Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Good thing I didn't bold anything!

Hehe, supposedly the deal fell through after clubs agreed on fee, player was happy with the pay, but the agent requested a 2m signing fee to which they told him to :fuckoff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

canepazzo posted:

Hehe, supposedly the deal fell through after clubs agreed on fee, player was happy with the pay, but the agent requested a 2m signing fee to which they told him to :fuckoff:

I'm glad that Lotito is still a hardass when it comes to this poo poo. He might be the last owner that's rabidly against "modern" football finances.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Look at how happy he is :unsmith:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

hope he stays healthy, he's still quality.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

So let's give our marks to the transfer market! In order of last years placement:

Juventus: 8/10, they got the striker they needed, they're still 2 categories over everyone else
Napoli: 7.5/10 Higuain is gonna be amazing, they could have spent better for the defense; but it might just be a matter of them adjusting to Benitez's defensive style. If they handle that, title contender
Milan: 6/10 They kept their best players this year and got Kaka who's still got a good year at least imho; guilty of not investing behind which will bite them in the rear end. It all depends on how Balotelli will be this year. CL spot if the defense holds. Question: what happened to the Champions League money?
Fiorentina: 7.5/10 I was going to lower it to 7 before yesterday but Neto is growing on me, would have been an 8 if we got a good center back. Attack is, speaking impartially, the best of the league. Champions league spot contender
Udinese: 6/10 I don't think they signed anyone important or sold anyone, very neutral market. Of course it will become a 9/10 when they sell their latest Cote d'Ivoire 17 year old for 60 million to Monaco. Europa League spot at most.
Lazio: 6/10 Meh, meh and meh. No big names, Yilmaz would have boosted them to 7.5 at least (I love that guy), if Klose has one last good year they can challenge for Europa League, nothing more I don't think
Roma: 6.5/10 good signings with Strootman and Ljajic and De Sanctis, but they lost Lamela, Osvaldo and Marquinhos; remains to be seen if they will be adequately replaced by those new signings. Champions League spot contender if Ljajic doesn't Nutellize himself again.
Inter: 6/10 for the transfer market, which was heavily influenced by the Thohir deal; but it looks like their injured ones are coming back stronger than before so it's definitely gonna gun for a Champions League finish.
Catania and below I didn't follow much so can't really speak, except for:
Livorno: 7/10 they will safely get past the relegation group with Emeghara and having kept Paulinho
Sassuolo: 3/10 they have a team that will easily stay in Serie A for three more seasons: Autumn, Winter and Spring(not mine).

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Roma actually look like they've not gotten significantly worse despite selling their best players. Good window for them if these results bare out over the course of the season.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"

canepazzo posted:

Milan: Question: what happened to the Champions League money?

Bought the Guardia di Finanza some new Alfa Romeos

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Milan's moves were pretty quiet, but I think there was atleast one great move: Poli.

I've liked Poli for a few years and I think he has been significantly underrated. He hasn't arrived to much fanfare despite being easily an upgrade over everyone besides Montolivo in our midfield. Even then, I think he can complement Montolivo exceptionally. He's good physically and he is more creative than he gets credit for, imo. To me he has looked the most dangerous player on this side in this early campaign and I hope he continues to grow into this system.

I love Kaka, so I won't say that I think this was a stop-gap move that was made primarily to appease fans when Milan's other targets fell through. Well, I did say that but I will still say that he still has world class vision and passing and I believe he will be a good player for us in the short term and he is the kind of player we need to play in that 4-3-1-2 that Allegri seems to want to revert to.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

So let's give our marks to the transfer market! In order of last years placement:

Juventus: 8/10, they got the striker they needed, they're still 2 categories over everyone else
Napoli: 7.5/10 Higuain is gonna be amazing, they could have spent better for the defense; but it might just be a matter of them adjusting to Benitez's defensive style. If they handle that, title contender
Milan: 6/10 They kept their best players this year and got Kaka who's still got a good year at least imho; guilty of not investing behind which will bite them in the rear end. It all depends on how Balotelli will be this year. CL spot if the defense holds. Question: what happened to the Champions League money?
Fiorentina: 7.5/10 I was going to lower it to 7 before yesterday but Neto is growing on me, would have been an 8 if we got a good center back. Attack is, speaking impartially, the best of the league. Champions league spot contender
Udinese: 6/10 I don't think they signed anyone important or sold anyone, very neutral market. Of course it will become a 9/10 when they sell their latest Cote d'Ivoire 17 year old for 60 million to Monaco. Europa League spot at most.
Lazio: 6/10 Meh, meh and meh. No big names, Yilmaz would have boosted them to 7.5 at least (I love that guy), if Klose has one last good year they can challenge for Europa League, nothing more I don't think
Roma: 6.5/10 good signings with Strootman and Ljajic and De Sanctis, but they lost Lamela, Osvaldo and Marquinhos; remains to be seen if they will be adequately replaced by those new signings. Champions League spot contender if Ljajic doesn't Nutellize himself again.
Inter: 6/10 for the transfer market, which was heavily influenced by the Thohir deal; but it looks like their injured ones are coming back stronger than before so it's definitely gonna gun for a Champions League finish.
Catania and below I didn't follow much so can't really speak, except for:
Livorno: 7/10 they will safely get past the relegation group with Emeghara and having kept Paulinho
Sassuolo: 3/10 they have a team that will easily stay in Serie A for three more seasons: Autumn, Winter and Spring(not mine).

I largely agree with these, though I think I would put Napoli's market above Juve's simply because of the amount of starters they brought in. In my opinion Hamsik has been the best player, followed by Callejon. Higuain will be great eventually, I feel, but he's not better than Cavani right now (I know I know, two games in).

Rossi and Gomez do look really lethal, and as a two striker pair they very well may be the best attacking lineup, but again Callejon, Hamsik and Higuain look really really special.

Udinese have never had a market that seems spectacular on paper because nobody reports a 100k euro purchase from Venezuela of a 17 year old who turns out to be a monster later. I feel like it's nearly irrelevant to even give them a number.

Inter look better than last year but I want to see them against a top side before I make any judgements. Them not having any European commitments will work in their favor, though, and I think they'll be up there.

Milan and Roma have these boatloads of cash sitting around and neither are spending them. Roma, I think, are working toward having a nice cash flow to pay for their stadium. I can only cynically and only half jokingly say that Milan's money is there to cover Silvio's debts to whoever and whatever he owes money to. Im (clearly) excited about Kaka but until Honda comes along in January I'll still say that we need another midfielder.

Catania, in my opinion, have done terribly, selling 4 of their core players and sorta replacing only one of them (Tachtsidis for Lodi). I think they're going to be lucky to not be involved in a relegation fight this season barring something miraculous happening.

Livorno have the best side of the promoted ones and I think they'll easily stay up.

Oh, and regarding Sassuolo, they did make two important moves, signing Floro Flores and Pegolo today. Wont be enough to stay up but it does make them better than before.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 3, 2013

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

grvm posted:

Milan's moves were pretty quiet, but I think there was atleast one great move: Poli.

I've liked Poli for a few years and I think he has been significantly underrated. He hasn't arrived to much fanfare despite being easily an upgrade over everyone besides Montolivo in our midfield. Even then, I think he can complement Montolivo exceptionally. He's good physically and he is more creative than he gets credit for, imo. To me he has looked the most dangerous player on this side in this early campaign and I hope he continues to grow into this system.

I love Kaka, so I won't say that I think this was a stop-gap move that was made primarily to appease fans when Milan's other targets fell through. Well, I did say that but I will still say that he still has world class vision and passing and I believe he will be a good player for us in the short term and he is the kind of player we need to play in that 4-3-1-2 that Allegri seems to want to revert to.

I also love Poli, he adds that extra speed in the midfield that none of our other midfielders have. It's nice to finally see someone that can chase down one of Zapata's garbage clearances or Mexes's cock ups. I'm also excited for Saponara to be fit, though with Kaka around he's going to have trouble getting game time, even more so if/when Honda shows up.

Another bit of news: Barrientos's move to Qatar was blocked by Catania's president apparently. Glad he's staying around and that should really help Catania.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I didn't like Roma's transfer window all that much, but looking back at it on the whole it's not too bad. They lost 3 really important players, but at least they got paid appropriately for them, and the guys they brought in are a pretty good set of players. It all really just depends if Garcia can end the cycle of bullshit they've had at the management level for the past couple of years.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Milan left Niang off of the player list for the CL group stages, which I thought was weird, and then later apologized saying they didn't actually mean to do that. El Sha was on the "A" list even though he could've been listed on the "B" list as he's young and has played enough seasons, meaning he took a spot he didn't need to, and that spot was Niang's.

I would be infuriated if I was Niang. Hell, Im mad and I'm just some rear end in a top hat on the internet!

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Yeah I saw that. Umberto Gandini had to apologize on twitter, haha. What a gently caress up that was.

dilbertschalter
Jan 12, 2010
Hasn't anyone in the front office ever played FM? Classic newbie mistake.

:ironicat:

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

Gigi Galli posted:

Milan left Niang off of the player list for the CL group stages, which I thought was weird, and then later apologized saying they didn't actually mean to do that. El Sha was on the "A" list even though he could've been listed on the "B" list as he's young and has played enough seasons, meaning he took a spot he didn't need to, and that spot was Niang's.

I would be infuriated if I was Niang. Hell, Im mad and I'm just some rear end in a top hat on the internet!

Does he lose any CL-based incentives for this?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Funkysauce posted:

Does he lose any CL-based incentives for this?

I dont know if he had any, really.

Mino Raiola is throwing a fit over this so I bet he did at least and that's comforting.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
"Camouflage kit" pizzas are now for sale in Naples.

looks more like "sand pitch" pizza to me

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

trem_two posted:

"Camouflage kit" pizzas are now for sale in Naples.

looks more like "sand pitch" pizza to me

That looks revolting.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

That looks revolting.

I was trying to figure out what's on it - arugula, mushrooms maybe? I thought the same thing. The pitch comparison is accurate.

However, I've never had a bad pizza in Napoli, so I bet it's delicious.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Gigi Galli posted:

I was trying to figure out what's on it - arugula, mushrooms maybe? I thought the same thing. The pitch comparison is accurate.

However, I've never had a bad pizza in Napoli, so I bet it's delicious.

Pesto sauce? Should be decent if it's that simple.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Niang looked (understandably, given his age) out of his elements when he was put in a position to shine against Barca last year. I'm still pissed that he didn't score too. Hopefully they get past the group stage and he gets another chance, but he still needs to grow before we can rely on him in the CL and frankly, I think we can make do without him barring any catastrophic injuries

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Duro posted:

Niang looked (understandably, given his age) out of his elements when he was put in a position to shine against Barca last year. I'm still pissed that he didn't score too. Hopefully they get past the group stage and he gets another chance, but he still needs to grow before we can rely on him in the CL and frankly, I think we can make do without him barring any catastrophic injuries

Yeah I don't think he would've actually played that much but it's very insulting to him to leave him out by mistake. After signing Matri I'm also kind of disappointed that he didn't get a loan to somewhere where he could play every match. He needs the experience.

Here's Italy's list for the qualifiers against Bulgaria and the Czech Republic

Portieri: Buffon (Juventus), Marchetti (Lazio), Sirigu (Paris SG.).

Difensori: Abate (Milan), Antonelli (Genoa), Astori (Cagliari), Barzagli, Chiellini, Bonucci (Juventus), Maggio (Napoli), Ranocchia (Inter).

Centrocampisti: Aquilani (Fiorentina), Candreva (Lazio), Cerci (Torino), De Rossi, Florenzi (Roma), Diamanti (Bologna), Giaccherini (Sunderland), Montolivo (Milan), Pirlo (Juventus), Thiago Motta, Verratti (Paris SG.).

Attaccanti: Balotelli, El Shaarawy (Milan), Gabbiadini (Sampdoria), Gilardino (Genoa), Insigne (Napoli), Osvaldo (Southampton).

No Rossi, but that's to be expected given he's played just 4 games at Fiorentina so far. Gabbiadini is a surprise inclusion, as is Thiago Motta. Kind of annoyed that Antonelli is getting calls over De Sciglio, but at least there's no chance he gets injured.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

its probably arugula pesto caramelized onion and mushroom

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Bakaye Traore has gone on loan to Turkish club Erciyesspor. Milan will miss his good luck charminess, surely.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Bakaye Traore has gone on loan to Turkish club Erciyesspor. Milan will miss his good luck charminess, surely.

About loving time.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Vucinic hurt himself tonight, as did Abate. No word on the seriousness of each injury, but Abate at least wont make the next qualifier on Tuesday.

If Vucinic doesn't play next week, you guys think Llorente or Quagliarella will take his place? Maybe even Giovinco? I'd love to see Giovinco and Tevez run underneath some towering defender's legs.

e: Neither Antonelli nor Abate will be able to play on Tuesday and with Barzagli out already we'll be missing some defenders. I imagine Prandelli will line up with Maggio, Bonucci, Chiellini and Ogbonna if he's available. Ogbonna was in the stands today but Im not sure if he's hurt or if he was suspended. Maybe Chiellini will play left back and Astori will be in the middle with Bonucci, ugh.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 6, 2013

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I'd be surprised if Llorente started considering its against Inter, it would be a pretty big statement of support from Conte if Llorente does start. I'd expect Quagliarella, then maybe start Giovinco and Llorente against Copenhagen at home a few days later.

Expect complaining about Matri this week, I'd bet on that.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

I'd be surprised if Llorente started considering its against Inter, it would be a pretty big statement of support from Conte if Llorente does start. I'd expect Quagliarella, then maybe start Giovinco and Llorente against Copenhagen at home a few days later.

Expect complaining about Matri this week, I'd bet on that.

Yeah it'll be me complaining that he's playing over El Shaarawy.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Vucinic hurt himself tonight, as did Abate. No word on the seriousness of each injury, but Abate at least wont make the next qualifier on Tuesday.

If Vucinic doesn't play next week, you guys think Llorente or Quagliarella will take his place? Maybe even Giovinco? I'd love to see Giovinco and Tevez run underneath some towering defender's legs.

e: Neither Antonelli nor Abate will be able to play on Tuesday and with Barzagli out already we'll be missing some defenders. I imagine Prandelli will line up with Maggio, Bonucci, Chiellini and Ogbonna if he's available. Ogbonna was in the stands today but Im not sure if he's hurt or if he was suspended. Maybe Chiellini will play left back and Astori will be in the middle with Bonucci, ugh.

Prandelli loving finally called up Pasqual. It's amazing that Abate and Antonelli had to get injured before Pasqual got his chance.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Well Fiorentina is down 2 defenders for the time being.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

Well Fiorentina is down 2 defenders for the time being.

What do you mean? We're not playing this weekend.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Hegazy is out 6 months due to ligament issues and Savic picked up an injury while on international duty.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Thanks for the nick name Soulex. Yeah it was a tough match for me.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Cross posting from the premier league thread, but the squads for Steve Harper's testimonial on Wednesday have come out and there are some great players in the squads

Newcastle: Steve Harper, Pavel Srnicek, Shay Given, John Beresford, Olivier Bernard, Nikos Dabizas, Brian Kilcline, Darren Peacock, Alessandro Pistone, Steve Watson, Joey Barton, Lee Bowyer, Nicky Butt, Lee Clark, Kieron Dyer, Ruel Fox, Keith Gillespie, David Ginola, Liam O’Brien, Scott Sellars, Nolberto Solano, Steve Stone, Alan Thompson, Rob Lee, Faustino Asprilla, Peter Beardsley, Andrew Cole, Les Ferdinand, Paul Kitson, Alan Shearer.

AC Milan: Sebastiano Rossi, Massimo Taibi, Franco Baresi, Roberto Favalli, Paolo Maldini, Roberto Mussi, Massimo Oddo, Guiseppe Pancaro, Pietro Vierchowod, Ibrahim Ba, Zvonimir Boban, Alessandro Costacurta, Angelo Carbone, Federico Giunti, Christian Lantignotti, Gianluigi Lentini, Mark van Bommel, Daniele Massaro, Christian Vieri.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
BOBAN

Gonna watch the poo poo out of that.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

Hegazy is out 6 months due to ligament issues and Savic picked up an injury while on international duty.

Horrible about Hegazy, reminds me a bit about Rossi :( but apparently Tuttosport hosed up on Savic and reported about an old injury from June. He is fine :)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegav posted:

Thanks for the nick name Soulex. Yeah it was a tough match for me.

lol

Im glad Pasqual got his call up, he's been deserving of it for a long time.

Scott Bakula posted:

Cross posting from the premier league thread, but the squads for Steve Harper's testimonial on Wednesday have come out and there are some great players in the squads

Newcastle: Steve Harper, Pavel Srnicek, Shay Given, John Beresford, Olivier Bernard, Nikos Dabizas, Brian Kilcline, Darren Peacock, Alessandro Pistone, Steve Watson, Joey Barton, Lee Bowyer, Nicky Butt, Lee Clark, Kieron Dyer, Ruel Fox, Keith Gillespie, David Ginola, Liam O’Brien, Scott Sellars, Nolberto Solano, Steve Stone, Alan Thompson, Rob Lee, Faustino Asprilla, Peter Beardsley, Andrew Cole, Les Ferdinand, Paul Kitson, Alan Shearer.

AC Milan: Sebastiano Rossi, Massimo Taibi, Franco Baresi, Roberto Favalli, Paolo Maldini, Roberto Mussi, Massimo Oddo, Guiseppe Pancaro, Pietro Vierchowod, Ibrahim Ba, Zvonimir Boban, Alessandro Costacurta, Angelo Carbone, Federico Giunti, Christian Lantignotti, Gianluigi Lentini, Mark van Bommel, Daniele Massaro, Christian Vieri.

Billy :unsmith: Do you know if this is on TV anywhere?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Milito is set to return for Inter, he played in a friendly and scored today. Belfodil will never play now.

Sky is reporting that Mirko is definitely out for the Inter game, haven't seen any word on his long term situation yet.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I honestly think I'm hallucinating when it comes to this Harper testimonial like I have no idea where its coming from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gigi Galli posted:

Billy :unsmith: Do you know if this is on TV anywhere?

No idea. I really hope it is though.

tbp I have no idea how he got that Milan team either. Its incredible. Baresi has said he's looking forward to playing in England for the first time and especially against Shearer. Maybe its just because of who Harper was able to get for the Newcastle team?

• Locked thread