Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob Quixote
Jul 7, 2006

This post has been inspected and certified by the Dino-Sorcerer

Grimey Drawer

Tender Bender posted:

Man, each of the avengers is such a direct analogue for some part of human sexuality that I'm already disappointed this film isn't going to take full advantage of casting Spader as their antagonist.

What does Hawkeye symbolize?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Bob Quixote posted:

Impotence.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Hawkeye's got the most phallic of powers that penetrates the bad guys. Clear cut.

Spader's great in Stargate, but he's got a HUGE amount of work beyond that one movie that isn't even his normal fare. I'm seeing so much "Man, I loved him in Stargate, he'll do good" on my Facebook feed. He's like the Anti-Affleck - people focusing on one role and lauding him for it.

I'm hoping Ultron is just a direct rip of his character on The Office and call it good.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
I just want 2 hours of Spader and RDJ verbally sparring in character. Alan Shore v Tony Stark, in a coffee shop, no subject is off limits. Any waitress that could survive the combined misogyny, condescension and wit would be due an unbelievable tip...

If you want to see Spader and RDJ working together to fight crime, check out TUFF TURF.

Seriously though, Spader has always been one of my favorite actors. From Stargate to the Secretary, and especially Boston Legal. Alan Shore is one of the greatest television characters ever created. I honestly only caught glimpses of him on the Office (as I can't stand where it went after Steve Carrell left. Anyway, he has an enormous range, and can be incredibly devious and downright terrifying.

There were moments on Boston Legal where Spader managed to be awful and scary. This is the best casting, and better than anything I could've ever thought of.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Take it with a grain of salt, but the same source as the Bryan Cranston rumor are saying that Warner Bros wants Timothy Dalton as Alfred.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/exclusive-zack-snyder-eyeing-timothy-dalton-alfred-batman-superman

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Tuxedo Jack posted:

If you want to see Spader and RDJ working together to fight crime, check out TUFF TURF.

This looks like some of the least tuff turf in existence.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

lomzus posted:

Take it with a grain of salt, but the same source as the Bryan Cranston rumor are saying that Warner Bros wants Timothy Dalton as Alfred.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/exclusive-zack-snyder-eyeing-timothy-dalton-alfred-batman-superman

Holy poo poo.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Bob Quixote posted:

Being the best in the world at putting his shaft exactly where he wants to.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

lomzus posted:

The casting for this movie is all over the place and I am loving loving it.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Bradley Cooper is officially Rocket Raccoon.
http://bit.ly/19TCQzD

Sad it's not John Benjamin, but Bradley Cooper has a great acting range and I think he'll pull it off well.
Also holy poo poo the cast of this movie.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

GonSmithe posted:

Bradley Cooper is officially Rocket Raccoon.
http://bit.ly/19TCQzD

This is going to be ladies man Rocket Raccoon, sly devil dog, isn't it?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

lomzus posted:

Until they actually verify that said source was actually right about the Bryan Cranston thing this is still worthless. Same with the rumors that they're filming in detroit despite having only announced the lead actor a few days ago.

This is like when Eddie Murphy was confirmed to be playing the Riddler only ten times worse.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Gatts posted:

This is going to be ladies man Rocket Raccoon, sly devil dog, isn't it?

I'm so conflicted. I really like Bradley Cooper but... I wanted it to be someone more... haggard.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Until they actually verify that said source was actually right about the Bryan Cranston thing this is still worthless. Same with the rumors that they're filming in detroit despite having only announced the lead actor a few days ago.

This is like when Eddie Murphy was confirmed to be playing the Riddler only ten times worse.
Yeah, I'd say there's a 99.9% chance that's a poo poo claim re: Dalton, but dammit, it would be so awesome, because Timothy Dalton is awesome :smith:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Same with the rumors that they're filming in detroit despite having only announced the lead actor a few days ago.

The State of Michigan Film Office has confirmed that filming begins in Detroit in Q1 2014, so that isn't a rumor.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

...of SCIENCE! posted:

You set filming locations far in advance when making films in Metropolitan areas.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008
I wonder if Vin Diesel being attached to Guardians as well could lead to a video game, and a good one at that. He has quite a history with Starbreeze.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Dude, don't gently caress with Tuff Turf, it's got good music and James Spader and RDJ are awesome in it. Age check, I saw that poo poo in the theatre.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Whizbang posted:

Gary Busey as Apocalypse.

:take my money:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I have the Iron Man 3 Blu-ray with me and I really like the Agent Carter short. It's basically Hayley Atwell playing Modesty Blaise and beating up several men. It even has a post-credit cameo where Howard Stark and Dum Dum Dugan discuss an exciting new development in fashion.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Katee Sackhoff of BSG fame might be up for Captain Marvel.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

GonSmithe posted:

And I would be down with this.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

GonSmithe posted:

I'm a little disappointed this is apparently the Marvel Captain Marvel and not the DC one. Katee Sackhoff would play the poo poo out of being the manifestation of a young girl's power fantasy.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Sir Kodiak posted:

I'm a little disappointed this is apparently the Marvel Captain Marvel and not the DC one. Katee Sackhoff would play the poo poo out of being the manifestation of a young girl's power fantasy.

Eh, I kinda wanted Genis-vell like in Peter David's run where he went mad but I like Carol Danvers too for the Marvel one. Patrick Warburton is still good for Shazam, right?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Gatts posted:

Patrick Warburton is still good for Shazam, right?

I feel like Captain Marvel/Shazam isn't enough of a purely-comedic character for Warburton to be right. I think you'd want a big dude who can do comedy and drama, particularly with a child-like sincerity to it, which means you want The Rock. He's a cliched choice for superhero casting, but I think this is one where he's suited to it for more than just his physical size.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Yeah but the Rock would make a great Black Adam. Unless he could pull double duty. Or comedy option Vin as Black Adam.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Sir Kodiak posted:

I feel like Captain Marvel/Shazam isn't enough of a purely-comedic character for Warburton to be right. I think you'd want a big dude who can do comedy and drama, particularly with a child-like sincerity to it, which means you want The Rock. He's a cliched choice for superhero casting, but I think this is one where he's suited to it for more than just his physical size.

I'd argue that Warburton has shown a lot of range in his voice over work on Venture Bros. I think he could pull it off, but it's bigger risk than casting The Rock.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Warburton is The Tick.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Even though I was into comics for a long time, I still get confused that there are three Captain Marvels: 1) the original Captain Mar-Vell and his subsequent successors who received the later title of Captain Marvel, 2) Captain Marvel of DC (Bill Batson with the power of SHAZAM! and now known in DC as Shazam), and 3) Ms. Marvel who was originally separate from Captain Mar-vell but is now the actual Captain Marvel.

gently caress.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Thwomp posted:

Even though I was into comics for a long time, I still get confused that there are three Captain Marvels: 1) the original Captain Mar-Vell and his subsequent successors who received the later title of Captain Marvel, 2) Captain Marvel of DC (Bill Batson with the power of SHAZAM! and now known in DC as Shazam), and 3) Ms. Marvel who was originally separate from Captain Mar-vell but is now the actual Captain Marvel.

gently caress.

You forgot that Monica Rambeau also used to go by Captain Marvel.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Thwomp posted:

gently caress.

You get really confused when you think of Gomer Pyle and his catch phrase: "Shazam!" Sadly that's how I remember the DC one he's the guy that shouts that Gomer Pyle phrase the others are aliens/woman with alien powers.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

GonSmithe posted:

This would be perfect casting

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

GonSmithe posted:

This is like RDJR as Tony Stark levels of casting.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I don't care who plays her, I will be there day one if Carol Danvers gets a movie.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

GonSmithe posted:

I didn't know that I wanted Ms. Marvel in an Avengers movie before reading this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God do I love Katee Sackhoff. Half the reason we went to see Riddick was because of her. I think she's a better casting idea than Theron by miles.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GonSmithe posted:

This was my tied-for-first choice between Anna Torv and her so I hope to hell this is true. Captain Marvel has been a really fun character lately and seeing her on the big screen would be wonderful.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Rhyno posted:

God do I love Katee Sackhoff. Half the reason we went to see Riddick was because of her. I think she's a better casting idea than Theron by miles.

She fits a lot nicer into Marvels lowball salary range too

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

jscolon2.0 posted:

I didn't know that I wanted Ms. Marvel in an Avengers movie before reading this.

:colbert:

Also, just looking at some pics of her in Riddick, Sackhoff definitely has the look:

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Sep 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I'm a little disappointed only because I was hoping to see Rogue absorb her powers and start to fly, but now that she's a Marvel Character and not in the Fox Universe, we can't see that.

• Locked thread