Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Benny the Snake posted:

Yes it was. Well, I did leave out how I played dumb when they asked me if I remembered hitting a car.

Dude. Beatbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neon tarsier
Sep 14, 2007

not much chance for survival
Benny! What do you mean that you "played dumb" during the interview? You -- and I mean you specifically -- should NOT be purposefully bringing anymore dumbness than possible to an interview.

So, it sounds like your mom is pretty strict with you. Playing dumb and and other mind games with her might be a coping mechanism that you developed to survive during your childhood, but the people who are interviewing you are adults, and so are you, and I think you need to work on seeing yourself more on par with them maturity-wise. The way you describe your interviews, you're acting like a kid who's been called into the principal's office. Even though you don't have as much experience as the hiring managers you're talking to, you still need to learn how to approach these situations like an adult instead of like a teenager trying to get one over on his parents. You can talk to your therapist about this and they can guide you.

Eris
Mar 20, 2002
I am curious as to how you added Target to the resume? You have this Goon-approved resume tailored to a writing career and then you ... tacked Target to the top of it? And what, aside from your credit card upsell, did you add as an accomplishment in your two-month tenure?

I know you wanted to show retail experience, but do you think that your two months at a job really says "I am experienced in retail?" All it did is open a can of worms.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
was it not already established that this job was a scam? Or was this for the other position that was "DEFINITELY GONNA PAN OUT GUYS" oh benny. :shobon:

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

AcidRonin posted:

was it not already established that this job was a scam? Or was this for the other position that was "DEFINITELY GONNA PAN OUT GUYS" oh benny. :shobon:

Yeah it was. Doesn't stop Benny from giving it a go.

Eris
Mar 20, 2002
I think the jobs currently in play are

Staples
Office where he didn't get outgoing person's name
Recycling Scam

No word yet on Benny affording his medication or therapy, unless I missed an update.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

Namarrgon posted:

Yeah it was. Doesn't stop Benny from giving it a go.

No, what i don't understand is why Benny is all like "I thought it went well, I kept my mouth shut about wrecking car's" etc.... when of course he will get the job because IT'S A loving SCAM. Is he going to come back in a week and tell us how excited he is to start work at his new recycling job?? I mean does he think it will NOT be a scam for him?? Oh gently caress he will won't he....

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The interview he was talking about was for Staples. Which isn't a sc...which isn't the recycling scam.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

I'm pretty sure he was saying he didn't tell the interviewer at Staples that he played dumb with the target folks when first asked about hitting the car.

But yeah Benny just leave it off your resume/applications.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Any gas stations nearby you can find work at? Many gas stations will usually hire ex-cons and people currently addicted to painkillers so you should be good to go.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Coffee Wolf posted:

step one: Learn German
step two: learn how to use fax machine menus speedily
step three: go to Home Depot Pro Desk, sneak behind counter, change setting to German

Not sure how you can profit off this just yet, I may need a kickstarter to figure that out.

edit: probably not going to work too well in Amish Country, so try to avoid eastern PA.

The Amish aren't allowed to use copy machines, so you're good to go in PA and OH.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
The recycling place is a real business. The scam bit was them running a lovely boiler room to get new clients. I admit to a strange fascination with the idea of Our Benny doing phone sales.

Coffee is for closers!

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

AlbieQuirky posted:

Coffee is for closers!

I don't think Benny is quite ready for Glengarry Glen Ross.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
I played dumb when I was at Target and one of the managers asked me about crashing a cart into someone's car. I left that part out in my Staple's interview because denying I had an incident would've made me look worse.

the runs formula
Feb 23, 2013

by Lowtax
Benny you crashed a cart into someone's car?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

the runs formula posted:

Benny you crashed a cart into someone's car?

Come on man, keep up. Seriously yes, and click the ? by one of his posts to get the full story. gently caress, I just noticed 72 pages.

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

Darth123123 posted:

and click the ? by one of his posts to get the full story.

Don't miss out on the vegetable rag grabbing chat.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pfirti86 posted:

Don't miss out on the vegetable rag grabbing chat.

Classic. I like the smack boss's wife beat down.

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 6, 2013

Arch Stanton
Nov 23, 2003
EYEBALLS AND TONGUES DON'T MIX EW EW EW EW EW

Darth123123 posted:

Classic. I like the smack bosses wife beat down.

My favorite Bennytale is when he read GQ to brush up on fashion before the Abercrombie interview.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
Remember when his Police-force Uncle gave him shelter from the storm?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
My fav is when Benny told the pizza place owner that he could make a pizza for him right now, no problem.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Or who could forget when he entered into *~AGGRESSIVE SALARY NEGOTIATIONS~* with his dad over a gardening job over the weekend.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

My favorite was when he got a job and was immediately taken to task for not having two jobs.

(Benny is not the only source of entertainment in this thread.)

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

docbeard posted:

My favorite was when he got a job and was immediately taken to task for not having two jobs.

I'm still not convinced that this isn't some sort of Goon run ARG. No one can be this much of a stooge. I do love this little trip down memory lane we are all having about our favorite episodes from season 1 of "Benny The Snake's Arrested Development" Ron Howard should really narrate this thread.

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

I don't know how this thread isn't gold.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

its funny, for his first few posts Benny tells us how thankful he his for his rear end kicking, then the MINUET somebody asks him about how much he spends on his hobby's BAM hostility. Its almost as if the minuet you suggest he might be the one at fault he gets very upset.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

docbeard posted:

Seriously, while Benny is a colossal fuckup (remember Benny, I was on your side for the longest time), some goons refused to be satisfied unless he does everything perfectly forever.

Benny, it's cool to make mistakes, you just have to learn from them and not repeat them. Medication/therapy will help with this.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

AcidRonin posted:

I'm still not convinced that this isn't some sort of Goon run ARG. No one can be this much of a stooge. I do love this little trip down memory lane we are all having about our favorite episodes from season 1 of "Benny The Snake's Arrested Development" Ron Howard should really narrate this thread.

If Benny didn't exist, we would have to create him.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
Just as a small reassurance, I wanted to post and say that Benny and I have been talking the past few days since the discovery of the recycling center scam issue and we've been working some on sorting out some good ideas for jobhunting and stuff. He can do this - and made it pretty clear that he's probably going to give the recycling place a shot because at this point, as long as they don't ask him for money he doesn't really have much to lose except for the time.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Hell yes. Benny at the Recycling Plant--the next arc in your sordid saga.

Benny, make a kickstarter to buy tiny fiber optic cameras to affix yourself with. I will gladly pledge 75-100.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Eris posted:

No word yet on Benny affording his medication or therapy, unless I missed an update.

His counselling is only $5/visit, it is only the visits to the psychiatrist that provides the diagnosis and prescription that is too expensive, but he doesn't need to see that guy very often. His first medication had some effects on his motor skills, so he has been transferred to a 3 med cocktail that is pretty cheap.

Benny the Snake posted:

Therapy is every Tuesday at 2 thru City of Chino Human Services. It's a teaching facility so while the sessions are $5, my therapist is a grad student and not a licensed professional. I'm still glad and appreciative that I'm getting the therapy; we've been starting to figure out my psychosis like how I hear my name called out at random. Incidentally, I'm hearing my name called out less and less at random.

Benny the Snake posted:

Kay so I got back from my psych. I've been prescribed three medications-all generics, thankfully. So my bill is $38 for the batch as opposed to $27 at Wallgreen's for Zoloft generic. I've been given two antidepressants and a mood stabilizer: one of the antidepressants treats ADD symptoms, so that's good.

Eris
Mar 20, 2002
Oh good!!! I missed that update. Thanks.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Benny, you know that 90% of the folks here are cheering you on to do good, right? We wouldn't be here otherwise. You'll get the occasional idiot/threadshit but that is the Internet. The upside is that you get advice, people vet it out, and you act on it.

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The recycling place might be crudely and shittily run but that doesn't necessarily mean the place isn't legit, and there's a possibility he might not have been interviewing for the sales position. I've dropped off old electronics to a place like this and there was a receptionist girl who seemed like she didn't really do much except sitting at the desk waiting for people to arrive and telling them to 'put the stuff over there' and also handing out an optional form to fill out if we like. I never got the impression she handled any of the dropped off recyclables herself, either.

If this was an 'administrative' position that he was interviewing for it might be something like that. I'm sure even Benny could handle those responsibilities.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

lizardman posted:

I'm sure even Benny could handle those responsibilities.

You're cute

SirBoobsALot
Aug 18, 2005
Mittens.
Make sure after they fire you from the recycling scam job after one week that you add that experience to your resume. It shows that you persevere despite the fact that you can't hold down a job. Seriously though, lie about the gap in your resume and don't gently caress up the next (real) job. I've done hiring for my company before. Based on what I have read, it sorta sounds like you are over thinking a lot of things. The jobs you have been trying to land don't require an overly ambitious attitude or someone who is perfect in every way. They probably just want a reliable normal person with a basic skill set who can perform the job. I also get the feeling that you are sending weird vibes to your prospective employers. Just be a normal dude when you talk to them and don't try to go overboard with trying to impress them because you currently have nothing to impress them with.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

lizardman posted:

I'm sure even Benny could handle those responsibilities.

You must be the new boy, would someone like to show him around the dormitories?

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

I need an update now Benny.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

From the chat w me thread:

Benny the Snake posted:

Today's my birthday and I have nothing to celebrate. Help me feel better.

AIM: sabennythesnake

Have fun, go hog wild, and happy birthday Benny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Jesus man, don't let your birthday be terrible. Go out and give something to yourself, if nothing else. You can get season 1 of Chicago Fire on DVD for pretty cheap these days.

• Locked thread