Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm going to post this up here just in case I don't get approved in time for me to make the Speed Painting cutoff. If I need to retake any of these pictures (my monitor makes getting good pictures of the time-stamp thing a huge pain in the rear end) let me know and I'll get on that ASAP.

Oath Complete!

Bonus Points:

-Aww, it's a baby!

-Detektuv's Journal (Freehand)

-Backstory

Cixtus Onomaeous, chapter master of the Sundered Shackles, is a free spirit. Perhaps too free. In fact, his spirit has so much freedom the venerable space marine and his equally-free brethren broke off from the Imperium. Disagreements with the higher-ups and dislike of fellow co-workers just made the workplace too awkward for him, so he put in his two weeks and hosed off into deep space. Though he and his crew bring dishonor to themselves in the eyes of the other chapters, they do not fall to chaos, doing battle with the fowl forces of evil when not on the run from their previous, somewhat less evil, companions.

-Fly Your Flag

-In battle!

Could this be the end of Cixtus Onomaeous?

-Strike a Pose

Apparently it was not the end of Cixtus Onomaeous. Not even the raw might of a handful of Imperial Guardsman could stand up to the awesome power of the exalted Chapter Master. None shall interrupt his daily stroll through the Featureless Flat Wooden Plains. None, save for a wily Primaris Psyker! Will this rude gesture be enough to sway the unstoppable juggernaut that is Cixtus? From the top of his junk pile, he looks down upon the poor fool about to get his day ruined.

-Speed Painting!

-Parts List

-Krylon Gray Primer
-Citadel Paints:
Boltgun, Chainmail, Abaddon Black,
Mechrite Red, Blood Red, Dwarf Bronze,
Badab Black (Wash), Bleached Bone, Ceramite White,
Snot Green, Elf Flesh, Scorched Brown

-Cheap Exacto Knife
-Three cheap paintbrushes I don't know the proper terms for
-Gorilla Glue
-Black Micron Pen
-Paper Towels
-Water Dish Things
-Computer for photoshop mockup/colortest/sweet jams

-Games Workshop Blood Angels legs, torso pieces, head
-Games Workshop Dark Angels big mace thing arm
-Games Workshop Space Marine backpack, storm bolter arm, flag
-Maxmini shoulderpads
-some dirt and sprue pieces for the base

E: gently caress, I was hoping I could get it done while it was still on the same page.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Babe Magnet posted:

..doing battle with the fowl forces of evil..

Sorry, I couldn't resist:

(Well done for completing your first oath :))

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: Attention prizewinners - we still have people whose names were drawn from LAST month who I need details from! :siren:

Or at least I don't have your address in my 'winners' document, which means I haven't sent your info off to the prize sponsors. And THAT means your prize isn't on its way yet! So these goons must get in touch ASAP!:

JesusIsTehCool
(Games N Gears brushes)
Derlix (Games N Gears brushes)

Please email me at krushgroove169 at gmail ASAP - the next group of prize winners is going to be drawn soon, and I need to clear the books! If you've already sent me your info, please accept my apologies and just re-send your details.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Leperflesh posted:

It's time for prizes for August 2013!

There's one more prize to draw! The Warhammer 40k special prize for this month. I will draw that soon, but I needed to check with krushgroove about something first, so stay tuned!

I assume that since in the Bi-Monthly July/August tab I have a value in the Index # column that my 40K model has been accepted?

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Manufacturer/scale, please?

Forgeworld / Games Workshop, 28mm.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Booley posted:

Hammerhead and space marine are for scale. I'm OK with this going either way, I've got most of the month to paint more.

INEPTMULE, your judgement?

I'm gonna go with no on this, sorry. Given that drones are kinda small even at 28mm infantry scale, I would say that you need more there.

I think a rule of thumb that I proposed earlier is for the majority scale for each themed group to be the one that decides how many you need.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

I'm going to post this up here just in case I don't get approved in time for me to make the Speed Painting cutoff. If I need to retake any of these pictures (my monitor makes getting good pictures of the time-stamp thing a huge pain in the rear end) let me know and I'll get on that ASAP.

I've credited you with everything but speed painting. I really need a photo with a timestamp I can actually read: while I can see what time it is, I can't see the date on that photo at all. Now, I know from the timestamp of your post that you're in time, but if you could possibly get a photo in which your monitor is in focus that'd be better. It's OK if the miniature is out-of-focus for that photo. You might consider bringing up the world time server site on a smartphone or tablet instead, if you have one of those things?

The other thing is that I think you did this month's theme, based on the scrolls and banners and stuff, so I've credited you for it; but for the future, please always call out specifically what you did for a month's theme so I don't have to guess.

Good job anyway!

Indolent Bastard posted:

I assume that since in the Bi-Monthly July/August tab I have a value in the Index # column that my 40K model has been accepted?

The July/August tab is for tracking the bi-monthly Ineptmule Themed Group contest. I'm tracking the 40k August prize using an extra column on the August spreadsheet: it's Column W. And yes, you have a y there, indicating your models were deemed eligible (you did a Mega Nob).

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
I, Iris of Ether, oath (2) Orc Marauders, (2) Orc Snipers, (1) Kavorgh, Orc Warboss, and a dice tray. Miniatures are Reaper Bones, 28mm. Tray is assembled from Hirst Arts plaster-cast tiles and some polymer clay.

I think I'll save my chariot for another month. I need to go hunting for some extra wood & bases first.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

ineptmule posted:

I'm gonna go with no on this, sorry. Given that drones are kinda small even at 28mm infantry scale, I would say that you need more there.

I think a rule of thumb that I proposed earlier is for the majority scale for each themed group to be the one that decides how many you need.

ok.

gotta do this bonus style

I add 5 tau pathfinders (28mm games workshop) to my september oath

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

I've credited you with everything but speed painting. I really need a photo with a timestamp I can actually read: while I can see what time it is, I can't see the date on that photo at all. Now, I know from the timestamp of your post that you're in time, but if you could possibly get a photo in which your monitor is in focus that'd be better. It's OK if the miniature is out-of-focus for that photo. You might consider bringing up the world time server site on a smartphone or tablet instead, if you have one of those things?

The other thing is that I think you did this month's theme, based on the scrolls and banners and stuff, so I've credited you for it; but for the future, please always call out specifically what you did for a month's theme so I don't have to guess.

Good job anyway!

Oh, I didn't think I did enough to really count for the Detektuv's Journal so I didn't put it down, I guess I'll throw that into my original Oath Complete post. I'll put in a better picture of the time in that post, too. Even if I took it right now, I think I still make the 24-hour deadline hah.

E: Alright, added the missing stuff to the Oath Complete post.

enri posted:

(Well done for completing your first oath :))

Thanks!

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 5, 2013

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATHING: From Privateer press Hordes line, Two Blighted Nyss Legionaires, The BlackFrost Shard, Bayal Hound of Everblight and Vayl, Disciple of Everblight.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

I Harkano, oath This butcher Unleashed, 2 War Argus(ses.. Argusii), and 1 War Dog (Privateer Press)

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Harkano posted:

I Harkano, oath This butcher Unleashed, 2 War Argus(ses.. Argusii), and 1 War Dog (Privateer Press)

You might want to retake that, the date on that timestamp is a smudge.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Dr. Gargunza, you've won two prizes, but per the rules, you can only win one prize in a month. You'll have to choose! Let me know which you want, and I'll re-roll for the other.

The grab bag looks tempting, but I think I'll go for the Games 'n' Gears double brush. Thanks very much!
(And congrats to everybody who won; I am properly intimidated again this month.)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dr. Gargunza posted:

The grab bag looks tempting, but I think I'll go for the Games 'n' Gears double brush. Thanks very much!
(And congrats to everybody who won; I am properly intimidated again this month.)

Alright! Contact Krushgroove so he can get your brushes on the way.

An item from the Detektuv's Grab Bag goes to: Red Herring!

Congrats on winning something your first month of Oathing, Red Herring! Contact Krushgroove to arrange your prize.

The August Warhammer 40k model is a prize awarded via voting! Krushgroove will put together a slideshow of the 35 Warhammer 40k-eligible Oaths, and then those 35 goons will get to vote on the winner. I'll put up a vote thingy and spreadsheet jigger once the slideshow is ready. Exciting!

nathonicus
May 2, 2013
I, Nathonicus, Oath this Devil Girl from Fenryll Miniatures (28mm)

Keeping it small this month. I may add some other minis to my commitment that I need to finish, without making them part of an official "oath".

I was pleasantly surprised to find this girl in a secret stash of minis at a FLGS, and picked her up for fifty cents. I'd never seen minis from this company in the flesh, and I quite like her. The resin casting seems to be very good.

nathonicus fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Sep 6, 2013

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
PASH and TADHG - you folks are the lucky recipients of the theme prizes so far!

Get in touch (pm or n.kirkby at googlemail.com) to sort it out!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
OK I hosed up somehow by editing instead of quoting this post, but there were a bunch of ACCEPTED oath pictures here, I've managed to copy/paste what was here before, just in case:

Fix posted:
I, Fix, oath to paint these 11 genestealers and 1 Broodlord.
Under 15 posted:
I, Under 15, oath to paint one GW Warhammer Fantasy Giant for September.
Iris of Ether posted:
I, Iris of Ether, oath (2) Orc Marauders, (2) Orc Snipers, (1) Kavorgh, Orc Warboss, and a dice tray. Miniatures are Reaper Bones, 28mm. Tray is assembled from Hirst Arts plaster-cast tiles and some polymer clay.

I love the dice tray! I'm assuming you going for the 'I rolled a 6!' one-time bonus (since it's a gaming aid)? If so, mention this in your oath complete post so you get credit.
Booley posted:
ok.

gotta do this bonus style
I add 5 tau pathfinders (28mm games workshop) to my september oath
Ledgem posted:
OATHING: From Privateer press Hordes line, Two Blighted Nyss Legionaires, The BlackFrost Shard, Bayal Hound of Everblight and Vayl, Disciple of Everblight.
nathonicus posted:
I, Nathonicus, Oath this Devil Girl from Fenryll Miniatures (28mm)

Keeping it small this month. I may add some other minis to my commitment that I need to finish, without making them part of an official "oath".

I was pleasantly surprised to find this girl in a secret stash of minis at a FLGS, and picked her up for fifty cents. I'd never seen minis from this company in the flesh, and I quite like her. The resin casting seems to be very good.

:siren: :siren: Hijacking the top of a new page with this reminder for prize winners to get in touch! :siren: :siren:
:siren:
:siren: Get in touch ASAP with your mailing address!
:siren:
:siren: Fork Banger :siren: (see the Dragon Forge info in the prize section of the OP so you can tell me what base(s) you want)
:siren: ijyt :siren: (have a look at the Troll Trader info in the prize section of the OP and choose an item!)
:siren: :siren:

Please email me at krushgroove169 at gmail - If you've already sent me your info, please accept my apologies and just re-send your details.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Sep 9, 2013

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Is mine accepted? :ohdear:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Icon Of Sin posted:

I, Icon of Sin, oath to paint these 2 Games Workshop Space Marine bikers. They're the last of their Ravenwing squadron to get painted (only 24 more bikes to go, I have plenty to continue oathing month after month :suicide: )

Germ posted:

I Germ, Oath this Rhino and these 7 Plague Marines for the month of September. All are 28ish mm scale and by Games Workshop and Forge World. The green is some fresh greenstuff maggots I added to a previously primered tank.

Missed this one, too!

Accepted

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I sent my information by email to both Ineptmule and Krushgroove to be safe. Thanks!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint (1) Janan, Female Dragon Slayer for the month of September! From the Reaper Bones series, 28mm.

I may add some other items later in the month, after I figure out what scale the miniatures from Mice & Mystics are supposed to be.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath to paint 5 Lychguard, Cryptek, Illuminor Szeras and 3 Maneaters in the month of September by GW (28mm)

I hope the picture is clear enough, I seem to goofed the lighting on this one.

EDIT: Manufactorer and scale, correct model name

Lord Hypnostache fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 7, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath to paint 5 Lychguard, Cryptek, Nemesor Zahndrek and 3 Maneaters in the month of September

Who makes these figures, please?

Also, Corvus Belli/Infinity prizewinner Signal, please contact me via PMs or email (my username at gmail dot com) so you can pick your Infinity blister!

Also, Everyone:
We've been seeing maybe six or seven goons painting Infinity models each month. I have twelve blisters to give away this year, only to goons who paint Corvus Belli. If we keep at this rate, it's almost a guaranteed prize! I'd love to see more of you painting these attractive figures!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Didn't the Infinity drawing get opened up for everyone? I'm almost certain I saw that somewhere.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

moths posted:

Didn't the Infinity drawing get opened up for everyone? I'm almost certain I saw that somewhere.
The standard drawing is only for people who oath and complete something Infinity (and for the quarterly one, do all 3 Jurnals). You may be thinking of some separate drawing for everyone, but I thinking that's passed.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I, Dr. Red Ranger, oath for the month of September one Chaos Space Marine Aspiring Champion and one Chaos Lord, both by Games Workshop.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

moths posted:

The monthly blister is for Infinity-painters only. The quarterly prize works like all the other quarterly prizes - do all three oaths and all three monthly Detektuv's Jurnals, and you qualify (so you don't have to paint Infinity models to qualify for the quarterly prize).

This kind of makes sense, because the quarterly box sets are starter kits. So someone getting one would maybe try out the game, which is of course what the sponsor would want. The monthly blisters are usually just one to three models, which you might like to paint but I think it makes more sense to reward folks who are already trying out Infinity's stuff (and showing it off to everyone in the thread).

And the final end-of-season prize is... uh... hm. It's down as an end-of-season prize, but we haven't posted how we're giving it away in the OPs. I'll have to chat with krushgroove about it!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I can't search on my phone, but I remember being glad that I'd now have a chance at it since nobody around here carries Infinity singles.

It could very well have been something else, this thread has a lot of moving parts.

E: Beaten, but glad I'm only partially misremembering.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Might be mixing it up with last year since the Infinity blisters were a random draw then?

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Leperflesh posted:

Who makes these figures, please?

Ah dang, forgot that. They're all by GW. I edited that into my oath post.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Thanks Ineptmule for getting the prize out so quick! I have already spent it and a little bit more to acquire a High Elf Phoenix for myself. I look forward to painting it when it arrives.

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
* wrong thread, I R SMRT

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I Bucnasti, Oath these six Games Workshop Ork Boyz in 28mm, may god have mercy on my soul.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I am sad to say I failed my last oath, which I believe was July. What's more embarrassing is that I didn't fail because I hadn't completed the model, I just forgot to take a picture of it.

edit: So I guess this means I can Save Da Whales?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3547161&userid=34048#post416041927

And with that, it's time to get back on the horse.

I Korwen oath these 12 Privateer Press Praetorian Swordsmen with Unit Attachment and Agonizer solo

Lets do this.

Korwen fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 7, 2013

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath to paint 5 Lychguard, Cryptek, Nemesor Zahndrek and 3 Maneaters in the month of September by GW (28mm)

Another goof I made: it's Illuminor Szeras and not Nemesor Zahndrek. Yes, this is an army I just started and don't know the names :D I've edited the oath post to have accurate name.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Korwen posted:

I am sad to say I failed my last oath, which I believe was July. What's more embarrassing is that I didn't fail because I hadn't completed the model, I just forgot to take a picture of it.

That being said here it is:

Search the first page of the thread for "How to Save Your Failed Oath". You can't get points for the July figure, but you can get an entry into the Whales contest! Since you've finished painting, you can do it with just one post.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Another goof I made: it's Illuminor Szeras and not Nemesor Zahndrek. Yes, this is an army I just started and don't know the names :D I've edited the oath post to have accurate name.

Fixed in the sheet. :)

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I, Slimnoid, Oath to paint the following: 1 Terminator Librarian and 2 Chaplains (GW, 28mm); 1 Lord Exhumator Scaverous (28mm, Privateer Press); and 1 Lilith and 3 Terror Tots (Wyrd Games, 28mm)

For this month I'm aiming for the Detektuv's Jurnal: Freehand and Double the Fun! bonuses, with August's Jurnal (weathering) being the second 'bonus.'. Both Jurnals will be on the metal Chaplain model in the middle of the top photo.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Let's try this again...

I, Loxbourne, hereby oath to paint one Mongoose Publishing ACTA:SF Klingon Starter Box, and 32 Spartan Games Prussian Empire Tiny Flyer Tokens.

The Klingons will be welcome breaks before the tiny flyers erode my sanity past the breaking point.

Consolidation Edit: The Spartan tokens are 0.16mm scale. The ACTA:SF ships are ostensibly 1/3125 (0.52mm) scale.

Loxbourne fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Loxbourne posted:

Let's try this again...

I, Loxbourne, hereby oath to paint one Mongoose Publishing ACTA:SF Klingon Starter Box, and 32 Spartan Games Prussian Empire Tiny Flyer Tokens.

The Klingons will be welcome breaks before the tiny flyers erode my sanity past the breaking point.

I know from your July oath that the Spartan Games stuff is 0.16mm scale, but what scale are the Mongoose Publishing ships?

• Locked thread