrong crystal or Stumbly misses a CD. Then I'll wallow in despair at my #5 spot :(

The trick on Matriarch is to steal all the crystals :getin:

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Zoness posted:

The trick on Matriarch is to steal all the crystals :getin:

Eh-hem TSUUUUUUUU!

I try to just pick up 1 or 2 so more people can get the dps increase. Also, doesn't the buff get less effective the more crystals you collect?

(I was speaking of soul crystals btw)

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

^^^ In my experience you have to try and get them all in order to get any because the drat warriors will somehow get them all even when you get there first (client lag! :argh:)

Badfinger posted:

If you are buying anything in the store and also plan on getting patron, buy patron first as it gives you a 10% discount on all items in the store. This includes future patron passes so as long as you don't wait until after your patron has lapsed to buy another pass you can save money. Patron is great for leveling as you get a 2hr +80% exp vial every day and can save up to 7 at a time.

"Mandatory" items to purchase:
Storm Legion Souls
Brevanic Portal Generator
Lvl 60 mount (saves time from having to grind rep. can be purchased with plat as well)

Don't buy:
Leveling gear packs. Afaik they are kinda poo poo and they will be replaced fairly quickly especially before level 50.

Machai fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 6, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Machai posted:

^^^ In my experience you have to try and get them all in order to get any because the drat warriors will somehow get them all even when you get there first (client lag! :argh:)

I almost always get one as Defiler because I firmly plant myself in melee range of as many things as possible, including Childes.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Badfinger posted:

I would get the Storm Legion souls and then maybe a Portal Generator and fast mount (or spend enough to unlock the loyalty one). There's a point on the loyalty meter that "unlocks" the game, giving you more bag slots and let's you post stuff on the AH, you probably want to get there.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
The only reason I pull 25-26k single target on Matriarch is because I take a crystal every time they drop and I don't think I have gotten any run out or stop mechanics in a long time. I am sure Tsu could pull the same if not higher numbers if he went ST.

I'm not crying, I'm just dissapointed that one of the more fun and challenging specs I've played in this game is going to be gone. I guess I'm just crazy because I enjoyed having to watch like 6 buffs and DOTs and making sure none fell off while doing raid mechanics and stuff, it was decently engaging, especially on fights like Salvarola. :shrug:

Still probably a couple weeks before the changes drop, there is plenty of crying on the Rift forums though it's pretty great.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Thanks for for the macro command cast @gtae and suppressmacrofailures. If you have good macro advice or another command post it please!

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Sep 6, 2013

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

vandiar posted:

The only reason I pull 25-26k single target on Matriarch is because I take a crystal every time they drop and I don't think I have gotten any run out or stop mechanics in a long time. I am sure Tsu could pull the same if not higher numbers if he went ST.

I'm not crying, I'm just dissapointed that one of the more fun and challenging specs I've played in this game is going to be gone. I guess I'm just crazy because I enjoyed having to watch like 6 buffs and DOTs and making sure none fell off while doing raid mechanics and stuff, it was decently engaging, especially on fights like Salvarola. :shrug:

Still probably a couple weeks before the changes drop, there is plenty of crying on the Rift forums though it's pretty great.

i don't mind fixing the bugged crystal but 26k st on matriarch isn't even close to grounds for a nerf, especially since warlords pull 30k+ on goloch (still less than shamans!). after pts parsing in test gear the highest i could push rb on a 5min parse was 23k, which is just above what our pyros/harbs and shamans can pull on live. i like the paragon changes but the death touch cd change makes little sense (should be 15s) and they're still well below shamans and harbs.

the nerfs aren't going to stop us from clearing content but it sucks to have our most competitive build neutered and our others kinda just rotting. i won't even bother with tempest since i feel like that's a lost cause and ailion just doesn't care about it.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

i won't even bother with tempest since i feel like that's a lost cause and ailion just doesn't care about it.

Are you saying that no raid encounters are balanced for tempest usage at all? :allears:

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

shut up gelly posted:

i don't mind fixing the bugged crystal but 26k st on matriarch isn't even close to grounds for a nerf, especially since warlords pull 30k+ on goloch (still less than shamans!). after pts parsing in test gear the highest i could push rb on a 5min parse was 23k, which is just above what our pyros/harbs and shamans can pull on live. i like the paragon changes but the death touch cd change makes little sense (should be 15s) and they're still well below shamans and harbs.

the nerfs aren't going to stop us from clearing content but it sucks to have our most competitive build neutered and our others kinda just rotting. i won't even bother with tempest since i feel like that's a lost cause and ailion just doesn't care about it.

Yeah really, its the same as the Lightning Torrent CD reduction that he put in a couple patches ago. It does nothing, it doesn't change your rotation at all, you never use Lightning Torrent more than once every 25s or so. With Paragon you're never going to hit Death Touch until after a Shifting Blades, and Shifting Blades is on a 15s CD. It's just some really odd design choices.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

FunkyFlashman posted:

Thanks for for the macro command cast @gtae and suppressmacrofailures. If you have good macro advice or another command post it please!

If you don't have the cleanse spam macro it's insanely useful. Change Purification to your specs cleanse spell, and if you have an AE cleanse it can be handy to throw before the @group casts. This specific one lets you cleanse someone specific (with mouseover), find the first cleanesable person in raid, or cleanse yourself/target if all of those fail.

code:
#show Purification
suppressmacrofailures
cast @mouseoverui Purification
cast @group01 Purification
cast @group02 Purification
cast @group20 Purification
cast Purification
For toggled abilities (eg. Flaring Power) use [notactive] so you don't toggle it off on accident.

code:
#show Flaring Power
suppressmacrofailures
cast [notactive] Flaring Power

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

Are you saying that no raid encounters are balanced for tempest usage at all? :allears:

one of our warriors refuses to run anything but tempest on hm zaviel :psyduck:

i parsed tempest for a while on pts with test gear and it parses around 21k. compare that to pyro/inq/marks/ranger, even on live, and it's pretty weak.

anyway there are new seals (+89 main stat with no aug so that works out to 110 main stat with an aug) on the pts so i suggest buying the mats/augs you need before the patch hits and the prices go insane. i say this obviously having already bought all the mats that i'll need (:smugdog:) but be prepared to drop 1k plat or 2k if you're not a mage on the swirling infinity particles that you need to craft them as well as a new crafting mat which may or may not be a raid mat (i hope not, because one person getting a seal every week would be horrible).

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

HM Zaviel is hardly a hard mode anyway.

I want to see a strat that doesn't use Tempest on HM Gelidra though.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

shut up gelly posted:

i parsed tempest for a while on pts with test gear and it parses around 21k. compare that to pyro/inq/marks/ranger, even on live, and it's pretty weak.

anyway there are new seals (+89 main stat with no aug so that works out to 110 main stat with an aug) on the pts so i suggest buying the mats/augs you need before the patch hits and the prices go insane. i say this obviously having already bought all the mats that i'll need (:smugdog:) but be prepared to drop 1k plat or 2k if you're not a mage on the swirling infinity particles that you need to craft them as well as a new crafting mat which may or may not be a raid mat (i hope not, because one person getting a seal every week would be horrible).

Got a recipe? E: as in ingredient list

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

shut up gelly posted:

The other mat is made by apothecaries and takes 5 regal distillate, 5 laminated madrosa, and 2 coruscating shards. No raid mats needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
A quick look at some of the changes in PTS: http://riftgrate.com/2013/09/06/pts-news-huge-700mb-update-on-the-pts-lots-of-goodies/

• Locked thread